Author Topic: [BUG] Vampire can't do Dark Meditation  (Read 9892 times)

Offline SimminInSeattle

• Nooboo
[BUG] Vampire can't do Dark Meditation
« on: June 18, 2019, 08:16:35 PM »
I have no mods or CC. Every time I try "Dark Meditation", my sim just gets a "?" above its head. I've restarted the game, repaired the game, and deleted "localthumbcache.package". Any ideas on what I could do would be awesome!

Offline HelenP

• Immortal
Re: Vampire can't do Dark Meditation
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2019, 04:55:09 AM »
Hi @SimminInSeattle, I've a few of thoughts that you have probably done but haven't mentioned.

Have you tried resetting the sim?  Have you checked there is enough space and no pathing issues?  Have you tried a different vampire in that save and have you tried a new save with a new vamp?

ETA Just found the bug report here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TO-ADD-V-Dark-Meditation-causes-routing-failure/m-p/7955016#M91883

There is a small mod that fixes this if you are happy to use it, details of where to find it are in the thread.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2019, 08:07:17 AM »
The patch broke Vampires again just like always.  ::) It should be fixed, hopefully sooner rather than later. In the meantime, if you use the UI Cheats Mod, you can simply use that to drag their energy bar up, not as cool I know Time to face the facts everyone, nothing is gonna be cooler than Vampires but it's an option.

Offline SimminInSeattle

• Nooboo
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2019, 11:43:04 AM »
Thanks for the info @HelenP and @Rainbow Dash! - I'll try the mod out for now and keep my fingers crossed that EA fixes it soon...

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2019, 02:04:15 PM »
You know it wouldn't be sims if a new bug didn't replace every bug they fix. I think of it as a feature. Fresh bugs keep the game lively, well as long as they don't make it completely unplayable. That has happened in the past. Too bad they bugged vamps again, as they are my favorite life state so far in sims 4.

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2019, 07:11:41 AM »
Posted by: scoed « on: June 19, 2019, 02:04:15 PM » You know it wouldn't be sims if a new bug didn't replace every bug they fix. I think of it as a feature. Fresh bugs keep the game lively, well as long as they don't make it completely unplayable. That has happened in the past. Too bad they bugged vamps again, as they are my favorite life state so far in sims 4.

Vampires are my favourite Occult in the Sims 4 too.  ;D There's another Vampire bug sadly, apparently the Control Emotions power isn't working properly either.  :(

I also just want to remind people that if you are going to use Mods to fix some of these issues, it might be a good idea to check if said Mods are working properly as the patch broke some of them. Sims VIP has a list of which Mods are broken and which are update etc