Author Topic: BallerinaHippo's Sharebear Legacy: My Generation (Nov 3)  (Read 12833 times)

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
Re: BallerinaHippo's Sharebear Legacy: The Shoe Bandit: Parts I & II (Aug 16/17)
« Reply #275 on: September 12, 2019, 12:19:20 PM »
I partially read through your story last week but got caught up today.
Wow, I didn't even recognize Maja at first in her 1920s apparel!
How great that the Gen5 redhead also rolled the Loves the Outdoors trait. Hazel is simply gorgeous.

I lol'ed that you moved out Maja and Darwin, but kept Darwin's daughter! Speaking of which, how are you enjoying the Parenthood pack?
Hard-boiled Ross is the best! Can't wait to watch Holly, Ivy, and Luz grow.

P.S. Didn't one of the spares have a child with Father Winter? Did the child get the Father's Winter Child trait?
Is that trait worth doing the old chubby dude for?
I really can't believe that I'm on Gen 5 and still have a redheaded heir.  We'll see what happens with Gen 6.

I like the Parenthood pack a lot better than I thought I would.  I was afraid it would make things harder, trying to get character values and everything, but I think it actually makes some things easier.  I used the "influence" and "encourage" commands frequently. 

I did get a Father Winter's baby- it was Clara, daughter of Hess.  Hess was one of the adopted kids from Gen 3.  Clara eventually married Magnus (brother of Maja).  I don't know if the trait is really worth it for a spare.  Clara did have an easier time getting aspiration points from whims so she bought potions for other family members, but it wasn't really a game-changer.

I love the black and white story part. So with the times. I hate it that the splash and screenshots aren't working now.
Thanks!  I didn't know the screenshots weren't working.  Did they fix it?  I don't really use the in-game camera.  I tend to rely on print screen or the snipping tool.  Basically, I am probably doing things the hard way.   ;D

You are so creative! You have a real talent for pastiche. I love Ross and I loved everything about this little interlude. :)

I haven't been commenting much, but this legacy is, as they say, the absolute bee's knees!
Thank you!  I wasn't quite sure how to work Ross's career into the main story so he ended up with his own chapters.   ;)

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
Re: BallerinaHippo's Sharebear Legacy: A House Full of Love (Sept 12)
« Reply #276 on: September 12, 2019, 12:53:35 PM »
Where we last left off, the adorable Gen 6 heir candidates (Holly and Ivy) just had their child birthdays.  Luz took over a club.  Hazel maxed her career while Ross, Basil, and Kale were each only one or two promotions away from reaching the top of their careers. 

A House Full of Love

Hazel:  Now that the girls are old enough for school, we can finally finish that Soulmate aspiration of yours.
64.1 Soulmates.jpg

Ross:  Whatís a nice lady like you doing in a place like this?
Hazel:  Iím looking at you, handsome.
64.2 date 1.jpg

Hazel:  Donít make any sudden moves. There is an actual bat flying over our heads.
Ross:  I wonít let it bite you.
Hazel:  I know you wonít, but all the same, letís go somewhere else for our next date.  Okay?
64.3 Date bat.jpg

Hazel:  Now this is much more civilized.
64.4 Date 2.jpg

Hazel:  Or maybe not.  Did that woman just take your food right off our table?
64.5 Stolen food.jpg

Hazel:  What did you say to make her give back your plate?
Ross:  Flashed the badge.  Threatened jail time.
Hazel:  At these prices, Iíd say thatís justified.
64.6 Food saved.jpg

The next day is Love DayÖ

Ivy:  Mom, do I have to give someone a flower on Love Day?  All the boys in my class are icky.
Hazel:  You never have to participate in a holiday tradition, sweetheart.  But if you want to give someone a flower, it can be anyone you choose, like a friend or a family member.
Ivy:  Thanks Mom!  I know just who to pick!
64.7 Ivy Hazel.jpg

Ivy:  Grandpa Behr, may I give you this rose?
Darwin:  Oh my goodness!  You just made this old manís day.
64.8 Ivy Darwin.jpg

