Author Topic: Conspiracy Uncovered: The Satou Immortal Dynasty - 2 The New Normal - 3/11/19  (Read 3996 times)

Offline rika1431

• Townie
All right, we're going to try this again. Hi! I miss you all. I tried to go back and write posts for my Doran dynasty, but it just wasn't flowing. I'm not willing to cancel it yet, though, so I'm just putting it on hiatus. But I still really want to write a sims story, and actually finish one, so here we go.

By the way, I'm going to try to do this in real time, as far as playing and posting regularly goes, because there's an element here that I'm seriously considering as far as making it interactive! It's going to be written as if Mizuki is writing her own blog on 'the deep web', so if you want to make any 'in character' comments for her to respond to, that would be really cool! The blog will switch writers from generation to generation, too.

And...action!

--

Chapter Index
Intro: The Truth Is Out There
Chapter 1: Mission Accepted
Chapter 2: The New Normal

Offline rika1431

• Townie
Re: Conspiracy Uncovered: The Satou Immortal Dynasty
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2019, 02:07:49 PM »
Intro: The Truth Is Out There

Hello. My name is Mizuki Satou, and I’m here to save the world. That may sound ridiculous—if anyone has even found this to read it, I know here on the deep web it’s a bit difficult—but I swear that it’s the truth. I’ve uncovered the hint of a deep rooted conspiracy, one that has plagued us all for generations, and I’m not going to sit by and let it continue. Don’t believe me? Well, that’s why I’m doing this. Documenting the whole thing, from beginning to end. That’s right, the beginning. I’ve only just discovered this, maybe ten minutes ago when I was chatting with someone else here on the deep web. So, you’re here with me every step of the way, if you choose to keep going.

Something dangerous is in Strangerville, and has been for a long time. They’ve been hiding it from us all. And I’m not only going to uncover the rest of it, I’m going to put a stop to it, once and for all.

Wish me luck.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline rika1431

• Townie
Chapter 1: Mission Accepted

I promised to take you with me from beginning to end, and that’s what I’m going to do. I hope you don’t mind I’m using my hovercam to take these shots. I know it’s experimental technology, but I figured it would be the best way to document everything. I’ll be taking it with me everywhere from now on.

It’s so funny to look back on these, even though I just took these shots. I think this was my last chance to turn around and leave. That’s the truck that dropped me on this empty lot, there it goes just driving away. Leaving me here with nothing but a couple bucks to rub together.

I bet you’re wondering just what the conspiracy is. So am I. All I got from CT2872, my friend on the deep web, was a warning that something was going down in Strangerville, and a list he found with detailed instructions on how to go about solving this mystery. He disappeared shortly after messaging me what he found, and he hasn’t been online since.

Luckily, I’m not alone.

Say hi to Miko, my oldest friend. We grew up in San Myshuno together, playing on the fire escapes since we were children. You probably wouldn’t think we’re a good fit for each other. She’s heavy into the civil rights scene, and she’s a pretty upbeat person. I’m a hacker, and yeah, I can be a little dark sometimes. I’m still a bit of an insider, even though I’m crazy paranoid all the time, so it helps to have Miko get me out on the town and meeting new people. She makes me feel safe.

Anyway, I went to see Miko right after I got to Newcrest. I probably should have stopped by before I left, but it all happened so fast. To tell the truth, I was scared to stay in my apartment any longer. I could have sworn I saw someone lurking in the alley when I was moving out, watching me, and I didn’t want to disappear like CT2872 did. So, I moved out.

Explaining the situation to Miko was actually pretty easy, considering I was expecting her to refuse to think it was even possible. But I guess she’s not the type to trust the government either, and as soon as I pulled up the chat logs between me and CT2872 to let her see them, she was a believer.

After that, there was no way she was going to stay out of it. I tried to tell her it would be dangerous. I told her about CT2872’s disappearance and the man I thought was following me. She said it didn’t matter, and she wasn’t going to take no for an answer.

To tell the truth, I’m glad she moved in with me, even if she did bring her roommates. Not that I have anything against them, but I don’t know them. For all I know, they’re in on the conspiracy, too. Darling seems like someone to watch, in my opinion.

This is the house, by the way. Not sure if it’s too relevant, but it’s the first house I’ve ever lived in, so I felt like sharing it. Obviously I’m not going to be putting my address on this blog. The deep web might feel safe and secure, but I have no way of knowing who’s reading this. The government might already be on to me, and I can’t risk giving away my location. But It’s been one disappointing apartment after another my entire life, so having a real house is kind of cool. Heck, having a family will be cool. I grew up in the foster care system, so I never really knew what that was like.

