Author Topic: Clubs Might Be Causing Lag  (Read 2212 times)

Offline rika1431

• Townie
Clubs Might Be Causing Lag
« on: April 06, 2018, 07:25:25 PM »
Hey y'all, just wanted to share this potential tidbit of information. I'd been having a lot of problems with lag in my game recently--sims would 'freeze' in the middle of actions while time ticked on, requiring me to pause for sometimes five minutes until they 'unfroze'. There was no common thread that I could find--it wasn't tied to some sim in the household changing emotions or doing a particular activity, it just happened all the time.

At the time, I thought it was because I was playing with an i5 processor and 8gb of ram. I recently got a new computer with much better specs, but the issue persisted. I lowered my graphics settings, removed all custom content, repaired my game, and reset my sims 4 folder, then only loaded the one game's save file, testing between each attempted fix, and nothing helped.

On a whim, I ended my club gathering, and I haven't lagged since. Now, I usually play with a family club, even if I don't have skill perks, just for the rally the troops perk. I love it, especially since the book of life doesn't work anymore. I didn't notice this lagging issue until about halfway through gen 2 of my immortal dynasty, and I'd basically been in a continuous club gathering since the beginning, and had accumulated a great deal of club points by then.

I have to assume the issue was related to the club gathering, since it stopped right after I ended my gathering. I think it's possible that having an 'old' club, or a club with a lot of points, may lag the game. I just thought I'd let anyone else who plays with family clubs know about that, since I didn't see this as a potential lag cause in any tip threads, in case you're having a lagging problem that won't go away, try ending the gathering for a sim day or two and see if anything changes.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Clubs Might Be Causing Lag
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2018, 09:05:03 PM »
Hi @rika1431  there was a thread about excess club points causing lag on the bug thread ages ago. I can't find it after a quick look but will look again when I have more time and link anything here.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline rika1431

• Townie
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2018, 12:11:20 PM »
@Playalot Well, don't I feel foolish for not digging deep enough! Oops. I'll try and look for that, I wonder if anyone figured out a way around it...

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2018, 07:00:44 PM »
@rika1431   I still can't find the post I am thinking of. But lag like that often happens when the game reaches any total or limit. For example if you have a household that have reached the limit of simoleons, you'll notice lag happens each time someone gets paid... I guess the game just isn't robust enough to cope with generational games in many ways.

I guess one work around would be to create a new family club and play it until the Rally the Troops interaction unlocks meanwhile switching to the original one to access that interaction. Once the new club has Rally the Troops you could disband the original one and rid yourself of the issue of having too many points and nothing left to spend them on. Not ideal but if you kept doing that periodically then the issue of too many points/lag might not occur.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.