Holly:  Grandma Behr, I picked a flower for you.
Maja:  Arenít you the sweetest!
64.9 Holly Maja.jpg

Luz:  What do you think of all this Love Day nonsense, Uncle Kale?
Kale:  As a loner, I ignore the whole thing.
Luz: Yeah, as an evil sim, I ignore it, too.  But everyone else is all worked up about it.
64.10 Luz Kale.jpg

Ross:  For the classiest dame I knowÖ
Hazel:  Thank you!  Itís beautiful!
64.11 Ross Hazel.jpg

Hazel:  I have something for you, too.
64.12 Hazel Ross.jpg

Luz:  I donít really like the idea of giving flowers, Dad, but will you be my best friend?
Basil:  Of course!
Luz: (thinking) Take that, Miss Sadie.
64.13 BFF.jpg

Hazel:  This is good timing. As long as this date gets a gold medal, youíll complete soulmates on Love Day.
Ross:  Back where it all started.
Hazel:  Thatís right!  Only now we donít have to let Basil and Sadie tag along.
64.14 date 3.jpg

Ross:  You still got it, Kitten.
Hazel:  Thanks!  And thatís all I needed to max the bowling skill.  I canít believe I was just one frame away from finishing it.
64.15 Hazel bowls.jpg

Hazel:  Why is that woman making eyes at you?
Ross:  It ainít me, Kitten.  Sheís lookiní at you.
Hazel:  This is awkward.  Letís go find a table for two.
64.16 woman flirts.jpg

Hazel:  Much better.
64.17 Hazel Ross bowling date.jpg

Caleb: *sitting down at the next table*  Hey Captain!  You got the night off, huh?  I just finished eight hours on patrol.  Man, my feet are beat.  Haha!  Feet beat.  Beat feet.  Get it?
Ross and Hazel: *completely ignore Caleb*
64.18 Caleb in back.jpg

Luz:  I changed my mind, Dad.  Hereís a flower.
Basil:  Thank you!  This means a lot.
64.19 Luz Basil.jpg

The next dayÖ

Hazel:  Congratulations Basil!  I heard you got promoted!
Basil:  Thanks sis.  Iím doing a special performance at the Blue Velvet this afternoon.  Will you come?
64.20 Basil promo.jpg

Hazel:  Weíll bring the whole family!
64.21 Basil comedy.jpg

LaterÖ

Basil:  Thanks for coming over, Sadie.  Thereís something important I have to ask you.
Sadie:  Really?  When you didnít call me on Love Day, I thoughtÖ
Basil:  You thought what?
Sadie:  Oh, nothing.  I didnít mean to interrupt.  Ask the question.  Please.
Basil:  Sadie, will you marry me?
64.22 Basil propose.jpg

Sadie:  Yes!  Finally.  Yes! 
Basil:  Iím sorry about Love Day.  Hazel asked me to watch the kids, and then I had to work.
Sadie:  Itís okay.  Iím already over it.
64.23 Sadie yes.jpg

Luz:  Auntie Hazel, you gotta help me.  This is serious!
Hazel:  Whatís gotten into you, Luzie?
Luz:  Itís Dad.  Heís gone completely bonkers and asked that woman to marry him!  I donít want to leave.  Please donít make me live with them!
64.24 Luz begs.jpg

Hazel:  Itís okay, honey.  Iíve already talked to your dad, and he agrees that this is the best place for you.  He wonít get married until after your teen birthday, and even then, you can stay here.  No one is going to make you move out.
Luz:  Thank the watcher!  Youíre the best Aunt Hazel.
64.25 Hazel Luz.jpg

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: BallerinaHippo's Sharebear Legacy: The Shoe Bandit: Parts I & II (Aug 16/17)
« Reply #277 on: September 12, 2019, 01:03:18 PM »
Hazel's date with Ross was hilarious. Ross seems to really attract all types of female attention, haha!
Luz and Kale's conversation about Love Day also made me laugh.
Poor Luz! Struggling to hold her own against Sadie the Intruder! I'm glad she's staying with Auntie Hazel, though.

