Author Topic: Greetings from the Bloom Family  (Read 1305 times)

Offline Nindigo

• Alvi Matriarch
  • Watcher
Greetings from the Bloom Family
« on: August 17, 2018, 05:14:37 PM »

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Introduction
Kassie Dos Reis has moved to Bridgeport at an interesting time where powerplay among the local vampires is raging both in and out of the shadows. What better time to apply for a job with the media and try her skilled hand a journalism to help cover the going ons? Her loving new husband, Dwight, will support her regardless, especially now that they have a small child who will need protection and preparation for a life in the big city with its various temptations and pitfalls.

Meet Dwight, the husband of Kassie, and their toddler son - Stellan.

Dwight's cat, Patches. She doesn't have any patches though.

The family's home, front and back. The address is: Cabin Point, 15 Dean Road

TS3: An Alvi Life

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
Time enjoyed is never time wasted

Offline Nindigo

• Alvi Matriarch
  • Watcher
Re: Greetings from Kassie
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2018, 05:30:16 AM »
August 19th - Postage stamp from Sunlit Tides?

Hey girl, it's me - your friend forever, Kassie. I was going to write you from Bridgeport, but something came up. Dwight and I really wanted to find a bigger home and we searched around in Bridgeport for a time, but there was just nothing available for a small family anymore. We ended up packing and leaving for a whole new place - and what a place we found! My goodness, Myra, I'm now living year round in what seems to be an utterly gorgeous resort town. The place is called Sunlit Tides and that is so fitting! We have above 90 degrees right now and looking out the window, I see coconut palm trees, a sandy white beach, and dreamy blue-green water as far as my eye can see. There is even an old volcano some distance away! Best of all, Stellan and Dwight are here with me, so we can enjoy it all together. Oh, and Patches. How could I forget her?

First things first - this is a very hot place.

I got myself a yummy rainbow popsicle.

Of course, I managed to drop it...

Emit was knocking from the other side of time, so I decided to let him into the present. He always startles me with those entries.

After helping Emit out with something, I found Patches. She had gotten to the newspaper before us. I wonder what important news we missed?

Dwight being the outdoorsy type that he is decided to get a bicycle for himself and leave the old car to me.

Later that same night, a silly representative from the university came by and left us some freebies. Dwight took a test and earned a partial scholarship.

Meanwhile, I was trying to get my laptop to work inside the house. I'm a journalist now, remember? I really needed to check up on our new place.

It wasn't cooperating. By the way, I have decided to wear my hair differently - I hope you like it? Dwight thinks it's cute.

Stellan had his own plans for the evening. We didn't see him again before bedtime. Silly kid, that one, but so adorable and independant already.

I loose my patience here, and immediately Dwight is in the door, asking 'Is everything alright, honey?' Well, of course not! Otherwise, I wouldn't be banging my head like that.

After messing around with the laptop for a bit, I discovered that the batterty was low on power...go figure.

Ahh, but who can stay upset for long when surrounded by this?

Here is a picture of our new house - just perfect for the four of us. I'll write again soon, promise. Take care, sweetie!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nindigo

• Alvi Matriarch
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2018, 05:28:17 AM »
August 31st

Greetings from Sunlit Tides, Myra! We moved again! But only to a new house this time and we are going to stay here now. I'm still everyone's errand girl at the office and Dwight has decided to go into business. We have similar work hours currently which is very nice. Stellan has aged up and is the most adorable kid in the whole wide world. And he is doing great at school. Patches has run away, unfortunately. We have posted missing pet notes around town, but no one seems to have seen her.

Like father like son. My two darlings.

Just look at this view from the back of our house!

Stellan's ride to school is quite breathtaking, don't you agree?

Whee! First day nailed.

Dwight is just a great dad. Not very complicated as a person either.

Just got home from work and immediately hit the books. You know me. I'm trying to learn something here, though.

Meanwhile the boys had some fun.

This is the front of our new home.

This is the back.

Here is a picture of the volcano. Folks say that the less glamorous townies hang out over there.

The sunsets here are magic.

This is just for you. I'm living life as you can see.

We have gotten pretty good at dancing and enjoy it.

