Author Topic: Undeletable Hotdogs  (Read 3731 times)

Offline Wowza

• Nooboo
Undeletable Hotdogs
« on: August 21, 2017, 12:38:31 PM »
Hey! I have a problem: While in Granite Falls my sims decided to make hot dogs and tofu dogs which were placed in my family inventory when leaving. I made the mistake of placing them on my outside floor, thinking my sim could clean them up but multiple attempts were unsuccessful. I also cannot drag them into the bin nor the sink. I then decided to delete them in build mode with moveObjectsOn (as they weren't movable without cheats) but did not succeed. I couldn't even pick them up to put them back in the inventory. I discovered that by bulldozing the lot I can delete them (I didn't save it though) but I would prefer if there was another way as I put a lot of love and time into my lot. I also considered just leaving them but they are stinky now and I don't want to make my sims go through that every time they're in the garden, especially since I have a neat sim in the household. I also tried putting a wall through them to force them into the inventory but the wall behaved as if the dogs weren't there.
Does anybody have some advice for me?

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Undeletable Hotdogs
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2017, 01:48:06 PM »
Have you tried uploading your lot to "My Library" in the Gallery?
Once you saved your lot there, you could bulldoze your current lot then download your lot from your library.

What I'm not sure of, though, is whether your stinky hotdogs will save with your lot, even though they are actually off the lot.
Maybe you could make a copy of your current save to find out if a Gallery save would include the hot dogs?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Wowza

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2017, 10:30:59 AM »
Hey! Thanks for your reply, sorry for taking so long to answer. I tried your suggestion and it worked! It was pretty expensive because I had to sell at a lower price than buy but totally worth it!

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2017, 12:36:43 PM »
This is hilarious - bulldozing a lot because of a plate of hotdogs. Welcome to the bug collection also known as The Sims 4 ;D
A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
Time enjoyed is never time wasted

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2017, 06:35:34 PM »
Wowza, the glitch was caused by the game itself and not by your gameplay.
You are fully justified in using a money cheat to get you back to where you were financially before replaced your lot due to those stinky hotdogs.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2017, 10:59:09 PM »
This is hilarious - bulldozing a lot because of a plate of hotdogs. Welcome to the bug collection also known as The Sims 4 ;D

*giggle* It's such a pain when this stuff happens but there is a funny side to it I guess!
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Wowza

• Nooboo
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2017, 07:55:00 AM »
oshizu,
I did consider using the money cheat to get it back but I played the whole game without (except for resetsim once or twice to save my sims from bugs) and I'd like to keep that streak going. Plus, my family is pretty loaded anyway because I got so many of them to the tops of various careers and make a lot through paintings and royalties, not to mention my flourishing bakery, so it's not like I can't afford it. And in real life there could easily be some kind of event that costs that much money so story-wise I'll just work it in somehow.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2017, 10:29:09 AM »
Yowza, Wowza, you're just amazing! It's really great that you are simming with such integrity.
Sounds like your family is doing really well!

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2017, 12:04:31 PM »
Yowza, Wowza, you're just amazing! It's really great that you are simming with such integrity.
Sounds like your family is doing really well!
He is talking about restoring the only money lost do to the hot dog glitch, not instant max money or anything. Using cheats to repair a bug or a glitch is not showing a lack of integrity. Sadly it is often very necessary given the countless bug and glitches possible in this game. There has been times I have sworn that figuring out how to work around the countless bugs and errors was the point of it. After all there seems to be enough of them.

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2017, 02:51:03 PM »
I know what Yowza meant, scoed.
If I were playing a game that was a rule-restricted challenge, though, I would use the "Money" cheat just to get back to where I was before fixing the bug, but only if my household wasn't very affluent.
So, yes, I agree with you 100%, both about the need for workarounds to get beyond bugs and glitches and about how much time we spend seeking viable workarounds. *sighs