Author Topic: The Honeyheart Short Dynasty  (Read 2169 times)

Offline amaranthin

• Occult
Re: The Honeyheart Short Dynasty
« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2018, 04:56:17 PM »
Chapter 24 – April Showers, Zombie Devours

Zinnia goes into labor right on schedule and gives birth to her second child––a daughter named Daisy.

Screenshot-2.jpg

Remember that girl we saw outside the school last chapter? The grumpy-looking girl with the pigtails? She has now aged up to teenager, and it’s time to have Minnow introduce himself to her officially.

Her name is April Hoppcraft. (Once again, the town is full of Hoppcrafts.) Minnow goes to April’s house to see if he can’t get hitched to her. I mean, ask her out on a date. It happens to be the night of the Full Moon, and...what the…???

Screenshot-3.jpg

April Hoppcraft is a zombie?!??!?

I’m very confused, and so is Minnow. There’s another zombie walking around the house, too––evidently some semi-distant relation of April’s, since they have different last names––and poor Minnow just stands there like, “Help?”

Screenshot-4.jpg

After I cancel the “Zombie attack!” action from Minnow’s queue (it’s so helpful and unrealistic that we can do that), he and April settle down to do their homework as if nothing is weird or wrong.

Fortune is on our side tonight, people! As it happens, April’s mother, Joann, is throwing a party here tonight. And guess who she invited? Cedar.

Screenshot-6.jpg

It’s Uncle Cedar to the rescue! After rifling through all the chests and shelves in the house (there are quite a few), he finds one last Cure Elixir leftover from the days of Carmella. Then he rushes across town on his trusty flying vacuum and bursts through the Hoppcrafts’ front door.

“You stop right there, Miss Zombie!”

Screenshot-9.jpg

*SMASH*

Thank you, Cedar! That takes care of that problem. I admit I got really confused and scared for a little while, before I remembered that we might have an elixir hiding somewhere that could cure April’s zombieness. Phew!

With that taken care of, Minnow is finally free to talk to April properly. He asks her about her relationship status and discovers that not only is she single, she’s a compatible star sign with Minnow! Even more importantly, she laughs at Minnow’s jokes. I think we have a winner.

Screenshot-10.jpg

Just as the two of them start to flirt, April’s mother decides to up and die in the bathroom.

Screenshot-12.jpg

All the guests at the party promptly launch into a mass chorus of shouting about routing issues, because nobody can fit into the bathroom to mourn her. It’s chaos. Amid the chaos, Minnow autonomously goes over and scoops up April’s baby nephew, who desperately needs a diaper change. What a sweet boy Minnow is.

Screenshot-13.jpg

Once the chaos dies down a little bit, April disappears. Minnow finds her in an upstairs bedroom, where he tries to comfort her.

Screenshot-15.jpg

And tells her how he feels about her. Turns out first kisses can be very comforting indeed.

Screenshot-18.jpg

So Minnow and April are going steady. Minnow heads home to meet his new baby sister, who arrived while he was out.

Screenshot-20.jpg

Is this kid going to be a good dad one day, or is this kid going to be a good dad one day? (And by “one day”, I mean in like four days.)

Next, a series of birthdays. Zinnia ages up to elder––where else?––by a large body of water, shortly after catching her first Fairy Damsel.

Screenshot-22.jpg

Then it’s Daisy’s turn.

Screenshot-23.jpg

What an...interesting little creature! Daisy is cute, in a slightly, uh, troll-like manner. Or something. She got a fantastic combo of traits: Insane and Neurotic. We are in for a fun ride with this little lady! Her favorite things are Egyptian music, Firecracker Tofu (!), and Spice Brown.

Screenshot-24.jpg

There is something oddly cute about Daisy. Especially when she’s hiding in the toybox, and not screaming or pouting.

Screenshot-26.jpg

She screams and pouts a lot.

Screenshot-31.jpg

There is something a little bit off about her, though. For instance, she doesn’t think Minnow’s attack of the claw is very scary. She just looks up at his hand like “Hmm. This amuses me.”

Screenshot-33.jpg

We’ll just have to wait and see how this girl turns out as she grows older.

Speaking of growing older...Raymond is growing older.

Screenshot-35.jpg

And with one last plate of French Toast, he maxes out his cooking skill. I honestly didn’t think he was going to make it to level 10. Congrats, Raymond!

Screenshot-37.jpg

Afterwards, Raymond promptly sits down in the rocking chair and stares fearfully into the middle distance.

Screenshot-38.jpg

“I’m never going near a stove again.”

Well, you don’t need to, buddy. You’ve done well.

Minnow’s young adult birthday rolls around, and since it just so happens to coincide with April’s birthday (totally by chance, not planned at all), Minnow invites her over so they can celebrate together.

Screenshot-39.jpg

April is not fooled at all. “I know what you’re up to, bucko.”

I don’t think I want to know what this girl is wishing for. I haven’t told you her traits yet, have I?

Screenshot-40.jpg

Minnow follows with a big sneeze that also happens to extinguish his candles. Two birds, one stone.

Screenshot-42.jpg

Here is our handsome fellow. Minnow is, like, Hickory-level hot. I’m just saying. (Well, almost. Hickory remains my favorite male Honeyheart in terms of hotness. Although Alfie was pretty attractive as well. And Gabe…)

Screenshot.jpg

Minnow’s final traits: Light Sleeper, Loves the Outdoors, Artistic, Good Sense of Humor, and Nurturing. (Of course he got Nurturing. The man’s a natural with the little ones.) His never-to-be-achieved LTW is Master of the Arts.

April also joins the household upon aging up, of course. She chops off her hair and looks quite radiant in a pixie cut.

Screenshot-47.jpg

April’s traits: Couch Potato, Good, Proper, Frugal, and Mean Spirited. Yup, Mean Spirited. So far, she hasn’t shown too much of her mean side. I’m trusting her to keep it under control for the sake of the dynasty. April’s favorites are Latin music, Spaghetti, and Aqua.

Next time, we’ll get April and Minnow hitched for real. See ya then!

Offline amaranthin

• Occult
« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2018, 01:48:24 PM »
Chapter 25 – Balloons Are Bad

It’s been a while since we’ve checked in with the Honeyhearts! Let’s see what they’re up to, eh?

Zinnia is an elder now and still spends her days fishing. Apparently in the dark. With her grey hair acting as a gentle light source.

Screenshot-2.jpg

Cedar, also an elder, spends his days watering the plants and his nights stealing stuff around town.

Screenshot-8.jpg

Minnow and April are newly-minted young adults and just want to be all over each other. Even when there’s a ghost in the room.

Screenshot-3.jpg

Minnow isn’t a Coward like his father––he doesn’t mind the presence of his dead grandfather in the room when he’s asking his girlfriend to marry him. If anything, it adds to the significance of the moment.

Screenshot-5.jpg

How could April refuse such a very shiny rock?

