Author Topic: Freelancer!!! I wanna be a freelancer! At least one of my sims does.  (Read 1629 times)

Offline scoed

• Watcher
OK @Playalot posted a link in "EA and Community Announcements" to a link to Maxus Monthly Live.

http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=30698.msg491139#new

In the Maxis monthly video they talk about a new career, "Freelancer". It is a different career than any we have seen. It is gig based like acting but is strictly a work from home (anywhere) career. It doesn't lave levels like most careers but can sorta be leveled. It sounds fun!

AND IT IS FREE!!! Free stuff good! there will be several new items coming for free with this career as well including a laptop. Did I already say "free stuff good!"?

And there is going to be an expansion pack, game pack and a stuff pack coming sometime in the next 6 months.

But mostly I am digging the new free career. With three agencies specializing in different skills (painting, writing, and programing) and being extremely flexible sounds great for a stay at home sim trying to make a bit of side cash. I can't wait till Tuesday.

Oh, there has been hints to bug fixes as well. I like bug fixes.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
I like bug fixes too, looking forward to those for sure!

Offline Sindocat

• Fairy Godfather
  • Townie
The only downside I have found with the Freelancer career (which I played in the Artist track) regards the Renaissance Sim Aspiration, which requires reaching at least Rank 3 in three separate careers.

Because Freelancer doesn't have promotion or ranks (although one can with good job performance raise how much a gig pays), it prevents advancing this Aspiration.  I had to quit Freelancer, and pursue a couple of other careers long enough to meet the requirement.

That aside, I love the flexibility, open schedule, and choice of gigs to complete.  It seems Painting 8 is the highest skill required by any gig.  I haven't tried Writing or Programming, yet, but pay is pretty nice in the Artist track.
"Who cannot draw upon three thousand years is living from hand to mouth." - Goethe

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
@Sindocat  the free careers, Freelancer, Artist, Stylist etc do have promotions and levels. Each time the sim fills the progress bar they are promoted to the next level of the career. If you hover your mouse over the icon and name in their work panel you'll see that although the name of each career level doesn't change the number does. And I have met the 3 career requirement of the Renaissance Sim Aspiration with a sim I've played using the Artist freelancer branch so this is possible.