Author Topic: I Never Win the Lotto Anymore. Why? Any suggestions?  (Read 2948 times)

Offline stereoeggs

• Nooboo
I Never Win the Lotto Anymore. Why? Any suggestions?
« on: May 20, 2017, 03:00:52 AM »
I've been playing The Sims 3 for a long time. I have every expansion pack installed except "Generations" and "Ambitions." I am up to date with all patches installed.

Although I have not played a game in every city/location, I have always been able to buy Lotto tickets and win at least some amount of money once in a while. However, this is now not the case when playing a game in "Bridgeport."

EA recently released a patch for The Sims 3 which allows players to "disable" and play a game without using various (installed) Expansion Packs and Stuff Packs of their choosing.

So...I have played a couple games in "Starlight Shores" with "Pets," "Seasons," and "Supernatural" disabled, and I have been able to win tons of money through buying Lotto tickets.

Now, I am playing a game in "Bridgeport," with "Pets," "Seasons," "Supernatural," and "World Adventures" disabled. Although I have purchased over 50 Lotto tickets, I have not won a single Simoleon. (...While, in the "Starlight Shores" games, I had won well over $100,000 in Lotto winnings after buying way less than 50 tickets.)

So, does anyone know what the problem might be? Could it be this latest Sims 3 patch recently released by EA? Could it be me playing in "Bridgeport" with "World Adventures" disabled? Any insight or help would be greatly appreciated.

PS/ In all of these games, my Sim has the "Lucky" trait. Thanks.

Offline Magz from Oz

• Watcher
Re: I Never Win the Lotto Anymore. Why? Any suggestions?
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2017, 06:41:47 AM »
It's probably Bridgeport.  That town is so glitched, I rarely play there.  Try a new game with your Lucky Sim in another town.  If your Sims doesn't win as before, it's probably Bridgeport.  If your Sim can't win anything, it might be the patch.
Where there is love - there is life. -- Mahatma Gandhi

My Stories:
1. Duty Calls
2. Duty Calls Sequel: Islands of Sunset Valley
3. The Lady of the Lake
4. The Secret Time Traveler

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

anything