Screenshot-6.jpg

Now that she’s a member of the household, April has to start working towards earning a point for the Dynasty. Her LTW is Professional Author, for some reason, but since she’s already at level 5 of the guitar skill (and level zero of the writing skill), I think we’ll take the guitar route.

Screenshot-10.jpg

So even though we haven’t socialized with anyone outside the family in, like, decades and I don’t know who any of the people around town are anymore, we’re gonna have a wedding party!

Raymond is not excited about the wedding party. He takes one look at a balloon and practically has a temper tantrum. Poor Raymond is having a hard time in his old age, I think. It’s like he has a hidden Grumpy trait.

Screenshot-11.jpg

The guest list is about half fairies, because a lot of our acquaintances and distant relations are fairies. Also, now that I’m looking at this photo again, our wedding looks incredibly sparse. Like...there’s nobody here.

Screenshot-12.jpg

That’s okay. April and Minnow don’t need a big audience when they declare their love to each other.

Screenshot-15.jpg

Raymond’s mother shows up fashionably late in all her golden ghostly glory and spends the ceremony loudly booing Zinnia. Possibly because Zinnia chose to wear her swimsuit to her own son’s wedding. I guess Raymond’s mother has a point?

Screenshot-17.jpg

Congrats, Minnow and April!

Screenshot-20.jpg

Nobody looks very excited for cake, except for Uncle Cedar (on the far right in the back).

Screenshot-24.jpg

Once cake is served, April heads right for the bar that’s been set up and starts making drinks for everybody. Her mixology is very acrobatic in style––see how she hyperextends her knee as she pours? That’s a key part of the presentation. This particular drink is called the Elastigimlet.

Screenshot-26.jpg

As the guests start drifting towards the dance floor, Raymond surrounds himself with many unfinished and untouched slices of wedding cake and gets to work. Perhaps the looming inevitability of death is causing Raymond to lose it a little bit.

Screenshot-31.jpg

The newly married couple boogies down as it starts to get dark. I like how this picture is fringed with fairy wings. This whole party, really, is sort of fringed with fairy wings.

Screenshot-33.jpg

The wedding is a successful party, even though it does seem quite small in terms of attendance. April and Minnow are just happy to be married and enjoy their day immensely, which is the most important thing.

Screenshot-34.jpg

Eventually, the newlyweds retire to their bedchamber for a quiet night alone. Minnow is really blending in with his bedding there, isn’t he?

Screenshot-38.jpg

Daisy, who naps through the entire wedding, wakes up just in time to have her child birthday.

Screenshot-37.jpg

Here she is as a child. She rolls the Unlucky trait, because Insane and Neurotic apparently aren’t bad enough.

Screenshot-40.jpg

Life quickly falls into a routine post-wedding. Minnow dotes on his baby sister, even reading her to sleep some nights. Like I've been saying...Minnow is born to be a dad.

Screenshot-41.jpg

Did I forget to mention in the last chapter that April is a witch? I think I did. Well, APRIL IS A WITCH. She quickly gets to work on her magical abilities. It’s a shame that townie witches don’t gain magical skill autonomously. She’s basically starting from scratch. At least she has Carmella’s old crystal wand to make things move along faster (perks of marrying into an ancient dynasty family).

Screenshot-44.jpg

April also spends a lot of time playing guitar downtown. I keep forgetting that we are allowed to make money in any way we choose in this dynasty (I’m so used to the Middlemiss Random Legacy, in which income is strictly limited to the random careers rolled for each generation). May as well make a few extra bucks while gaining some skill. (Not that there's ever anybody out at the park in Moonlight Falls. Everybody seems to hang out at the school instead. Just a weird thing I've noticed. We'll have to take April there next time.)

Screenshot-46.jpg

Minnow continues to paint. He’s a little behind where I want him to be in terms of skill––perhaps I spent more time having him chase April than I realized. From here on out, he’ll be chained to his easel, as promised during his childhood. At least he seems to enjoy himself.

Screenshot-49.jpg

When he’s not being a grumpy, fearful old man, Raymond is still a very loving husband to Zinnia. Now that these two have earned their respective points, they’re pretty much free to do whatever they want––which is usually romantic in nature.

Screenshot-47.jpg

Soon they’ll be busy helping to take care of a new member of the family, though…

Screenshot-50.jpg

Next time, we’ll say hey to Generation Seven of the Honeyhearts. See ya then!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline amaranthin

• Occult
« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2019, 05:25:58 PM »
Chapter 26 – Blooming

Daisy has a very normal childhood––for an Insane, Neurotic, Unlucky little girl.

She mimes being choked.

Screenshot.jpg

She stares intently into the souls of precious gems.

Screenshot-2.jpg

She participates in the zebra rodeo. (Zebrodeo?)

Screenshot-4.jpg

And she makes friends with butterflies. (Honestly, this is kind of adorable.)

Screenshot-6.jpg

And just like that, Daisy's childhood is over. Daisy has her teen birthday on the night of the full moon––and, of course, gets the “Lunacy” moodlet as a birthday gift from the universe. She also looks a little wild-eyed before the sparkles hit.

Screenshot-8.jpg

Screenshot-9.jpg

Here’s Daisy as a teenager. Since she seemed so fond of her hat as a child, I decided to give her a new one for her teen years. It’s kind of the ugliest hat ever, but I think she manages to make it look cute. She’s growing up to be prettier than I expected. I was worried for her, honestly. I mean...I’m still worried about her. Care to guess which trait she rolled?

Screenshot-12.jpg

You’ll never guess. It’s Flirty. Daisy is now an Insane, Neurotic, Unlucky Flirt. All the boys at Everglow Academy had better run and hide right now before she shows up at school tomorrow.

It’s time for another birthday. Actually, more like a day of birth.

I find April hanging out in the upstairs bedroom looking angrily at nothing. This is never a good sign.

Screenshot-15.jpg

Then it hits her.

Screenshot-18.jpg

“Ooooh, there it is! Oooh dear! Oooh that hurts!”

A few struggle-filled hours later, April displays the telltale rabbit face that always means the baby is coming right now I mean RIGHT NOW.

Screenshot-19.jpg

And she gives birth to a baby girl named Fern.

Screenshot-20.jpg

In spite of her Mean Spiritedness, April seems pretty okay with motherhood, all in all. I catch her looking at me like this more than once in the early days of Fern’s life. Like she’s saying, “You know, this isn’t so bad.”

Screenshot-26.jpg

Cedar isn’t so sure about great-unclehood, though. Even though he’s the Family Oriented one.

Screenshot-22.jpg

“I’m just going to sit here until she cries, and then I’m going to put her in the crib and I’m going to go elsewhere.”

Here’s a snapshot of a very normal day in the Honeyheart household. Daisy, wearing her bathing suit and sunglasses, eats very old birthday cake with the ghost of her Great-Great-Uncle Glen while her brother Minnow paints in the background. Actually, it looks like Daisy is just jamming her fork tines into her upper gumline. Ouch.

