Author Topic: Medical Career Baby Gender Testing  (Read 26952 times)

Aiwe

Medical Career Baby Gender Testing
« on: December 24, 2010, 01:22:08 PM »
In the Medical Career Guide it says

"Sims that reach the World Renowned Surgeon job will find they are able to determine the gender of a baby, and see if it's a boy or girl. It's not that useful however, because once Mom is pregnant the baby's gender is locked and you can't use fruit to change it."

This isn't actually true, the baby's gender can indeed be changed with fruit after the mother is visibly pregnant, the act of determining the gender is what locks it, there is a method of getting mixed gender twins or triplets that relies on these two facts. I didn't discover this method myself, I read it in someone's legacy blog and they got it from someone else and so on, but I have used it on multiple occasions and it works. What you do is avoid apples or watermelons entirely until the mother is visibly pregnant, then you get a level 5 or higher medical professional Sim to determine the gender (you can do this with uncontrolled medical Sims by having the mother ask them to determine the gender, but you have to watch for the pink or blue baby in the speech bubble because the game won't actually tell you), this locks the gender of the first baby to be born, however if you know your Sim is likely to have a multiple birth, you can now change the gender(s) of the second (and third) babies to be the opposite gender by eating the appropriate fruit.

How much more useful that makes the skill is of course dependent on how much you'd like to have boy / girl twins, but I thought I'd pass the information along.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: medical career baby gender testing
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2010, 01:24:53 PM »
Yeah I had read that trick from a Legacy I was reading back when the game first came out which stopped but I never got around to testing it, I tend to get a few Mixed Gender twins anyway and I don't get many Doctors!  ;)
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: Medical Career Baby Gender Testing
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2010, 03:21:21 PM »
Thomas, you've gotten mixed gender twins?  Do you have screenshots you can share?  I've got to test this.  I bet if you get the gender determined just as soon as possible, then start watching Kids TV non-stop while eating the opposite gender fruit, it could happen. 
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline CharlotteDaBookworm

• Occult
  • Call me Charlotte, Charlie or Char
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2010, 03:46:05 PM »
I found out about this a while ago, my sim gave birth to triplets 1 girl and 2 boys after the father said it was going to be a girl. Scared me to.

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2010, 04:08:03 PM »
Thomas, you've gotten mixed gender twins?  Do you have screenshots you can share?  I've got to test this.  I bet if you get the gender determined just as soon as possible, then start watching Kids TV non-stop while eating the opposite gender fruit, it could happen. 

Also if you buy the fertility treatment you can get away with not watching TV or listening to the radio. 

My process when I want mixed twins (and I have gotten them many times) is to have the gender determined, then eat the opposite fruit with the fertility treatment LTR bought for both parents.  Triplets done this way will generally give you one of the determined gender and two of the opposite.
2024 Tournament: Join the Fun!
My Tournament Updates: Coming 2024
Love My Sims: Completing challenges and legacies since May 7, 2007

Offline Alexandria_

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2010, 04:47:34 AM »
Wow, I definitely want to give that a go.
I've always wanted mixed gender twins/triplets.
Do you have a screenshot you could share?

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2010, 10:12:49 AM »
Here are some screenshots of the Landgraab triplets. 

some notes. 
Fertility Treatment on 1 parent - twins 50% and triplets 2%
Fertility Treatment on both parents - twins 100% and triplets 40%
watching TV/listening to radio with fertility treatment - triplets 100%

Nancy and Geoffrey begin the process.

Geoffrey determines Nancy will have a boy.

Nancy eats watermelons.

Triplets...

2024 Tournament: Join the Fun!
My Tournament Updates: Coming 2024
Love My Sims: Completing challenges and legacies since May 7, 2007

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Alexandria_

• Watcher
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2010, 04:42:48 AM »
Wow, that's really neat. I'll definitely try that out.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2010, 06:33:43 AM »

I have never tried it but I saw a tutorial story on the Sims 3 Story Board (EA Site) where it worked. I think I have gotten mixed genders naturally once but I never kept that game.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

anything