Author Topic: I have professional slacker, if I go into a new career will I loose my place?  (Read 9067 times)

Offline Calsiren

• Nooboo
I started playing a new house hold of one a few days ago (I play but most of the saves are my 8y/o sister's) and have the sim on level 9 of the astronaut career.

I thought it might be fun to achieve all of the aspirations, and have done most that don't require you to get a specific career. But, I want to do career oriented ones as well. I read somewhere that when you switch jobs, you get demoted for every day that you 'miss', but with professional slacker it prevents demotion. Does that only apply with being lazy during the work day or am I free to move on to different career and come back?

I like my encounters smuggling for aliens,  I feel like a real Han Solo.

(also please notify me if I have posted in the wrong space, I'm new to the board)

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Welcome to the forum @Calsiren  the Professional Slacker reward trait will stop your active sim from being demoted while at work. It will also stop them from being demoted from negative choice-card work opportunities and/or from not going to work but not taking a holiday day. (Slacking)

This reward trait does not effect the normal game mechanics when sims quit a career and then want to restart in the same career. i.e. they will start one level lower.

If your sim is going to be switching careers a lot the Connections reward trait would be a good one to get as this allows the sims to start every new job at level 4.

Reward Traits Guide
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Calsiren

• Nooboo
I considered getting connections but I have read in other guides that you wont receive the rewards because you are skipping levels rather than completing them. Thanks for the response, so I'll drop by one level only? That isnt so bad

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
You do receive the rewards with the Connections Trait. there was a game bug for many months that stopped this from happening but that was fixed in a recent patch.

This misinformation has been circling for ages which I find quite annoying actually. I've even had people arguing with me about this lol. The game bug that stopped sims from receiving the career rewards (including simoleon bonuses for each level) was not indicative of normal game play. Simply put the Connections Reward trait has all the bonuses of each level 1-3 of the career while catapulting your sim into L4.

A sim with an 'A' at High School will start all careers at L3 which is a cheaper option than buying the reward trait but obviously you needed to have played the sim in question as a teen. At least for long enough to cheat an 'A' even if you didn't want to play the age stage through in completion.

Your sim will always drop one level when re-entering a career they have previously worked in no matter what you do. Sometimes they will even be back at Level 1. Connections trait does stop that though as the lowest a sim with this reward can go to is L4.

Offline Calsiren

• Nooboo
I'm on the playstation when I play, and many of the bugs that have been patched for pc are still active on my game even completely updated, but I trust you and will simply save before hand incase it doesn't work!

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Hm, yes you probably will have your own lot of bugs! Hopefully it works well for you on console.  :)