Screenshot-24.jpg

Now that Fern is born, April and Minnow wonder if they should start working on another child. April puts in her two cents via a special serenade for her husband.

Screenshot-27.jpg

It’s when Minnow is swooning over the serenade that I notice how SEVERELY SCREWED UP HIS MOUTH IS.

Screenshot-29.jpg

Anyway, the two of them find themselves overwhelmed with lovey feelings as a result of April’s serenading. Uncle Cedar holds the baby while they share a romantic moment.

Screenshot-30.jpg

“Go ahead, you kids do your thing. I’ll just sit here holding the baby until I die.”

Minnow and April are happy to oblige.

Screenshot-31.jpg

Speaking of dying...I’m getting a little nervous for this household. We currently have three elders, all with maxed age bars. All three of them do have to die sometime. I don’t know whether it’d be worse if they all went at once or if they spread themselves out. I guess the latter would be worse, because then the mourning moodlets would last for days and days and possibly, like, an entire generation. Also three deaths in one day would be really, really epic. But do I dare hope for that?

Before any of that happens, though, it’s time for a very important birthday!

Screenshot-32.jpg

I struggled to caption the above photo properly, so you’ll just have to enjoy it for yourself. I particularly like Daisy’s and April’s facial expressions.

Here's our Generation Seven heir! Fern turns out to be a beautiful mix of her parents, with Minnow’s hair and skin color and April’s eyes and facial structure.

Screenshot-33.jpg

This little beauty is Disciplined and Neurotic, and her favorite things are Soul music, Mac and Cheese, and Irish Green. Next time, we'll see her take the world by storm. Stay tuned!

Offline amaranthin

• Occult
« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2019, 02:31:30 PM »
Chapter 27 – Signs of Life

Okay, it’s been a while! But we’re back.

As I mentioned last time, we have three elders at the start of this chapter, all of whom are overdue to kick the bucket. Cedar is the first to take the fall, on a chilly evening when he’s outside playing Gnubb (one of his favorite pastimes).

Screenshot-8.jpg

Cedar lived a good life, helping to raise a generation of Honeyhearts, keeping the family garden beautiful, and stealing a lot of cars. Go steal the cars of heaven, bud. You will be missed.

Screenshot-11.jpg

Zinnia follows soon after, at the ripe old age of 31. I almost miss it because the camera pan glitches out halfway through, but fortunately the scary death music is loud enough to make me realize what’s happening. I get back to the house just in time to watch her beg Grim for another chance. :(

Screenshot-6.jpg

April misses the passing of her mother-in-law due to being across town playing guitar for tips at the school, observed by a phantom pair of fairy wings. (The phantom fairy wings tip her over 50 simoleons, so that’s nice.)

Screenshot-11.jpg

Raymond is at work and reaches level 10 just as he learns that his wife has passed away. It’s a bittersweet moment––he has achieved a lifelong dream, but no longer has his sweet Zinnia to share his happiness with.

Screenshot-13.jpg

Farewell, darling Zinnia.  I’ll miss you laughing and pointing at every birthday party, and joining you on your peaceful days and nights fishing. Rest in peace.

Screenshot-7.jpg

Amidst all this death, though, there are signs of life…

Screenshot-3.jpg

Yes, April is pregnant for a second time! I don’t know how Fern feels about getting a new little sibling. I’m not even sure how she feels about the attack of the claw.

Screenshot-22.jpg

Other signs of life: the endless stream of birthdays. Minnow becomes an Adult while playing in the sprinkler late at night.

Screenshot-21.jpg

And Daisy becomes a young adult at last.

Screenshot-12.jpg

Daisy acquires the Eco-Friendly trait, to be added to her Neurotic, Insane, Unlucky, and Flirty traits. She picks up the Heartbreaker LTW, because at the time I assumed it would be an easy goal to accomplish during a short lifespan. HA HA.

Screenshot-13.jpg

I get Daisy started on her heartbreaking right away. There aren’t a whole lot of single sims in town thanks to Story Progression, but she manages to track down an elderly gentleman who’s recently been widowed and woos him with some flowers.

Screenshot-3.jpg

Poor Armando Younan enjoys a long afternoon of romance with a charming young lady in a hat, until she rips his heart out at dusk and tells him she no longer wants to be his girlfriend. Poor guy. He could die tomorrow, and now he REALLY has no one.

Screenshot-6.jpg

That night, Fern ages up to child with the evilest little laugh pre-sparkles.

Screenshot-11.jpg

Despite that bad omen, she acquires the Good trait.

Screenshot-12.jpg

April gives birth to another daughter soon after. Meet Lilac, the newest Honeyheart––and the first witch we’ve had born into the family since...Gabe? Has it really been that long?

Screenshot-13.jpg

It’s around this time that I took a long-ish hiatus from playing the Honeyhearts. After a while (a couple months ago now), I attempted to rekindle my interest in the Honeyhearts by installing Pets, which I had never played with before. Did it work? We’ll just have to see.

At any rate, if anyone’s excited for the sudden appearance of animals in Moonlight Falls, it’s Daisy. She spots a guy acting feral outside the spa (or somewhere) and immediately goes “DOG! DOG!” and runs over to pet him. Feral guy, at least, is polite enough to let her have her fun.

Screenshot-14.jpg

In hopes of meeting some new friends (and attracting a potential family pet), the Honeyhearts install some special gnomes on the front porch. Fern shows her support for this endeavor by doing her homework out there. Somehow I suspect that’s going to do more harm than good, Fern.

Screenshot-16.jpg

April has her adult birthday a couple days after her husband.

Screenshot-21.jpg

And then it’s baby Lilac’s turn. She’s another perfect blend of her parents, though I can’t help but wish she’d gotten the reverse (April’s hair and Minnow’s face, or something). It might be hard to tell her and her sister apart when they’re older. In any case, Lilac is a Slob and a Heavy Sleeper, and her favorite things are Roots music, Falafel, and Irish Green (just like her sister...therefore I'm ignoring her favorite color, thank you).

Screenshot-24.jpg

And before long...DAISY FINDS A KITTEN. (Well, it’s possible that she purchases him from the shelter. I honestly don’t remember. What I do remember is being frustrated at the extreme lack of strays that responded to the gnome call.)

Screenshot-28.jpg

Everyone, meet Kip. Kip is Piggy, Skittish, and Destructive, making him pretty much the perfect companion for an Unlucky, Neurotic, and Insane gal like Daisy. Look at those little demon eyes. It’s like he’s plotting to eat her or something.

Screenshot-33.jpg

Kip’s first independent act as the official Honeyheart family pet is to tear this gnome to shreds. I think we can assume we know how he feels about the stray-attracting gnomes, too.

