Author Topic: Sunburst Dynasty - Shining Forever in Twinbrook (June11)  (Read 128509 times)

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
Re: Sunburst Dynasty - Shining Forever in Twinbrook
« Reply #135 on: February 08, 2011, 01:43:56 PM »
Happy birthday everyone! Tu will make it! I know he will!

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Let's spread kindness, grace, and joy.
« Reply #136 on: February 08, 2011, 07:49:25 PM »
Tu: Week 15

Yes, it's me again, which means I'm still plugging away at my sculptures. We were going to do another trip to France but it was so bugged when we got there we had to rewind our lives and cancel the trip. So I'm sculpting like crazy. Oh and my consignment shop is bugged too, I guess my management skills are awful! Might need to reset the clerk to see if that improves her costumer service skills.

But on to more lighthearted and fun things!

Therie invites her sister Tammy to spend the day. They have a nice long chat before Therie has to hurry off to work. You will never guess who her boss is at the Diner! None other than Moses Bull! I'm starting to think that man is obsessed with my daughter; he comes out of Military retirement to run the Diner. I might have to sit him down for a talk.

Tammy's boyfriend Raymundo Hunter, has moved in with her and they seem happy enough. Anyway, Tammy sticks around after Therie goes to work and has dinner with her Grandpa Wunn. Dad loves his sushi!

We have the designer over for a day of hard work resulting in new floors, walls, doors, curtains, and furniture in the kitchen, living, and entry areas. Check it out! Dad insists on purple chairs.

The entry features my first masterpiece sculpture. I might have to sell it though, if my time line gets any tighter!

The kitchen. Therie would like more work done in here but she's not sure what she wants exactly.

Therie and her sister have moved passed the Raymundo thing during High School and are becoming the best of friends. Tammy has some news to share! Her and Ray are expecting my very first grandbaby!

Her name is Dora. Isn't she just precious?! Can't wait to see if she looks anything like me.

In other huge news, Therie decides to stop fighting fate! Or maybe she's jealous of all the attention Tammy has been getting around here lately.

That's right, Moses moves in and becomes family. Right there in the kitchen.

My daughter marries a man older than me, and her boss nonetheless! [He still shows as her boss, too!] She looks happy at least.

Then, with no time to spare if Moses is to even meet his offspring, they head upstairs. The carpool will just have to wait!

After weeks of owning the front porch bench, bought and placed for this specific purpose, Dad finally reads the paper outside.

Dad has breakfast with Moses and talks about the good old days when Moses' dad, Marc, was helping Dad get this Dynasty off to a good start. Dad apologizes for his part in making Marc an absentee father and welcomes Moses to the family.

Yes, I'm still hammering away at my sculptures. My 90th day comes near the end of next week.

Next Week: Is Tu going to make it? And just how many times will the Grim visit?

[YAY, ::) I now have 4 Elders and a YA! Phooey.]
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

Please read the Forum Rules

☀ Sunburst Immortal Dynasty ☀
The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #137 on: February 08, 2011, 08:07:31 PM »
Yes Tu will make it! 4 elders? Yikes! Lol Congrats on Dora!

Offline Juxtaposition

• Immortal
« Reply #138 on: February 08, 2011, 08:56:56 PM »
When my consignment shop glitches (won't let me open the shop at all) the solution for me is always to clear out the old consignments with the cancel option, once cleared, my shop works again, I only hope that might help.

Good luck, you're doing awesome, and I keep my fingers crossed to ward away the buggies.
You can call me Juxt

De D'Onlyn Dynasty
where the party never ends.

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #139 on: February 08, 2011, 09:15:56 PM »
Thanks Esther! I'm really hoping Dora has Tu's hair colour! And maybe some purple eyes.

Thanks for the advice Juxtaposition. I've canceled my consignments already and now have a $2000 statue stuck in Tu's inventory. I've also reread the bugged consignment thread (whatever it's called). It's just that I can't figure out what triggered it! If I knew maybe I could fix it. I didn't consign anything different, the clerk is the same, no vacations. One day it works, the next it's broken. Oh well, the show must go on.

I have 2 hours before my husband gets home from work, so it's back to the PC for my Garden of Eatin' challenge.
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
« Reply #140 on: February 08, 2011, 10:54:12 PM »
I've probably said this before..But I am going to say it again. I LOVE the colors in your house. Teal and Purple are my favorite colors!
Congratulations on the wedding, Dora, and the nooboo on the way!

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #141 on: February 08, 2011, 11:51:48 PM »
Thanks Kattiq! I'm glad you love the house. I love it too! I'm surprised the purple chairs actually kind of work in the teal living room.

I'm so eager to set up the new nursery, it's hard to wait until the nooboo is born and I know their favorite colour.

Hmmm, maybe I'll go play some more instead of watching TV. :D

The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #142 on: February 09, 2011, 12:25:05 PM »
Lily, if the cancel consignments didn't work, try deleting the register and adding another one. Mine stopped working and I ended up deleting the whole store and building another one on a nearby lot.

Offline Katluvr

• Crazy Cat Lady - Origin ID: Katluvr23
  • Watcher
  • The shortest distance between two people is a hug.
« Reply #143 on: February 09, 2011, 12:58:52 PM »
What a great story so far - I'm very excited for the nooboo to arrive!  You have a beautiful house - I love the purple and teal.

