Author Topic: How to stop the date calls  (Read 17653 times)

Offline Janna

• Watcher
Re: How to stop the date calls.
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2013, 08:19:21 PM »
I still have the problem and I doubt that it will ever be fixed unless EA does a patch for that, and I am not going to hold my breath on it.

I have noticed that it isn't as often for my sims, but I think that a large part of it is that I am doing a project and so jumping from one town to another as soon as possible after my heir is married.
That means a new set of sims to start building a relationship with.  By the time there is enough to start to be a bother, my sims are moving again. 

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2013, 10:19:33 AM »
Hi everyone, I've read this topic before concerning the date calls and have tried everything to get rid of them, including uninstalling Seasons. My sims still receive dating calls, and I have 6 sims in my family, so I'm getting calls one after another. I've tried the edit/remove profile. It's getting to where I don't even want to play anymore:( I like some of the things that a Seasons has, just the online dating calls I hate and there has to be some other way to turn them off if we want to. Anyone else still having this problem?? Please help!:(

Some of it came with the patch unfortunately so even uninstalling seasons wont totally get rid of it, in fun games when I really haven't wanted the hassle of it I use a mod by Shimrod over at simsasylum.com which stops the calls and letters. It doesn't stop you from being able to send love letters and I've noticed I still get a reply which is nice, I just don't get hassled by every person who thinks level 3 cooking is hot  ::)

Not sure if it's just me but lately I've noticed people I have never even met are suddenly causing a pop up message and when I click their portrait on it they are right across town, so now some stranger who is miles away has the hots for my sim and yet they've never set eyes on each other, what is that about?  ???

I still feel in theory it could have been a great feature but in practice it is nothing but a pain and if you are playing something like a dynasty by the end it's totally ridiculous, my mail box bugged in the last few weeks of mine and after it was finished I did finally get the letters out of it and there were over 250, no wonder it glitched.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Janna

• Watcher
Re: How to stop the date calls
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2013, 10:52:56 AM »
I don't think I will ever play a dynasty, formal one that is (too many rules  ;D ) but in a couple of personal ones, it can be a royal pain. 

The ones that get me shaking my head are the calls for my elder sim who is close to dying from a teen she meet at her granddaughter party.  He was invited so the granddaughter, who was becoming a teen, could meet him. 

@ Turoskel
I get also the calls for my sims from someone their spouse knows.  They may not have met him/her, but they will get the calls.  That could be connected to the popups.

I agree that in theory it was a good idea, I just wish they had tested it more before they added it to the game. 

Offline Celsy

• Nooboo
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2017, 05:11:52 AM »
Hi everyone, I've read this topic before concerning the date calls and have tried everything to get rid of them, including uninstalling Seasons. My sims still receive dating calls, and I have 6 sims in my family, so I'm getting calls one after another. I've tried the edit/remove profile. It's getting to where I don't even want to play anymore:( I like some of the things that a Seasons has, just the online dating calls I hate and there has to be some other way to turn them off if we want to. Anyone else still having this problem?? Please help!:(

Some of it came with the patch unfortunately so even uninstalling seasons wont totally get rid of it, in fun games when I really haven't wanted the hassle of it I use a mod by Shimrod over at simsasylum.com which stops the calls and letters. It doesn't stop you from being able to send love letters and I've noticed I still get a reply which is nice, I just don't get hassled by every person who thinks level 3 cooking is hot  ::)

Not sure if it's just me but lately I've noticed people I have never even met are suddenly causing a pop up message and when I click their portrait on it they are right across town, so now some stranger who is miles away has the hots for my sim and yet they've never set eyes on each other, what is that about?  ???

I still feel in theory it could have been a great feature but in practice it is nothing but a pain and if you are playing something like a dynasty by the end it's totally ridiculous, my mail box bugged in the last few weeks of mine and after it was finished I did finally get the letters out of it and there were over 250, no wonder it glitched.

Hi realize this has been a thread long dead but I'm having trouble finding the mod by Shimrod you spoke of, I can't seem to find his Sims 3 mods, only Sims 4? Thanks!!