Author Topic: Rules: The Sharebear Legacy  (Read 13979 times)

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
Re: Rules: The Sharebear Legacy (Seasons Updates)
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2018, 06:28:32 PM »
@MystiKitty If you want to play with the in-game motive cheat, just get the Legacy club up early. Rally the Troops will limit the needs drops and getting the Happy vibe to the highest setting will ensure that everything but death won't hit your sims' moods.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2019, 04:26:03 PM »
I will check Pinstar's ruleset to see if any changes were made when Strangeville was released. If he made any, I will update here. I do know that Hillie's scoresheet has been updated.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2019, 12:12:27 PM »
*UPDATE TO PINSTARS SCORES

Afternoon everyone Just wanted to pop in and let you guys know that Pinstar has updated his scoring for the Legacy. They have done a Huge overhaul to the scoring. Please take a few minutes to read over the changes. Hillie has updated her spreadsheet for this overhaul. You can check out the latest update and see what changes she made.

With her update, you can actually still toggle to the Old or new scoring on certain sections I.E, Love, Knowledge, Athletic, Popularity, and Deviance. It's up to you.

I noticed that with the new overhaul if you use the new scoring you don't have to have 1000 medal points, the cap is now 81.

Check it out and see what you think.

Shannon

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2019, 03:38:12 PM »
One of the scoring changes is in the Love section.  The previous rules said you got 1 point for each unique trait the Primary Spouse brought in, and with 9 Primary Spouses, that would be 9 points if all traits were unique.  The 10th point was achieved by having one sim complete both the Serial Romantic aspiration and the Soulmate aspiration.

The new rule says: For every 3 unique traits that the Primary spouse brings into the family you gain 1 point for a total of 10 points by the end of the challenge.
On the Home Page, where there's a blog-like entry about the rules overhaul, it says,
Love: The 10th point is no longer earned by completing both love aspirations in one lifetime. You will earn the 10th point by earning a set number of unique traits.

I don't see anything that explains how we get 10 points (30 unique traits) from 9 Primary Spouses now. 

Does anyone know how this works?

The only thing I could think of was if we were supposed to count the trait that the sim gets based on the first aspiration.  I actually like this solution, but Hillee's spreadsheet doesn't support it, so I don't think that's really the answer.

I asked this question on the Legacy site, but there haven't been any answers posted to questions on that page for a few months, so I don't know if there will be an answer. 

Anyone see something I missed or have any ideas about this?

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2019, 04:11:45 PM »
One of the scoring changes is in the Love section.  The previous rules said you got 1 point for each unique trait the Primary Spouse brought in, and with 9 Primary Spouses, that would be 9 points if all traits were unique.  The 10th point was achieved by having one sim complete both the Serial Romantic aspiration and the Soulmate aspiration.

The new rule says: For every 3 unique traits that the Primary spouse brings into the family you gain 1 point for a total of 10 points by the end of the challenge.
On the Home Page, where there's a blog-like entry about the rules overhaul, it says,
Love: The 10th point is no longer earned by completing both love aspirations in one lifetime. You will earn the 10th point by earning a set number of unique traits.

I don't see anything that explains how we get 10 points (30 unique traits) from 9 Primary Spouses now. 

The only thing I could think of was if we were supposed to count the trait that the sim gets based on the first aspiration.  I actually like this solution, but Hillee's spreadsheet doesn't support it, so I don't think that's really the answer.

I asked this question on the Legacy site, but there haven't been any answers posted to questions on that page for a few months, so I don't know if there will be an answer. 

As for Hillie's spreadsheet, you can toggle between the Old or new rule set. If you want to use the old one. On the "Rules" page, just choose to use the "old" set, and the Two Love Aspirations will still be there. I am using the Old Love points because I have the two aspirations already completed.

As for the new one, You can still get the 10 possible points. Even with the one from the aspiration, you have the option to change all their traits. I know this probably doesn't answer your question, but hopefully Mystic will answer back soon and clarify more clearly. 

I hope I am making sense, it sounded good in my head.  :o :o ;D ;D

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2019, 04:55:26 PM »

As for Hillie's spreadsheet, you can toggle between the Old or new rule set. If you want to use the old one. On the "Rules" page, just choose to use the "old" set, and the Two Love Aspirations will still be there. I am using the Old Love points because I have the two aspirations already completed.

As for the new one, You can still get the 10 possible points. Even with the one from the aspiration, you have the option to change all their traits. I know this probably doesn't answer your question, but hopefully Mystic will answer back soon and clarify more clearly. 

Thanks, Shannon.  I am still using the old set at this point as well.  But even if you change the traits and have 100% uniqueness, the legacy ends when the 10th generation is born, so that generation never brings in a Primary Spouse.  You will end with 9 Primary Spouses x 3 unique traits each = 27 traits, or 9 points.  How do you get 3 more unique traits for the last point when there is no 10th gen Primary Spouse? (Regarding the aspiration trait - I'm really making that up as an idea - the rules don't say anything about it.)

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2019, 04:58:32 PM »

Thanks, Shannon.  I am still using the old set at this point as well.  But even if you change the traits and have 100% uniqueness, the legacy ends when the 10th generation is born, so that generation never brings in a Primary Spouse.  You will end with 9 Primary Spouses x 3 unique traits each = 27 traits, or 9 points.  How do you get 3 more unique traits for the last point when there is no 10th gen Primary Spouse? (Regarding the aspiration trait - I'm really making that up as an idea - the rules don't say anything about it.)

wow, i did not think about that. BUT, with the Bonus points if your lacking in the Love, you can still the possible 100 points. At least that is a bonus.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2019, 06:20:07 PM »
@GlazeyLady  Plus I just did a test on the spreadsheet for Primary Spouses to include Generation 10 and ten does not even show up on the "love" part at all, so getting 10 is not possible. You can count toddler traits for townies.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2019, 03:36:44 PM »
@GlazeyLady I was on Twitter and posted to Mystic's page and she responded that she saw that and forgot to mention it to Pinstar. So she tagged him and told him they needed to fix it.  ;D ;D ;D

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2019, 10:50:14 PM »
The Love section was updated today - the birth of the 10th generation heir is what earns the 10th point.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2019, 06:13:03 AM »
The Love section was updated today - the birth of the 10th generation heir is what earns the 10th point.

Thank you

Offline MystiKitty

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2019, 12:07:04 PM »
I came up with a similar legacy variant, only using characters from video games(or the best representations of them as I could without CC) from popular video game franchises(Disgaea, Dragon Quest, Final Fantasy and the Persona series). This is quite an interesting way to play the Sims 4.  ;D

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
Re: Rules: The Sharebear Legacy
« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2020, 11:29:11 AM »
Just an FYI for those of us that are still doing our Sharebears. Hilliee has updated her spreadsheet as of March 23, 2020. YAY