Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 1252206 times)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #495 on: April 30, 2010, 08:51:25 PM »
My name is indeed from Dune. Althoug I havent read the book myself, my parents did. Wasn't my alter ego on paper a king? I think than my parents has high expectations from me. :P

Oh, is Leto your real name then?  There are 2 Letos in the Dune series.  The first is a Duke who is the father of the hero character, Paul Atreides.  The second Leto is the son of Paul and grandson of the first Leto.  This second Leto grows up, merges himself with a sandworm, and becomes Emperor for hundreds of years.  :D
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #496 on: May 01, 2010, 05:22:39 PM »
Hi! I just joined this forum, although I've been reading it for about a year now! I love TS3, so I wanted an account here. Nice to meet you all!  ;D
Formerly Simstar3

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline The Illuminator

• Occult
  • Illumination now with energy saving light bulbs!
« Reply #497 on: May 01, 2010, 05:54:35 PM »
Welkom Leto. Hoeveel Nederlanders schat je dat we hier hebben?

I also want to welcome you, Simstar! By the way, does this forum really exist a year already?!
Le mot impossible n'est pas Francais

The word "impossible" is not French

- Napoleon Bonaparte -

Offline Swede1992

• Watcher
« Reply #498 on: May 01, 2010, 06:02:14 PM »
Welcome Simstar! Wow, you've read this forum longer than me! (Found it November or December last year)
Manbearpig simply wants to get you. I'm super cereal. - Al Gore :)
There is no absolute truth, but the Forum Rules still come pretty close. Pay them a visit.

Leto85

« Reply #499 on: May 01, 2010, 08:10:22 PM »
My name is indeed from Dune. Althoug I havent read the book myself, my parents did. Wasn't my alter ego on paper a king? I think than my parents has high expectations from me. :P
This second Leto grows up, merges himself with a sandworm, and becomes Emperor for hundreds of years.  :D

Merged himself wit a sandworm? Really? Aw... Let's just hope I don't have to do that to, just because I am a Leto. Although becoming an Emperor of something for hundreds of years was something I had plans for indeed. :P Maybe I have to read that book still, just to getting to know myself a little bit better :P.
And yes, my name's Leto. I didn't feel to take a another name. Let's just say I have not manny things to hide so I don't mind people knowing my first name. I'm Leto85 on Youtube to, Hyves the same, Facebook, Orbit (or whatever that Spanish forumthing name was again) but not on Netlog. One day someone thought it funny to use my name on some not so T for Teens Woohoo site (if you know what I mean) but he (or she) got himself banned anyway I thougt so if you find that, it's not me. My last name is btw not 85. :P

Leto85

« Reply #500 on: May 01, 2010, 08:20:56 PM »
Welkom Leto. Hoeveel Nederlanders schat je dat we hier hebben?

Hoeveel? Wel uhm... Jij, ik en ik dacht nog een meisje die een vraag had hoe haar Nederlandse game te deinstalleren naar een Engelstalige versie. Dus 3. Tenzij iedereen een geintje zit uit te halen en dit een uitgelopen 1april grap is. :P Maar dat betwijfel ik.

For the English readers who want to follow this conversation: The Illuminator was asking me how much people from Holland I thought we got here and I thougt 3; him, me and a girl who has posted a question on how to deinstall her Dutch game to an Enlish one.

[Edited for correct quoting. Remember to have a [/quote] box after a quote in order to define where it ends. - Swede]

Leto85

« Reply #501 on: May 01, 2010, 08:30:30 PM »
Hey Leto,

I have to say your English is a good deal better than my Dutch! I have to say I have a huge amount of admiration for anyone who can type in a foreign language. I struggle to speak them let alone write them!

Thank you for the compliment. I've read a lot of English stuff on mostly the internet or by watching movies or playing games (thank you Pokemon) so I'm familiar with the language.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Swede1992

• Watcher
« Reply #502 on: May 01, 2010, 09:06:08 PM »
Thank you for the compliment. I've read a lot of English stuff on mostly the internet or by watching movies or playing games (thank you Pokemon) so I'm familiar with the language.
He, I know what you mean. I attribute all my English skills from an English Cartoon Network from when I was 3 and then the Simpsons several times a day between 6 and 10. My pokémon however was in Swedish, so that's excluded. It's amazing how much language you can learn from TV, isn't it? :)

Like 90% of all my computer and console games are in English as well, so that certainly has had its part.
There is no absolute truth, but the Forum Rules still come pretty close. Pay them a visit.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #503 on: May 02, 2010, 01:15:25 AM »
By the way, does this forum really exist a year already?!

No.  This Forum is only about six months old.  Even the Sims 3 game hasn't been out for a year.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline AriaGirl77

• Watcher
« Reply #504 on: May 02, 2010, 04:26:34 AM »
By the way, does this forum really exist a year already?!

No.  This Forum is only about six months old.  Even the Sims 3 game hasn't been out for a year.

Really?  Wow, you guys are total rock stars to only be at it for such a short time! 

Offline The Illuminator

• Occult
  • Illumination now with energy saving light bulbs!
« Reply #505 on: May 02, 2010, 09:12:09 AM »
He, I know what you mean. I attribute all my English skills from an English Cartoon Network from when I was 3 and then the Simpsons several times a day between 6 and 10. My pokémon however was in Swedish, so that's excluded. It's amazing how much language you can learn from TV, isn't it? :)

Like 90% of all my computer and console games are in English as well, so that certainly has had its part.

When I was very young I just started reading things in English because there was no proper translation available. I was miles ahead when I started English lessons. My parents also thought it was very important for me to learn English, because only a few countries speak Dutch and English is spoken everywhere.
Le mot impossible n'est pas Francais

The word "impossible" is not French

- Napoleon Bonaparte -

Offline Swede1992

• Watcher
« Reply #506 on: May 02, 2010, 09:31:52 AM »
Well, there are approximately 10 million people that speak Swedish, while over 20 million speak Dutch; so if anything, my language is the odd one out! ;)

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #507 on: May 02, 2010, 12:26:54 PM »
The most commonly spoken language is probably gibberish!  ;D
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #508 on: May 02, 2010, 02:00:52 PM »
Sorry I said a year.  :-X I've just been reading this forum and guide for a long time, ever since I found a link on sims wiki.
Formerly Simstar3

Offline AriaGirl77

• Watcher
« Reply #509 on: May 02, 2010, 03:06:31 PM »
The most commonly spoken language is probably gibberish!  ;D

Or around here... simlish. :P

Sorry, it had to be said. lol

anything