Author Topic: Parenthood - First Impressions  (Read 7666 times)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
Re: Parenthood - First Impressions
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2017, 07:56:58 AM »
I love the build/buy content in this pack. The gameplay is enjoyable, but I'm also finding it a bit frustrating. I've not gotten beyond toddlers (I usually play with a long lifespan, and right now I actually have aging turned off), so that may have something to do with it.

It seems very difficult to make much progress on character values with toddlers. After a couple of sessions of "teach to say sorry" didn't move the bar in the slightest, I tried resetting my toddler, but still nothing. Manners and responsibility have both come up a bit, but I cannot get that conflict resolution bar to budge. I'll have to see if things go better once I age the toddlers up to children.

The game is set up so that toddlers take longer to learn the character values than children or teens. It's better to concentrate on the toddler skills than on the character values.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2017, 12:14:31 PM »
Both of my child Sims in the Sullivan household just went through the rebellious stage --- the first stage that I've witnessed.  Since they're well-behaved to begin with, one of them just threw a pile of trash on the ground once. Her sister didn't even seem too rebellious.  It's great that playing an instrument with emotion or writing in your journal helps with emotional control, which seems like it goes down after most chance cards for which emotional control could be affected --- in my experience, so far!

Their toddler cousin already maxed her skills, and when they visit, the girls keep her entertained, and she's very nice to them in return.  She loves to "hug lovingly" :).

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2017, 01:06:43 PM »
I now have a vampire teen. One thing I noticed is when she gets in a "mean" stage she will occasionally feed on a random sim that you can not stop. I was trying to complete the 15 day don't feed without permission aspiration in the good vampire trait. Annoying but it makes sense. With teens facing all kind of new thing happening to there body from hormones to vampire thirst that they will be a little out of control.

Offline Ynde

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2017, 05:36:32 PM »
The game is set up so that toddlers take longer to learn the character values than children or teens. It's better to concentrate on the toddler skills than on the character values.

Now that I've aged one toddler up, the character values are moving much faster. I knew that might be the case, I was just confused as to why the conflict resolution bar wouldn't move at all. It literally stayed in the exact same place.

Does anyone know if a sim's traits make a difference in their response to different forms of discipline? For example, my wild toddler takes relationship hits when asked calmly not to make a mess, but seems to shrug off being yelled at.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2017, 10:43:14 PM »
I now have a vampire teen. One thing I noticed is when she gets in a "mean" stage she will occasionally feed on a random sim that you can not stop. I was trying to complete the 15 day don't feed without permission aspiration in the good vampire trait. Annoying but it makes sense. With teens facing all kind of new thing happening to there body from hormones to vampire thirst that they will be a little out of control.

That just made me day. That really is an awesome feature. I might have to age up my toddler vamps asap!
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2017, 01:59:39 AM »

That just made me day. That really is an awesome feature. I might have to age up my toddler vamps asap!
Yes it was like I was starving her. I tried to cancel the action but to nope, she still drained the sim dry. What is worse she was a "Guilty Drinker". A uncomfortable moodlet for 50 to go with the "mean" anger moodlet. My poor sim wasn't having a good day. Her feeding also dropped her relationship with the poor sim.  Turns out "Guilty Drinker" weakness is now a really bad idea for teen vampires.  Who knew? It made me smile.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2017, 07:13:57 AM »
Some musings on the impact of the Parenthood Game Pack.

I feel that after the introduction of Parenthood, the amount of times my non-controlled sims do autonomous interaction with each other or just for themselves have increased. The same can be said for the controlled sim as well, the sims seems to be more likely to ditch something in their que to go do something else. This might make it hard for someone who likes to micromanage, but it sure is a boon in this challenge.

Sims do more cleaning/putting away dishes and other household tasks as well - and I think that partly has to do with how those interactions now give value to the child skills.

Something that I wish was different, is that once a sim ages to a teen you can no longer teach to say sorry or say please and thank you. Which in turn makes it harder to affect those values once the sim is a teen. I think that doesn't really matter if you are playing a game where you can control all sims, but in this kind of game play it would have been nice to keep it on.

I am really pleased with how easy it is to level the parenting skill, even Lewis has managed to get to level 4 and that is without me prompting him to do any parenting interactions. He also gains skill when the children come to him for advice, which is a great touch on the developers part.

I am so happy I have this game pack! It sure has made this challenge both harder and more fun :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Franki

• Occult
« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2017, 05:30:03 AM »
Recently got Parenthood and I like it for the most part... it's fun, interesting and challenging at times, but the amount of teenage moods that has them stop/starting homework is a little annoying sometimes.. also love but hate at the same time the tense moodlet that eventually turns into angry for spending too much or not enough time with family..

Honestly, buy the pack and get creative with stories, you will find you laugh more at the crazy than you do the annoying bits.
Straud/Masters - Tangled and defying untangling attempts

I Aten't Dead - Granny Weatherwax

Offline Mariah_M

• Nooboo
« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2020, 12:29:24 PM »
seems to be interesting and fun! I will think of getting one. Thanks