I can't let Erwin read this chapter or he will see Luz and weep....

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Re: BallerinaHippo's Sharebear Legacy: A House Full of Love (Sept 12)
« Reply #278 on: September 12, 2019, 01:56:42 PM »
Ahhh, poor Luzie so much anxiety.  But Auntie Hazel made it all right!  Loved the date.  So true, you try to go have a night together and the entire world interferes or shows up!  Hope Erwin doesn't catch this one.  He'd never forgive Pollinator #3 for allowing someone else to have her.  Lolz.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
Hazel's date with Ross was hilarious. Ross seems to really attract all types of female attention, haha!
Luz and Kale's conversation about Love Day also made me laugh.
Poor Luz! Struggling to hold her own against Sadie the Intruder! I'm glad she's staying with Auntie Hazel, though.

I can't let Erwin read this chapter or he will see Luz and weep....
Yikes!  Look how long it's been since I updated this story.  Erwin had his alienboo and you just started Gen 5! 

Ahhh, poor Luzie so much anxiety.  But Auntie Hazel made it all right!  Loved the date.  So true, you try to go have a night together and the entire world interferes or shows up!  Hope Erwin doesn't catch this one.  He'd never forgive Pollinator #3 for allowing someone else to have her.  Lolz.
I like the bond between Luzie and Hazel.  They are such good friends, in spite of the fact that Luz has the evil trait.  I like to think that Hazel knows how to handle her.
The bowling date was fun.  Usually, my couples have dates at home to prevent the whole world interfering, but this time I let them actually go out.

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
Re: BallerinaHippo's Sharebear Legacy:Getting Out of the House (Oct 30)
« Reply #280 on: October 30, 2019, 04:03:17 PM »
Where we last left off (it's been awhile), Hazel and Ross had just completed soulmates, Basil earned his level 10 promotion in the comedian career and asked Sadie to marry him, and Hazel promised Luz that she could stay in the house when Luz's dad (Basil) moves out. 

Since the family has been stuck in limbo so long, I think they all deserve a day out.

Getting Out of the House

Ivy:  Howís this Mommy?  Am I doing it right?
Hazel:  Sure, honey.  But letís try something besides chopsticks.  We have to do this for five hours.
Ivy:  But chopsticks is fun!
65.1 Hazel mentor.jpg

Darwin:  Why so glum, Holly?  Is something wrong?
Holly:  There was a food fight at school today.  I got in trouble because the teacher said I started it.
Darwin:  Did you start it?
Holly:  I might have suggested organizing a protest against corned beef hash.
65.2 Holly sad.jpg

Darwin:  Well, it sounds to me like youíre a natural leader.
Holly:  Yes!  Finally, an adult who gets it!  Will you talk to Mom and Dad for me?
65.3 Holly excited.jpg

Basil:  Do you think we should offer to help with the kids or something?
Kale:  NahÖIím sure Hazel has everything under control.
Basil:  Youíre probably right.
65.4 Basil Kale lazy.jpg

On a SaturdayÖ

Holly:  Ugh.  Why does it always rain on scout days?
Ivy:  Grandpa calls it Murphyís Law.
Holly:  Who is Murphy?  And whatís he got against scouts? 
65.5 Rain.jpg

Ivy:  I donít know, but letís get inside before the lightning starts.
65.6 Lightning in back.jpg

The next dayÖ

Maja:  Hello dear!  Iím glad the weather cleared up so we could meet at the park today.
Hazel:  Me, too!  We all needed to get out of the house.
65.7 Hazel Maja.jpg

Maja:  How is everything at home?
Hazel:  Good, for the most part.  Weíve been having a little trouble with Luz, though.  She went through a bear-phase, which wasnít a big deal, but before that we caught her making messes and sending chain letters.
Maja:  Oh dear!
65.8 Luz trouble.jpg