He doesn't drop me anymore. That's good.

Yes, we danced until morning. For shame. Stellan was watching movies all night. What terrible parents we are.

Yeowza.

It's not our fault that our new home is the perfect romantic setting, is it?

Oh, Myra...how did I ever come to deserve this kind of happiness?

Offline Nindigo

• Alvi Matriarch
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2018, 02:49:57 AM »
November 8th

My dearest Myra,

It has taken me a long time to write you this time. Not because I haven't been wanting to, but because things have changed so much that I fear your judgement and for our friendship. Yet, I have mustered the courage this moment.

Last time you heard from me, I was on Cloud Nine. But things only deteriorated from there. Not in a dramatic sort of way. Dwight and I simply seemed to drift further and further apart as time went by. In the end, we decided that it was best to nullify our marriage. Afterwards, I felt that Sunlit Tides had become Sunless Tides instead, so I decided to move away while Stellan chose to remain with his father. Don't worry though, we promised to visit with each other and keep in close contact which we have.

For a while, I traveled a bit aimlessly and only stayed for a short time here and there making a living by selling some small painting and offering a helping hand to locals. It lasted until I finally ended up in a place up north called Aurora Skies.

I tell you, Myra, the place is magical. The environment is the most stunning nature you could imagine and every night the sky is lit by what is called 'aurora borealis' - also known as nothern lights! It may be a bit chilly up here, but the air is fantastic and best of all - the townies are all a bit whacko, but gave me a warm welcome. In particular one whom, to my surprise, had come up from Bridgeport. Same as me. His name is Apollo and he knows anyone and everyone here. He will be an invaluable source for when I start up my journalist career again. Can you believe it, he's even a bookworm too! He also offered me to stay at his house. It's a little small, but he told me that he had been having some problems himself and had moved back to where he first lived after coming to Aurora Skies.

So, this is my situation now. A new chapter of my life in the company of an eccentric cityboy who apparently has his own story to tell.

I hope you won't think ill of me after reading this letter. Last I spoke with Stellan over the phone, he told me he was fine, but that the house felt a little empty. He is almost a grown man now and I am close to my birthday. Time flies indeed.

Before I send this letter, I'm attaching a picture of me with my new roommate.

Offline Nindigo

• Alvi Matriarch
  • Watcher
Re: Greetings from Kassie (Nov 12)
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2018, 07:32:19 AM »
November 12

Dear Myra,

I'm finding myself in a strange situation. Things happen so quickly that my head is still spinning. Which way is up, I wonder?

I think I'm in love with my roommate, but I'm not sure if he feels the same way about me. Perhaps I'm just feeling a little desperate after everything. Perhaps my roommate is, too.

In any case, the other night while we were watching a movie, things...developed. I don't even remember how it started, but one thing led to another and next thing I knew, we were absolutely entangled in a heated embrace and kissing each other as if our lives depended on it.

Oh my, how can I put this...I worry that I may be pregnant, Myra. I haven't told my roommate anything yet. I guess we will just have to wait and see.

It's all very awkward right now and I don't even know if he is interested in going steady. We haven't talked about what happened that night yet. I will let you know as soon as I know more about how my life is developing here in Aurora Skies.

I'm to say hello from Stellan by the way. Even though you haven't met. He has finally met a girl that he likes. I look forward to meeting her soon.

Yours,
Kassie

Offline Nindigo

• Alvi Matriarch
  • Watcher
Re: Greetings from Apollo and Kassie (Feb 12)
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2019, 03:52:10 PM »
February 12th - Greetings from Moonlight Falls

Apollo speaking: Long time no see, folks. On a dark and stormy night, Kassie and I decided to move to Moonligt Falls without anyone noticing. We've been living there for a while now, got married, and have a gorgeous toddler now named Alister who is the spitting image of his dad. Aaand we have the second one coming up! We're sharing space with our good friend Evie Dalton for the moment. Also, we have a parrot by the name of Chili who finds it amusing to call me things.

Poor dear. Pregnancy can be so burdensome. I should know, having borne several alien kids.

