Author Topic: My First TS3 build --- 15 Summer Hill Court --- Updated with a Stuff Pack  (Read 3555 times)

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
Details about my Sims' house:

Houses : 15 Summer Hill Court
Name: 15 Summer Hill Court
Lot Size: 60X60
Bedrooms: 2
Bathrooms: 1
Cost when placed on X lot: 15 Summer Hill Court --- §517,490
Cost when placed on X lot unfurnished: 15 Summer Hill Court --- §103,950
Requires expansion/Sims 3 store content: none --- base game and Town Life Stuff Pack --- no Sims 3 store content
Requires expansions?: yes --- Town Life Stuff Pack

Short Description:
A one level family-friendly house with many comforts, electronics, toys, updated playground equipment --- including a sandbox and a tree house, as well as a large fountain with a pool, along with two expensive cars.
Screenshot.jpg

Long Description: 
Toddlers, children and teens will learn skills and enjoy their lives in this house --- with many objects to assist them in the learning process.  Comfortable furniture throughout the house will ensure happy Sim families for generations to come.  The Kelly's are a family of 3, but this house could certainly accommodate a family of 4.  The child's bedroom has two desks: one for a computer and one for written homework.

Screenshot-2.jpg
backyard

Screenshot-3.jpg
backyard close-up

Screenshot-4.jpg
pool

Screenshot-5.jpg
treehouse/child sim close-up

Screenshot-6.jpg
child's bedroom

Screenshot-7.jpg
parent's bedroom

Screenshot-8.jpg
kitchen

Screenshot-19.jpg
dining room

Screenshot-20.jpg
bathroom

Screenshot-21.jpg
living room

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
Re: My First TS3 build --- 15 Summer Hill Court
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2016, 12:01:52 AM »
I didn't post the first version my first TS3 house because it was one very large room with stuff for various rooms scattered around.  It didn't have any walls because I was just learning how to rotate --- but now, I'm really starting to understand TS3 --- although, I know that I will still have plenty of questions :)!  It's a great game, overall 8)!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2016, 01:05:50 AM »
Well done building your first house! It's such a fun set of skills to pick up :) . Just letting you know the house file doesn't seem to be attached to your post, which means people can't download your work. This link should hopefully help you upload your house (don't forget step 5 and 6).

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2016, 01:25:20 AM »
Well done building your first house! It's such a fun set of skills to pick up :) . Just letting you know the house file doesn't seem to be attached to your post, which means people can't download your work. This link should hopefully help you upload your house (don't forget step 5 and 6).

Thanks so much @Ausette!  I'm really glad you like it.  I will follow the link this Friday after Thanksgiving tomorrow.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
Re: My First TS3 build --- 15 Summer Hill Court --- Updated with a Stuff Pack
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2016, 02:25:54 AM »
I updated my original post with pictures after I got the Town Life Stuff Pack, so the lot costs more now --- but it's more homey :).

Offline Loconut

• Llama Wrangler
    • My DA
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2016, 02:19:23 AM »
Good job on your first build on TS3! Building is a lot different from TS4, but there's a lot of cool things you can do with the terrain modification once you get the hang of it! I like the ground lights around the pool, and the fountain is very cute!

Just letting you know, if you're using the chandeliers only to add light, if you cntrl + shift click a lamp in buy/build mode you can set their brightness if you need more light. It controls in a scale of 1-5, and you can even set the colour of the light.

Also there are invisible lights (called debug lights) that you can place to light up an area. These lights will only show up in buy/build mode, and will be invisible in live mode while still providing light.

These lights can be accessed by
->Testingcheatsenabled true
-->Buydebug on
---> in buy mode, a box with a question mark appears (debug mode)
----> Last tab "misc.". The lights will be named and their thumbnails will look like there's nothing there. Once placed they're yellow rectangles or circles.

Just in case you wanted a central chandelier or two. None of the lights in TS3 are very bright so I end up using debug lights to amp the effects quite a bit.
Blob.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2016, 02:31:23 AM »
Good job on your first build on TS3! Building is a lot different from TS4, but there's a lot of cool things you can do with the terrain modification once you get the hang of it! I like the ground lights around the pool, and the fountain is very cute!

Just letting you know, if you're using the chandeliers only to add light, if you cntrl + shift click a lamp in buy/build mode you can set their brightness if you need more light. It controls in a scale of 1-5, and you can even set the colour of the light.

Also there are invisible lights (called debug lights) that you can place to light up an area. These lights will only show up in buy/build mode, and will be invisible in live mode while still providing light.

These lights can be accessed by
->Testingcheatsenabled true
-->Buydebug on
---> in buy mode, a box with a question mark appears (debug mode)
----> Last tab "misc.". The lights will be named and their thumbnails will look like there's nothing there. Once placed they're yellow rectangles or circles.

Just in case you wanted a central chandelier or two. None of the lights in TS3 are very bright so I end up using debug lights to amp the effects quite a bit.
Thanks a lot, @Loconut!  I'm glad you like my first build in TS3 --- especially the pool lights and fountain :)!  I tried the terrain tool today, and I need to practice before I use it again.  However, I placed the two lots that I wanted to on empty lots, which were flat.

Thanks for letting me know how to set light brightness in TS3, as well as how to use buydebug lights and other items.  I'm used to doing both in TS4.  TS3 is very different from TS4 in many ways, but it's very fun and unique --- especially open world and cars --- and it was nice to be able to play with and teach a toddler :)!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.