Author Topic: Artistic Prodigy Glitch with Piano?  (Read 3177 times)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Artistic Prodigy Glitch with Piano?
« on: December 08, 2016, 06:48:07 PM »
When one of my child sims does the Artistic Prodigy aspiration, I always leave the "Play musical instrument for 5 hours" for last.
Because they'll have maxed Creativity by the time they reach that goal, they can get mentored and earn about 5 levels of either Violin or Piano.
I'm sure many of you approach this aspiration in the same way.

With my current twins, the first one completed Artistic Prodigy with a Level 5 violin skill.
The second kid, however, maxed Creativity then played piano for five hours without earning a single point in that skill.
I tried having the kid quit playing piano then restarting to see if he would acquire the Piano skill, but he never did.

Has anyone else experienced this same issue?
My previous generation (two kids) both maxed the Piano skill as children, so this glitch is new to my game file. Like, post-patch?

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
Re: Artistic Prodigy Glitch with Piano?
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2016, 07:48:08 PM »
@oshizu --- My experience has always been that the child completes the creativity aspiration, and then, may gain skill in either piano or violin or both --- if you use long life span.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2016, 09:09:52 PM »
@oshizu --- My experience has always been that the child completes the creativity aspiration, and then, may gain skill in either piano or violin or both --- if you use long life span.

I never use Long lifespan.
Using the Normal lifespan setting, my child sim typically only needs to max the Creativity skill (not the Artistic Prodigy aspiration) to be able to start learning the violin and piano skills.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2016, 09:54:16 PM »

I never use Long lifespan.
Using the Normal lifespan setting, my child sim typically only needs to max the Creativity skill (not the Artistic Prodigy aspiration) to be able to start learning the violin and piano skills.
@oshizu --- O.K.  I think I've had it on long lifespan for a long time, and recently, aging off, that Sim children can complete all 4 aspirations and max all 4 skills, so maybe I forgot how it was on normal life span 8).  Now, with aging off, they can max all of the skills in TS4, which children are allowed to learn.

I hope the glitch is fixed soon.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2016, 09:57:16 PM »
To summarize my problem:

My child sims have maxed their Creativity skill but can only learn the Violin skill, not the Piano skill. (They can play the piano but do not acquire the skill.)
Has anyone else encountered this issue or is it a glitch unique to my game?

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2016, 10:13:25 PM »
I don't think I've played Artistic Prodigy since the patch. In a recent file, though, my child maxed the mental skill and when I sent her to Stargaze with the telescope, I noticed she was not gaining Logic skill. I cancelled and had her restart and she then gained skill as she should have. That's not terribly helpful to you since stopping and starting worked in that instance, but it does seem that something may be off with children gaining adult skills after maxing a child skill.