Author Topic: Un-Bear-able Sadness  (Read 18363 times)

Offline Spiderkeys

• Llama Wrangler
Un-Bear-able Sadness
« on: February 03, 2018, 09:59:24 AM »
How long does it take until this go away, it gives me no indication of how long left, and my child had this sadness as long as I can't remember, I tried pep-talks in the mirror, Ask for Advice, yet nothing works.

His education has suffered, he has almost no friends, because all he ever wants to do in life is cry in bed, now it's becoming quite annoying.

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
Re: Un-Bear-able Sadness
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2018, 10:03:01 AM »
I believe it lasts an in-game week or so. I'm no fan of phases either. Wish we could send the kids off to boarding school or something when this happens.
A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
Time enjoyed is never time wasted

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Spiderkeys

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2018, 11:30:01 AM »

Hopefully, i'm been considering deleting the corrupt kid, and trying for another, as no other kid has this problem.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2018, 03:01:27 PM »
These childhood phases should only last 3 in-game days but a lot of them seem to get 'stuck'. The teen Loud Phase is bad for this. I had one sim that had this endlessly (I play with aging off mostly).

Just remove it with cheats although knowing the exact cheat is tricky as this is one of those 'hidden' phases. I'm not sure which cheat would work so I'll have to get back to you on this.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Spiderkeys

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2018, 09:47:29 PM »
I also reframed from cheating, but I end up just having to do it.

I got rid of the moodlet from the Debug Sim Menu, but it quickly came back, so must be a hidden trait somewhere instead

Got a similar sad child elsewhere also, but instead has the Where is Everyone? Sad moodlet, not as bad as the Unbearable Sadness, but having the house nicely decorated and clean can wash it out to the less priority moodlet.

Offline wa-wa-world

• Vaguely Confused
  • Occult
  • Hi I'm Anna its nice to meet you
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2018, 12:10:14 PM »
I think the where is everyone moodlet is from the clingy phase of the parents aren't around
Gallery Id: Soda_Stealer

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2018, 04:17:17 PM »
Sometimes it helps to replace the phase with another one and even though the original one appears to stay, same idle animations and so on, removing it with cheats seems to reset it and is should disappear within 3 sims days for real this time.

So, for example, I used cheats to remove the Loud Phase, sims still turned on all stereos to LOUD and did that angry kind of animation but I had replaced it with Picky Eater. After 3 sims days all phases disappeared completely.

So removing the cheat seems to reset it rather than remove it instantly is, I guess, what I am trying to say. I have no idea why it works this way with the phases that get stuck. *shrug*

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2018, 04:44:48 PM »
I wonder if the devs didn't enjoy their teen years. Would it have killed them to throw in one or two positive teen phases? LOL!

Just kidding. I love this game, obviously, and can't imagine all the work and decision-making that goes into it. *backpedals ftw

Offline christinal3106

• Occult
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2018, 05:03:53 PM »
You can speed up these phases.  Have the parents talk to them about their phase and dress up in the bear costume with them.  I had one kid go through this phase, did those things, and it seemed to just end very quickly. 

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2018, 07:05:59 AM »
You can speed up these phases.  Have the parents talk to them about their phase and dress up in the bear costume with them.  I had one kid go through this phase, did those things, and it seemed to just end very quickly. 

Absolutely this work normally, but for the 'stuck' phases nothing works at all!  This is the problem with this bug as it's almost impossible to recreate, your sim either gets stuck in a phase or not. The only one with any certainty you can count on getting is the 'stuck' Teen Loud Phase. So annoying.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2018, 07:06:35 AM »
I wonder if the devs didn't enjoy their teen years. Would it have killed them to throw in one or two positive teen phases? LOL!

Just kidding. I love this game, obviously, and can't imagine all the work and decision-making that goes into it. *backpedals ftw
*snort*