Author Topic: Flip the Crick  (Read 18188 times)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Flip the Crick
« on: December 15, 2018, 02:57:49 PM »
Flip the Crick

Goal
Your painter and your woodworker move into Crick Cabana in Willow Creek. After becoming skilled in their respective crafts, they each add paintings and sculptures/furniture to every room in the house to add value to the home.

General Challenge Rules

Specific Challenge Rules
  • Create 2 Young Adult Human or Alien Sims. Relationship = player choice.
  • No household additions allowed after leaving CAS.
  • You are allowed to use the Buydebug cheat for the sole purpose of purchasing a satellite to prevent abductions.
  • You are only allowed to buy one easel and one woodworking table from Buy Mode. Any earned career rewards may also be purchased, but all earned career rewards must be placed into inventory before final lot value is calculated.
  • Buying Fame perks is fine, as well as reward traits, but no Money Tree.
  • You may add 1 painting and 1 woodworking item (sculpture or furniture) to each smaller room (bedrooms and the bathroom). You may add 2 paintings and 2 woodworking items to the main front room (kitchen/living area). The only allowed items are crafted items by your two Sims.
  • Additionally, your woodworker may replace any existing room item if a duplicate can be crafted (i.e. crafted toilet for the existing toilet). The crafted bathtub qualifies as replacing the shower.
  • No structural changes to the home or lot. The only allowed changes are what is mentioned above.
  • This challenge concludes when your Sims age up to Adult.

Scoring

Lot Value — When your painter and woodworker age up to Adult, pause your game. Press F2 (Build Mode) and click the Lot Info Panel at the top left of the screen. Write down the Lot Value of your Crick Cabana.

Ch-Ch-Changes
The team does not want to edit and make changes to the ruleset once this event goes live, but we may have to. If an exploit is brought to our attention or we discover something else we may ask affected players to redo their effort.

Have Questions?
Please think hard before you ask in the challenge thread because it may be strategy. What you may consider an innocent question could cause another player to go — “oh, I did not think of doing that.” It’s always safer to PM everyone on the team (Metro, MarianT, sdhoey, and LenaLJ) for clarifications. Thanks.

And the Winner is...
After this event has closed everyone is encouraged to discuss how they approached the event, but the winner is expected to do so in detail.

This Event is Now Closed

Player                            Lot Value
LenaLJ117533
Deveroux115996
perksofbeingrachel115059
smastbrook109464
Eva109259
Nandarelle100868
BallerinaHippo96907
Snoochenpurner94631
HelenP93726
sdhoey92406
Nikitachi90024
KTK1087144
workingmum886114
MomOfMany85388
Metropolis Man84887
december2282222
SueDenim79386
Tynynounours79263
Eighty8Keys75865
MarianT70541
MSUCalli62084
Elinoee61930
coolsim999999959446
Ravencloud99950315
rokrchik49426
kirkbysims48518
math_chick44734
JocyMc38867
Annabec37749
jewels12935807
CynKuy29943
titaniadioxide23336
SIMantics10117579

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Flip the Crick
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2018, 06:23:08 PM »
This is going to be a fun challenge!
I like the twist of our woodworker being allowed to replace existing room items!
Just 18 more days to go!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2018, 06:25:52 PM »
This is going to be a fun challenge!
I like the twist of our woodworker being allowed to replace existing room items!
Just 18 more days to go!

I am looking forward to it as well. Crafters are my favorite types of Sims. And by the way, everyone, if you did not catch the start date, it's a Friday instead of the typical Monday.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2018, 12:11:39 PM »
Great idea, team!  It will be fun to flip that house 8).

Offline Felicat

• Coffee Cat
  • Nooboo
  • Resident cat mama
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2018, 11:10:04 PM »
Oooh I think I"ll make this my first official challenge.  Only question I have is, are we allowed to sell lower quality crafted items, or do we have to use each one we create in the challenge?  Looking forward to this one.  :)
Back in a minute-just need to refill my cup.

