Author Topic: The Ten-Gen Townie Dynasty Challenge  (Read 129709 times)

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
Re: The Ten-Gen Townie Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #45 on: November 16, 2016, 09:11:46 PM »
I'm glad you're asking all these questions, @reggikko, as it makes me think that you're planning on doing this.

Well, I've started a practice file. I'm just asking what occurs to me as I play and try to figure out strategy! I do have a regular Dynasty going and am on Gen 4, but I needed a little break from it. I really like the sound of this challenge and so far it's proving to be both challenging and fun. I already have a few notes to self on what NOT to do in the real file. ;)

Offline Whirligig

• Simmer Down Sally
  • Occult
    • Whirligig Plays Sims
« Reply #46 on: November 16, 2016, 11:05:22 PM »
Added:

-2 points for every club perk.
Is this applied when club perks are purchased?

Do penalties accrue on free days/before your founder moves, or only when you're scoring? I may have had more than one early game house fire in my test files. :P
The Morven Dynasty
Blogger ||| Simblr

Soroja14 on Origin

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #47 on: November 17, 2016, 08:17:34 AM »
Added:

-2 points for every club perk.
Is this applied when club perks are purchased?

Do penalties accrue on free days/before your founder moves, or only when you're scoring? I may have had more than one early game house fire in my test files. :P

You only get the penalty when you buy a club perk. And penalties are taken only when you're scoring. You don't get them before moving in with the spouse, and you don't get them on free days.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #48 on: November 17, 2016, 08:26:46 AM »
Added:

You'll get a free day every 10 points. If your Sim is at 9 points and gets awarded 2 points, you can carry the 11th point over. If your Sim takes the free day at 10 points and then loses a point or two the next day, you'll have to wait till you get to 20 points before taking another free day.

Also added was the clarification that you can use the group function only on community lots.

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Watcher
« Reply #49 on: November 17, 2016, 09:58:35 AM »
Update on the spreadsheet. It is comming along.
The main part is more or less done, but was playing around with a feature to track the points on a organised way too, not sure i can get that part.

But the main part will soon be uploaded at least.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #50 on: November 18, 2016, 08:05:50 AM »
Added:

The founder and heirs may take only items they have made or found when they move.

@LenaLJ, looking forward to seeing the spreadsheet!

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #51 on: November 19, 2016, 12:21:42 PM »
Do we begin controlling the heir once 50 points are accumulated, regardless of age, or do we wait until they are a YA? If we can control them before YA, can they start on their collections or do they wait?

Do dancing and photography count as designated skills or for the 2-point skill completion points? Can heirs complete skills for the 2 points (but not as a designated skill) if they have been completed by the founder or previous heir as a designated skill? I assume maxing cooking or handiness will still count for the 2 point completion even though they cannot be designated skills.

Can heirs take vacation days from school on free days?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #52 on: November 19, 2016, 02:12:05 PM »
Do we begin controlling the heir once 50 points are accumulated, regardless of age, or do we wait until they are a YA? If we can control them before YA, can they start on their collections or do they wait?

Yes, you have to switch over to the heir at 50 points. They can start on their collection and portraits at any age.

Do dancing and photography count as designated skills or for the 2-point skill completion points? Can heirs complete skills for the 2 points (but not as a designated skill) if they have been completed by the founder or previous heir as a designated skill? I assume maxing cooking or handiness will still count for the 2 point completion even though they cannot be designated skills.

Yes to everything. We debated photography and dancing, but decided that the challenge is difficult enough as it is.

Sure. There's no restriction on vacations.

[/quote]

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #53 on: November 19, 2016, 04:50:29 PM »

If it's okay to use vacation days and stay home from school on free days, does that mean writing an excuse note for a childen/teen to miss school on a free day is also allowed?
Can working sims also take a vacation day on a free day?

Are the three Granite Falls areas handled like community lots? That is, can the main sim use Action/Group interactions at Granite Falls?

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #54 on: November 19, 2016, 05:52:02 PM »

If it's okay to use vacation days and stay home from school on free days, does that mean writing an excuse note for a childen/teen to miss school on a free day is also allowed?
Can working sims also take a vacation day on a free day?

Are the three Granite Falls areas handled like community lots? That is, can the main sim use Action/Group interactions at Granite Falls?

Yes.

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #55 on: November 19, 2016, 07:29:55 PM »
Yes, you have to switch over to the heir at 50 points. They can start on their collection and portraits at any age.

Oops. I'm going to have to time that and/or prepare a bit better in my official file! Controlling a child for 5 days without prior preparation is not good. :D

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #56 on: November 19, 2016, 08:07:21 PM »

Oops. I'm going to have to time that and/or prepare a bit better in my official file! Controlling a child for 5 days without prior preparation is not good. :D

Hehe, speeding through this is not the best approach. If you have enough money, though, a child can arrange for things that break to be replaced.

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #57 on: November 20, 2016, 01:40:22 AM »
@Whirligig, You're right, the ISBI challenge was an inspiration, and if you've played that, especially in TS2, then you should be able to handle this. Besides using premades, you'll also get 5 free days in which to control all the Sims in your household.

Does this mean that we can use a free day after reaching 50 points and switching control to the heir?

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #58 on: November 20, 2016, 07:55:30 AM »
@Whirligig, You're right, the ISBI challenge was an inspiration, and if you've played that, especially in TS2, then you should be able to handle this. Besides using premades, you'll also get 5 free days in which to control all the Sims in your household.

Does this mean that we can use a free day after reaching 50 points and switching control to the heir?

Yes, that counts as a free day, too, so you can wrap up things with the founder or previous heir. I used it to get everyone to pose for their portraits.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #59 on: November 24, 2016, 11:52:24 AM »
The challenge is live now. Please read through the rules before you start playing as a couple of things have been added.

anything