Author Topic: Sink Your Teeth into the New Year  (Read 30548 times)

Offline Snoochenpurner

• Nooboo
Re: Sink Your Teeth into the New Year
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2017, 12:49:58 AM »
I'm unsure how to choose the Private Dwelling lot trait and the debug cheat.  Please help

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2017, 01:23:05 AM »
Hi @Snoochenpurner,

Welcome to the forum :)!

Private dwelling lot trait:
In the upper left corner of build mode, there's an icon shaped like a house.  When you scroll over that icon, it will say "lot info panel."  You can find all the lot traits in that panel, as well as the number of bedrooms and bathrooms and the name of the lot.  Private dwelling is on the list of lot traits.

DEBUG:

Open the cheat console (cheat box) by pressing the buttons Control Alt c at the same time.
type: testingcheats on
Then, type the cheat: bb.showhiddenobjects
In the lower left corner, type the word "debug" into the search box in build mode.

To search for the satellite to prevent abductions, 
go to object by function --- under the search box (click on the picture of the bigger chair)
select electronics from the drop down menu

Press the escape key to close the cheat console.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Snoochenpurner

• Nooboo
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2017, 11:45:13 AM »
Thanks Coolsim9999999,

One more question. I know you can change the lifespan of a sim. Where is the lifespan meant to be for challenges?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2017, 11:49:24 AM »
Thanks Coolsim9999999,

One more question. I know you can change the lifespan of a sim. Where is the lifespan meant to be for challenges?

@Snoochenpurner  - welcome to the forum. It's great to see new players ready to tackle the new season in a couple weeks.

To answer your question, make sure you are very familiar with the General Rules that apply to all season events --

http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=29332.0

And here is your relevant section:

Creating Your Scoring Game File
All challenges begin in a fresh, virgin, completely unaltered town of your choosing. Unless a particular ruleset lays down restrictions, you are free to travel and/or move to any neighborhood or town. Options - all default settings: Autonomy > Full; Auto Age (Played Sims) > Yes; Auto Age (Unplayed Sims) > Yes; Sim Lifespan > Short.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2017, 12:10:54 PM »
You're welcome @Snoochenpurner.  I typed this response before I saw your response, Metro. 

Short lifespan is what we use for challenges --- in a brand new game file with a brand new Sim (or Sims, depending on the challenge.)

At the top of each challenge, there is a link to the general rules, as well as the rules for each specific challenge. 

To get to the game options menu:
Start a new game
In Create-A-Sim (CAS for short)
Go to the "three dots" in the upper right corner (options menu), and select game options from the menu, which will come up.
Then, in the list at the left side of the game options screen, select "gameplay."
When you get to gameplay, full autonomy, auto age played Sims (select "yes" from the drop-down menu) and auto age unplayed Sims needs to be checked off and select short lifespan from the drop-down menu,

Offline Snoochenpurner

• Nooboo
« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2017, 12:50:12 PM »
 I see it now the private dwelling is a trait that is chosen for the lot. The other lot traits must be picked by us right. Again sorry for the little questions.
Oh and I have played the sims 3 a couple of years ago and even did a couple of challenges. This is a new name because I couldn't remember my old user name.

Thanks

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2017, 12:58:18 PM »
I feel so silly asking these little questions but I want to do this right. I seen the Lot Detail but when do I change it? Before or after I move the sim onto the lot. Same with the cheat, Do I open it after the lot is choosen? Again sorry for the little questions. Oh and I have played the sims3 a couple of years ago and even did a couple of challenges. This is a new name because I couldn't remember my old user name.

Thanks
It’s good to ask questions. 
You may move your Sim onto your chosen lot when you’re done with CAS, and then immediately choose the private dwelling trait, and use the cheat to get to debug for the satellite.  The specific rules for each challenge will tell you if any other cheats are allowed --- usually, they aren’t.

Edit: Yes, you may choose the other 2 lot traits, unless the rules for that challenge say you may not.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Snoochenpurner

• Nooboo
« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2017, 11:32:42 AM »
I have a question I am unsure about posting. Can someone message me? I can't figure out how to message personally.

Thanks

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2017, 11:42:19 AM »
I have a question I am unsure about posting. Can someone message me? I can't figure out how to message personally.

Thanks

Go to My Messages at the top of the page > choose Send a Message > click Show Membergroups and check the Challenge Board Moderators box > then just add a subject line, type your message, and click Send Message.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2017, 03:03:51 PM »
Some people have been asking what is meant by 13 different Sims. The 13 Sims that your vampire turns can also be the 13 Sims that your vampire spars with and/or cures. You can't turn and cure the same Sim 13 times. But your Sim doesn't have to interact with 39 different Sims.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2017, 03:33:39 PM »
Thanks for the clarification, Marian.

Offline Snoochenpurner

• Nooboo
« Reply #26 on: December 25, 2017, 05:26:17 PM »
Woot! A great screenshot courtesy of Lena to set the tone. Nice job!

Lena I love your speadsheets! However, I feel the need to name the vampires I've created, sparred and cured.  So I don't miss one or redo the same sim by mistake.  I'm not sure how to make my own speadsheet so I've been using paper, lol.

Offline Alexandra88

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #27 on: December 26, 2017, 10:25:31 AM »
Yay! Can't wait! I just created my first vampire yesterday, just enough time to practice a bit before Jan.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #28 on: December 29, 2017, 10:49:10 AM »
Just a few days left for practicing before this event goes live. Take a final look at the rules as well as the General Rules to make sure you're clear. Good luck, everyone. :) And Happy New Year.

Offline shashniae

• Nooboo
« Reply #29 on: January 01, 2018, 11:34:55 AM »
I am starting this event today. I so excited.