Offline MystiKitty

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2018, 10:17:51 PM »
Nifty house-building challenge to kick off the 2019 Sims Tournament! :D

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2018, 06:25:20 AM »
Oooh I think I"ll make this my first official challenge.  Only question I have is, are we allowed to sell lower quality crafted items, or do we have to use each one we create in the challenge?  Looking forward to this one.  :)

Awesome. It will be nice to have some fresh faces in 2019. :) To answer your question...yes, you can sell lower quality items.

Nifty house-building challenge to kick off the 2019 Sims Tournament! :D

Actually, there is no "building" involved. You buy the Crick Cabana lot and any structural changes are off limits.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2018, 07:59:13 PM »
A couple clarifications added just now...

• You are only allowed to buy an easel and a woodworking table from Buy Mode.
  • Buying Fame perks is fine, as well as reward traits, but no Money Tree.

Offline HelenP

• Immortal
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2018, 09:31:17 AM »
My test sims have different ages, they are 1 day apart. What's your recommendation on when to finish if this happens in the scoring file?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2018, 01:02:34 PM »
My test sims have different ages, they are 1 day apart. What's your recommendation on when to finish if this happens in the scoring file?

Hmmm...interesting. The correct days to age up on Short life span is 11 days, correct? So, that's what you would go off of.

Offline ibbygidge

• Nooboo
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2018, 02:34:29 PM »
If we notice the age discrepancy after the first day, is there a way to see how old our sims are? I can see in my test that one of my sims has 8 days left till aging, and one has 7. Or I suppose if the game starts at 8am on Sunday (at least I think that's how sims 3 worked, not sure about 4), I could calculate how many days it's been and then see when 11 days would end.. Or else I suppose if they are different ages, at the start of the game it's not possible that one sim was less than 0 age (or seems unlikely), but it is possible for the other sim to have started at 1 day old, so a full young adulthood should be based on the younger sim's age, I would think?

Sorry, does this line of thought make sense?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2018, 05:09:20 PM »
If we notice the age discrepancy after the first day, is there a way to see how old our sims are? I can see in my test that one of my sims has 8 days left till aging, and one has 7. Or I suppose if the game starts at 8am on Sunday (at least I think that's how sims 3 worked, not sure about 4), I could calculate how many days it's been and then see when 11 days would end.. Or else I suppose if they are different ages, at the start of the game it's not possible that one sim was less than 0 age (or seems unlikely), but it is possible for the other sim to have started at 1 day old, so a full young adulthood should be based on the younger sim's age, I would think?

Sorry, does this line of thought make sense?

Well, I know that 11 days to age up is the correct YA life span on Short. So, someone correct me if I am wrong, but you should end your file on Week 2, Thursday...I think. :)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2018, 06:46:41 AM »
I added the last sentence of the following rule...

• You may add 1 painting and 1 sculpture to each smaller room (bedrooms and the bathroom). You may add 2 paintings and 2 sculptures the main front room (kitchen/living area). The only allowed items are crafted items by your two Sims.

Offline titaniadioxide

• Nooboo
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2018, 06:42:49 PM »
First-time challenger here!

You are only allowed to buy an easel and a woodworking table from Buy Mode.

Clarification on this - does this mean that you can only acquire the easel and the woodworking table through Buy Mode, or that the only things you can purchase from Buy Mode are the easel and the woodworking table?

Are we allowed to purchase better quality flooring/wallpaper? Add pools or gardens or scenery? Purchase better quality furniture for the furniture that we can’t make?

Someone else asked this too, but are we allowed to sell the paintings and sculptures and furniture that we make?

Thanks!

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2018, 07:21:47 PM »
First-time challenger here!

You are only allowed to buy an easel and a woodworking table from Buy Mode.

Clarification on this - does this mean that you can only acquire the easel and the woodworking table through Buy Mode, or that the only things you can purchase from Buy Mode are the easel and the woodworking table?

They are the only things you can buy from Buy Mode.

Are we allowed to purchase better quality flooring/wallpaper? Add pools or gardens or scenery? Purchase better quality furniture for the furniture that we can’t make?

No to all these questions. Sorry if it was not obvious. You cannot change anything except the crafted additions. That is the whole point of the challenge.

Someone else asked this too, but are we allowed to sell the paintings and sculptures and furniture that we make?

Thanks!

Yes.