Screenshot-29.jpg

Hopefully Kip will get a little less vicious once he befriends the family a little bit. Right now, he just sort of hisses a lot. But awwww, look how happy Daisy is to have a companion! I think this girl was born an animal lover, even if she doesn’t have the trait. I’m excited to see this little friendship/dictatorship evolve.

Screenshot-30.jpg

Who’s the dictator? It’s up for debate.

Offline Trident

• Occult
« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2019, 01:36:38 AM »
This is a delight! I'm super invested to see how Daisy does. With that Disciplined trait, she could do another Martial Arts max? And I can't believe your luck, with TWO accidental deaths! Ugh!!! (I also can't believe your luck that Raymond actually maxed the Culinary career, congrats!) I'm really digging how the townie genetics mix.

I look forward to seeing more :)

Offline amaranthin

• Occult
« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2019, 06:54:16 PM »
Thanks Trident! I am planning to have Fern max Martial Arts, yes. It was pretty easy for Hickory to max back in generation three, so I'm looking forward to doing it again. (She might even get to max athletic for an extra point!) I'm so glad you're enjoying the Honeyhearts!

Offline amaranthin

• Occult
« Reply #31 on: May 04, 2019, 04:40:55 PM »
Chapter 28 – This May Come as a Shock To You

Look who’s making toys disappear! And cats, possibly…

Screenshot-38.jpg

Screenshot-39.jpg

Speaking of cats, look at this little cutie pie. Kip spends his first night in the household curled up like a blob on the floor and I can’t handle it. (I know, I know, the rest of the world flipped out over Pets, and then got over it, approximately eight years ago. I am not sorry.)

Screenshot-42.jpg

That night (or whatever night we’re on), Fern has her teen birthday before I realize she’s due for a birthday. I get to roll her trait, yay! I roll...Mean-Spirited, dang it.

Screenshot-44.jpg

Screenshot-46.jpg

So now our lovely heir shares two traits with her mother. Both Honeyheart ladies manage to be Good and Mean-Spirited at the same time. I guess they mean well, even if their execution tends to be questionable?

The next day starts out normally enough. Fern goes off to her first day of high school. Little Lilac gets busy with her disappearing toys. Kip runs about and hisses at the humans. Raymond takes care of the garden. Minnow paints. And Daisy fixes the appliances that her family members keep breaking, working to increase her handiness skill.

Until this happens.

Screenshot-50.jpg

How can someone whose life goal is to max handiness, and who is already at level 5 of the skill, die of electrocution?!

Screenshot-51.jpg

I guess you have to be Unlucky.

April is first to arrive on the scene, followed by the newest maid.

Screenshot-52.jpg

Maid: “Woo-hoo-hooo! Somebody HOT lives here!”

Poor Daisy. Grim arrives (though stays out of the room, as usual) and transforms Daisy’s crackling body into a pale yellow ghost on the floor.

Screenshot-58.jpg

Then he pulls her to her feet and starts...yelling at her?

Screenshot-62.jpg

Grim: “Oh, it’s YOU!”

Daisy: “Me?”

Screenshot-66.jpg

Grim: “Teehee! You silly child. You’re at what, level 5 handiness? How ironic!"

And to be brought back to life by Death itself because he finds your misfortunes amusing...I guess you also have to be Unlucky.

Screenshot-69.jpg

I’ve known about the Unlucky death perk for a while, but I’ve never actually experienced it in-game before, so it’s pretty exciting for me to witness. And if anyone deserves a second chance at life (especially after such an undeserved death), it’s Daisy.

Screenshot-72.jpg

“Hey man, thanks for the get-out-of-jail-free card! You won’t be sorry!”

Grim takes his leave in merry spirits. Maybe he knows he’ll be back soon enough to take Daisy for real. I mean, not that soon...but we ARE on the short lifespan.

I don’t think Daisy is going to waste any of her remaining time.

Screenshot-74.jpg

“Yay! I cheated death!”

Screenshot-78.jpg

“Hey Minnow, guess what! I just got killed and revived all in the span of five minutes!”

“Yeah, that wasn’t stressful at all. Congrats?”

Screenshot-82.jpg

“First I was like, Oh god, have I been struck by lightning? Then I felt all my limbs go numb, and then I felt like I was on fire! And then my vision went all splotchy, and then I fell over. And then I was standing up and Grim was LAUGHING at me! And then I––”

“I know, Daisy. I literally watched it all happen.”

Screenshot-79.jpg

“So...does that mean you wanna hear the story of my resurrection again?”

“NO!”

So, yes. Daisy dies and comes back to life and has way too much fun retelling the story to her big brother.
Anyway. Back to normalcy.

Normalcy is relative, of course. Fern doesn’t meet any boys at school that day, and we’re already well into crunch time for finding her a spouse. I spend the next day or so in-game scouring the town for eligible bachelors and come across some frustratingly limited options.

This first contender is a ghost, which I'm pretty sure makes him against the rules. He's a very pretty ghost, and for a while I tossed around the idea of scrounging up some ambrosia and bringing him to life...but again, we'd be toying with the rules pretty severely, and also our level 10 cook is ten days past his expiration date. So.

Screenshot-92.jpg

Master Controller tells me that there are a couple of other townie boys around Fern's age. Master Controller does NOT tell me that both of these boys are fairies.

Screenshot-3.jpg

Look at this boy's smouldering gaze. *sigh* I bet he would've made some beautiful Honeyheart babies.

Screenshot-4.jpg

And this guy, an actual human, seems to have potential...until Fern meets him in person and is unable to do any romantic interactions with him. Why? Because he's actually Raymond's half-brother, of course!

Screenshot-5.jpg

"Hey, you're pretty cute."

"Um, yeah, you're technically my grand-niece, so like, ew."

And that is all of our options exhausted, at least for now. Our last remaining hope lies in the possibility of child townies aging up in the next 24 hours.

Speaking of aging up...it's Lilac's birthday!

Screenshot-94.jpg

After an evil giggle of excitement, Lilac ages up into a Snob.

Screenshot-96.jpg

Next time, we’ll see some more birthdays, and hopefully complete the search for Fern's spouse. Is there anyone out there for her to love?!?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
« Reply #32 on: May 04, 2019, 05:34:33 PM »
Hey, amaranthin. I love reading this and your other story. You've got excellent humor and writing skills. Thanks for returning to the Honeyhearts :)
~ A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear ~
Origin ID: Nindigo79

Offline Trident

• Occult
« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2019, 09:55:29 PM »
Kip is so cute!! Oh, Daisy.....yikes. I'm glad EA gave us that Unlucky perk.

