Author Topic: Social Media Star  (Read 14888 times)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Social Media Star
« Reply #45 on: July 09, 2017, 05:47:14 PM »
Great score, @thekatie0409 .. I have missed you in the competitions the last few months. Thanks for participating. :)

Offline lesleyj42

• Townie
« Reply #46 on: July 09, 2017, 05:53:23 PM »
Khloe Allen was level 7 in the social media career with 25,212,016 followers when she became an adult.

25,212 x 1.7 = 42,860

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #47 on: July 10, 2017, 05:44:28 AM »
This event is now closed. Great job, everyone. I really was impressed with the participation in this one -- I think there's something to be said for sheer simplicity and this event was about as short and sweet and simple as you can get. You could knock it out in less than a day and get on with other stuff. :)

Anyways -- I'll let the big guns go into more detail given they kept pushing me down the leaderboard...I was in first place all of...what...a day? Lol. But, here's the big secret...lvl 10 Charisma. What that does is allow you to unlock Upload Viral Video, and oh my gosh...the followers can be 700, 800, 900 thousand - and yes, sometimes you'll get a million followers after uploading a viral video. So, my thing was capping Charisma ASAP to do that. That particular computer activity has a decent cooldown. It's not like you can spam it. I was able to do it twice a day, but maybe GlazeyLady and others kept better track of the exact cooldown and could do it more often.

Thanks for participating, everyone.

Offline thekatie0409

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #48 on: July 10, 2017, 06:11:08 AM »
The upload viral video had an 8 hour cooldown, and I think the most I got was 1.3 million followers at once! At level 6 of the career you could spam broadcast status, which gave me about 50,000 followers per sim hour, so those were the things I did to get followers.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #49 on: July 10, 2017, 06:53:49 AM »
8 hours...ugh....I could have done it 3 times a day. I was thinking only 2. Oh well. It was great seeing you throw your hat in the ring again, thekatie. :)

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
« Reply #50 on: July 10, 2017, 07:45:40 AM »
I have to give a shout-out to @LenaLJ who clued me in on the value of the wishing well regarding promotions when she shared her strategy on the “That’s Quite an Achievement” challenge.  So thank you again Lena and everyone else who shares strategy and helps us all become better players!

My key strategy elements:
  • Day 1: After joining the Social Media career and completing the initial requirements first thing in the game, Natalie bought a Wishing Well, made an offering of $5000, and wished for a promotion, which she got immediately.  Her first co-worker was Penny Pizzazz, so she started Social Media Butterflies, added Penny and got to be Good Friends with her.
  • Club - Kept a club activity going constantly throughout the challenge.  Key Perks - Rally the Troops, Popular Club boost, work performance boost, and skills boosts. Completing the Leader of the Pack aspiration meant faster accumulation of points, getting the perks even more quickly.
  • Charisma - as Metro said, mastering this as soon as possible was important for the ability to Upload Viral Video (700,000 to 1.2 million followers with an 8-hour cooldown), friendship boost, and the ability to ask for loans (which is how she funded the offerings to the Wishing Well). This also helped her make friends quickly of her co-workers, which started with just Penny, but three more were added along the way.  Completing the Friend of the World Aspiration meant these maxed-out friendships never decayed.
  • Work/Promotions - started Monday at level 2 (thanks to the Wishing Well), went to work and got promotions at end of shift Monday(3), Tuesday(4), Wednesday(5).  Off Thursday - gave a $5000 offering and asked Wishing Well for promotion; got “promise” of promotion at end of next shift.  Worked from home Friday and got the bar almost to excellent.  With another $5,000 offering, she wished for a promotion and again got the promise for a promotion at the end of her next shift.  She went to work on Saturday, filled the rest of the performance bar and got the promotion (6).  She worked from home Monday and got to the very beginning of Excellent. On Tuesday she gave another $5000 offering and wished for a promotion and this time she got it (7).  She worked from home Wednesday and got almost to Excellent.  She wished for a promotion on Thursday and was told to wait for the next review period. She went to work on Friday and got the promotion to Level 8. For all her work days, Natalie told jokes to her club members before work to get a 9-hour playful moodlet, used the Tiger Hat as part of her main outfit, and kept a club outing going all day with a playful club vibe so that she’d stay Very Playful for most of the shift and Playful for the rest.
  • Followers - She was able to Upload Viral Videos early thanks to maxing Charisma.   Lot traits and Club boosts helped with all the skills on the home lot, but once she could “Shout Out” at a venue, she and her club started spending most of their time at the library.  She would “Shout Out” or “Announce Appearance” as often as possible (she could do one “Shout Out/Announce Appearance” and 3 “Broadcast Status” actions about every 30 minutes.)  “Announce Appearance” got her 70,000 to 90,000 followers each time, and “Broadcast Status” was 8,000-10,000, so she was getting roughly 200,000 followers every hour, plus the bigger numbers for the actions that had cooldowns - Start Funny Meme, Share/Promote Image, Upload Viral Video, and, at the very end, Prank Streamers.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #51 on: July 10, 2017, 08:45:32 AM »
Great job Glazeylady!  Thanks a lot for sharing your very, very detailed awesome strategy.  Good job everyone at the top, too 8).