I'm a little worried about the manner in which my jeans are folding here. Reading a cook book in case you cared.

A darn good chef waiting on his pumpkin pie to finish. It's taking forever, but getting the crust right is not an easy matter.

Women! Evie had me try and divide by zero. It set me on fire for who knows what reason and my wife...my wife was just standing there. Can you believe it?!

I put myself out since nobody else was going to, and then we suddenly had an uninvited guest.

I suppose that living in Moonlight Falls should have prepared us for mysterious happenings.

Offline Nindigo

• Alvi Matriarch
  • Watcher
Re: Greetings from Kassie (Feb 14)
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2019, 09:20:25 PM »
Greetings from Kassie

Dear Myra,

Happy news! We have just welcomed another baby boy into our little family. His name is Oliver Bloom and I have a good feeling about him. Perhaps he will become a genius? Perhaps even an eccentric one at that? Who knows!

On a side note, Evie decided to move into a house of her own. She mentioned feeling like a third wheel, and Apollo and I respect that.

Hopefully, this small greeting will find you well. I have attached a couple of photos for your enjoyment.

Hmm...what happens if I...

Ai! Oh, it's just Emit.

He is that goofball from the future.

Good ole Kassie in labor once more.

Everything went well. Ollie is resting and my belly is feeling good again.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nindigo

• Alvi Matriarch
  • Watcher
Re: Greetings from Kassie (Feb 18)
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2019, 09:23:34 AM »
February 18, 2019

Kassie was not used to travel by atomic molecular arranger. The first time was a harrowing experience.

In addition to loss of consciousness, it also lead to bladder failure. How embarrassing. Best acquire a personal vehicle.

Nothing went as it should that day. Apollo rejected a simple kiss which prompted Kassie to throw a zombification elixir at him.

It was a poor choice, of course, as it had a very negative impact on communication. But Kassie found herself on the edge.

Though their relationship suffered, Apollo seemed oddly intrigued by his transformation.

Time to get some fresh air and put a little distance to home. Kassie took Alister and headed to the library.

Oh, a regular stray foal. Yes, mommy sees it, dear.

What I didn't foresee was that Kassie would choose to take the atomic molecular arranger from the grocery store to the library. She was inflicted with a curse of the tragic clown for 24 hours.

It caused everyone near her to burst into tears.

When Apollo's temporary undeath finally wore off, I wanted to send him to Kassie at the library to make up for his strange behavior. He took the same route and was also inflicted with the tragic clown curse.

He had a sudden change of heart, peed himself and went off screaming and flailing to work instead.

Kassie ended up going to the summer festival which is just by the library. A foreboding full moon then rose. Dwayne Wolff whom she was chatting up soon changed into his werewolf form and tried to attack her. Good thing, she had that day's newspaper in her pocket. She wipped it out and started to defend herself. A zombified fairy came out of the ground behind her as well. The police officer didn't seem intent on coming to her rescue at all.

The situation somehow resolved itself and later, she wound up talking to Nicholas Wickerman, a friendly townie whom she might have felt a little bit attracted to.

Upon coming home and seeing her fate reflected in Apollo, Kassie lost it and decided to hide in the bathroom until morning.

Next day outside the elixir shop, Apollo became interested in socializing with a wild parakeet. He was completely unaware of the bouncing deer.

Yes, I laughed at you, Apollo.

Meanwhile, Kassie was trying to enjoy a much needed respite. A dirty diaper saw to that this was unsuccessful.

And at night, Apollo does not get up to feed Oliver just once in a while. That chore falls to mammy.

Writer's note: I decided to revert to my usual narrative style. Let me know if you lament this.

Offline Nindigo

• Alvi Matriarch
  • Watcher
Re: Greetings from Kassie (Feb 18, 2. update)
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2019, 12:51:25 PM »
February 18, 2019 - Part Two

Meet an aged up Alister Bloom. So far, he is the spitting image of his father.

I have learned that Bianca Crumplebottom has a really nice face.

Kassie decided to try something new with her painting. It spilled, you say? *looks innocent*

Wiggles is the name of Alister's imaginary friend.

