Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 1257557 times)

Offline Margerita

• Immortal
Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #390 on: March 27, 2010, 11:55:37 AM »
I can speak Swedish of course since it is my native tounge, english as is evident from my posts in this forum and I can also speak somewhat decent french.

TheLostGirls

« Reply #391 on: March 27, 2010, 08:59:23 PM »
I am so jealous of you people who can speak three languages. I really want to learn French.

Are you going to take a French class in school?

My high school only offers Spanish which is my native language >:(. I am saving up for Rosseta Stone French.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #392 on: March 27, 2010, 10:36:07 PM »
My high school only offers Spanish which is my native language

Wow.  Times have changed since I went to high school in Irving.  We had a choice of Spanish, French, Latin, and German.  I even had the choice of Spanish or French in Junior High.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

sfsfsfgiants

« Reply #393 on: March 27, 2010, 11:41:51 PM »
Our school only offers Spanish and American Sign Language.

Offline aws_137

• Townie
« Reply #394 on: March 28, 2010, 05:29:25 AM »
You know, I haven't introduced myself in this forum before. And because I feel like doing so now, yea...

Hi, I'm Andrew. I'm from Malaysia, and although I'm Chinese, I can only speak Malay and English. Pfft. I tried Sims 1 when I was really young. Then I had Sims 2 and Vacation as an expansion. Now I have Sims 3 and WA.

I like this forum(as well as the guide). I find it comprehensive, better and easier to refer to in comparison with the main Sims site and other game guide websites. There's plenty of things here about Sims 3 I didn't know of, resulting in a significant decrease of sleep I've been getting. Good job, Carl and team. =(

I have a request I'd like to make. If you catch me with any bad use of English in this forums, please correct me. I want to improve my not-so-fluent English. =)

Offline Swede1992

• Watcher
« Reply #395 on: March 28, 2010, 06:30:57 AM »
Well then, a somewhat late welcome to you aws_137! :)

I actually know two guys who was in Kuala Lumpur for a couple of years, so it's fun to have someone from Malaysia here on the forum! And of course we can help you if your grammar gets too bad sometime, that's how you learn a language.
Manbearpig simply wants to get you. I'm super cereal. - Al Gore :)
There is no absolute truth, but the Forum Rules still come pretty close. Pay them a visit.

Offline Eftyen

• Townie
« Reply #396 on: March 28, 2010, 11:18:46 PM »
I just couldn't resist being a "grammar nazi" here, in light of the last two posts.

Swede, you should've said "...two guys who were in Kuala Lumpur..." and you shouldn't have begun a sentence with the word "And".

aws, your English is far better than some I have (tried to) read on other forums, so don't bee too worried about it!  The only errors you made were minor punctuation mistakes (commas are tricky!) and I had no problem understanding what you were saying.

Welcome to the forum!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #397 on: March 29, 2010, 02:20:48 AM »
AND, of course, it's always funny when the grammar nazi makes a grammar mistake.  Eftyen, you had "bee" instead of "be."
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline aws_137

• Townie
« Reply #398 on: March 29, 2010, 04:54:33 AM »
I just couldn't resist being a "grammar nazi" here, in light of the last two posts.

Swede, you should've said "...two guys who were in Kuala Lumpur..." and you shouldn't have begun a sentence with the word "And".

aws, your English is far better than some I have (tried to) read on other forums, so don't bee too worried about it!  The only errors you made were minor punctuation mistakes (commas are tricky!) and I had no problem understanding what you were saying.

Welcome to the forum!

Since perfection is elementary, I should be worried about it. Thanks for what I take as compliments here and there. Minor punctuation mistakes... I'll take note of that.

Offline Eftyen

• Townie
« Reply #399 on: March 29, 2010, 03:44:14 PM »
LOL!  <facepalm>  That'll teach me...

TheLostGirls

« Reply #400 on: March 29, 2010, 07:51:18 PM »
I want to learn Sign Language too.

And simlish.

Offline Swede1992

• Watcher
« Reply #401 on: March 30, 2010, 02:56:27 PM »
Ha, ha Eftyen, maybe you're right, noone's perfect! I'll give you that for the subject/verb agreement, but to start a sentence with 'and' is considered unusual and often wrong, but it has in later years become more and more accepted to start a sentence with 'and' depending on the tone of formality of the text. Accordingly, a gaming forum is still, even though we still can keep some level of courtesy, a pretty informal place to post in! :) (For example illustrated in the wide use of contractions throughout a forum)

Don't even get me started on whether the right to develop a language lies with the dictionaries or the users of the language! :D
Manbearpig simply wants to get you. I'm super cereal. - Al Gore :)
There is no absolute truth, but the Forum Rules still come pretty close. Pay them a visit.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #402 on: March 30, 2010, 03:02:34 PM »
Ha, ha Eftyen, maybe you're right, noone's perfect! I'll give you that for the subject/verb agreement, but to start a sentence with 'and' is considered unusual and often wrong, but it has in later years become more and more accepted to start a sentence with 'and' depending on the tone of formality of the text.

I do that all the time (starting a brief sentence with "And"). And I could care less if it's wrong.  ;D

Offline Eftyen

• Townie
« Reply #403 on: March 30, 2010, 04:26:26 PM »
You mean you couldn't care less.  To say that you could care less is the same as saying that you care more than the minimum possible/conceivable, i.e. that you do, in fact, care.  Also, is the use of bold-faced font allowed here?  I honestly don't remember.

===Edit===

Here I will gently thwack all of us (myself included) for getting off topic.  We can start a new thread for grammatical quibbling, if anyone cares enough.

TheLostGirls

« Reply #404 on: March 31, 2010, 09:20:48 PM »
Well some times someone tries to correct somebody they make a mistake in their post and I go xD.

anything