Author Topic: Two "Home Decor" photos to get in Home Sweet Home collection?  (Read 9492 times)

Arcanea

Two "Home Decor" photos to get in Home Sweet Home collection?
« on: December 06, 2010, 05:54:54 PM »
I just noticed that in the Home Sweet Home collection I have two separate photos to get, both called "Home Decor" (same spelling and capitalization on both).  I have captured one, but no matter how many Home Decor photos I take, it won't give me credit for the second one.  I don't have the unnamed photo in that collection like there used to be.  Is this a "fix" or what?  Any way around this?

Offline mtglady

• Global Moderator
  • Immortal
  • Enjoy life and The Sims!
Re: Two "Home Decor" photos to get in Home Sweet Home collection?
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2011, 09:44:52 PM »
This might be a glitch in your game as I only have one photo for Home Decor.  I checked several of my games to make sure. 
You might want to start a new game and see if it appears that way again.  Also make sure you have no mods or CC in your game other than store items.
Read the Forum Rules, they were written for a reason!  
Visit the Sims 3 Swap Shop.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

DaVinciAmNot

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2011, 08:42:38 AM »
I had the same problem.  I got credited for the second Home Decor when I took a picture of a statue that a Sim of mine made.  The credit for the first Home Decor was for a painting.  It worked for both of my photographer Sims.  Maybe it just has to be a statue, not necessarily made by a Sim of yours.

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2011, 10:11:39 AM »
I had the same problem.  I got credited for the second Home Decor when I took a picture of a statue that a Sim of mine made.  The credit for the first Home Decor was for a painting.  It worked for both of my photographer Sims.  Maybe it just has to be a statue, not necessarily made by a Sim of yours.

I've had this problem on every photographer I've ever had...and I've had a lot of them.  I managed to complete it once, but I couldn't remember what I took a picture of to get it.  I'm pretty certain it wasn't a statue, though.  But if I can make this work regularly, you will be a hero for sure!
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

Offline pixelatedpixie

• Nooboo
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2013, 08:58:54 AM »
Thank you for the tip, my sim bought a sculpting work station and carved out a statue, I got the second Home Decor photo from that and completed that collection.