Author Topic: I am not sure this is the best place for this suggestion.  (Read 1572 times)

Offline scoed

• Watcher
If it is more appropriate elsewhere please move it.

My suggestion is simple in your drop down menu you don't have a link to your video guides. Right now the best of them are on the front page, but as you make more they will drop off. You done a great job with them and as a long time player I learned things form the beekeeping one. These guides are useful. It will be a shame if players looking for them couldn't find them easily as newer ones push older ones off the front page.

What I am suggesting in in the drop down you add a link to a page that you create that will have link to these videos or just adding a link to the YouTube channel they are on. This will add views are subscriptions to your videos. Long term this can lead to a few bucks if they are monetized. But these guides are useful and I can even see myself using them to refresh myself if I take a break or something. If they are valuable to someone who played for years then they are even more valuable to new and returning players they are mostly aimed at. But in there long tern them are only valuable if they are easy to find.

Just an idea. And thanks Carl and all the administrators and moderators of this site for making this Carl's The Sims 4 Guide one of the best The Sims 4 information sites on the web.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: I am not sure this is the best place for this suggestion.
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2018, 03:37:28 AM »
I'm sure Carl will address this in more detail but he's thought of this but it will require more than just simply adding a new button.  :) I know he has a plan for keeping the guide free from video-spam!  ;) @Carl
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
Re: I am not sure this is the best place for this suggestion.
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2018, 09:48:31 AM »
Play is right that I'm unsure how to proceed. I went with a quick fix for now. Although I only have 3 at the moment I'd like to keep them all in one area and give people a place to check for new content. It also lets me highlight our primary means of sharing new stuff (twitter/fb/youtube subscription button). This is the only way we have to reach out to people and indicate something new is present without them manually checking (like with the forum).

Someday I will need special navigation for video and more room in the top area to do this right. An extra button is a band-aid that'll last a couple of months. Eventually I'll want to give people an experience similar to what we have for regular guides, where you can view by category etc. assuming it becomes needed.

anything