Offline mpart

• A Crazy
  • Immortal
  • The Labelles shall overtake!
« Reply #34 on: May 10, 2019, 09:36:35 PM »
I just binged read this in a few seatings! It's great!
I got to say, my favorite couple was Ida and Alfie, but Minnow and April are super adorable. I can't wait to see what is in store for Fern and I'm glad April didn't die. Having a sim have the unlucky trait is both exhausting and hilarious. XD

Offline amaranthin

• Occult
« Reply #35 on: May 11, 2019, 08:21:42 PM »
Hey, amaranthin. I love reading this and your other story. You've got excellent humor and writing skills. Thanks for returning to the Honeyhearts

Thank you so much, Nindigo! That means a lot. I'm so glad you're enjoying the stories. Honestly, I don't know why I stayed away from the Honeyhearts for so long. I guess I hit a dull spot, but now that I'm past that, I love playing (and writing about) them again.

Kip is so cute!! Oh, Daisy.....yikes. I'm glad EA gave us that Unlucky perk.

I know, right? It doesn't make a lot of sense to me, though...it's like the ultimate stroke of luck.

I just binged read this in a few seatings! It's great!
I got to say, my favorite couple was Ida and Alfie, but Minnow and April are super adorable. I can't wait to see what is in store for Fern and I'm glad April didn't die. Having a sim have the unlucky trait is both exhausting and hilarious. XD

Yay for binge reading! That's my favorite way to read stories on this forum. I'm honored that you've taken the time to read the whole story! Ida and Alfie were my favorites, too. Sometimes the best spouses are the hardest ones to find...or at least I've been telling myself that throughout this LENGTHY search process for Fern. :P

Offline amaranthin

• Occult
« Reply #36 on: May 11, 2019, 09:35:18 PM »
Chapter 29 -- Absolute Zero

The hunt for Fern’s spouse is perhaps the most challenging one yet. After a full day of MasterController snooping, family tree climbing, and a fair bit of actual in-game conversing to see who Fern likes, I come up empty-handed. The following day is Fern’s last day as a teenager. I start panicking. I start imagining Fern’s tragic future as the bride of some old geezer who kicks the bucket a day after the wedding. I wonder if we should have found a way to marry a fairy, or a ghost, or heck, a zombie from our own front yard. I imagine all kinds of delightful scenarios.

And then, the next morning, all my panic evaporates.

A couple of younger sims have their teen birthdays the night before. One of them happens to be two very important things––male, and human. I send Fern right over to meet him bright and early, and…

Screenshot-17.jpg

...it’s love at first sight. Or at least attraction.

Fern has met a lot of potential spouses who ended up NOT being potential spouses, and oddly enough, she was never attracted to any of them. Kelvin Morganthe is the first boy she’s expressed any real interest in. (I know his face doesn’t look like it, but I swear, every other second he’s with Fern, he looks like a little kid on Christmas morning. He’s probably nervous or something.)

See? Fern offers him a bouquet of flowers and he hides his face in them. He’s just nervous!

Screenshot-21.jpg

Things move along VERY quickly for these two. They’re not even past acquaintances yet when the option comes up to confess her attraction, and Fern jumps at the chance. Moments later, Fern plants her first kiss on a very lucky boy indeed.

Screenshot-22.jpg

With that (finally) settled, let’s check in with the rest of the family!

Kip the kitten is no longer a kitten. He experiences a very warp-y birthday and becomes a beautiful, fluffy grown-up cat.

Screenshot-9.jpg

Minnow also celebrates a birthday--his elder birthday. I think this is sad. April thinks it’s hilarious.

Screenshot-11.jpg

Lilac has a surprisingly fun and busy two-day childhood. She goes to school (like, one time), plays in the treehouse, learns to fish (during the .5 seconds in which I was planning to resurrect a ghost with ambrosia), presides over many royal courts, and gets a popsicle from the first ice cream truck I’ve ever spotted in Moonlight Falls.

Screenshot-29.jpg

Daisy, newly reborn and loving it, spends almost all her time playing with Kip. Her Lifetime Wish of having ten boyfriends has sort of fallen by the wayside...but there’ll be plenty of time when she’s an elder, right? That’s only like two relationships a day!

Screenshot-32.jpg

Speaking of boyfriends, now that Fern has one, she’s free to focus her last day as a teenager on learning her skill of choice: Martial Arts. She spends the afternoon swatting away at Hickory’s old wooden dummy, observed by a very confused Kip.

Screenshot-25.jpg

That night, it’s double birthday time. Both Lilac and Fern are becoming young women! Of slightly different ages, of course.

Lilac ages up in her queenly crown…

Screenshot-35.jpg

...and takes on the Perfectionist trait.

Screenshot-37.jpg

More importantly, though, Lilac is finally old enough to practice magic. She makes a terrifyingly beautiful witch.

Screenshot-40.jpg

Fern follows with a classic bathroom birthday.

Screenshot-42.jpg

Our lovely heir rolls a lovely trait: No Sense of Humor.  ??? This is a trait I have literally never played with, so I’m a little bit curious to see what it does. But also I’m not very curious, because um, I NEED humor in my life, please?

Screenshot-43.jpg

Anyway. The good news is that Fern actually has the option to choose Perfect Mind, Perfect Body as her Lifetime Wish. That means that if she maxes both Martial Arts and Athletic (which she should, since Hickory did so easily), she will earn not two, but THREE points for the challenge. Hurrah! Her final set of traits, by the way, is Disciplined, Neurotic, Good, Mean-Spirited, and No Sense of Humor.

The next morning, Fern rolls out of bed and immediately picks up the phone to call her honey.

Screenshot-49.jpg

Kelvin arrives on the lot just as the school bus pulls up to take Lilac to school. Kelvin would be getting on that bus, too, were it not for a mysteriously sudden birthday that strikes him for no apparent reason.

Screenshot-50.jpg

I forget why Fern is wandering around the yard in her nightie here, but...she is.

Screenshot-56.jpg

“Oh, there you are, Kelvin. I was worried you got on the bus by accident.”

“Got on the--what? Bust? I didn’t get on any--I mean, you have a nice--that is--”

“Don’t hurt yourself, babe. Let’s get you some better clothes, yeah?”

Screenshot-59.jpg

Kelvin does get some better clothes, and a crisper haircut. He has a nice set of traits--Slob, Insane, Brave, Genius, and Cat Person. His Lifetime Wish is to be an Alchemy Artisan, which means that--huzzah!--he has a purpose in life. He’ll be maxing alchemy, like so many Honeyhearts before him. He’s also currently employed as a Fortune Teller. I’d like to let him keep it, but we'll see how much it eats into his alchemy-practicing time.

Our two young lovers go on their first real date to Moonlight Point or whatever it's called, where Kelvin can’t wait another second to propose to Fern.

Screenshot-61.jpg

“Kelvin, what are you doing?! I’m supposed to propose to YOU! Now I’m going to have to take YOUR last name!”

“Yeah, but the Watcher isn’t going to remember that until after we’re married, so this is how it’s gotta be.”

Screenshot-63.jpg

“Fern Honeyheart, will you do me the honor of becoming my Mrs. Morganthe?”

