Author Topic: Getting the Most out of Parenthood  (Read 23816 times)

Offline scoed

• Watcher
Re: Getting the Most out of Parenthood
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2017, 11:35:05 AM »
 :( I guess it doesn't work to sing karaoke to empathy or it is buggy or something. I was raising when I sung karaoke earlier but now it isn't but now it isn't. I am maxed out on empathy right now so maybe that it why it isn't raising. I don't know. Can anyone else verify if it works or was I just dealing with a random bug or seeing things or something?

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2017, 11:46:26 AM »
If you're maxed out, that might be why it's not raising.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2017, 03:45:59 PM »
I learned something, singing karaoke raises empathy. It isn't in the guide but it works. It is a good way to raise a skill and empathy at the same time. Given Children can lean singing you can start them young learning to be empathetic singers.  8)

Super interesting tip - will definitely be trying it out. My sims always seems to love the karaoke machines anyways, so it will be a good win win.

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2017, 06:38:31 PM »
I can confirm it was a bug. I have observed the game randomly adding character value if you cancel mid activity an activity that raises a character value and already have queued and close by will transfer the gain to the next activity. I got to happen with both the karaoke and playing Sims Go on the computer and with multiple traits. It is a bug and it is very random. Neither Karaoke nor Sims Go raises any character value without the immediate canceling of activity that would normally and at best only does so rarely. I have gotten the bug to repeat but less then a third of the time I tried. I spent most of the day messing with it. Good news it has next to no effect on game play and can be seen as a random bonus. I haven't got it to lower a value just randomly raise one. I am sorry I miss reported my  finding. When I seen empathy going up while singing karaoke I got exited and din't verify the result.

But hey I did Identify a extremely minor bug with little or no game relevance. It doesn't even give you a funny screen shot.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2017, 06:55:24 PM »

I know, I was just wondering if they added the descriptors in preparation for Parenthood. I won't even ask how long it took you to get all those.

Actually, not too long with cheats. I actually stumbled across the different possibilities while looking at something else and just went with it.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Ninane

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2017, 01:59:23 AM »
My sim teen is able to Play with Emotion on the piano to raise Emotional Control without being in a negative mood (per the guide).  Not sure if it's a bug or not.

Offline Ninane

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2017, 05:25:42 AM »
It's a strategy, works on all the musical instruments and also once they have aged up to YA etc too. So any emotion will trigger that, inspired, confident, angry etc

Um, I didn't type this bit.  It appeared in my post later. ???

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2017, 05:30:40 AM »
Oh sorry @Ninane, I was quoting you but I must have hit the wrong button! lol, will edit and fix that up now!

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2017, 05:31:21 AM »
My sim teen is able to Play with Emotion on the piano to raise Emotional Control without being in a negative mood (per the guide).  Not sure if it's a bug or not.

It's a strategy, works on all the musical instruments and also once they have aged up to YA etc too. So any emotion will trigger that, inspired, confident, angry etc