Author Topic: Sims 4 Parenthood Game Pack  (Read 13315 times)

Offline Bri

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Sims 4 Parenthood Game Pack
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2017, 04:23:33 PM »
There is a new trailer available on Youtube:

The Sims 4 Parenthood: Parenting Official Gameplay Trailer

Offline Ynde

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2017, 09:46:28 AM »
This looks really cool to me. I usually micro-manage my sims, so I may have to intentionally allow a little more autonomy to fully appreciate the changes. I am curious about the brief mention of sibling rivalry--I've noticed that in the current game child sims seem to somewhat randomly either be happy or unhappy about a new baby. If that's the mechanic that's been expanded into either friendship or rivalry, I'd rather have more control over which way it goes.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Sannara

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2017, 10:12:36 PM »
Hmm...I'm currently playing an orphaned teen. Wonder how this will effect her?

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2017, 05:36:59 AM »
Hmm...I'm currently playing an orphaned teen. Wonder how this will effect her?
I think teens/children can develop some of the new values by themselves so it may actually add to the challenge in a really interesting way. Fingers crossed anyway!
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2017, 07:17:11 AM »
OMG! I so want this!!!
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2017, 02:31:42 AM »
First page of Carl's Guide to Parenthood Game Pack is up. More to come on Tuesday.

Guide to Parenthood Game Pack

Online MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2017, 07:56:52 AM »
I watched the livestream on Friday. They showed 2 different households -- one messy and out-of-control, the other well-behaved, for the most part. Both households had the same set of Sims.

Some things I remember from the messy household -- the parents had 3 ways of handling bad behavior -- calm, firm, and strict. So a toddler making a mess could be asked not to, told not to, or yelled at. The teen had a journal, which she kept hidden in her bed. Writing in the journal helped with emotional control (might help with other things, too). But when her younger sister found her journal and snooped in it, that made her mad and they quarreled. The younger sister destroyed the teen's science project. I  can't remember what the punishment was.

Over in the "good" household, they showed the child sister setting the table, the rocket being launched (the best rocket comes back to earth in 2 stages and you can launch it again). You can decide how the child works on a project -- sloppily or well or with assistance.
They showed the family bulletin board. Besides setting curfew, you can also have your Sims post notes and the children can add drawings they've done. At the end, they had the teen break curfew and get scolded about it. She was aged up before they quit so we could see what trait she got.

As for traits, each value has a U shape underneath. At the top of either end, there's a dark area, so if your teen is in the green or red in that area, they get the trait. Otherwise, there's no new trait.

This is definitely going to add a lot to family play. I'm thinking about moving to "long" for my Sims' age length.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2017, 08:23:56 AM »
The younger sibling had the punishment of not being allowed to play with toys for 1 day. The gurus directed her behavior and made her play with a toy, so breaking her ban and interestingly the father further disciplined her autonomously.

I like that as the adult sim improves in the parenting skill that more 'Parenting' interactions are unlocked and the fact that at least a few new teen-to-teen socials have been added. Not sure about the 'brag about woohoo' one tho! A bit too reminiscent of the Bro trait for me!

Not very keen on the new walk style the gurus showed off for the teens when they are having a Mood Phase (I think that was what they were called) but I imagine you can use testingcheats to remove the moodlet and so get rid of the walk style asap if writing in the journal doesn't deplete the countdown quickly enough.

The bulletin board in some ways seems quite like the notice board in apartments in the way that notes can be left and read etc. But I guess expanded to include curfews etc of which there were 3 set times you could choose. 7pm, 9pm or 11pm. The curfews seemed to include the entire family so I don't think you can set separate curfews for different children.

One thing I'm pretty keen on is the packed lunch bag which can be taken to work too. Sims will eat this when they are hungry at school/work and get a happy moodlet. I can see this being a good way to speed up the morning routine (no need to eat breakfast) and also giving the sims a moodlet boost to prolong the correct moodlet for work or school. Could be quite a good strategic bit of game play maybe.

If you missed the Live Stream you can watch the replay on https://www.twitch.tv/thesims

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2017, 04:24:17 PM »
I'm just wondering if anyone knows if school projects, such as the rocket ship and volcano may be completed at a generic lot --- in this case, there's an empty house to which my Sims could travel in my main game.  I just want to be cautious, so that my main family's house doesn't catch on fire :o!

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2017, 06:24:57 PM »
I'm pretty sure they could. They go into sims inventories so probably will have the 'place in world' interaction.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2017, 08:03:18 PM »
That would be great because I really don't want their house to get on fire!

Offline Jase~

• Occult
  • Legacy Player
    • Jase's Sims
« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2017, 07:31:24 AM »
I can't wait until this GP is released...
This is the pack that I've been wishing and hoping that would be added to TS4 (right after toddlers) and after watching the Live Gameplay event, I know it's going to be great! :)

I really like the additional traits based on how we raise our sim kids, curfews, family projects, and the new CAS items to help make teens look more teen-like. Plus, the furniture objects look fantastic! This pack has my favorite kitchen items so far.

You can read it here from the beginning.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2017, 12:19:00 PM »
I have one more short question, does anyone know if we have to use the curfew feature?  My families like to stay out really late (if the kids are done with their homework and the adults completed their "work homework."  Therefore, I hope I don't have to use curfews.

Online MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #28 on: May 29, 2017, 01:08:52 PM »
I have one more short question, does anyone know if we have to use the curfew feature?  My families like to stay out really late (if the kids are done with their homework and the adults completed their "work homework."  Therefore, I hope I don't have to use curfews.

I don't think you do. I've seen the family bulletin board shown without a curfew time on it.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2017, 08:19:40 PM »
LGR's review of the Parenthood Game Pack anyone? lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mLI6Sq4eFc

anything