Maja:  Luz looks perfectly happy talking to her grandpa over there.  Maybe she just needed some fresh air, like you said.
65.9 Luz Darwin.jpg

Ivy:  Hey Dad!  She opened with the giuoco piano, just like you said she would.
Ross:  You got her right where you want her, princess.
Aunt Clara:  You know I can hear you, right?  And weíve only played three moves each.
Ross:  Doesnít matter.  My girlís got this in the bag.
65.10 Ross mentor Ivy.jpg

Another dayÖ

Ivy:  Whatís that horrible smell?
Holly: *whispers* I think itís Patchy.
65.11 Stinky Patchy.jpg

Hazel:  Finally, some nice weather at home!  Letís enjoy it while it lasts, girls.
Holly and Ivy:  Yeah!
65.12 family swings.jpg

On MondayÖ

Ivy:  Mom!  I thought you were reading me a story.
Hazel:  Just a sec, Ivy.  Your Dad has something important to tell me.
Ivy:  My parents are so weird.
65.13 Ivy watch parents.jpg

Holly:  You gotta admit, itís pretty cool that Dad is the Chief of Police.
65.14 Ross police chief.jpg

Hazel:  Itís Monday night.  Time for school projects.  Thanks for the help, everyone.
65.15 school projects.jpg

Holly:  We have to do school projects and extra credit!?
Hazel:  It builds character, dear.
65.16 homework.jpg

Later in the weekÖ

Luz:  *sings* Happy birthday to me.  Happy birthday to me.
65.17 Luz birthday.jpg

Basil:  Hereís a little something from your old man.
Luz:  A voodoo doll!  Thanks Dad!
65.18 Luz gift.jpg

Basil:  Just promise me you wonít bind it to Sadie, okay?
Luz:  Darn!  Can I at least test out my alien powers on her?
Basil:  If you want to analyze her personality and get to know her better, I think thatís a good idea. 
Luz: (to herself) Just as I suspected.  Thereís nothing there.
65.19 Analyze personality.jpg

Luz:  Uncle Kale, Iíve just realized that, except for me, you are by far the coolest member of this family.
Kale:  Itís about time somebody noticed!
Luz:  Is it true you are a double agent?
Kale:  Better than that, but donít ask me to say more.
65.20 Luz Kale talk.jpg

After the party, everyone heads to the park so the twins can work on Social ButterflyÖ

Ivy:  Hi, Iím Ivy.  Would you like to be instant friends?
Boy:  With you?  Sure!
Ivy:  Thanks!
Boy:  Who is that lady behind you, and why is she clapping?
Ivy:  Thatís my mom.  Sheís encouraging my good manners.
Boy: Weird.
Ivy:  You donít know the half of it.
65.21 Ivy manners.jpg

Luz:  Good news, girls.  Iíve decided that Iím not kicking you out of my club.  Even though I am obviously way cooler than you right now.
Holly:  Oh, obviously.
Luz:  But you are family and itís not your fault that you are younger than me.  So we just wonít hold any more club meetings until you become teens, okay?
Holly:  Thatís completely fair.
65.22 Holly Luz Ivy.jpg

The family returns home from the park, with Darwin, Maja, and Clara in tow.

Maja:  All that traveling really wore me out.  I think Iíll just lie down right hereÖ
65.23 Maja death 1.jpg

Hazel:  Mom, nooooooo!  Iím not ready for this!
65.24 Maja death 2.jpg

65.25 Maja death 3.jpg

Notes:  Rest in peace, Maja Jensen Behr.  You truly were the life of the party.  Sorry to end on a sad note (after more than a month's hiatus!) but Iím out of room.  Plus, Iím a wimp and I really hate writing about the deaths. 

Next time, Basil and Sadie get hitched and the twins celebrate their teen birthday.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: BallerinaHippo's Sharebear Legacy: Getting Out of the House (Oct 30)
« Reply #281 on: October 30, 2019, 07:52:45 PM »
Losing sims is so hard.The larger one's household is, the harder losing a sim is for everyone. :(
Rest in peace, Maja! You mark the end of the Behr's third generation!

