Author Topic: A Muy Caliente Story the Ten-Gen Townie Dynasty Challenge update 5.8  (Read 80371 times)

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
Re: A Muy Caliente Story the Ten-Gen Townie Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2017, 01:56:16 AM »
Hooray! I love Diego. He's one of my faves, and I love the way you're writing him. I'm excited to see how you make him over.

The museum is absolutely stunning. I look forward to watching it fill up with your heirs' accomplishments.

So glad the wedding went smoothly this time! Nina is so charming. I'm really excited to read more about her adventures.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2017, 10:55:54 AM »
What a great move to choose Diego the Art Critic, thus placing your beautiful museum in the center of your storyline!

All the Caliente ladies sport fabulous hair, especially your founder Nina. Loved her bridal gown as well.
I'm glad to hear that Katrina managed to restrain herself this time.
So, you think the flirting happened last time because the wedding hadn't started so Katrina didn't consider Senor Caliente to be her future son-in-law?

Best wishes to you, Nina, on your new life in San Myshuno!

Thanks! I am rather happy with having Diego promoting the museum :)

I don't know why it happened last time. Maybe she was in a romantic mood - and in my first file Diego spent a lot of time at the house so he knew most in the family before the wedding. This time I didn't let him meet them until the deed was to be done. Hopefully it was only one of those freak incidents.

Hooray! I love Diego. He's one of my faves, and I love the way you're writing him. I'm excited to see how you make him over.

The museum is absolutely stunning. I look forward to watching it fill up with your heirs' accomplishments.

So glad the wedding went smoothly this time! Nina is so charming. I'm really excited to read more about her adventures.

I'm excited as well. I haven't even gotten to go in game yet since they moved in due to being very busy at work. Can't wait for this weekend and all the simming time!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2017, 12:17:36 PM »
So glad that this wedding went well. Nina looks great in her bridal gown, and I can't wait to see the nooboo.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
1.3 Pregnant Days
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2017, 05:52:57 AM »
Now we move from the Oasis Springs to San Myshuno -the big city with the bright lights. Hopefully we will be able to sample some of the cultural life during our stay. I hereby swear I will try to encourage the active sims to go out and about, visit community lots and say yes to other sims invitation way more than usual (when I make all my sims just stay on the home lot and skill/work of job performance). Besides, after spending nearly a week building and tweaking the community lots in all neighborhoods, it would be a shame to not use them.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Nina: nnnggh, I hate this!

Don’t look at me, I didn’t make you exercise.

Nina: I don’t know what is wrong with me. I used the restroom and suddenly I was so hyped up I needed to burn some of that energy off. These things should be the first to go when we redo the place.

At least you got an athletics point for your troubles. But I agree, this gym takes up a lot of valuable space.

Nina: Never again – do you hear!

Well, I guess it’s garden salad and fish tacos for eternity then.  Now go rest, I don’t want any minus points from you passing out on me.

Where are you off to?

Nina: After having gotten a little something, something from my man – I have decided to work on my aspiration. I know bars are great places to meet new people so I am going out for the night. Besides, Diego is sleeping, there’s no more fun to be had in bed tonight.

Nina: Hello rust bucket, what’s clinking?

Nina barged in at Knight’s night throwing rude introductions left and right. She concentrated on using her mischievous interactions to level up her skill (1 point) and to single out someone to really rile up. In just a couple of hours she found someone to dislike her. Which was lucky, because she needed to head back home and hang with her hubby.

Diego:  Thanks for the lovely wake up my mischievous pumpkin, you seem especially cheerful this morning. Last night went well, I assume?

Nina: It was great fun my love. I got that stuck-up Eric Lewis so riled up he peed on the floor. He truly dislikes me now.

Diego: Speaking of stuck up sims, here comes the neighbours.

Nina: Hello, I didn’t order housekeeping.

The visit was not a smashing success on the Feng’s part. Nina took an instant dislike to Lily and decided she would be her arch enemy one day. Maybe it was the way she kept looking at Nina’s growing belly, at least that was what she would use as an excuse when talking to Diego.