Bet you thought the life of a conspiracy theorist was exciting, huh? Yeah, yeah, I know you call me a conspiracy theorist. I know you think I’m insane, but I’m not. It’s all real. Anyway, this is Darling. She was one of Miko’s roommates, and now she’s mine, too. She’s just a teenager, so I went ahead and ‘adopted’ her. Don’t think that means I’m not still suspicious of her, though. I just know I need to raise my parenting skill before I start the next generation, and she was happy to get help with her homework. I don’t really remember a lot of what they’re teaching in school these days, so I don’t know how much help I was. Ugh, it wasn’t even math! Math I can do in my sleep. Can’t hack without understanding the code, and can’t understand the code without math. Stupid English essays, that’s what she was doing. I always hated that subject.

Oh, how could I forget our other new resident? This is Akira, not sure if you’ve heard about him or not. He really likes the garden, I think, or maybe he just wanted some alone time to adjust to everything that’s changed in his life. I hope he likes the garden, I worked really hard on it, actually. Not that I care what he thinks! I mean, I do care, because I care what everyone thinks. Especially when they’re thinking about me—this are dangerous times now, and I have to remain vigilant.

Darling had a little difficulty with the chairs, since she isn’t used to them, but with a little guidance she was able to find a comfortable position. I really thought about just going down to my lair office to work, but I Akira went to all the trouble of making the first meal that I couldn’t really say no to sitting down to eat.

It was kind of sweet that he made dinner, don’t you think? I don’t know. I shouldn’t read too much into it, probably. It’s not like he was doing it for me, or anything. If he was, he was only doing it to butter me up so I wouldn’t suspect him. Well. That won’t work on me! Even if his eyes are kind of dreamy.

After dinner, I still didn’t go down to work, although I really wanted to study the list CT2872 gave me. But I remembered one of the very important things on my list—my first aspiration! I’m not one to take the easy route, I guess, which is why you’re seeing that cutie running out the door. Yeah, I’m adopting a dog. Two, actually.

This is Yuka. I fell in love with her the moment I picked her up, she’s such a sweetheart. She licked my face and that was it for me, there was no way I was ever going to send her back. Especially because I know what it’s like to be waiting for someone to pick you. Waiting to be adopted. I couldn’t do that to her.

Rover, on the other hand, is a huge troublemaker. I let Akira pick the other dog, because he got really excited when I mentioned it at dinner. This is Rover, Akira named him, too. And yeah, he immediately started playing in the trash, and then just stared at me when I told him to cut it out. I think I’m going to have my hands full with him. That’s okay, though. He’s got a goofy smile that melts my heart, and I love him all the same.

All right, I might have to give the guy a few points. Apparently Miko filled him in on what’s happening—I really wish she’d asked me first, I don’t know who I can trust yet—and so he immediately started learning to cook. When I asked him why, he said he was just trying to do his part to help, that someone would need to know how to cook ambrosia, and he wanted to take a little of the stress off my plate. That’s, um…that’s really nice. I’m not sure how to feel about it, to be honest. Is he playing some game here, or is he being sincere? I’ll have to wait and see.

To her credit, Darling is no slouch, either. After dinner, she went straight into the upstairs office—the one that’s for everyone—and got to work learning how to carve. We’re going to need a lot of camping mascots if we want to expand this house to fit eight generations anytime soon. I think she might have heard me talking about being suspicious of her to Miko, because she seemed really eager to start helping. I don’t know. Maybe she just likes me, since I helped her with her homework…no, that can’t be it. She’s working an angle here, I’m sure of it, I just can’t figure out what it is yet.

Miko is, of course, the only one I really trust in the house. She’s really on top of things, and has jumped in head on, with no hesitation. I knew she was a ride or die friend, but I don’t think I really understood exactly what that meant. It’s not just any friend that would try to save the world with you, especially when she already knows she won’t be around to see the end of this.

See? She’s even learning how to paint, just because I made an offhand comment about wanting to have portraits made of every generation, even though it doesn’t actually matter. It’s not like it’s a rule or anything. I just thought it’d be a nice touch, to document everything in one place with our collections. I really am so grateful for Miko. She’s amazing.