Changing the topic, Hazel and Ross are so great together, plus Hazel has the best hair.
Gratz to Ross on becoming Police Chief!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #282 on: October 30, 2019, 09:16:18 PM »
Oh Luz XD She's quite the character.

RIP Maja. Always so hard to lose them.

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
« Reply #283 on: November 01, 2019, 04:15:34 PM »
Losing sims is so hard.The larger one's household is, the harder losing a sim is for everyone. :(
Rest in peace, Maja! You mark the end of the Behr's third generation!

Changing the topic, Hazel and Ross are so great together, plus Hazel has the best hair.
Gratz to Ross on becoming Police Chief!
Hazel is definitely one of my all-time favorite sims.  I initially had someone else in mind to be her spouse, but then my game presented me with Ross. 

Oh Luz XD She's quite the character.

RIP Maja. Always so hard to lose them.
Luz is so much fun.  I don't often play Evil sims.  I can't bring myself to let her be Evil towards her family, though, so she saves it for everyone else.

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
Re: BallerinaHippo's Sharebear Legacy: The Home Stretch (Nov 1)
« Reply #284 on: November 01, 2019, 04:57:33 PM »
The Home Stretch

Luz: So, Dad, today is the big day, huh?
Basil:  Yeah, it is.  And I know you and Sadie donít always see eye to eye, but I hope youíll be happy for us.
66.1 Basil Luz talk.jpg

Luz:  Iím happy for you, at least.  Look, Iím even glowing bright green.  Thatís how happy I am.
Basil:  Thatís good enough for me.
66.2 Luz glows.jpg

The weather in Brindleton Bay is looking iffy, so the Behrs and company travel to San Myshuno for the ceremony.  The bride somehow manages to choose Hazelís wedding dress for the occasion, but fortunately Sadie opts for the red version (Hazel wore it in white).

66.3 wedding 1.jpg

66.4 wedding 2.jpg

66.5 wedding 3.jpg

Darwin:  Do you think youíd like to get married someday, Holly?
Holly:  Isnít marriage just societyís way of limiting our choices and perpetuating inequality under the guise of an unobtainable fairy tale that women are force-fed from infancy?
Darwin: UmÖIím just going to eat my cake now.
66.6 Darwin Holly talk.jpg

Hazel:  Thanks for tending the bar, Kale.  I donít know where our mixologist and caterer got to.
66.7 Kale tends bar.jpg

Kale:  The mixologist never showed, but I saw the caterer earlier.  Luz was giving him a piece of her mind after she had to make the wedding cake herself.
Hazel:  Itís so sweet that Luz wants this day to be special for her dad.
66.8 Luz mean.jpg

A few days laterÖ

Darwin:  Are the girls excited for their birthday?
Hazel:  I think so.  I know Iím ready.
66.9 Twin birthday.jpg

Hazel:  Itís been such a whirlwind the last few days, trying to help both girls finish up all the scouting activities and making sure they completed all of the aspirations.
Darwin:  You and Ross have done a wonderful job with them.
66.10 girls skills.jpg

Hazel:  Itís time to make a wish, girls!  Holly first, then Ivy.
66.11 birthday candles.jpg

Darwin:  Well, girls, everyone wants to knowówhat are your traits and aspirations?
Ivy:  Iím a genius who loves cats.  I got Renaissance Sim, but thatís just the start.
Holly:  I also love cats and the outdoors, and Ió
Darwin:  Pardon the interruption, but did you say you love the outdoors?
Holly:  Of course, Grandpa!  You knowÖhugging trees and all that.
Darwin:  Do you know what that means?  Youíre the new heir!
Holly:  WaitÖIím what?
66.12 Darwin talks to girls.jpg