“Until we go down to City Hall and get our names changed to Honeyheart, yes.”

Fern and Kelvin have a quick private wedding right there on the mountaintop.

Screenshot-66.jpg

Ahh, nothing like a nose/chin makeout to finish a perfect wedding. Congratulations, Mr. and Mrs. Morganthe-For-Now!

Screenshot-70.jpg

The newlyweds race back up the very long, very windy hill path and return to the Honeyheart homestead…

Screenshot-72.jpg

...where they enjoy a very happy woohoo as husband and wife.

Screenshot-75.jpg

Big things are happening in the next chapter. Stay tuned!

Offline mpart

• A Crazy
  • Immortal
« Reply #37 on: May 11, 2019, 10:14:20 PM »
Man, every time I read one of your chapters I want to try the short dynasty challenge again. It would only be my fifth try. XD

Fern and Kelvin are so cute together! I'm so happy everything worked out for Fern. The struggle of trying to find a spouse for heirs is real.

Offline Trident

• Occult
« Reply #38 on: May 13, 2019, 10:50:32 PM »
Daisy looks lovely! Between her and Kelvin, that baby is going to have one very square jaw.

Like mpart said, every time I read an update, I get an itch to try a short dynasty. Hmm.....

Offline amaranthin

• Occult
« Reply #39 on: May 19, 2019, 05:24:24 PM »
You guys should totally do short dynasties! I'm having a lot of fun with this one, and I'd love to read more people's stories. :)

Offline amaranthin

• Occult
« Reply #40 on: May 19, 2019, 05:33:32 PM »
Chapter 30 - Cribs & Cats

After their private hilltop-overlooking-the-beach wedding, Kelvin and Fern decide to get started on the next generation.

Screenshot-74.jpg

Screenshot-76.jpg

Speaking of expanding the family...since Kelvin is a Cat Person, it’s only sensible that we get him his very own kitty. He picks out a very pretty kitten named Zelda who, in retrospect, looks waaaay too much like Kip. This is going to be confusing.

Screenshot-77.jpg

Look at this gorgeous little nugget, though! Zelda’s only trait so far is Friendly, which is in definite contrast to Kip’s Piggy, Skittish, and Destructive traits.

Screenshot-78.jpg

Zelda, sensing another cat’s presence in her new household, takes shelter in the safety of her private fish mouth, where she lies in wait for Kip to appear.

Screenshot-79.jpg

When he does, she ventures out to get acquainted. Will they get along?

Screenshot-80.jpg

Oh, WILL they! These two hit it off quite splendidly for such different cats.

Screenshot-81.jpg

In other news, April has been making steady progress with her guitar skill. She’s very good at ignoring her sister-in-law’s ridiculing throughout her practice.

Screenshot-83.jpg

In the end, though, it isn’t Daisy who witnesses April maxing out the skill--it’s Ida.

Screenshot-84.jpg

This particular ghost goes for a...uh...different sort of booing.

Screenshot-86.jpg

Ida: “Boooo! I thought this was supposed to be MUSIC! BOOOOO!”

At this point, I spontaneously decide to renovate the Honeyheart house. And by “renovate”, I mean “demolish and completely start from scratch”. Yes, we’re in the middle of a generation, kind of; yes, we have a full household with a lot going on; no, it doesn’t make a lot of sense to do this now. But we’re doing it now. Because I FEEL like it.

I confess I was a tiny bit sad to demolish the old house, since it stayed the same for almost eight generations. But then again...it stayed the same for almost eight generations. That’s a really long time to see the same thing every time I open the game, and I’m not very good at small renovations. So I decided to just start fresh.

Here’s a shot of the newly renovated lot. I actually made these changes a couple of real-life weeks ago, and I’m really questioning my choice of the greenish bricks around the lower half of the house. Even so, I’m happy with the landscaping I added (I know, I did landscaping! Me!), if nothing else.

Screenshot-88.jpg

Here’s the front of the house. Again, why the green brick, exactly…?

Screenshot-89.jpg

Here’s the lower floor of the house…

Screenshot-91.jpg

...and the upper floor…

Screenshot-92.jpg

...and the pregnant lady vomiting in the bathroom. Oh, sorry, that’s not part of the tour.

Screenshot-93.jpg

Kelvin’s Lifetime Wish is to be an Alchemy Artisan. He’ll be the third Honeyheart to (hopefully) earn a point by maxing alchemy. He gets started right away and picks up the skill quickly.

Screenshot-94.jpg

Minnow, who has recently become an elder, spends all his time painting and rocking in one of the house’s many rockers. On the day his life bar maxes out, he also reaches level 10 of the skill. Congrats, Minnow!

Screenshot-96.jpg

Screenshot-98.jpg

April’s elder birthday hits her when she’s outside in the near-dark. Thank goodness for the birthday sparkles. (April’s two pregnancies bought her a lot of extra time, so she’s several days behind her husband now.)

Screenshot-3.jpg

That same night, Lilac becomes a young adult.

Screenshot-6.jpg

Screenshot-7.jpg

Lilac's final set of traits: Heavy Sleeper, Slob, Snob, Perfectionist, and Animal Lover. She picks up the Zoologist LTW. Our full house is going to be even fuller!

As Fern’s pregnant belly grows, so does her Martial Arts skill--veeerrrryyy sloooowwwwly. At least, it sure seems like meditating is the slowest way to increase the skill. Fern spends most of her pregnancy on another plane of consciousness and only earns one point. *sigh*

Screenshot-8.jpg

Zelda ages up soon after joining the family and selects the tippy-top of the cat condo as her preferred sleeping spot. I still can’t get over how cute these cats look when they’re all curled up and floopy.

Screenshot-9.jpg

See? SEE?! I have about nine screenshots of these two sleeping in the cat condo. I think you know why.

Screenshot-10.jpg

Yes, things are moving steadily along for the Honeyhearts. In the rare moments when everyone in the household is asleep, Zinnia keeps peaceful watch from our zen-ful new lofty thing in the upstairs hallway.

Screenshot-11.jpg

Next time, we’ll meet the heir for Generation Eight!

Offline mpart

• A Crazy
  • Immortal
« Reply #41 on: May 19, 2019, 07:18:32 PM »
You've definitely inspired me to give the short dynasty challenge another shot!   :)

Little Zelda is so adorable! She's absolutely precious.
The house looks great! I think the green goes well with the white siding and landscaping, but that's just my opinion.  ;D
I'm excited to see what generation eight will be like.

Offline Trident

• Occult
« Reply #42 on: May 20, 2019, 11:53:34 AM »
Zelda is SO cute. Of course there's another alchemist. Maybe it's something about Moonlight Falls that gets them to roll the wish. The landscaping looks lovely!!

Wow, eight generations already....if this was an immortal dynasty, you'd probably be on like, generation two :V!

