Author Topic: Island Living Picture Thread  (Read 6185 times)

Offline TomasGrizzly

• Townie
Re: Island Living Picture Thread
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2019, 02:40:38 AM »
Part of me thinks, this is it, every sim family must live in Sulani. And yet... we're unable to build below water level on seaside lots, so that takes away a lot of building space. It's so beautiful, but it's going to be hard to build a full-featured beach home that isn't 3 stories.

Yeah, before I realized that, I thought I'd put the gym and laundry room below the ground... nope. I somehow managed to keep it down to two levels even with a generous above-sea terrace but it wasn't as easy as on a 64x64. Since I am still trying to get the last space print, I actually put the observatory on the balcony of the higher floor, strange as it might look.

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2019, 03:36:30 PM »
I turned the empty Key Point lot into a park with a whole bunch of facilities:

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
Time enjoyed is never time wasted

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline TomasGrizzly

• Townie
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2019, 03:05:46 AM »
So, this is my current home on the beachfront 50x50.

I've kept the patch of plants in the corner, added two of the largest space rocks to it, and some IL plants. The rest is done in my usual utilitarian way.
By the way, there's a fire pit (the one from OR pack) in the right corner, hidden by the large palm tree - if anyone can give me a tip on how to position the log chairs around it so they don't catch a fire every single time? It's a massive annoyance as the sims, for some reason, can't route to the fire and I just have to wait it off.

Anyway, one more recent picture. Look who went for a holiday in Granite Falls...

Yes, that's Nalani. Fishing. *shrug*

Offline TomasGrizzly

• Townie
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2019, 12:42:27 PM »
I finally got to interact with a dolphin, which meant a mandatory first-person screenshot.

As well as some watery romance (my generation #6 pair)

And, my elderly G5 female using the public easel close to the 50x50 lot to paint the scenery

I'll try to see if I can have some watery fun involving dogs in the coming days. I have a Labrador retriever so far, I'll probably add a golden retriever to make a mixed retriever and then, if I have the mood for it, breed that with a German shepherd to create a German retriever, for science!

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
  • Oh the grill indoors will be fine!
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2019, 02:11:43 PM »
It is a little thing of my own. I call it "Heart Foam". I shall not publish it. Farewell! Patience, Patience, farewell!

Exit Bunthorne.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2019, 03:04:19 PM »
@Nindigo:  I sure hope you put that lot up in the gallery!  Loved what I saw so far.  Great job!

@TomasGrizzly :  Ditto!  Loved the build!  Did you know there is a mod out to allow you build basements on waterfront property and put pools down under?  There's a group on FB that often shows/shares such things.  Not sure but thing this is an "official" one.  I don't use mods, (only tons of cc!), so can't speak about the quality but the pics were really cool.

@Heart Foam:  Your two Sims on the deck look so relaxed and at peace.  Sigh.  I think I make mine work too hard to just kick back like that.  Lovely sunset shot.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline TomasGrizzly

• Townie
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2019, 03:17:13 PM »
I've seen some mentions of such a mod on another site and while I'm not against mods/CC, it's unlikely I'd have the will and patience for such a complex cheat-like build (simple U-shaped stairs in TS3 were on the limits of what I was willing to try).
I am also far too utilitarian to create anything more complex than small deviations from a simple rectangle and the fact I've built three sets of stairs instead of just one central staircase was pushing my comfort zone already. I can take screenshots of individual floors if you want to see them, though.

Going to Granite falls just with the G6 pair was a big challenge for me, who is a control freak. More so as I left the two toddlers at home - thus losing three days to work on their skills and leaving them to buggy 'care for self' mode.

And, yep, the derpy sleep position of dogs has its charm as well. Pet bed? Meh, back splat will do.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
  • Oh the grill indoors will be fine!
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2019, 04:04:10 PM »
@Joria thank you :) The colours are amazing. She was getting a tan for the aspiration, and he was just at the bar for his culinary career. Nothing is wasted. I work my sims quite hard, especially in the first generation. That's the view from a 1st floor deck on the Caldera something lot. Which I also like, because basement.

The basement mod sounds interesting, but I also don't like mods. At least shows it's possible.
It is a little thing of my own. I call it "Heart Foam". I shall not publish it. Farewell! Patience, Patience, farewell!

Exit Bunthorne.

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2019, 06:53:12 PM »
Oops, the beach park lot is in my gallery now. Thanks for reminding me :)
A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
Time enjoyed is never time wasted

Offline TomasGrizzly

• Townie
« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2019, 03:30:26 AM »
Nalani is still learning the traditions of other people. Countdown to midnight in this case.

I believe I've mentioned it in the other post but, if you live on an 'oceanic paradise' lot, you can summon a dolphin to your very home - and then, interacting with it counts for the daily task, if you get it that day. So, here's some play time at my 'doorstep'.

And, to keep it at three pictures, as I always do: rainbow over Mua Pelam (stage 2 still).

Offline TomasGrizzly

• Townie
« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2019, 02:23:55 PM »
Nalani as elder...

Offline TomasGrizzly

• Townie
« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2019, 07:05:12 AM »
My attempt to turn the Key Point lot into an island gym.

Even though the off-the-grid trait is not available for community lots, I still kept the OTG spirit to some degree.

anything