Hazel:  I guess itís time for us to have the heir talk, Holly.
Holly:  With all due respect, Mom, I just donít know if the legacy rules jive with my philosophy of free love and my anti-capitalist perspective.
Hazel:  Thereís no need to be so dramatic, dear.  There are only two rules you have to follow.  One, your primary spouse has to have three unique traits.  And two, you have to have at least one child.  Thatís it.  A unique career and aspiration would be helpful, but those are not essential.
66.13 Hazel talk to girls.jpg

After the adults go upstairsÖ

Holly:  Iím still not sure about this.  Monogamy is fine for people like Mom and Dad, butÖ
Luz:  Werenít you listening?  Your mother said your primary spouse has to have three unique traits. 
Holly:  YeahÖso?
Luz:  Youíre allowed to have as many secondary spouses as you like, as long as thereís room in the house.
Holly:  Oh!  I hadnít thought of that!
66.14 Luz talk to Holly.jpg

Late that nightÖ

Ivy:  I canít believe weíre actually building a rocket!
Luz:  Iím glad you finally aged up so you can help me.
Ivy:  Do you really think we can make it fly?
Luz:  Who do you think youíre talking to?  I came from up there, remember? 
66.15 Rocket build.jpg

Maja:  Kale!  What are you doing out so late?
Kale:  Hi Mom!  I just got home from work.
66.16 Basil hug Maja.jpg

Maja: And how is work going, dear?
Kale:  Great!  I just got promoted to level 11.
Maja:  11?  Donít you mean 10?
Kale:  Nope.  My career has an extra level.
66.17 Kale promo.jpg

A few days laterÖ

Ivy:  Thanks for giving me guitar lessons, Holly.  I know youíre just mentoring me for your aspiration, but I still appreciate it.
Holly:  No problem, sis.   The sooner I finish Musical Genius, the sooner I can start the aspiration I really want.
Ivy:  Okay, well, when weíre done, Mom wants to take us to the flea market.
66.18 Holly mentor Ivy.jpg

Holly: Iím totally into the flea market vibe, Mom, but why did you want to come here?
Hazel:  Because the flea market is a great place to find collectables.  The selection today is odd, but those guzmania flowers are hard to find.  We should get some.
Holly:  Flowers are cool.
66.19 flea market.jpg

Luz:  Dad?  Are you busking for tips?  If youíre short on money, Iím sure Aunt Hazel wouldó
Basil:  Relax, Luzie.  Everythingís fine.  Iím just doing this for fun.
66.20 Basil busking.jpg

Another dayÖ

Ivy:  Woo!  Weíre done!  I canít wait to test it.
Luz:  The weather is perfect.  Letís launch it today.
66.21 Rocket built.jpg

Ivy:  Why do you get to fly it first?
Luz:  Because Iím older.  And Aunt Hazel would have a fit if I let you step onto an untested rocket.
Ivy:  HmmÖgood point.
66.22 Luz launch.jpg

Ivy:  Maybe *coughs* I shouldnít stand so close *coughs* next time.
66.23 rocket smoke.jpg

MeanwhileÖ

Kale:  Hey, sis.  Whatís that contraption youíve got there?
Hazel:  Itís some old veterinary equipment I found in the basement.  I think our Great Uncle Hermes used it when he had two dogs.
66.24 vet skill.jpg

Kale:  Are you thinking of switching careers and becoming a vet?
Hazel:  No, I just want to learn to craft age-down treats for Rusty.  I know we canít let Rusty live forever, but Ross and I arenít ready for him to be an elder cat just yet.
66.25 Rusty age down.jpg

Notes:  We have an heir!  Since Holly is the older twin and she got the Loves Outdoors trait, she will be the heir.  Her randomly generated aspiration is Musical Genius (the same one Hazel got, which is a weird coincidence). 

Hollyís picture has been added to the front page.  She looks a lot like Hazel, but with Rossís dark hair.  Ivy, on the other hand, looks like a female clone of Ross, but with Hazelís red hair.

This *might* be the last update for Gen 5, but not to worry.  Hazel and Ross aren't going anywhere.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #285 on: November 01, 2019, 08:05:27 PM »
Yaaay, your next heir is already decided! I imagine that must be a relief for the Watcher for multiple reasons, especially the spouse hunt.
Gratz to Kale on maxing the Villain career, all 11 levels. What are your plans for him now?
Does Kale have a love interest?