Oh wow --- level 10 charisma is the secret.  I'm really good at getting that done --- that's why I've had success with it so many times with non-challenge Sims.  My main non-challenge family can upload viral videos, and that must be because they have level 10 charisma.

However, for this challenge, I focused on comedy, mischief, video gaming and charisma equally.  Joy Behar, my character got to level 5 in all four skills.  It seems obvious now, that charisma is the secret because I just looked at Carl's guide about the social media career, and charisma is the first skill on which Sims in this career must focus!  I had a club going all the time, too!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #52 on: July 10, 2017, 09:33:15 AM »
I had nearly the exact same approach as you @GlazeyLady, and nice to know that my other strategy lead you to a victory here :)
My difference was that i was not really lucky with the numbers, i had more often 600.000 followers for a viral video than i had a million.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #53 on: July 10, 2017, 09:43:08 AM »
I had nearly the exact same approach as you @GlazeyLady, and nice to know that my other strategy lead you to a victory here :)
My difference was that i was not really lucky with the numbers, i had more often 600.000 followers for a viral video than i had a million.

I wonder if the game just throws a random number at you or if your Sim's mood has an impact. I never tested it out, but maybe being Very Playful affects followers. Not sure.

Offline Minnie Mouse

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #54 on: July 10, 2017, 07:25:13 PM »
My strategy was also nearly identical, except I forgot about the wishing well! I barely made it to level 7 on the last day before my sim aged up. But I had so much fun with this challenge! The simplicity was very refreshing.

Regarding follower count - I didn't find any correlation between mood and # of followers gained during practice. It seemed to be random.

Congrats @GlazeyLady on the win! :)

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
« Reply #55 on: July 10, 2017, 07:41:24 PM »
Regarding follower count - I didn't find any correlation between mood and # of followers gained during practice. It seemed to be random.

Thank you!  It's my first Sims 4 win!   :D

I didn't notice a difference regarding mood either, but much of the time I forgot to pay attention to that.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #56 on: July 10, 2017, 09:36:25 PM »

Thank you!  It's my first Sims 4 win!   :D

Oh, my gosh. Shame on me for not pointing that out. I pride myself on doing a little research when an event closes and pulling out tidbits like that. Grats again, GlazeyLady. You're one of the old timers as far as when you entered competitions. This is your very first post from more than 6 years ago in the My Garden of Eatin' Smells Fishy challenge...

I just discovered challenges, and I'm slightly late in the game starting, but I'm glad I only missed one.  This was great fun - and it's a great way to learn more about the game.  Playing with strategy is really different than just playing!  I can't wait to hear how the top scores were reached.  I suspect my reaction will either be "How clever! I should have thought of that." OR "I didn't know you could do that!"  Either way will be fun.

My final tallies:
Simoleans - $1,087,216
Fish - 32
Plants - 28
Recipes 35
Opportunities - 21
Multiplier - 2.16
Final score - $2,348,386

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
« Reply #57 on: July 11, 2017, 11:10:04 AM »

. . . .

Oh, my gosh. Shame on me for not pointing that out. I pride myself on doing a little research when an event closes and pulling out tidbits like that. Grats again, GlazeyLady. You're one of the old timers as far as when you entered competitions. This is your very first post from more than 6 years ago in the My Garden of Eatin' Smells Fishy challenge...

I just discovered challenges, and I'm slightly late in the game starting, but I'm glad I only missed one.  This was great fun - and it's a great way to learn more about the game.  Playing with strategy is really different than just playing!  I can't wait to hear how the top scores were reached.  I suspect my reaction will either be "How clever! I should have thought of that." OR "I didn't know you could do that!"  Either way will be fun.

My final tallies:
Simoleans - $1,087,216
Fish - 32
Plants - 28
Recipes 35
Opportunities - 21
Multiplier - 2.16
Final score - $2,348,386

I remember posting that!  First time I'd ever posted in a forum also.   :)  I remember being so surprised to find a site with so much Sims information and the challenges were really a great find.  2011 was a tough year for me - professionally and personally.  My sons were teenagers (unruly and wild), my husband was traveling a lot, and it was the year I tripped over some broken concrete and sprained one ankle and broke the other, putting me in a wheelchair for 6 weeks.  The company I'd been working for had gone bankrupt, and I was then working in a not-very-lucrative and not-very-satisfying position, although fortunately it was a company that allowed me to work from home while my ankles healed.  Your Sims challenges were my escape from all that, and they were so great because they were so much fun to do, I learned so much, and the people on this forum are some of the nicest people around.  I actually moved from that job to a much more enjoyable job as a contractor in Bloomington, IL (that was in 2013 - you can probably guess the company).  I wish I'd had a chance to meet you and buy you a beer during the year that I was in your neck of the woods!

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #58 on: July 11, 2017, 02:22:30 PM »
Oh, my! You were in Bloomington for a year! :) What a small world. It would have been fun to get together.

Offline Minnie Mouse

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #59 on: July 11, 2017, 03:37:06 PM »
Oh, my! You were in Bloomington for a year! :) What a small world. It would have been fun to get together.
:o Not sure if this is cool or slightly creepy... but I grew up about 15 minutes west of Bloomington-Normal. Moved away after I finished college, but I still go back sometimes to visit friends and family.

Small world, indeed! 

anything