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #144 on: February 09, 2011, 02:47:28 PM »
Just a short not-really-an-update update.

So, excited for my nooboo (have I mentioned I have 4 Elders and 1 YA in the house!) I went back into the game last night. What a mistake! The Grim visits count (see Next Week questions at the end of the last update) is already at 2! And it's only Sunday! After all that drama I had to shut down the game!

I'll let Tu do an actual mini update.

~

Tu: Week 16 (Sunday)

The day starts out like any other: after showers and breakfast we all take up our usual posts. Dad in the garden, Theo and I in the Art room sculpting with Moses painting on one easel, and Therie in the kitchen cooking everyone's favorite dishes and throwing up every couple hours.

When the car pool shows up, Therie and Moses head off to work. When quitting time come for Moses, he creates quite a stir in front of the Diner.

Can you see my grandbaby, Dora, at the front with her father? She's upset too!

Pleading with the Grim produces no results for Moses. His brother Ronald, in the culinary uniform, seems to find his older brother's antics pathetic. Or he's disgusted with himself for forgetting to put in his application for the boss position.

Very pregnant Therie leaves work late, after having to pull some overtime. She doesn't give the Grim any thought, just gets into the car and heads for home.

[Do you see her dress?! I figured out how to "create" maternity clothes! No more ugly, mismatched, generic, everybody-is-wearing-it maternity clothes for my Sims! Sweet! About the going to work thing, my game seems to glitch a little, if the Sim finds out she's pregnant at work (the 24hr spin to belly thing) they don't get maternity leave until the baby is born.]

At the same time, here at home, this!

That's right, there goes Dad, the founder and all important Dynasty rules component! Dad remains in this intermediate state for hours while the Grim finishes with Moses at the Diner, and sticks around for an encore event.

Finally, (I needed a food break from mourning the inevitable) the Grim makes it to the house.

With a smug smile, Dad whips out a Deathflower and presents it to the Grim, who takes it muttering something about having just the right vase for it.

Dad then gleefully becomes less dead, while Theo looks on in shock.

Dad shakes hands with the Grim and tells him to harvest elsewhere. The Grim tells Dad he will be back.

At the end of a long day, the house is grieving again but the Dynasty continues! Let's not forget the silver lining - nooboo to come!

R.I.P. Moses Bull Sunburst, 89 days (2 days after moving in)
Father, Brother, Uncle, Friend, Line Cook, Boss with Perks, Husband, and Father-to-Be
He leaves behind a Wife and Baby-to-Be, In-Laws, 2 Brothers, and a Niece
He joins in the afterlife his parents.

Continuing This Week: My previous questions remain. Grim count: 2.

~

That was a lot to take during an hour of game play at 1am!

The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline Juxtaposition

• Immortal
« Reply #145 on: February 09, 2011, 04:22:10 PM »
Oh My, please tell me how to make lovely maternity close, the in game ones are sooooo boring, please!

:) :) :)
You can call me Juxt

De D'Onlyn Dynasty

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #146 on: February 09, 2011, 06:10:22 PM »
Oh wow! I thought Penny was unique in dying! I guess not!  ;D R.I.P. Moses. I love the "new" maternity clothes! Penny and Patty both wore them! Juxtaposition, you know which ones in CAS are maternity ones right? A couple of the sleepwear ones. You will recognize them as soon as you see them. Recolor them the one you want, then when you know she's pregnant, before she does, make her change into that sleepwear. Than when she "spins" into pregnant mode, she won't change clothes!  ;D

Offline Juxtaposition

• Immortal
« Reply #147 on: February 09, 2011, 06:27:37 PM »
HA, awesome-sauce! I'm so using that!  Thank you!
You can call me Juxt

De D'Onlyn Dynasty

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #148 on: February 09, 2011, 06:38:47 PM »
You're welcome!

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #149 on: February 10, 2011, 03:03:29 AM »
@ Juxt (just noticed your signature!): As Esther said. You create another everyday outfit for your Sim using the designated maternity clothes - this dress, the long sleeve t-shirt, and 2 pairs of pants (jeans and workout) - recolour and design to your hearts content. Then when she does the 24hr spin thing she'll change into that outfit, no need to catch her and have her change into it beforehand. She will still wear the same shoes as the previous outfit even if you give the maternity outfit different shoes. At least, that's how it all worked for Therie!

If you want more randomness, take your Sim into CAS, create a number of maternity outfits, and save them without assigning her a specific one. Then she will have more options. Also, the other females in your town will have more options!

@ Esther: Thanks for answering Juxt's question. I was expecting Moses to go before too long as he was 87 days when he moved in. But then, while I'm waiting with him for Grim to show up, the camera pans back to the house and my eyes just about popped out of my head! I thought, how stupid am I? I had checked Wunn's age a few days ago and made a mental note but I guess it must have gotten lost! Then I remembered the Deathflowers he was saving in his pocket for future Immortals. Saved by the bell ... er, flower!

It's the beginning of Thursday and the Grim count is still at 2! Fingers crossed. Should have an update tomorrow some time.

The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

anything