Author Topic: Sunburst Dynasty - Shining Forever in Twinbrook (June11)  (Read 128590 times)

Offline Bde1225

• Occult
  • Entertain me!
Re: Sunburst Dynasty - Shining Forever in Twinbrook
« Reply #105 on: January 25, 2011, 10:28:15 AM »
Congrats on the new vacation home! I love that one too in France. It is just so perfect. About the colors Pam just showed me the link in her dreamweavers thread with hex codes and all types of things to assist with selecting accent colors.

Linkage-

http://www.carls-sims-3-forum.com/index.php/topic,1433.0.html

http://www.december.com/html/spec/colorshades.html

Dr. Mingbe DeWooLeHoo<---So I don't forget the name of my fav creation! Lol..I am getting old...

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Let's spread kindness, grace, and joy.
« Reply #106 on: January 25, 2011, 12:30:26 PM »
Thanks everyone for the input and comments!

Bed linens: Green and yellow check with cream. I'll send Zo out to pick some up. Thanks Rachel and Thomas.

@ Sassy: I love the water slide too except there's no water. I was playing with the fountain features but couldn't get anything to look right so I just gave up.

@ Kidakiwi: Thanks for stopping by. Glad you enjoy my story.

@ Bde: I have two websites bookmarked that were shared on a thread around here somewhere a while ago. One is a massive list of colours and their hex codes (the colour shades one you linked), the second is an interactive colour wheel (colourwizard from the thread you linked) to help find colour schemes that look great - because I'm awful at that on my own. Playing with the colour scheme designer one just now, I think I'll bookmark that one too! Thanks for posting a link to that thread, I had forgotten where that information was.

You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

Please read the Forum Rules

☀ Sunburst Immortal Dynasty ☀
The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #107 on: January 25, 2011, 08:07:04 PM »
Finally catching up on my reading and loved reading this entire story so far!  Can't wait to see what happens next.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #108 on: January 27, 2011, 09:49:10 PM »
[I snagged my story right from the bottom of page 1!]

France Trip #2: Early Week 12 - The Quests of the Travelers

Wunn has many tasks to accomplish while in France and the most important one is obtaining Avornalino grapes to plant back home. He takes some time while at the Nectary indulging in a glass of ... memories. Wunn is filled with a vague sense of connection to nectar, more the making of it than the drinking of it. The sounds of the machines and the scent of squashed fruit is familiar somehow.

Wunn also plants the beginnings of a garden out in the courtyard, after some minor landscape changes.

And he finds time for fishing in the river, bringing home pockets full of frogs, snails, and crawfish. The fishing is so great the fish leap out of the water into his outstretched arms.

~

Zo spends her days in the park challenging rank chess opponents in the search for supremacy.

News spreads quickly of her never-before seen checkmate moves and the locals come out in droves to watch.

Zo is forced to move her matches back home and soon the locals stop challenging her game strategies. She is left to play by herself.

She soaks out the loneliness in the new downstairs tub, with a glass of bubbly and ambiance!

~

Tu diligently plugs away at his sculpting skill, maxing it and getting ever closer to the magic number of 25. There is no proof of his hours spent sculpting at home alone while the family is out befriending and impressing the locals. There is only the picture above, which shows how he earned his level 1 Visa (working out).

~

Theo paints portrait after portrait of Therie and Zo and takes home clear, masterpiece, museum-worthy examples of both. He places a couple lights on the floor in attempt to change Zo's dark head from a black blob on canvas to a smiling face with a head of hair. (As you can see on the easel - success!)

He also retraces Zo's steps on the first France trip to collect all the new treasures. He spends one luxurious night alone in the Landgraab mansion, in a room that looks like it was decorated for him (his favorite colour is red).

~

Therie is delighted with the little oven Zo found for her and spends her days baking up a storm. The family spends the rest of the vacation eating muffins, cookies, cupcakes, brownies, pies, and cakes! It really was a holiday!

She then skips happily to the park with stand and goodies in her pockets, and sets up shop in the shade of a tree. The French seem to have a sweet tooth.

Therie introduces herself to all the local kids and makes best friends out of them all with endless games of tag at the park, Nectary, and cafe.

She even finds one that looks just like her Mom! He is Zackery Lambert, Zo's son and Therie's half-brother. (Zo somehow impregnated Francios Lambert last trip.)

~

Trip Check-Out: Tasks Accomplished?