Lily: Nina is not a week willed sim and she has a nefarious mind, maybe we could recruit her to our cause.

Victor: It’s a pity she wouldn’t have any of drugged fruit cake, she would be under our spell then.

While the Feng’s were plotting in her kitchen Nina managed to get into bed just before collapsing on the floor. That was a close call! Needs drop so quickly while pregnant.

After a good sleep and the unwanted guests had gone home, Nina decided to troll the forums, as well as, sending prank emails to her two future enemies. She earned her first 1,000 satisfaction points by enraging Eric Lewis (2 points) and picked up another point in mischief along the way (3 points).

Nina: How was work my love? Crushed any young artist’s dreams lately?

Diego: Every day my pumpkin, and I have been promoting the selfie as the highest art form. Silly young artists of today, spending more time looking for lens flares than working on their skills!

Nina has become rather well acquainted with Potty Mouth 2.0, she has to be, since she visit’s so often. Her morning sickness seems to only strike during day time hours, so she uses the day to lay low at the apartment and collecting strength for the night’s activities.

So where are you off to tonight?

Nina: Mom invited me to a dance party – she’s a wild one! She says this will make it more likely I will deliver quickly. See, I told you I would be a great founder, I already have 3 points towards my first free day, and I still have a bun in the oven.

Nina and Katrina had a lovely gossip session and became good friends (4 points). I think Nina was trashing Lily Feng’s style while complimenting her mothers.

Then she danced the night away, learning dancing and mischief by instilling her fellow party goers with false confidence and inviting them to fake parties for an additional skill raise (5 points).

When the sun rose she headed home to spend some more time with her new bestie, Potty Mouth 2.0 who became her second good friend (6 points).

Nina entered her third trimester and looked like she would pop any minute, but alas, she seemed determined to wait to the last minute. It was Saturday week 1, and the Watcher couldn’t quite fathom how much Nina had accomplished in less than a week.

Nina: Thanks for inviting us to the Romance Festival Don! I always wanted to go here with Diego when we were dating, but the time was never right.

Since Don was doing his usual thing of flirting with everything in skirts (Nina promised not to tell her mother), she and Diego took the opportunity to re-take their vows.

Their steamy kiss full filled the goal of kissing a sim at the festival and they netted some extra satisfaction form this (I never realized you got satisfaction points for completing festival goals!).

Diego spent most of his time at the festival looking for new talent, and dare I say, wistfully wishing he could do some painting as well. (As soon as we get a free day you will level some painting skill, I promise!). He also seemed to be coming down with something, let’s hope it’s not contagious.

Determined to build a better relationship with her sister, Nina invited Dina and her mom over for some cards. Sadly, once again her pregnancy was conspiring against her, and she had to run off to bed shortly after. So her sister is still just a friend.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
1.4 The 3rd Trimester Trudge
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2017, 07:48:56 AM »
The watcher had forgotten how long it takes to bring a nooboo into the world, on Sunday week 2, exactly one week since the file started Nina was still not ready to go into labor.

Any pains yet?

Nina: Stop trying to click on me to see if I’m in labour! Can’t you see I’m cooking here?

I’ve got to say – I am please we got this apartment, the views even make waiting bearable.

Nina: Oh, it’s starting!

The Watcher had never had a sim give birth at the hospital – so off they went. All the staff were having a break outside, you’d think they would be rushing this pregnant woman to the delivery room, but no interest what so ever.

Nina: Give me a drink already, this pain is torture!

While waiting for the doctors to get of their break, Nina and Diego hung out in the break room and snacked.

Nina: Why aren’t there a bar in this room!

Diego: Don’t worry my pumpkin! You will be fine, besides I heard drinking isn’t the best for the baby. Why don’t you have some cereal instead?

Finally, a pale Nina was called to the delivery room. Diego opted to stay and finish his snack.

Luckily her doctor was deft at handling the machine, and our heir was promptly born. Nina instantly decided that Emma would become one of her best friends.

