Author Topic: Playing on Long  (Read 3792 times)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
Playing on Long
« on: January 18, 2021, 02:08:15 PM »
With all of the content we've received, it seems like players have to choose between doing a dynasty and playing in a way that allows them to use some of the packs they've accumulated. Have no fear -- your Challenge Team has come up with a way to do both -- the Playing on Long option for the dynasty challenges.

You will need Discover University, Eco Living, Snowy Escapes, Seasons or Get Famous, and Parenthood for this.

The rules below are in addition to the ones for each dynasty challenge. The only rule change is that instead of waiting for the natural age-up date, players may age up babies, toddlers, children and teens when the requirements below and the requirements for the dynasty are met.

Before trying for baby, the founder and heirs should get married at a wedding party (need not be gold) and go on a 3-day honeymoon.

Babies may be aged up when they are good friends with all adult members in the household.
As toddlers, heirs should become topnotch toddlers.
As children, heirs should max all skills and win 5 games of voidcritters, chess, or don't wake the llama.
As teens, heirs should become A students, reach the top of Scouts or Drama Club, reach level 3 of a part-time job, and take a 3-day vacation on their own. (Teens are allowed to take vacation days for this -- the 3-day vacation is considered to be summer camp, class trip, or term abroad.) They need to win 5 times at bowling, foosball, darts, horseshoes, pingpong, or basketball. Finally, they should be ready to have 3 character traits when they age up (need not be positive unless in the 7 Heroes Challenge).

As a whole, the household should endure 2 full weeks of each NAP Players Choice (Green Initiatives and Modern Development excluded unless your household is in Evergreen Harbor).

The household should obtain a degree in each subject.

The household should max all skills available to it.

The household should achieve each of the 16 lifestyles. Players Choice

Note: We have not play-tested this with any of the 7 challenges available. We would not recommend playing on long for the SimTech Dynasty Challenge. As we develop guidelines for specific challenges, we'll post them here. At the moment, there is no spreadsheet available.

Updates for the Play on Long

April 4, 2022 - IDC Rules Update For Play On Long
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
Re: Playing on Long
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2021, 09:52:00 PM »
@MarianT What about aging up non-household members? Like a best friend or potential spouse?  Or a best friend that you want to become a spouse?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2021, 06:50:36 AM »
I'm playing with aging on long for everyone, including the townies. And the first generation in my rotation game are all still children, so I'm not sure how old they're going to be with relation to the townies when they're finally ready to marry. I think the pre-made teens will be YAs by then, but I don't know. The pre-made children definitely won't be old enough.

I think if you want your heir to marry a best friend from childhood, you'll have to move the child in and age them up as they meet the requirements.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2021, 02:02:03 PM »
Updates, if needed will be coming, please be patient and give us time to play test the new content and make our decisions.

Thank you

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2022, 03:43:06 PM »
Play On Long for the IDC (Immortal Dynasty Challenge)

As a whole, the household should endure 2 full weeks of each NAP (Green Initiatives and Modern Development excluded unless your household is in Evergreen Harbor).
The household should achieve each of the 16 lifestyles

This ruling on NAPs and Lifestyles will now be OPTIONAL for the IDC only unless stated otherwise.

Offline christinal3106

• Occult
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2022, 07:05:03 PM »
For the Immortal Dynasty, how to you handle aging up young adults and adults? Can they be aged up to elder when all their requirements are met and have the ability to make ambrosia?  Also, how about the spouses?  Thanks for your time.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2022, 12:41:27 PM »
For the Immortal Dynasty, how do you handle aging up young adults and adults? Can they be aged up to elder when all their requirements are met and have the ability to make ambrosia?  Also, how about the spouses?  Thanks for your time.

The only age-ups with Playing on Long are for the babies - teens. After that, all sims have to wait until their natural birthdays to age up.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2022, 12:31:07 PM »
Good afternoon pack,

As with all new packs/EPS, please give us time to purchase and test the pack for use in the Dynasties.

Thanks your local Alphas.

anything