Author Topic: I wish I had never bought this Xpac  (Read 5256 times)

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: I wish I had never bought this Xpac
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2019, 07:04:10 PM »
@reggikko  I use the "Leave" command with my vamps a lot! On NPC sims that try to talk to my sim when he's on a date, at the gym..etc as well on any/all celebs that dare show up.  :) Sadly tho' the celebs etc always return.

Last night in my game a celeb showed up and literally every single sim went to go nuts over them. It really annoyed me as until now the fix had actually been working, this was at a restaurant in Sulani that I had placed...double annoying as visitors aren't supposed to happen in Sulani.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline CuriousSim

• Occult
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2020, 12:36:53 PM »
Is it now normal, for non-played Sims to invite themselves onto your lot? So far, Geoffrey Landgraab has 1. Showed up to the front door at midnight, 2. A few days later, sat down in the outdoor furniture, then a few days after that, 3. Followed my Sims to the basement, and started up a conversation - all this without being implicitly let in. I didn't even realize he was there. Is there a new attribute, that comes with the famous pack, that makes Sims become extra comfortable, when getting some sort of fan attribute?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2020, 02:06:53 PM »
Is it now normal, for non-played Sims to invite themselves onto your lot? So far, Geoffrey Landgraab has 1. Showed up to the front door at midnight, 2. A few days later, sat down in the outdoor furniture, then a few days after that, 3. Followed my Sims to the basement, and started up a conversation - all this without being implicitly let in. I didn't even realize he was there. Is there a new attribute, that comes with the famous pack, that makes Sims become extra comfortable, when getting some sort of fan attribute?

Are you living in Sulani?  Sulani is intentionally made so that people are a lot more casual about privacy, and will walk into your house on their own.

Offline CuriousSim

• Occult
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2020, 06:46:44 PM »
Interesting...

Nope. My Sim is at the Daisy Hovel in Willow Creek. I suppose maybe, it's just a change, in general Sim behavior, then. It's a shame. I've heard that some unpleasant Sim behaviors had been introduced, and if the general Sim population feels this comfortable, then the only way to keep out the kleptos would be to mess with the locks. Since I started this game, I've never had to do that. All I want is to be able to keep friends friendly, and keep the unfriendly out. As long as he's not taking souvenirs, I guess all is ok, for now. As long as I know. Thanks.

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2020, 01:39:20 AM »
That should only be happening in Sulani, it wasn't a global thing, just a cultural thing that people in the islands do.
I just remembered... did your sim just recently go up a level in fame?  Even from nobody to one star?  Every time that happens, one of your friends will show up unannounced and walk right in and hang out for a while.  It should be just one time, but once every time you gain a fame level.
Sometimes if you chat with someone on the street, they'll decide they're hanging out with you and make themselves at home too.
Knocking on the front door randomly isn't unusual, although it would usually be a vampire doing it late at night.  Geoff isn't a vampire.

Offline CuriousSim

• Occult
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2020, 02:31:04 AM »
Yup, that could be the issue. Candy got promoted at work, and somehow, she ended up getting two fame points. That bumped her up to two stars. I have encountered people staying on the lot, after talking to them outside the house before. That's not unexpected. Thanks for explaining the fame mechanics. Knowing how it works, makes it easier to deal with. This is all new to me. I forget that this pack has been out for a while. I wasn't sure that I'd like it, but so far I like it. It's really nice, for starting a new Sim, since you get non entry level job offers, once your Sim earns a good reputation.

Offline CuriousSim

• Occult
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2020, 01:57:36 PM »
I noticed something a bit unusual today. I noticed a spontaneously queued "Give Residence Keys" interaction. I left the Sim alone, because I was curious as to what would happen. The action faded, but it doesn't seem to have worked, since the action was still available on the menu, afterwards. It's a curious occurrence, though.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2020, 04:24:59 PM »
@CuriousSim  I've noticed this interaction queued autonomously a few times recently as well. Each time it fails as it really is a player-only interaction. I guess something was altered in one of the patches that has caused this error.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

anything