This is Tamara Lilly, our future heir. She is very pale, but hopefully she will gain some colour as she ages up and is exposed to the sun shining through the windows.

To celebrate the addition to the family Nina threw a House Party. She invited her Family and Don of course. She also invited her doctor Emma Baum and her future enemy Lily Feng (mostly because she had burning desire to insult her).

The flirty and romantic requirements were quickly dealt with by Nina and Diego. Diego recently got a snazzy makeover, where his personal style was enhanced by the Watcher.

The Caterer, Hugo Villareal, was a real steal. He baked a cake that he topped with candles in his hurry to get everything right. He also cooked four party servings of food. We will gladly hire him again.

Don spent most of the party having a bath, and looking out over the city. Maybe her was thinking about someone he met at the Romance Festival.

Nina: Lily, your mother was a Llama, and you try to hard. Look, this is a nice Christening party, not  a fancy ball.

Lily: Your day will come…

Katrina: What were you saying to my daughter?

Nina: So Emma, tell me more about your job at the hospital.

Lily left soon after, but not before taking out the trash. Having her attend the party payed of as Nina got her second 1,000 satisfaction points from insulting her (7 points).

By some miracle, Dina and Katrina managed to grab a slice of cake each just before the party ended, and Nina got a gold medal for it (8 points)!

Nina: The only downside to having a party is all the dishes I have to do the next day, I wish we could have a butler…

Nina: Guess what my love, I’m pregnant again!

Diego: Sweet pumpkin! What wonderful news!

After sharing the secret of her new pregnancy with her hubby, Diego became Nina’s third good friend (9 points). They are so cute together, and he is constantly flirting with her, and kissing her hands.

Nina: …and when you are old enough you will also find the love of your life to start a family with my Lilly girl. But first you have to learn how to be a sister, because mommy is having another baby.

Tamara Lilly and Nina became good friends (10 points) on Monday morning week 2, and the first free day began.

Here are some pictures of Diego’s new style.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2017, 08:37:44 AM »
Good for Nina, refusing the drugged fruitcake! Incidentally, many of your pictures aren't showing up -- just a little box with an x and the jpg size.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2017, 10:04:30 AM »
Good for Nina, refusing the drugged fruitcake! Incidentally, many of your pictures aren't showing up -- just a little box with an x and the jpg size.

How strange they appear for me. Maybe something went wrong when I uploaded. Is it for both chapters or just one of them?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2017, 11:59:53 AM »
They're fine now. Sometimes it can take a while for pictures to load, but usually I just get a blank space until that happens. I love Diego's makeover!

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2017, 12:10:06 PM »
They're fine now. Sometimes it can take a while for pictures to load, but usually I just get a blank space until that happens. I love Diego's makeover!

Thank you! I think he turned out very nice, while still keeping his character.

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2017, 07:51:18 PM »
I love every single outfit Nina's worn so far--that revealing peach-colored athletic top, the purple/black leather number, the dark-pink dress, the list goes on.
Diego's makeover is also great--open bathrobe, eh?

I'm not familiar with this challenge's rules but I can't imagine earning a gold medal for a party where everyone else can't be controlled.
Looking forward to reading about how Nina and Diego spend their free day!

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2017, 05:51:47 PM »
I love every single outfit Nina's worn so far--that revealing peach-colored athletic top, the purple/black leather number, the dark-pink dress, the list goes on.
Diego's makeover is also great--open bathrobe, eh?

I'm not familiar with this challenge's rules but I can't imagine earning a gold medal for a party where everyone else can't be controlled.
Looking forward to reading about how Nina and Diego spend their free day!

The party medal was a total surprise, and probably won't happen again, but I hold up hope. I can say that playing this challenge sans toddlers would be 100% easier. I didn't think it would be that hard until Tamara Lilly grew up, but more about that later...

If you want I can put together some links with where I found the CC in question.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
1.5 Free Day Fun with Nina and Diego
« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2017, 06:32:02 PM »
The Watcher was very excited about the first free day, but had no real plan what so ever, other than getting Diego ready for a promotion and letting the sims roam free.

