Author Topic: The Sims 4 Realm of Magic Game Pack Coming September 10th PC  (Read 14116 times)

Offline mousef

• Llama Wrangler
Re: The Sims 4 Realm of Magic Game Pack Coming September 10th PC
« Reply #75 on: September 08, 2019, 08:20:17 PM »
Indeed, thank you very much for sharing all that information.
Your excitement was palpable and made me look forward to this pack even more ;D

Offline Franki

• Occult
« Reply #76 on: September 09, 2019, 02:24:25 AM »
Watching the replay of the livestream, curious to see what it holds *will update this comment if/when I feel like saying something about the stream*

I am excited for the pack, and the first outfit they show I can already see a multitude of sims that I create wearing it.

New trailer is really grabbing my interest, especially the cloning!!

Always cracks me up when they say the 'spines have been reticulated'

The makeup while not something I'd normally go for on a sim, is grabbing my interest and has potential for use in some generation.

The new aspirations look interesting.. will certainly try them out.

Glimmerbrook is growing on me, the world looks amazing, wasn't sure at first but now I kinda like it.

The Spellbook UI is certainly cool looking, the team really thought it out and put a ton of detail into it.

Oh my Sim, the familiars are super cute!! I can't decide if I'll make a familiar or use a pet as a familiar.. maybe both depending on the generation..

Potions are certainly something I could see happening in my game, and I'm sure others on this thread would find them useful for all sorts of good or bad ways..

The spells are going to be fun, i sense lots of stories causing all sorts of trouble in the future.

Sim Guru's dashed my hopes of murder (evil overlord here), yes it contributes to death but the direct murder not in game..

The Build/Buy objects normally don't grab my attention much, but I am loving the stuff in the new pack, and at some point will use them all.

I am loving the magic options with items and they can build your magic skill *bonus*

I freaking love the new death!!! oh this makes my evil heart so very happy!! The tombstone looks cool as well
Straud/Masters - Tangled and defying untangling attempts

I Aten't Dead - Granny Weatherwax

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #77 on: September 09, 2019, 10:52:14 PM »
I am kinda nervous. In less then 14 hours Realm of Magic goes live. I been watching reviews a lot today. They aren't great. The magic pack has always been my favorite pack in any Sims pack in previous Sims game. I am nervous the reviews are accurate. Carl's video calling it too easy was the most condemning as I hoping it will be a pack with staying power. Here is hoping it does.

Offline mousef

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #78 on: September 10, 2019, 01:17:15 AM »
My goodness, those buildings are hideous.
Can't they get an unpaid intern to build houses for an afternoon? A TaskRabbit?
I shall bulldoze them all and turn Glimmerbrook (ugh) into Lancre.
I'm not mad about the size of it. I play on a potato® and the smaller worlds are a blessing. The trees and waterfall are pretty, I like the forest feel.

I'm not too concerned about spellcasting being too easy, as this can be improved with some self-imposed rules.
When I play vampires I usually make them skill up rather slowly, using their powers here and there, getting training, sparring.
But sometimes I feel like cheesing it, so I turn off free will and lock the poor sod with an ultimate tome in speed 3. Then go off to make a cup of tea.
I know I could just cheat, but I get a kick out of exploiting game mechanics, rather than just typing out a code.

Familiars seem a bit disappointing. I was hoping they would do more than look cute and occasionally ward off death.
I suppose because of the inevitable Pokémon comparison I expected them to have different powers, maybe help out during a duel.
It seems to me that the whole thing of wands and familiars not affecting gameplay, for the sake of those who choose not to use them, made those items kinda pointless.

I'm still excited for practical magic and all those potions though. I'm tired of making all my sims into vampire scientists ::) Let them all be witches for a change.

anything