Author Topic: Children in Sims Medieval  (Read 51607 times)

Chuckles_82

Re: Maximum number of children?
« Reply #50 on: May 14, 2011, 07:30:12 PM »
They increased the household limit to 5. If you have a female sim who is not married, you can have four children. If your sim is married then you can only have 3.

Kaliopae

« Reply #51 on: May 15, 2011, 09:34:31 AM »
That's a shame. If I kick husband and children out of the house does that free up space for more kids?

< br/>
Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Hekateras

« Reply #52 on: May 16, 2011, 01:37:08 PM »
How can you kick the children out of the house? How would that work? O_o

I'd also like to hear more about this rumour in the other thread about the new kid replacing an old one if over the limit, with the old one becoming a mature sim living somewhere in the Kingdom. Who has experienced that? Any tips on how to make it happen? In my game the pregnancy simply doesn't happen, it seems.

yaelxyz

« Reply #53 on: May 16, 2011, 03:56:46 PM »
How can you kick the children out of the house? How would that work? O_o

I'd also like to hear more about this rumour in the other thread about the new kid replacing an old one if over the limit, with the old one becoming a mature sim living somewhere in the Kingdom. Who has experienced that? Any tips on how to make it happen? In my game the pregnancy simply doesn't happen, it seems.

If you divorce the husband/wife, you can decide if the kids stay with your hero or with the partner, I think. It happened to me with my monarch once.
I've never heard about that rumor, though.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #54 on: May 17, 2011, 12:20:47 AM »
That rumor came from the Prima Guide.  I've not seen any actual validation of it from any of our members.

Because we already have a thread about children in Sims Medieval, I'm merging this thread with it.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline danefaith

• Top Secret
  • Occult
Re: Children in Sims Medieval
« Reply #55 on: May 19, 2011, 02:53:24 AM »
I'm not keen to buy into the dissapearing children rumor.  My monarch successfully conceived in one or two tries with his first three children.  Since then, they've been unsuccessful, after a count of 30 tries.  I believe the cap prevents a fourth child from even being born.

Oh, sweet irony, deliver me from coincidence.

Please feel free to utilize any of my builds in any of your stories and so forth.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #56 on: May 19, 2011, 02:57:10 AM »
I'm not keen to buy into the dissapearing children rumor.  My monarch successfully conceived in one or two tries with his first three children.  Since then, they've been unsuccessful, after a count of 30 tries.  I believe the cap prevents a fourth child from even being born.

From what I understand, the update changed the number of Sims allowed in a household, so more children are now possible.  But, I kid you not...  the Prima Guide actually says the firstborn child disappears when the third child is born.  ;D

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

< br/>
Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline danefaith

• Top Secret
  • Occult
« Reply #57 on: May 19, 2011, 03:01:59 AM »
Knowing the monarch sometimes, they're probably being taken into protective custody.

Oh, sweet irony, deliver me from coincidence.

Please feel free to utilize any of my builds in any of your stories and so forth.

valinia

« Reply #58 on: May 31, 2011, 02:43:15 AM »
The Prima Guide (pg 54) mentions that you can send your child into the Forest to collect free meat - but beware because they will not survive a random bear attack. Has anyone encountered this? I have clicked on my Monarch's children but there is never an option to do this.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #59 on: May 31, 2011, 04:32:10 AM »
I see that in the Prima Guide, too.  I've played with several children and have never seen the option or opportunity for them to get free meat in the forest.  It could be an error in the Prima Guide, or maybe there's certain circumstances that trigger the option that we just haven't encountered yet.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline vicfje

• NPC
« Reply #60 on: October 09, 2018, 10:36:54 AM »
I got a child that had Dread Pirate as a legendary trait, and i sent him off to Advorton Military Academy. The parent died but only my three last children pops up when i chose child succession? Does anybody know how to get him back so i can make him heir?

Offline Sciffy Circo

• Nooboo
    • Sciffy Circo on Sims Exchange
« Reply #61 on: February 01, 2019, 06:52:39 PM »
I just got my fiance playing Sims Medieval, and nothing on Google shows me this answer.  How do you send children into the forest to hunt?  Is it just random?  I can see the village shop option, and use that constantly.  But I've never seen an option to actually send a child into the forest.

Also, another search said after child #4 in the entire kingdom, the child gets randomly sent to some other territory, and occasionally sends gifts & letters back.  Pretty cool, never seen that either.

I'm still amazed that after all this time, we're both still managing to see things I'd never before seen in the game.
Find me on Facebook, Sciffy's Sims Page

Offline Sindocat

• Fairy Godfather
  • Llama Wrangler
« Reply #62 on: May 18, 2019, 11:21:41 AM »
I don't believe that children can Hunt in the forest. If they could, the interaction would work like sending them to the Village to shop, since Hero Sims do so by clicking on the signpost at the relevant rabbithole entrance.

Now, I have not added Pirates and Nobles content to my game, so it is just possible that the option comes as a part of that expansion, but honestly, I have never seen it mentioned anywhere.
"Who cannot draw upon three thousand years is living from hand to mouth." - Goethe

anything