Remember Rover being a bit of trouble? Yeah, well, he got sick really fast, without even fighting a squirrel or anything.

Don’t think I’m a jerk for eating after that, it’s not like I sat down to breakfast after I found out. I was already eating when I saw him moping about, and I stopped immediately. He may be Akira’s dog, but I’m not going to let anything bad happen to him.

So, we headed to the vet clinic immediately that morning. He’s moving a little slow, poor thing, but the vet was sweet enough to walk him into the building. Is that sweet, or is that suspicious? I can’t tell a lot of the time, to tell the truth.

I was a little worried when Rover got up on the table. The vet didn’t take too well to my hovercam being in the room, and she tried to make me turn it off. I refused, of course, so don’t worry about that. I told her that if she wasn’t comfortable being documented while she worked on Rover, then I wasn’t comfortable having her work on him! I told you she was suspicious. She grumbled a lot, but she finally gave in, and we were able to focus on Rover again. Poor boy, I hate to think of what he was going through while we were just standing there arguing about the hovercam.

After we finished with Rover, I decided to go to the park across the street to meet some animals and get to work on my aspiration. I’m going to need to be friends with quite a lot of them by the end of this thing, so I thought it was important to get a head start on that. This guy was really sweet, right up until he disappeared just before we were about to become friends! That’s pretty rude, if you ask me. At least I don’t have to be suspicious of animals, though. Well, maybe cats. They always seem to be up to something.

Just so you know, I am not a stalker. You might have noticed there are some shots without me in them, but that’s just for the sake of total documentation. Akira, Miko, and Darling are a part of this now, which means their stories are a part of it, too. I have cams set up in the house so we won’t miss even the smallest strange occurrence.

Yeah, okay, this isn’t strange. Except! Akira and Darling are both being really nice, and I’ve mentioned I’m suspicious of both of them, so it’s entirely plausible they’re in on something together. Or Akira was just being nice and helping Darling with her homework. I don’t know, seems fishy to me.

I told you someone was following me. The cams didn’t get a good look at his face, but what are the chances someone would show up dressed all in black and peer through the windows without saying a word? No way. I’m sorry, but I don’t buy that.

As soon as he was gone, I popped out into the observatory to get some stargazing in. I don’t know how far this conspiracy goes. I don’t know if aliens are involved. It might just be the government working on this, but I think I have to keep tabs on everything. I could swear I’ve seen an alien before, but I haven’t confirmed anything yet. You can bet I’m going to build a rocket to find out, though. No stone will go unturned so long as I’m on the case.

Well, I’m going to sign off for now. Cross your fingers for me—I don’t want to disappear.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
Having a paranoid founder might be fun! Hope she has a nice basement to hide in, and I think the dogs are a good idea. No one can be paranoid about a dog (except maybe big dogs that live down the street from you and bark whenever you approach).
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline rika1431

• Townie
Having a paranoid founder might be fun! Hope she has a nice basement to hide in, and I think the dogs are a good idea. No one can be paranoid about a dog (except maybe big dogs that live down the street from you and bark whenever you approach).

It's a ton of fun so far! Maybe just because I love playing with new traits, and I also love basements, so I can get a passive happy moodlet all the time since I keep her in the basement, haha.

Chapter 2: The New Normal

Where were we? Ah, right, the night our scary visitor came by. Don’t worry, he didn’t get in, and he didn’t come back. I’ll have to look into that and find out what he was doing here. I didn’t catch a whiff of anything exciting in the observatory, so I came in to give Yuka some love and check in with Miko.

She’s really great. I couldn’t ask for a better friend. She’s been painting up a storm, and has even become a minor celebrity! I was shocked, but apparently she’s really found her calling with painting. She keeps talking about how she’s evoking feelings in others through this new medium and really making a difference. People are paying attention to what she has to say now, which is really cool.

We have to be careful, though. Too much attention could be a bad thing.

Darling has kept her nose to the grindstone even still. I told her she could take a break, but she doesn’t seem to want to. All she does is her homework, go to school, and woodwork. I’d feel sorry for her if it wasn’t what she’d chosen to do. She’s a bit quiet, but what little she has said has been in relation to the cause. She wants to do everything she can to help take down this conspiracy I’m working on.

At least, that’s what she says. I’m not sure I trust her still…

The next day, I finally dragged myself out of the house to go meet some people. See, I’m trying to complete Friend of the World as fast as I can so I can buy connections—it’s not my aspiration, but it is a free one, and it’s much faster than the two I have. What can I say, though? I love dogs, I love learning and new experiences, so the two I’ve got are good picks for me.

