Author Topic: Take This Challenge...It's a Steal!  (Read 2891 times)

Offline Tynynounours

• Occult
Re: Take This Challenge...It's a Steal!
« Reply #50 on: October 01, 2018, 11:29:30 AM »
Congratulations to all.

Online coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #51 on: October 01, 2018, 12:27:09 PM »
You're welcome Glazeylady.  Great and detailed strategy!  I didn't realize that the Goths had two $15,000 violins 8).  I did get Cassandra's violin by playing the piano in that area, and she'd come up and play her violin, and then, leave it unattended.
Sul! Sul!
My Origin ID is Coolsim9999999 --- so you can find my stuff. 

My SwapShop Page

Happy Simming :)!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline GlazeyLady

• Challenge Board Moderator
  • Occult
  • I'm not home alone.á My sims are all here.
« Reply #52 on: October 01, 2018, 06:51:00 PM »
You're welcome Glazeylady.  Great and detailed strategy!  I didn't realize that the Goths had two $15,000 violins 8).  I did get Cassandra's violin by playing the piano in that area, and she'd come up and play her violin, and then, leave it unattended.

The Goths don't have two violins - only one.  When my sim came home with two, both saying they were from the Goths, I started experimenting and trying to figure out how that happened.  There were multiple times, in practice and in the challenge game, when my sim "acquired" something on her own, and then was still able to steal it when I told her to - like when she got two Suits of Armor from the museum in Oasis Springs, even though there's really only one there. 

I'm really interested to know if anyone else had this happen - it only occurred for me when I let my sim wander unwatched, in an active club event with "Steal Objects" as a club activity.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #53 on: October 01, 2018, 06:53:55 PM »

The Goths don't have two violins - only one.  When my sim came home with two, both saying they were from the Goths, I started experimenting and trying to figure out how that happened.  There were multiple times, in practice and in the challenge game, when my sim "acquired" something on her own, and then was still able to steal it when I told her to - like when she got two Suits of Armor from the museum in Oasis Springs, even though there's really only one there. 

I'm really interested to know if anyone else had this happen - it only occurred for me when I let my sim wander unwatched, in an active club event with "Steal Objects" as a club activity.

Yeah, then it sounds as if the club activity has a chance of duping something you swipe. Wow. That is amazing. I had no clue.

Offline GlazeyLady

• Occult
« Reply #54 on: October 01, 2018, 09:05:42 PM »

Yeah, then it sounds as if the club activity has a chance of duping something you swipe. Wow. That is amazing. I had no clue.

I don't think it's duplicating what you steal, because often it was items that I didn't tell her to steal, so she only ended up with 1 of them in her inventory.  I think it just lets them swipe something as long as it's on the lot - for example, she swiped a chair from Springscape that was worth about $300.  I didn't tell her to swipe one of those, and she only had the one in her inventory.  It does seem to be limited to items that are actually on the lot though.

The weird thing is, there seems to be two different things going on:
1 - sometimes the item is a variation of the one on the lot (like the different frame colors and the different colors of the Suit of Armor) and the one on the lot is still there - the game recognizes it as happened but it didn't really happen - like when your sim gets a "phone call" from a sim, but that sim is actually on your lot and not on the phone or when you get a message that your sim swiped something, and the sim is at school (which isn't actually a lot and therefore has no items for stealing).
2 - sometimes the sim actually takes the item and it is gone (like the Blooming Beauty wall painting in the screenshot below).
 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

This is the kind of thing that really bugs me when I can't figure it out.  :D  It's times like this that I wish I could look in the code and see what's really going on.

Online coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #55 on: October 01, 2018, 09:14:15 PM »
I love your Sim's costume/outfit Glazeylady!  I thought the Goth's only had 1 violin.  Thanks for clarifying that.  Your explanation of that and picture with writing to explain stuff is really awesome 8).
Sul! Sul!
My Origin ID is Coolsim9999999 --- so you can find my stuff. 

My SwapShop Page

Happy Simming :)!

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Watcher
« Reply #56 on: October 02, 2018, 04:05:26 AM »
Just like GlazeyLady I found that a club could help you get more steals, but uhh was I bad not to follow my sim around and not watch her ;)

Then I just tried to go to each household, and lot where I knew there where valuable items and swipe what I could.
I had no time for testing this challenge, so I am rather amazed about the high score I got.

Congrats on the win @GlazeyLady

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline GlazeyLady

• Occult
« Reply #57 on: October 02, 2018, 09:34:39 PM »
Thanks @LenaLJ!

I prefer to think my sim appreciated the opportunity to wander unwatched, and rewarded me with extra stolen goodies!   ;)

anything