Author Topic: The Simazing Race: 5 Worlds, 5 Challenges  (Read 19984 times)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
The Simazing Race: 5 Worlds, 5 Challenges
« on: June 24, 2019, 06:34:50 AM »
 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Goal
We're sending your Sim on a trip around Sim world: Willow Creek, Oasis Springs, and Newcrest are definitely on the list; the other two worlds are up to you. If you don't have 2 additional worlds, you can re-use 2 of the base game ones. In each world, your Sim will have a different challenge to work on. Try to complete the race as fast as you can -- the winning Sim gets 1 million simoleons, courtesy of Rosebud Associates.

General Challenge Rules

Specific Challenge Rules
  • In CAS (no Story Mode), create 1 Young Adult human Sim.
  • No additions to the household.
  • No moving.
  • No changing life state.
  • Clubs are not allowed.
  • Your Sim must begin the first challenge by 9 am on the first day.
  • You are allowed to use the Buydebug cheat to purchase a satellite to prevent abductions.
  • Your Sim has to stay in each challenge world until that challenge is completed. Your Sim can't ask other Sims to join him or her.
  • A community lot may be added to Newcrest.
  • After each challenge, your Sim will have a mandatory rest period on his or her home lot of at least 12 Sim hours before going to the next challenge. Your Sim may not work on any challenge during the rest period, and can only do things that raise needs. Before beginning the next challenge, your Sim's needs should all be in the green.
  • This challenge concludes when your Sim has finished the last challenge in the 5th world. Plug in the necessary information into Lena's spreadsheet. Here.
Pick a different challenge below to accomplish for each of the 5 worlds. All 5 challenges must be done. --

1. Make friends with 5 residents of that world
2. Earn $50 in tips
3. Catch 5 unique fish
4. Win 5 games of chess against 5 different residents of that world (Note: You cannot do this challenge in the same world as #1)
5. Reach level 5 fitness

Scoring
Your starting lot is your break area. The only things you can do on your home lot is fulfilling a Sim's needs. As soon as you leave the boundaries of your home lot, note the time because the clock starts ticking in the first challenge world. When your Sim finishes the challenge, pause and note the amount of time it took. Add up all 5 times for your total score. Use Lena's Spreadsheet to help with scoring.

Example: Phil Kesim took 5 hours and 25 minutes to make 5 friends; 12 hours to earn $50 in tips; 3 hours to catch 5 unique fish; 10 hours and 20 minutes to win 5 games of chess; and 12 hours to reach level 5 of fitness for a total of 42 hours and 45 minutes.

Ch-Ch-Changes
The team does not want to edit and make changes to the ruleset once this event goes live, but we may have to. If an exploit is brought to our attention or we discover something else we may ask affected players to redo their effort.

Have Questions?
Please think hard before you ask in the challenge thread because it may be strategy. What you may consider an innocent question could cause another player to go — “oh, I did not think of doing that.” It’s always safer to PM everyone on the team (Metro, MarianT, sdhoey, and LenaLJ) for clarifications. Thanks.

And the Winner is...
After this event has closed everyone is encouraged to discuss how they approached the event, but the winner is expected to do so in detail.

This Event is Now Closed

Player                            Total Time (minutes)
thekatie04091473
Rainbow Dash1515
BallerinaHippo1592
Nikitachi1707
LenaLJ1865
reggikko1936
Nandarelle1969
Deveroux2308
Syrcen2310
SoulGal72476
Elinoee2537
Metropolis Man2879
Eighty8Keys3049
MarianT3154
furbyqueen3193
MxRainbow3453
SIMantics1014299
mariposa11274674
JocyMc4675
junegem5092
CynKuy5426
sone5996
coolsim99999996057
techiechick6169
Noyo6360
sdhoey6735
Deklitch6939
kattiq7390

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
Re: The Simazing Race: 5 Worlds, 5 Challenges
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2019, 06:57:32 AM »
Hey, I used to watch this show, I like the racing challenges too!  :D Starting the question train early because I have a lot. Are you really that surprised lol

I'm gonna take a wild guess that Occults are banned right? Because most of them get a skill boost of some kind or powers that could benefit them in some way.

Pick a different challenge below to accomplish for each of the 5 worlds --

So no doing the same challenge twice then?

Your Sim has to stay in each challenge world until that challenge is completed. Your Sim can't ask other Sims to join him or her.

So, I'm assuming clubs are out of the question then?

I'm assuming we are allowed to place community lots or edit the existing ones in Newcrest according to our needs? If so are there limitation on what we are allowed to place? Are some community lots banned?

Are vacation worlds allowed?

I realize that asking about Occults and Clubs may be considered as strategy questions by the team but these questions are going to get asked anyway so I figured I may as well post them here.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2019, 08:28:40 AM »
@Rainbow Dash, since you've watched the show, you know that players don't suddenly become vampires or mermaids in the middle. Nevertheless, we've changed the rules to keep the Sims human.