You’d be surprised by what a paparazzi has to say. No one really talks to them, for one, so they’re really easy to get going. For two, apparently this woman has heard about people acting…well, strangely, in Strangerville. She said they walk really weird and they talk funny, but that was all she knew.

It’s enough, for now. I’m going to have to do some more digging into this. One of my tasks is to put a temporary stop to the activity in Strangerville, so at least I’ve got a head start on finding out what I need to be doing.[/i]

After the paparazzi, I met these two…guys. They’re weird, but so am I? I don’t know. It could be the makings of a good friendship, but I swear I saw them whispering on my way out, and I don’t know what about. They think we’re friends, anyway, but I don’t trust them.

I don’t trust anyone, not really. Except for Miko.

Lucky girl, isn’t she? Getting kisses from Rover. I’m a little jealous, I’ll admit it. I was gone from the house all day and I came back to find them piled on top of her, giving her all the affection that should rightly be mine. I’m just kidding, there’s plenty to share, but still. I’m their dog mom, aren’t I? Show some loyalty.

Oh, Yuka’s in heat, too. She’s been bouncing around the house, exuding hearts literally everywhere, and she won’t leave Rover alone for two seconds, I swear. But no puppies in this house, no matter how heartbreaking it is to tell her no when she makes that sweet face. I could have sworn she was spayed, but I guess I’ll have to take her back to the vet and find out there.

Yeah, so, this was awkward. I stumbled into the kitchen for a midnight snack to find Akira cooking. He’s been working really hard to max cooking and gourmet cooking, and he was really sweet and offered to make me something since I was up and hungry.

…I grabbed some chips and ran back down to the basement, which is all mine, by the way. No one else is allowed down there, so I think he might have called after me, but I’m not sure because I was almost in my office by the time I heard anything. And I was too chicken to come back and find out.

Don’t laugh at me. I don’t hang out with a lot of cute guys, so I’m not used to it. I’m sure in a few days I’ll have forgotten all about his dreamy eyes and can focus on what’s important again. For now, I think I’m just going to avoid him.

I headed back out on the town after my snack to make some more friends, and boy did I regret that at first. I think this girl knows something, or knows someone who knows something. She was staring at me very strangely and asked a lot of questions about me being ‘new’—we were in San Myshuno, I am not new there—and where I was staying and what I was doing. I mean, I guess those could be regular questions a person asks when they’re trying to make a friend, but doesn’t it seem a little suspicious?

I got a bad vibe off her, though, so I got the heck out of there!

Eliza is my kind of girl, though. I maxed charisma while I was talking to her, so that was really cool, and she didn’t mind listening to me talk about computers for hours. I think she’s just a bit of a social butterfly and likes to be included in things? I’m not sure. She was very nice, and I didn’t feel like there was anything off about her. I’ll put her on the guest list for my party’s, anyway, and see how that goes.

Oh come on, you saw this coming, right? Miko and I were really already best friends, we just made it official. Really, there was no other choice for who to be my best friend. I mean, she moved out of her apartment to come live with me in Newcrest and try to solve a master mind conspiracy theory. She isn’t your average, run of the mill friend, and I won’t hear another word about it. I love that girl.

Yawn, am I right? Math may be a favorite of mine, but chess is decidedly not. There’s not enough control in the game for me, there’s just a bit too much left up to chance. I’d much rather be out in the conservatory to build my logic, because I’ll need it for my requirements, but it was so cold out there that there was no way I wouldn’t freeze myself to death if I went out. Oh, hey, you can see a little more of my office, too! Don’t mind all the loose papers scattered about, those…are not important. Yeah. Moving on.

Miko continues to amaze me. Even though she was feeling really bad, she still took the time to give Rover a bath. Did I tell you he ran away? It was awful. I’m trying to make sure to give him a solid hour of attention every day from now on, so he doesn’t feel neglected. He really is a sweet boy, even if he is constantly getting into trouble.[/i]

Okay, I couldn’t help but snatch this image once I saw it on the hovercam’s hard drive. Isn’t he just ridiculous? Building a snowman, of all things. He’s been working so hard, cooking all day long, that he needed to take a little break. I just think it’s kind of cute.

In a totally platonic way, of course.