He is pretty cute, but buggy. He comes out even if he is still in the inventory. Last time it happened, I had him be hit by a meteor. I wonder if that will keep him away.

Oh, right. Apollo was briefly in Champs Les Sims. Got his VISA to level 1.

Nom nom. I learned that turning a Sim into a genie changes their facial features into a pudding version. I tried throwing an elixir at another Sim and it happened to them, too.

This particular pregnant genie seems speed happy.

Being able to float comes in handy. Also, as a house wife, the genie cleaning magic is just super.

Alister participated in his first eating contest. He didn't win though. The ghost did.

Larry Gandillon is a strapping werewolf fella. And a married one, of course.

Will the new baby be blue like you, mom?

Chili, the parrot, is taking a vacation in the household inventory since it was always biting. A chipmunk has found a way into the house. It's called Chip...

Apollo, sweetheart? Could you come over here for a family picture? Although Alister just left for school.

Thank you. Now, Apollo, try not to look worried for just a brief moment. Happy little family. Whatever crisis the Blooms experienced in the last chapter is now in the past.

Lastly:

I fixed Kassie's face to the best of my ability, but not all the sliders would co-operate precisely, so a few values are off by 1.

Offline Nindigo

• Alvi Matriarch
  • Watcher
Re: Greetings from Kassie (Feb 19)
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2019, 09:28:47 AM »
February 19, 2019

Welcome to the family, Calliope Bloom. You are blue, but are you a genie?

I spotted a familiar face at the laundromat across the street. Hello, Evie.

Had to try out this monstrosity. Kassie went easy, but I made Apollo go full speed since he is fun to torture a little.

I love this "uh-huh" genie posture.

This is the other Sim I turned into a genie. Apparently, her pudding face disappeared on its own. I'm miffed.

Muffins, cookies and brownies! Anyone? No? :-\

Eye candy. Her genie outfit's pants are practically her favorite color which is spiceberry.

Calliope as a toddler. She has learned the three basics now - to use the potty chair, to walk and to talk. She likes orange by the way.

These parents have their hands full.

A future Bloom bride? Gotta love hairy girls with a distinct underbite ;D

Offline Nindigo

• Alvi Matriarch
  • Watcher
Re: Greetings from Kassie (Feb 21)
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2019, 10:29:14 AM »
February 21, 2019

It takes time and dedication to get a kid fully prepared to age up.

Oliver Bloom is now a grade school child. Handsome little fella, right? He's got brains.

I decided to dress him in the latest and distinguished Moonlight Falls fashion.

Apollo is an adult and having a midlife crisis. He had a desperate urge to flirt with someone not Kassie. So, he went and charmed his way into the graces of the towns oldest and most powerful vampire.

He may have taken it a bit far. And oops, I think he had some funny little puncture wounds on his wrist when he left after a ride on the merry-go-round.

Nonetheless, he truly loves his genie wife Kassie, as he has just proven here. They are expecting their 4th child now. Whee!

Looks like a certain someone will never outgrow their anxiety issues.

Offline Nindigo

• Alvi Matriarch
  • Watcher
Re: Greetings from Kassie (Feb 22)
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2019, 03:09:28 PM »
February 22, 2019
It is a little uneventful in Moonlight Falls currently. I have focused a lot on skilling, decorating and re-decorating. Apollo is over his mid-life crisis, thank goodness. I need to figure out in what direction to take him to get his lifetime wish completed. Kassie already completed hers and is a stay-at-home mom as it is. Hmm, I need a plan.

Apollo was very briefly a vampire. Here holding Calliope.

It is clear that Calliope is a full genie like her mom. She has the genie option in her pie menu.

Mama Kassie, who is pregnant again, Calliope and Aleister watching TV.

Ooh, the new baby is coming on a full moon! Kassie is keeping her cool. The kids not so much.

Offline Nindigo

• Alvi Matriarch
  • Watcher
Re: Greetings from Kassie (Feb 22) - Part 2
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2019, 06:31:48 PM »
For a little girl born on the night of a full moon, there is only one suitable name: Luna

At the end of the day, Kassie needed to get away for a little bit. So, she entered a hotdog-eating contest.