Holly the hippie will be a great heir! But we didn't get to hear Hazel's "hair talk."

P.S. What a great screenshot of Holly. I added it to the Sharebears Rules thread. :)

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
« Reply #286 on: November 03, 2019, 04:57:10 PM »
Yaaay, your next heir is already decided! I imagine that must be a relief for the Watcher for multiple reasons, especially the spouse hunt.
Gratz to Kale on maxing the Villain career, all 11 levels. What are your plans for him now?
Does Kale have a love interest?

Holly the hippie will be a great heir! But we didn't get to hear Hazel's "hair talk."

P.S. What a great screenshot of Holly. I added it to the Sharebears Rules thread. :)
It's always nice to have the heir decided before the YA birthday.  It makes planning spouses, careers, etc. a lot easier.   :)

My plan is to keep Kale in the house until we need the space.  He doesn't have a love interest right now, mostly because he has the loner trait.  There's still time, though.  *wheels turning*

Thanks for adding Holly to the Sharebears thread.  I knew you would be on it quick!

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
Re: BallerinaHippo's Sharebear Legacy: My Generation (Nov 3)
« Reply #287 on: November 03, 2019, 05:40:50 PM »
My Generation

My Generation by The Who- 1965
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

From Hollyís diary

I met the dreamiest boy at school the other day.  His name is Mondo and he just moved here with his twin brother and their guardian.
67.1 Holly meets Mondo.jpg

Mondo asked me to hang out with him at the Humor and Hijinks Festival in the city.  Of course I said yes.  It was a school night, though, so I had to ask the folks for permission.  I waited until Dad got home from work and met him in the driveway.  I usually have the best luck getting what I want from Dad.
67.2 Holly greets Ross.jpg

This time Dad said, ďAsk your mother.Ē  And Mom already had school projects set up.  Ugh! 
67.3 Projects.jpg

At least everyone was there to help.  Everyone but Luz, that is.  Mom never makes Luz do school projects or homework or anything. 
67.4 project help.jpg

When we were done, Mom said we could go to the festival!  I brought Ivy along to meet Mondoís brother.  The brotherís name is Armand and heís almost as cute as Mondo.  Almost.  Oh, and I met this other groovy dude named Hamza.   
67.5 Ivy meet Armand.jpg

We all joined the cool team, the pranksters.  Luz came, too, so she could work on her mischief.  And think I saw Uncle Kale.  I bet Mom sent him to keep an eye on us.
67.6 Pranksters.jpg

That night, I tried bubbles for the first time.  It was far out.
67.7 Holly bubbles.jpg

I was afraid I might choke and embarrass myself in front of Mondo and Hamza, but I didnít!
67.8 group bubbles.jpg

Ivy refused to try the bubbles, but I think she had a good time at the festival anyway.  She and Armand seemed to hit it off.
67.9 Ivy and Armand.jpg

When we got home, I stayed up all night practicing the piano.  I really, really wanted to finish the Musical Genius aspiration so I could pick something else.  After hours and hours of practice, I finally got it.
67.10 Musical genius.jpg

The next night, I went on my first official date with Mondo.  And Mom couldnít even complain about it being a school night. This was for my new aspiration and therefore it would benefit the legacy.  Ha!
67.11 Holly Mondo date.jpg

Mondo agreed to be my first boyfriend and we shared our first kiss.
67.12 Holly Mondo dating.jpg

Yes, I said first boyfriend.  I donít plan on tying myself down anytime soon.

After my date with Mondo, I met up with Jonathan.  I gotta be honest, the dude wears threads that areÖquestionable.
67.13 Holly meet Jonathan.jpg

Heís also not nearly as cute as Mondo, but I liked Jonathan enough to go on a date with him. 
67.14 Holly kiss Jonathan.jpg

This new aspiration is the grooviest.  Maybe this legacy stuff wonít be such a drag after all.