And at last, I stroll purposefully into my basement office to get some work done. Phew, I feel like I haven’t been able to sit down and really dig into this conspiracy yet. Things have been so hectic, trying to get this list of things done. I need to take another look at the list, too, and make sure I’m doing everything right.

Sorry, I can’t show you my screen for this. I’ll give you the low down on what I dug up, but that kind of window isn’t exactly supposed to be public knowledge. I could get in a lot of trouble if anyone found out who I really am, and you might have noticed I haven’t posted my normal handle on here. That’s because I’m using a throwaway account to post this.

Anyway, so here’s what I found out. It took a lot of digging for not much of a payoff, mostly I just confirmed what the paparazzi lady told me. Some people have caught videos of the people walking around in Strangerville, and I don’t know what to call them other than zombies. I mean, they’re probably not zombies…but government experiments and freaky people? Sounds like zombies to me.

I don’t know how I’m going to take down an infection like that all on my own. Well, I guess I won’t be on my own. I will for the first part, though. When I first walk into Strangerville, I’ll be entirely alone.

All right, maybe I was wrong about Darling. We had a nice chat while she was working on her homework, about everything that’s going on. Apparently she’s felt a little adrift lately, as she’s only just a teenager and starting to figure out who she really is, and she’s been lacking a purpose. I guess this…whatever you want to call it, it’s giving her a purpose. I understand that. It’s how I got into hacking in the first place.

Akira maxed cooking and gourmet cooking, of course. The guy’s really awesome, as much as I want to try and find a fault with him. He’s great with the dogs, he helps Darling out with her homework all the time, and according to Miko he’s a great person to talk to. I wouldn’t really know, because like I said, I’ve been avoiding him.

Well, mostly avoiding him. We’ll get to that in a minute.

This is what really broke me lately. This is the moment where I discovered that Yuka can’t be my companion. I just…we’re absolutely mad for each other, the best owner and dog pair you could ever find, but the option isn’t there at all. I hadn’t been able to tell her to stop doing things like drinking puddles or barking before, but I just…I tried to ignore it, you know? I couldn’t ignore this, though. I’m going to try and find a way to fix this, but I’m scared Yuka will never be my companion.

Rover does know how to make me feel better. Heh. He became my companion no problem at all. And yep, you can see Yuka lapping at the puddles even now. Rover’s learning what not to do really well, he doesn’t always listen the first time but he’s getting it when I’m patient and work with him on it. He’s a sweet boy, he really is.

Right, so, avoiding Akira. It didn’t go as well as I planned. He caught me coming out of the kitchen, I don’t know if he was waiting for me or not, but he said we needed to talk. Sounds scary, right? I about panicked on the spot, and I really did look at the doors for a second to see if there was an escape available. I tell you, the thoughts running through my head just then…well, they sounded paranoid even to me, so that should tell you something.

The gist of it is, basically he was worried I was uncomfortable with him in the house. I couldn’t tell him his dreamy eyes were making it difficult for me to focus on the task at hand, though, so I said everything was fine. I don’t think he believed me…and the look he gave me was anything but innocent at the end of the night, when I got up to leave.

Oh, dear. I’m going to have to watch myself carefully. I mean, yeah, I need to bring in the next generation, and Akira definitely is a great guy with good looks, and he already knows about the conspiracy and is ready and able to help.

Um. That’s a lot of pros, and I can’t remember a single con. Help, I might be falling for a really good guy! This is going to end badly, I just know it.

Offline Deme

• Immortal
Quote from: TheD3m33z
OK, here is the pro: You like him. A lot, and it's really cute.
The con: To love is to accept that one day your heart will be broken, that kinda sucks.
The additional con: To love is to have a way that they can get to you.
Addition pro: humanity needs to be ready to repopulate itself when it all goes down.

I spent way too long thinking about a fake username for myself. This is a fun start! (We all see that beret and think "yeah, Miko should paint," don't we?)

Stories In Progress:
The Avyan Immortal Dynasty

Offline Meg

• Townie
I’m not sure if you’re still playing this dynasty as it’s been a while since an update, but I hope you are as I really enjoyed reading what you’ve done so far. I really like the format of the founder making a blog, and she’s a really fun character.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Me too!  You're a really good writer and I'm enjoying the story very much.  Hope it carries on.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline rika1431

• Townie
Aw, thank you for your comments, it means a lot to me <3 I'm currently dealing with some medical issues, but hopefully I'll be able to jump back into this soon!