I cheered for her, but Miriam Hoppcraft won.

The whole thing made Kassie sick to her stomach. I wouldn't want that green goo in my belly either. Away with it.

Let me introduce Hank Gandillon, son of the handsome married werewolf that Kassie saw skating at the festival not too long ago. I was looking for Kassie and saw her read Hank a bedtime story. Huh. Just look at this little rascal, apparently a favored friend of Calliope.

Also, let me introduce Hetal Anjali, a witch girl whom I've learned that Aleister fancies like no other.

He wasted no time sweeping her off her feet, first with a heat-of-the-moment kiss and then a dip kiss.

And just like that, he now has his first girlfriend.

Then I wondered what Apollo was up to and found him reading Hank a bedtime story. This was a different day, mind you. Apparently Hank had come home with Calliope again. You'd think he was trying to become part of the family. What is this kid's real agenda, I wonder.

And he crashed.

Um, hello stray beagle dog. I don't recall you living here.

Great. Kassie and Apollo's home has seemingly become a shelter for sleepy puppies. (Hank is a werewolf kid)

Interesting stuff!

Offline Nindigo

• Alvi Matriarch
  • Watcher
Re: Greetings from Kassie (Feb 24)
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2019, 07:32:43 AM »
February 24, 2019
Some screenshots in no particular order from my latest play session :)

We have a Hank-issue on our hands. Poor Calliope peed herself in terror when she witnessed her best friend's transformation.

Apollo visiting his vampire friend. Why he seemingly had an issue with Ayden's daughter Emelie here, I couldn't tell you.

Kassie burst into song while fishing with Calliope. Made sure to teach her daughter, of course.

Luna aged up to a toddler. Finally, we have a "Kassie-daughter". A child with her unique and gorgeous hair color.

Kassie looking very bookish while reading up on alchemy. She has it nailed by now.

Speaking of books. Calliope decided to grow her brain. Since Apollo is obviously dying his hair, I decided to give the other kids what I assume to be his natural hair color based on his eyebrows - a dusty black.

Oliver was born smart. He is going through an "into the future" phase appearance-wise.

This is Hank's father, the (in my opinion) handsome werewolf Larry Gandillon. I find it interesting that he seems to have a thing for Kassie.

Aleister was a great kid, taking care of teaching Luna all the basics while the rest of the family was busy. Apollo then took her to the library and read her all the toddler books in a matter of minutes. Very efficient. *blows Apollo a kiss*

A close up of the Aleister sweetheart.

Apollo built a plumbot that was named Maxis.

Offline Nindigo

• Alvi Matriarch
  • Watcher
Re: Greetings from Kassie (Feb 25)
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2019, 06:47:47 AM »
February 25, 2019

Apollo tossed away Ayden's "gift" the first time around. He decided to ask to be given a second chance to which Ayden grudgingly agreed. Being a vampire provides one with a little oomph and being a coward, Apollo feels he needs it, especially living in Moonlight Falls where everyone is crazy in one way or another. His own family included.

I cured Kassie of genie-ism. First, her face was messed up after becoming a genie. Being cured messed up her skin color. I've had enough of this now, so I replaced her with a saved original version of her. Welcome back normal Kassie, I've missed you.

Oliver tutoring Calliope in logic. That comes in handy when you are missing the book required to level up. And is being too lazy to send a Sim to the bookstore to buy it.

Aleister is a family man. But his relationship with Hetal Anjali didn't work out. To my surprise, though, he turns out to be feeling attracted to both male and female Sims. I didn't do anything to influence this. Just leaves the world a bigger and more interesting place for him, I guess.

There is a long, long way to go until we catch up with old Kassie skill-wise. The rest is no problem at all since she and Apollo seem made for each other.

Lookie here what old Kassie got us before leaving us. A rare lilac-breasted something bird.

A testament to Apollo's devotion to Kassie, regardless of version.

Here is a nice shot of the family's store-bought kids room. I really heart it.

Hoping that the lightly built Apollo won't collapse under the weight of love. Just married and all.

Now, that Aleister is a grown man and has moved out...there should be plenty room for more kids.

Oliver just had to try out his ghostly potion.