From Luzís journal

Yesterday I went over to Dadís house to spend some time with my baby sister.  Itís too soon to tell, but I hope she takes after Dad.  It would be a bummer if she looked like Sadie.  Anyway, Dad was there, too, and we talked about the plans for my young adult birthday.
67.15 Luz baby Maddy.jpg

No big parties for me.  Just family. 
67.16 Luz bday.jpg

Iím proud to say that I earned five character-values.  Finally, my hard work paid off!  Mwahahahaha!
67.17 Luz values.jpg

And somehow I still have a good reputation.  Suckers!

I made sure to give Auntie Hazel a big hug.  Sheís always been supportive of me, even though my chosen path may not be the conventional one.
67.18 bday hug.jpg

Then it was time to get a job.  I never thought Iíd be working for The Man, as Holly calls it.  But thanks to my good grades in high school, which I might have fudged, (shhhÖdonít tell!) I was hired as a Command Center Lead.  If I play my cards right, someday I might get paid to go into outer space.

And in my free time, Iím gonna keep working on the rocket I built with Ivy.  If I can get this worm-hole generator thing figured out, I might be able to get to Sixam.
67.19 Luz upgrades.jpg

From Ivyís diary

Holly was in a funk the other day when we got home from school.  I know I shouldnít laugh, but I think itís funny when she goes on and on about the Establishment, and rules, and blah, blah, blah.
67.20 Holly Ivy home from school.jpg

Anyway, that was our last of day school.  Since itís almost our birthday, Mom said we could use our vacation days and go to Granite Falls. 
67.21 GF arrival.jpg

The first thing we did in Granite Falls wasÖsleep.  Club meetings donít work here so we couldnít Rally the Troops.  It was weird sleeping in a bed, but kinda nice.
67.22 GF sleep.jpg

In the morning, Mom tried to show me how to fish.  I canít really say that I ever got the hang of it.  I just donít love the outdoors as much as Mom and Holly. 
67.23 GF fishing.jpg

Holly, on the other hand, is having the time of her life in Granite Falls.  Not only does she get to be outdoors all the time, sheís also making a lot ofÖumÖfriends.
67.24 Holly serial romantic.jpg

We celebrated Dadís birthday here in Granite Falls.  Heís officially middle-aged now. 
67.25 GF birthday.jpg

When we get home, it will be time for Holly and me to age up.  I cannot wait to be a young adult.  I want to join Luz in the astronaut career and hopefully be a space ranger someday.  And Holly?  Well, sheís going to have to start acting like an heir, isnít she?

Notes: I completely forgot that Basil and Sadie tried for a baby at their wedding.  Surprise!  Luz has a half-sister, Maddy.

Armand and Mondo LeBlanc were added to my game as teens.  The LeBlancs are the designated spouse pair for Gen 6 Sharebears.  Weíre going to need a different primary spouse for this generation, though, because the LeBlancs donít have unique traits for my legacy. 

My time period for this generation is the 1960s/early 1970s.  Luz is dressed as a beatnik (the predecessor of the hippie), Holly is obviously our hippie flower child, and Ivy is more mainstream 1960s/70s.   The 60s were the decade of the space race, so itís the perfect time for Luz and Ivy to be in the astronaut career.   Computers were becoming more widespread, but werenít exactly household items yet.  As such, the Behrs wonít get an actual computer until the next generation (their typewriters serve that function for now).

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: BallerinaHippo's Sharebear Legacy: My Generation (Nov 3)
« Reply #288 on: November 03, 2019, 06:58:49 PM »
Haha, what a great idea for Holly to win all her hearts in Granite Falls!
And good ole Luz, earning the Behr Legacy yet another point! :)

Because the designated spouse pair as YAs didn't offer unique traits, I added them to the game as toddlers to reset all three traits.
The only thing I retained was their original aspiration.
I love how the same sims can appear so different in different legacies!
Your explanation of this generation's timelines is much appreciated.