Wunn: Pick up Avornalino grapes - check // Take home perfect frogs, snails, crawfish - check // Plant a garden - check // Collect stuff - check
Tu: Supermax sculpting - nope // Max charisma for LTW - nope (oh dear)
Zo: Buy vacation home - check // Become Grand Chess Master - check
Theo: Max painting - check // Max photography for LTW - check!
Therie: Max her cooking - check // Make friends - check!

All in all, except for Tu, it was a very successful trip.

~

On the last night of the trip, Tu throws a party and invites all the new friends! They dance the night away with Tu and Zo leading the moves, Theo taking pictures, and Therie grooving with the younger group.

They end the evening with a catered turkey dinner just for the family. Wunn is out fishing, as always.

~

Next time, meet the potential spouses of the mother of this little one's future spouse.

You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #109 on: January 27, 2011, 10:12:28 PM »
Yay! Great update Lily! I know why the nectar seems familiar lol.  ;)

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #110 on: January 28, 2011, 02:54:45 AM »
It looks like they all(Except Tu) had a productive holiday.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #111 on: January 28, 2011, 04:24:39 AM »
Great update.  Hey, before you guys leave France stop by the not so abandoned nectary and come party with the Thyme's!  We'll have a blast.  lol
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #112 on: January 28, 2011, 12:32:16 PM »
@ Esther: I'm considering doing a Nectar making Sim just for old times sake. It won't be until much later though, I have the next few generations mostly decided. Or I'll get Therie to do it since Culinary is very boring after it and cooking have been maxed.

@ Rachel: Yup, Tu spent most of his time sculpting but still fell short. Can't imagine how tight everything would have been for his Immortal requirements without this trip. I haven't been as organized with my second generation sculptor/painter this time around. They have been allowed numerous extra-curricular activities and field trips.

@ Joria: We threw a party at our house but I guess the Thyme's invite got lost in the mail, or Justin and Aurora were too busy exploring/loving on each other to attend. Maybe next time. Oh and the abandoned nectary in the Sunburst's France still looks very abandoned! All that work you've put into it, I can't see it! :P

I guess it's food for me and then back to my Dynasty! (haha rhymed) See you all later.

The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline Bde1225

• Occult
  • Entertain me!
« Reply #113 on: January 29, 2011, 10:51:36 AM »
Aw at least Zo looks fabulous in her tub with the champagne. Great update.

Dr. Mingbe DeWooLeHoo<---So I don't forget the name of my fav creation! Lol..I am getting old...

Offline ILoveDolls

• Immortal
« Reply #114 on: January 29, 2011, 11:01:26 AM »
Awesome update! You make the vacations seem so "un-boring". I have a hard time with them because time stands still and that is time the spouses and spares could be dying ;D

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #115 on: January 29, 2011, 12:41:12 PM »
Thanks for reading!

@ Bde: I love the bathtub picture! I was about to take it when I'm like "Wait, need to turn the overhead lights off." It turned out well. The Marc memorial picture with the glowy butterflies, a few pages back, is my desktop wallpaper on my laptop.

@ ILoveDolls: I never take Sims on vacation for a human-type relax and do nothing vacation - boring! I always have a plan and if the Sims can't convince me as to why they should come along, they get left behind. After Therie maxed the kids oven I had to walk away from the game because I couldn't think of anything else for her to do. At this point she was also best friends with almost all the French kids. So I sent her out for butterflies - and missed her glowy butterfly shot! [*face palm*]

I'm hoping to get to my Dynasty later today, although we have tentative plans with friends for tonight so maybe not. I'm currently working on the Chess/MA Master challenge. I did some testing yesterday so today it's time for some serious spins and checkmates!

The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #116 on: February 01, 2011, 10:41:08 PM »
Tu: Week 12 Continued

Therie gives me the go ahead to post an update before we roll out the carpet for her future spouse selection. I guess she's pretty excited about this week.

Dad spends time waiting for midnight by sitting around his campfire and roasting a life fruit. He wants to see if it's possible and it is! Even roasted, the life fruit maintains it's life giving properties.

Therie continues to make friends every where she goes. This girl is new to town and is already characterizing herself as a follower. Even though she's wearing a copy of Therie's custom designed skirt, Therie still initiates a game of tag.

Mom stops by for a short visit and hangs out in bed with Dad, watching him sleep. Something she never took the time to do while she was alive even though Dad sleeps in until noon almost every day, and has for weeks.

Thursday brings my little girl's birthday. I invite all her friends and extended family. There are a lot of noisemakers!

Check out this crowd!

Here she is almost grown up.

While everyone is checking out my interpretive fishing dance moves ...