Luna aged up. I will get around to post a more charming picture.

Ollie also aged up. The family now lives next to the hospital which makes me think that this guy should become a doctor, being both a bookworm and a genius.

A dark picture of teenage Calliope with teenage Hank. And yes, they have romantic feelings for each other. I approve.

Bill Misfit has been the most annoying paparazzi, so having a mummy curse elixir in Apollo's pocket, I decided to throw it at him. Of course, vampire-Apollo is still a coward and passed out right after seeing Bill as a mummy.

Apollo daddy with his daughter Luna doing his favorite thing - watching TV. I found the perfect outfit for him by the way.

Offline Nindigo

• Alvi Matriarch
  • Watcher
Re: Greetings from Kassie (Feb 27)
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2019, 05:11:09 AM »
February 27, 2019

Like father, like son. Apollo and Aleister.

Little Nebula has made her entry. Apollo is the father of five children now.

The family is gathered. Apollo, Kassie, Aleister, Olliver, Calliope and Luna.

Aleister has decided that Larry Gandillon is the one for him. Ever since Larry, who is innapproriate, yelled at him when he was a teen, he hasn't been able to get him out of his head. They are married now and live in their own home.

Bill Misfit the paparazzi, whom I had Apollo turn into a mummy, apparently lost his wrapped guise, but is still walking around in this fashion.

Finally, Hank and Calliope become old enough to be together like they were destined to.

She will soon become Mrs. Hank Gandillon.

Apollo with little Nebula. He is starting to get wishes to become a grandfather.

Luna aged up to a teenager. She is insane, but I feel that is because she was born while there was a full moon.

Nebula as a toddler before I touched her. I believe this is an "Apollo-daughter".

Kassie with Nebula. Although her name is spelled with a 'k', I pretend it to be short for Cassiopeia. That is why the names of her daughters represent celestial elements.

Luna has her father's big eyes and cheekbones.

I aged up Calliope and Hank, got them married and moved them into their own home.

I forgot to mention that I cured Calliope of genie-ism. Didn't want any genetic mess when she starts having kids. She is a Kassie-clone!

And she also won this eating contest - mwah!

Hank and Larry had father-to-son greeting in werewolf style.

Larry-dad still won. Aleister must be swooning nearby.

The last wish Apollo had before I logged out was to install Bonehilda and to hire a maid.  I got him both, but the maid vanished after seeing her skeletal competition.

Offline Nindigo

• Alvi Matriarch
  • Watcher
Re: Greetings from Kassie (Feb 28)
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2019, 01:58:29 PM »
February 28, 2019
Small update.

Calliope and new Kassie. Was Apollo even necessary? I could've just cloned Kassie.

Hankman and son, Louie. Apollo's dyed hair is really dominant, I'd say. Both of Louie's parents were dark-haired when he was conceived.

Little rascal, just like his father used to be. He clearly has Hank's face. Oh, and he's a werewolf too.

Mom and dad are very happy together.

Spotted Aleister being all graceful on the skating rink.

Ollie is hard at work to become a world renowned surgeon. When he's not fooling around with facepaint.

Luna Bloom as a young adult. The hairstyle is from the store world Midnight Hollow.

Offline Nindigo

• Alvi Matriarch
  • Watcher
Re: Greetings from Kassie & Co. (March 3)
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2019, 06:19:54 PM »
March 3, 2019

Small Update:
Luna Bloom is her own woman now having moved out from her parents' place. She lives next door to her older brothers, Aleister and Oliver, now over at Lupine Lane. She has befriended a crow named Russell. Furthermore, she has taken up the Ghost Hunter profession. I'm going to be following Luna's life for a time.

Luna is socializing with her new feathered friend. Crows are uncommon large birds.

Luna has just received a reward from the town council for her ghost hunting efforts.

Offline Nindigo

• Alvi Matriarch
  • Watcher
Re: Greetings from the Bloom Family
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2019, 07:43:03 AM »
March 4, 2019

Nebula Bloom, almost the spitting image of her father Apollo, as a young adult and having a blast in the future.

Apollo and his grandchild, Louie Gandillon.

anything