Diego was in a great mood and well rested to boot, when the free day began at 7.30 in the morning. Nina was exhausted so she went to bed, while Diego started skilling up painting. His view surely couldn’t be better.

Diego: I call it ‘Life before my pumpkin’

Diego went off to take care of Tamara Lilly and Nina decided to troll the forums for some extra inspiration for the nights’ events, as well as, ordering some supplies from the web. She checked the rules carefully before spamming some threads, and declared that they had to hire a nanny, but they wouldn’t get minus points for it, no more being housebound!

The nanny showed up promptly, she was an older woman, named Izumi Shimizu, who seemed very proficient at her job. She went straight to playing with Tamara Lilly and gladly chatted with Nina while Diego was primping.

Once they arrived in Newcrest, Nina bound someone to her brand-new voodoo doll. She was excited to try it out.

Diego headed upstairs to create some art for the museum, while looking out over the skyline and their old wedding venue. Which made him wish to be married to Nina all over again. They are crazy these two, both of them rolled the wish to marry the other once again as soon as they had left the house.

Meanwhile, down in the basement bathrooms (where all sims visiting this lot seem to gather since they are the nicest decorated rooms in this place so far), Nina spent much of the evening unsuccessfully trying to perform voodoo on Lily Feng. Eventually she gained a point in mischief (poor oversight by the Watcher there) and decided to revert to insults instead. Their relationship is now down in the dumps, so at any moment she can summon her with the voodoo doll and declare her an enemy.

When midnight arrived, Diego fetched Nina from the basement and took her across the road to once again renew their wedding vows.

Once back at the house, he showed that he knows the true way to a woman’s hart – doing her dishes!

He also took the opportunity to become good friends with Tamara Lilly before she aged up to a toddler.
Diego: If you ever need anything, remember use your words to ask for it. Because if you expect the Watcher to do it for you, you are out of luck Lilly girl, you are in the wrong kind of Dynasty.

I sure hope you are not carrying twins this time. I feel like you are just growing bigger and bigger.

Nina: Are you calling me fat? Go check the calories of this fruit salad again, it’s all we ever eat anymore.

Finally it was time for Tamara Lilly to age up! After a last cuddle (which was not appreciated), Nina couldn’t wait for Diego to get home from work.

Tamara Lilly aged up looking angry and acquiring the Independent trait. She would go on to embody the most stubborn of these qualities, such as rarely accepting help or food from her parents.

The Watcher has never had to be as nervous about any sim as with Tamara Lilly. After the tenth warning that she was to hungry and might be taken away by child services, and running her parent’s ragged trying to keep her in the house, I have finally concluded that this challenge was way easier without toddlers!

I had lots of cure toddler outfits for her, but these are the only two she ever wore. Little miss independent didn’t like someone else to pick for her apparently.

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2017, 07:40:07 PM »
Tamara Lily sounds like a handful but she's so cute!
Why so many "starving" warnings? Was Nina at work? My sims fired a nanny who ignored three "starving" warnings and got a better one..

Love Tamara's outfits and hair! Diego has such a charming look on his face as he carries the dirty dishes! Dat facial hair!

Thank you for your generous offer of cc links, but I have too much cc as it is. That's why I'm enjoying your sims wearing cc new to me.  ;D

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2017, 07:57:49 PM »
@saltpastillen I'd love some cc for toddlers lol I'm loving these outfits.

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #29 on: March 22, 2017, 01:22:28 AM »
Oh, I love Diego's new wardrobe! Very nice! I also love how in love he and Nina are. They make a great pair.

You capture Nina making some really wonderful expressions. She's a really likeable, engaging protagonist, even when performing voodoo or making enemies. :) And I have to agree that she's impeccably dressed.

Welcome Tamara Lilly! She seems like a handful, but a stunningly cute one. Sure hope Nina doesn't have twins this time. They always seem to pop up when one is least prepared to handle them!

anything