And yes, you must complete all 5 challenges.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2019, 08:39:10 AM »
Posted by: MarianT« on: Today at 08:28:40 AM »@Rainbow Dash, since you've watched the show, you know that players don't suddenly become vampires or mermaids in the middle. Nevertheless, we've changed the rules to keep the Sims human.

And yes, you must complete all 5 challenges.

Lmao, you got me there, I haven't watched the show in a very long time but now I realized how silly that question sounded, I'm not sure where my mind was at when I asked that.  :P

I'm still not sure what to do with Newcrest though as there's nothing there and I don't think Sims visit that world.  :-\

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2019, 10:27:27 AM »
This challenge looks like quick fun.

Two questions:
 - The no moving rule - does that mean within a world?  Don't you move to the next world?  Or do you just visit there?
 - The last world - do you need a rest period before you're done or does it end as soon as you finish the last challenge?

Thanks!

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2019, 11:20:01 AM »
This challenge looks like quick fun.

Two questions:
 - The no moving rule - does that mean within a world?  Don't you move to the next world?  Or do you just visit there?

Your home base -- starting lot -- does not change. You're visiting other worlds for the sole purpose to do one of the five challenges. You're not actually moving there.

- The last world - do you need a rest period before you're done or does it end as soon as you finish the last challenge?

Thanks!

You would be done when the 5th challenge at the 5th world is finished. No need to tack on another 12 hours.

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2019, 11:21:11 AM »
This looks awesome and I can't wait to give it a go. I love challenges where I only have to keep track of one or two Sims.

As to raising fun during rest periods, we are limited to things that cannot be used in the challenges, correct? Once we complete a challenge, can we then use those? For example, after the win 5 games of chess is complete, we would be able to use chess to build fun, but not before, right?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline furbyqueen

• Llama Wrangler
  • doo?
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2019, 12:53:00 PM »
As a huge TAR fan, I'm so excited. Might make a Rachel Reilly sim just for this challenge
***Fontaine Legacy [ON HIATUS]***

• Lauren
  • Lyla
  • Leah
  • LucyLyndon Lily
  • Leanne
  • Laney
  • Luna
  • Lorraine (A)
  • Lincoln (C)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2019, 02:22:53 PM »
This looks awesome and I can't wait to give it a go. I love challenges where I only have to keep track of one or two Sims.

As to raising fun during rest periods, we are limited to things that cannot be used in the challenges, correct? Once we complete a challenge, can we then use those? For example, after the win 5 games of chess is complete, we would be able to use chess to build fun, but not before, right?

You're correct. Prep work for a challenge may not be done during the rest period, but after a challenge is finished, you could do something like play chess or fish to raise fun.

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2019, 03:59:26 PM »
Are we allowed to add any lots to Newcrest?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2019, 05:13:38 PM »
Are we allowed to add any lots to Newcrest?

Send a PM to the team with specifics. Generally, for any challenge file, you play in a virgin, unaltered town. However, if a community building like a spa or a bar is missing, then you can place it before you go into Live mode.

Offline SueDenim

• Townie
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2019, 08:47:38 PM »
@Rainbow Dash, since you've watched the show, you know that players don't suddenly become vampires or mermaids in the middle. Nevertheless, we've changed the rules to keep the Sims human.
We don't know that.  I mean, they don't show us everything.  They might edit that out for insurance purposes.

Still.  Yeah.

Another question - how do you tell if you've won a chess game?  My sims have played a lot of chess, but I can't remember ever knowing whether they won or lost.  They just kind of stop after a while - or sometimes don't.  (in Sims 3, it was obvious.  Do they do something that I just haven't paid any attention to?)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2019, 08:49:41 PM »
We don't know that.  I mean, they don't show us everything.  They might edit that out for insurance purposes.

Still.  Yeah.

Another question - how do you tell if you've won a chess game?  My sims have played a lot of chess, but I can't remember ever knowing whether they won or lost.  They just kind of stop after a while - or sometimes don't.  (in Sims 3, it was obvious.  Do they do something that I just haven't paid any attention to?)

You have to have the sound on. The winner says "Meckchate."

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2019, 01:11:52 AM »
You have to have the sound on. The winner says "Meckchate."

I won't be able to even try this one in that case. My Windows 10 PC doesn't have sound from what I can tell. :(

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2019, 02:35:11 AM »
This Challenge looks fun, I like having variety in Challenges (In everything really) and I love these Race Against The Clock Challenges, they are some of the best and I always have fun doing those!  ;D

A community lot may be added to Newcrest.

I'm assuming this would be an EA created lot only? May we add Lot Traits to that Community Lot or any others in the game? Are there any restrictions on what Lot Traits may be added to our Sim's Residential Lot?

I think that's all I need to ask for now. :)

anything