Theo's fiancee goes into labour causing mass panic on the front porch. Theo takes her to the hospital. They are proud to announce the arrival of twin sisters for Julio, Eavy and Lolly. [Theo picks their names in honour of both grandmothers, Lolly Racket Sunburst and Eva Drudge.]

This is a teen picture of Steve Bayless, Dad's maybe/maybe not son. Seriously, is there any question.

And a teen picture of Lindy Bayless, Steve's older sister. We're all glad they could make it out for the party.

Last but not least, a teen picture of my daughter, Tammy Jones-Brown. She looks so much like her Mom.

Therie decides her first weekend as a teen is the best excuse to organize a mass outing of all the teens in town (there are 7, including Therie). They take in a concert at the stadium.

And then head to the Diner for burgers and milkshakes afterward. They have lost a few group members as it's getting late.

[L-R: Lindy Bayless, Steve Bayless, Therie, Wilbert Sanford, Raymundo Hunter, Tammy J-B. Missing: Nestor Bouchard.]

The next day, Therie is ready for a little down time. She calls up her half-brother in France, Zacharie, and invites him for a visit. After a day full of sight-seeing and hanging out, they share a bedtime snack of Mom's famous french toast.

Up next: Hunting Season opens up

The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #117 on: February 02, 2011, 12:08:14 PM »
Happy birthday Therie!

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #118 on: February 02, 2011, 12:13:37 PM »
I am looking forward to hunting season.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #119 on: February 02, 2011, 03:32:03 PM »
Tu: Hunting Season for Therie

Therie's Bait: Friendly, Natural Cook, Loves the Outdoors, Good [I think]
Therie's Prey: Original Townie Male Offspring

Therie makes a short stop at the Bait and Tackle Shop, AKA the Salon, before hitting Twinbrook on foot with bait and net in hand.

First and only candidate: Raymundo Hunter. Recent YA, Snob, Athletic, Coward, Artistic. Fine catch but already happily dating Tammy J-B, Therie's half-sister.

So to widen her prospects, Therie ventures into the uncharted territory of non-townie offspring: Wilbert Sanford. Teen, Coward, Mooch, Bookworm. Still single, that's a plus.

Also, still attending high school is: Nestor Bouchard. Teen, Brave, Friendly, Hydrophobic. Apparently his bravery doesn't extend to swimming.

But what girl would settle for only two viable options, and both of them blonde? Therie heads into the land of much older prey and finds: Moses Bull, Marc and Amy's oldest son. Adult with nasty traits along the lines of Mean Spirited, Grumpy, etc. [I don't remember his traits but they're not good.] Have I mentioned he's Marc's son? A redeeming quality perhaps?

You might be asking about Marc's other sons (there are 3). Well Ronald, second born, left town shortly after Marc died and came back an elder. We've removed him off the list. Marion, the youngest, is happily living with his girlfriend Miki and their son Dave, and Miki's mother, Pansy Prudence. Dave is already listed as spousal material for Therie's future daughter.

Not satisfied with her options, Therie remembers all the young French males she has listed as best friends and invites them all to visit. Sadly, the teens have all aged up into Adults (not Young Adults) so that is something to consider.

First up, blonde and lean: Alain Lefebvre. Adult, Bookworm, Frugal, Good, Neat, Inappropriate. He says he's still single.

Next, honey blonde and goofy: Henri Fouchier. Adult, Neat, Loser, Good, Loves the Outdoors, Light Sleeper.

Now the 3 St. James brothers.
First/oldest, redhead and interesting: Pascal St. James. Adult, Hydrophobic, Bookworm, Good Sense of Humour, Friendly, Disciplined.

Second, ugly default Sims 3 hair colour and cute: Adrien St. James. Adult, Lucky, Mooch, Loser, Friendly.

Third, young and redhead: Gustave St. James. Still appears as a child although could be a teen, Mean Spirited, Adventurous, Snob.

Last but not least, young and black hair, not sure where he's from: Alyse Zayat. Appears as a child but could be a teen, Easily Impressed, Bookworm, Excitable.

Now as much as Therie is allowed to choose her own future, she has asked for help to narrow down her selection as her bait and time is limited. Perhaps a top 2 ranking might suffice? Thanks in advance for your help.

~

Next Week: Zo continues in her quest for Medical Supremacy, but with time running out will she make it? I'll have Theo track down his very active kids for photo updates. And what about Dad's wish for a fifth grandchild?

[Theo's oldest doesn't count as their family tree got shuffled around a little after the last France trip - his son is still listed and identified as his son, but is only connected to Casey, the mother.]

The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

anything