Offline amaranthin

• Occult
« Reply #44 on: June 16, 2019, 04:34:25 PM »
So sorry for the late replies, everyone! I am working on getting caught up on this story, as I have a lot of screenshots to go through from the past few weeks. New chapters will be up shortly. :)

You've definitely inspired me to give the short dynasty challenge another shot!   

Little Zelda is so adorable! She's absolutely precious.
The house looks great! I think the green goes well with the white siding and landscaping, but that's just my opinion.   
I'm excited to see what generation eight will be like.

Yay! I love your short dynasty so far. I hope you have fun with it.

And thank you! I'm glad someone else agrees with past me on the green brickwork. :)

Generation Eight coming right up!

Zelda is SO cute. Of course there's another alchemist. Maybe it's something about Moonlight Falls that gets them to roll the wish. The landscaping looks lovely!!

Wow, eight generations already....if this was an immortal dynasty, you'd probably be on like, generation two :V!

Yes, alchemy is a very popular skill for this family (the only family I've ever played in Moonlight Falls, so maybe you're right about the town being the reason!). That's one of the reasons I love playing in MF. The whole mood and feel is just so magical and spooky.

I know, that's crazy to think about. The short lifespan maxes out at about 27 days, which is like a third of what the normal lifespan is. :o

Rocking chairs! A perfect way to corral ghosts.

I never thought of it that way, but you are absolutely right!

Offline amaranthin

• Occult
« Reply #45 on: June 16, 2019, 04:43:19 PM »
Chapter 31 - The End of Blue

Things are busy but happy in the Honeyheart household these days. The overall mood in the family is more pleasant than usual, I feel, largely because of the presence of two adorable cats.

Screenshot-12.jpg

Daisy and April are the most enthusiastic animal lovers. I’m not sure why April spends so much time with the cats--maybe her Mean-Spirited trait makes it hard for her to be around people? In any case, she seems pretty enchanted by Zelda in particular.

Screenshot-3.jpg

Kip and Zelda also get along well with each other. Better than I ever expected.

Screenshot-17.jpg

Screenshot-21.jpg

And yet, even with all their cuddling and nuzzling, I still find them having very dramatic battles in the garden sometimes.

Screenshot-31.jpg

Kelvin is settling into the family nicely. He pops a wish to learn the athletic skill soon after moving in, and takes the opportunity to slim down a bit on the treadmill.

Screenshot-32.jpg

The skilling continues at all hours of the day and night (the rocking chairs throw everybody’s sleep schedules off). Kelvin moves quickly through the lower levels of alchemy, while Minnow paints masterpiece after masterpiece as a level 10 painter.

Screenshot-16.jpg

And, yeah, the rocking chairs are popular as ever, especially for the older gentlemen of the house.

Screenshot-35.jpg

Raymond is still going strong at 42 days old, more than 13 days past when his life bar first filled. He’s lived longer than anyone else in this dynasty so far. He still goes to work at the Van Gould Merchant House & Cafe, where he’s been a Five-Star Chef for a third of his life. He still rides his bicycle home at night, smiling serenely as the lights of the town glint around him.

Screenshot-5.jpg

Fern spends much of her pregnancy practicing the art of zeneport. She enjoys zeneporting from the upstairs loft downstairs into the kitchen, where she scares the bejesus out of her family members. (Okay, I enjoy seeing her do it. We must remember, after all, that Fern has No Sense of Humor.)

Screenshot-22.jpg

When she’s not practicing magic or playing with the cats, our actual animal lover, Lilac, spends HOURS in front of the mirror in one of the upstairs bedrooms. I’ve never seen a Snobbish sim admire themselves so incessantly. Yes, Lilac, your bunny slippers are very cute, but I really need you to max out the magic skill before you die? Pretty please?

Screenshot.jpg

Okay, she also spends some time listening to the baby squirming around in her sister’s belly. But not very much.

Screenshot-33.jpg

And April and Minnow are as in love as ever, if you were wondering. They autonomously flirt and make out many times a day. I think they’re one of the cutest couples in this dynasty.

Screenshot-11.jpg

Fern goes into labor surrounded by a throng of screaming men. Why is it always the men that freak out? All the women continue doing whatever task they're doing and don't give Fern's moans of pain a second thought.

Screenshot-40.jpg

Kelvin takes Fern to the hospital, and a literal few seconds later, Fern pops out with a baby boy in her arms. Everyone, meet Cricket, our generation eight heir! (Don't worry, Fern's happier than she looks. She and Kelvin both wished for a boy. :) )

Screenshot-44.jpg

It’s not just Cricket’s birthday. At long last, it’s time for Daisy to become an old woman. Sorry, Daisy--it had to happen eventually.

Screenshot-7.jpg

When I go in to change Daisy’s outfits in CAS, I have trouble finding her old floppy beret, for some reason. So I give her a new hat and decide it looks pretty cute on her. A little more distinguished, perhaps.

Screenshot-10.jpg

Kelvin makes an adorable daddy and plays with Cricket constantly. I'm not worried about this baby's wellbeing at all--he's surrounded by a big, loving family and a daddy who makes (potentially dangerous) elixirs about ten feet away.

Screenshot-13.jpg

Well, almost constantly. Great Grandpa Raymond is just as attentive, if not more so.

Screenshot-16.jpg

Raymond is tucking little Cricket into his crib when death comes for him at last.

Screenshot-21.jpg

The family runs to say goodbye. The chorus of weeping is almost deafening. :( But hey, at least Grim made it into the room this time!

Screenshot-27.jpg

Zelda stands outside the room, looking in, wondering why she suddenly feels so sad. Even animals in The Sims seem to have an idea of what’s going on, even if they don’t fully understand it.

Screenshot-26.jpg

RIP, Raymond Honeyheart. As the longest living member of the Honeyheart family to date, you have achieved much, and will be missed greatly.

Screenshot-32.jpg

P.S. Thanks for the medium headstone. We’ll need that. ;)

Offline amaranthin

• Occult
« Reply #46 on: June 16, 2019, 06:42:08 PM »
Chapter 32 - What Do You Even Title A Chapter Like This

After the death of Raymond in the last chapter, there is a need for good news in this household. Fear not! There are TWO good newses.

The first good news is that Kip and Zelda have decided to take their relationship to the next level and share their first woohoo. Or, more specifically...their first Try For Kittens. Hooray! (April stands guard and pretends not to notice what is actually happening behind her.)

Screenshot-35.jpg

The second good news is that it’s Cricket’s first birthday! Ah, I love the short lifespan when it comes to infants. Because I hate playing through the infant stage. Sorry not sorry. (Also, if you’re wondering whether Kelvin is okay in this picture...I’m not sure. I am not sure at all.)

Screenshot-40.jpg

Cricket ages up with his mother’s eyes, his daddy’s facial structure (maybe), and his daddy’s hair color. He’s a cutie!

Screenshot-44.jpg

Cricket is Eccentric and Athletic, and his favorite things are country music, tofu dogs, and the color black.

The full moon rises that night. I’ve gotten to the point where I pretty much ignore the Weekly Backyard Zombie Apocalypse, but this time, I get to witness the answer to a question I never knew I had: WHAT HAPPENS WHEN A ZOMBIE BITES A GHOST?

Here’s the answer: pretty much the exact same thing that happens to a human. First, the ghost gets sucked oozily into the mud:

Screenshot-47.jpg

Then, the ghost rises again with a new hunchbacked posture:

Screenshot-48.jpg

And finally, the ghost makes its SCARIEST FACE and goes “Rawwrrrr!”

Screenshot-49.jpg

Yes, Alfie, you’re very scary. Good job. *applause*

For some reason, on this particular Weekly Backyard Zombie Apocalypse, I have a hard time keeping the family indoors (and the ghosts in their graves). They all pick this one day to have dinner outside, and then Kelvin and Daisy stay out long after everyone’s done eating. It's actually kind of aggravating. I will say, however, that Kelvin makes the cutest faces when a zombie gets to close to him. (I imagine these faces are accompanied by some high-pitched screaming.)

Screenshot-50.jpg

Screenshot-52.jpg

Ida comes out that same night to say hello to Kip and give him a nice brushing.

Screenshot-55.jpg

Lilac is becoming a well-practiced witch, but I realize around this time that she hasn’t actually cast a lot of spells in her life. Or...any. Because I’ve never played an accomplished witch before--and because I am so, so naïve--I decide to let her try out a love charm on her Aunt Daisy. Daisy still has to date nine more people before she accomplishes her LTW of being a Heartbreaker, so a love spell will probably help with that, right?

Screenshot-66.jpg

Kelvin knows what Lilac has done. Even before I do.

Screenshot-68.jpg

Kelvin: “I can’t believe you cast a love spell on your own aunt. You have no idea what you’ve just done!”

Lilac: “Mmm, don’t I?”

Well, either way...surely SOMEONE could have warned me about THIS:

Screenshot-71.jpg

So, uh...yeah. This is the moment when I learn that a love charm makes a sim fall for the very first person they talk to, regardless of who they are or whether they are family. Which, in this case, is Daisy’s sister-in-law April. :o

Naturally, other members of the family are a LITTLE freaked out at this occurance.

Screenshot-74.jpg

Fern: “I will fight. I am ready to fight. I will INCAPACITATE whoever caused this abomination to happen!”
Lilac: “It must have been an elixir. Or a potion. It was Kelvin. Yeah, it was Kelvin!”

My open-mouthed shock is briefly interrupted by the innocent Kelvin having his adult birthday in the next room.

Screenshot-77.jpg

Kelvin: “Whoops, I guess the horror that I’ve just seen has made me age a decade. *sigh*”

I check back in on the love charm disaster and find Fern and Lilac standing in the exact same place looking utterly perplexed.

Screenshot-78.jpg

Fern: “This is so screwed up.”
Lilac: “I don’t get it--did I cast it wrong? Maybe I can claim ignorance if they figure out it was magic. Wait a second, April’s a witch, maybe I could say it was her--”

I sit here for a little while, pretty perplexed myself about what to do. I try to tell myself that this isn’t that bad. I mean, it could be worse--Daisy could have fallen for one of her nieces, or her own brother. She and April aren’t technically blood relatives--just relatives by marriage. It’s not THAT messed up. Right?

Then I spend some time trying to figure out how to fix this. After all, April's a married woman, and her husband lives in this household! (It's Minnow. Remember Minnow? Yeah. Poor guy.)

Luckily, Daisy pretty much takes care of the situation herself. She starts mocking and insulting April moments after their first flirt interactions. You know, that Inappropriate trait comes in handy sometimes.

Screenshot-81.jpg

And April, being Mean-Spirited, is more than happy to shout right back.

Screenshot-83.jpg

April: “Hey! YOU’RE the one who kissed ME, smartypants. I just went along with it because my feelings and body were suddenly out of my control!”

At this moment, Daisy goes a bit out of character and bursts into tears. Is it an act? We’ll never know. But when Daisy goes to cry on April’s shoulder, April backs away apprehensively.

Screenshot-88.jpg

Daisy: *sniff* "I didn't MEAN to. I have this rule wherein I don't date buskers, but--"

Screenshot-89.jpg

April: “Okay first of all, that was a low blow. Second of all, this can’t be right. I’m married to Minnow, remember? I love Minnow! This doesn’t make any sense!”

Very astute, April. And someone else in this house has figured out that a mistake was made, and is about to try and make it right.

Screenshot-96.jpg

Lilac: “Hold still, Aunt Daisy. This will make things go back to normal, okay?”

Daisy: “What? Wait, how do I know you won’t just turn me into a t--”

*FWOOOSH*

Screenshot-97.jpg

“Aieeeee!”

So uh, yeah. That happens.

Daisy the Toad flees on her vacuum to who knows where, to cause who knows what mischief.

Screenshot-102.jpg

Next chapter: the adventures of Daisy the Toad.

Offline mpart

• A Crazy
  • Immortal
« Reply #47 on: June 17, 2019, 12:20:20 AM »
I absolutely adore the cats and are living for them.
Cricket is such a cute toddler! Just look at his little cheeks!

Ah, the evil of the love charm. I know that way, way too well. It could have been worse at least? I mean...it could have? Sims are weird. Oh and I have a tip for maxing out the spell casting skill! If you have two witches reach level three of the spell casting skill then you can just spam the dueling interaction nonstop until they max it. I found that's what works best. Best of luck to you and I loved the chapters!

Offline amaranthin

• Occult
« Reply #48 on: June 17, 2019, 02:59:12 PM »
I absolutely adore the cats and are living for them.
Cricket is such a cute toddler! Just look at his little cheeks!

Ah, the evil of the love charm. I know that way, way too well. It could have been worse at least? I mean...it could have? Sims are weird. Oh and I have a tip for maxing out the spell casting skill! If you have two witches reach level three of the spell casting skill then you can just spam the dueling interaction nonstop until they max it. I found that's what works best. Best of luck to you and I loved the chapters!

I'm pretty much living for the cats too. Don't worry, there is a lot more animal action in the future!

Oh my gosh, THANK YOU for the tip about spell casting! I realized that I actually don't know anything about the skill after the whole love charm fiasco happened. I've just been having Lilac "practice magic" all day every day, and it doesn't seem to get her anywhere (she's only at level 4 or 5 right now I think). I didn't even think of having Lilac and April work together. Thank you so much!

Offline Trident

• Occult
« Reply #49 on: June 18, 2019, 12:34:09 AM »
I am FASCINATED by the ghost zombies. Holy cow.

Ugh. Sims! How do they get into these messes?! At least Cricket it cute. Good luck with love spell shenanigans. I can't wait to see the kittens!

anything