Author Topic: The Power of 10 Dynasty  (Read 69130 times)

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
Re: The Power of 10 Dynasty
« Reply #120 on: September 13, 2019, 06:01:24 PM »
I failed due to changes in rules that were brought in by the team after my initial one completed his requirements.

Um, no, Dek. The team would not fail you like that. What rule are you talking about? If it's the heir needing to be a YA before moving out and you had moved out a Teen heir already, that's fine IMO. You just continue on with your Dynasty with the new rule in place.

No, it was the 10 friends suddenly having to be outside the household.

The heir was a YA and moved out, the founder's wife and kids were most of his normal good friends. So yeah, I failed due to rules changes.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #121 on: September 13, 2019, 06:17:02 PM »
Regarding the 10 item collection. Is it ten items of the same thing or a collection of ten different items? How do I put that in the spreadsheet so it shows museum values?

Thanks! :)

@Vesper

Here is an example:

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #122 on: September 13, 2019, 06:26:23 PM »
Regarding the 10 item collection. Is it ten items of the same thing or a collection of ten different items? How do I put that in the spreadsheet so it shows museum values?

Thanks! :)

@mariposa1127 I'm not a team member, but I can answer your question. Your collections need to be of the same type, but individual items may be different. For example, you could choose to use frogs for the collection. You collect 10 kinds of frogs (Dirt frog, leaf frog, heart frog, etc). You could not collect 5 frogs and 5 fish. Of course, your 10 frogs could all be the same (10 Dirtsurfer, for example). 10 paintings of different types (classic, pop art, realism, etc), but not 6 paintings and four sculptures. Does that make sense?

You would enter the value of each item on a different line, as shown above and then the spreadsheet calculates the totals.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #123 on: September 13, 2019, 06:47:40 PM »
I failed due to changes in rules that were brought in by the team after my initial one completed his requirements.

Um, no, Dek. The team would not fail you like that. What rule are you talking about? If it's the heir needing to be a YA before moving out and you had moved out a Teen heir already, that's fine IMO. You just continue on with your Dynasty with the new rule in place.

No, it was the 10 friends suddenly having to be outside the household.

The heir was a YA and moved out, the founder's wife and kids were most of his normal good friends. So yeah, I failed due to rules changes.

Since the rule change came after you'd moved the heir out, that wouldn't affect your founder. He completed the requirements as they were at the time, so as far as I can tell, you're still good to go.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #124 on: September 13, 2019, 07:58:59 PM »
Thanks Marian, however the spreadsheet and the game file have both already been deleted. First time ever I had triplets as well - either in Sims 3 or 4 which was super busy when they were nooboos/toddlers, but less so as they aged.

Also the two non normal good friends, can they both be talking toilets?

Offline mariposa1127

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #125 on: September 13, 2019, 08:10:47 PM »

@reggikko

Thank you for replying back to me.  How do I know how much value each item has?

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #126 on: September 13, 2019, 08:17:09 PM »

Thank you for replying back to me.  How do I know how much value each item has?

When it is an item in my inventory, I move my mouse over the item's picture and it tells me the value of the item. For example, I caught a daisy. I move my mouse over my daisy, and it tells me it has a value of $2. When it is a painting I have painted, I can click on the painting and see what value it tells me I can sell it for. I don't actually sell it, of course.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline mariposa1127

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #127 on: September 13, 2019, 08:47:24 PM »
@Deklitch

Got it!!!

Thanks again!!  :)  :) :)

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #128 on: September 14, 2019, 06:45:27 PM »
For the team, are there any new rules or restrictions caused by Realm of Magic or is it too new to find the different things with it?
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #129 on: September 14, 2019, 07:08:10 PM »
For the team, are there any new rules or restrictions caused by Realm of Magic or is it too new to find the different things with it?

We haven't made any decisions yet on this.

Offline Vesper

• Occult
« Reply #130 on: September 14, 2019, 08:05:38 PM »
Regarding the collection - does this has to be collected in the standard way? For example do you have to dig up collectibles rather than buying them at the flea market if they turn up there?

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #131 on: September 14, 2019, 08:13:46 PM »
Regarding the collection - does this has to be collected in the standard way? For example, do you have to dig up collectibles rather than buying them at the flea market if they turn up there?

Flea market is fine

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #132 on: September 14, 2019, 09:49:14 PM »
Regarding the collection - does this has to be collected in the standard way? For example, do you have to dig up collectibles rather than buying them at the flea market if they turn up there?

Flea market is fine

Is this Dynasty different in regard to this rule in the Immortal Dynasty:

Each Heir’s Dynasty Museum’s items need to be of a unique type, must be placeable, and either created or collected.
(Bold added by me.)

I know buying items has been allowed in some Tournament challenges, but for Dynasties we've always had to craft or collect items.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #133 on: September 14, 2019, 10:37:35 PM »

Flea market is fine

Each Heir’s Dynasty Museum’s items need to be of a unique type, must be placeable, and either created or collected.
(Bold added by me.)

I know buying items has been allowed in some Tournament challenges, but for Dynasties we've always had to craft or collect items.

@reggikko  As far as I know of, we have never told anyone that they could not buy something off of the vendor's table. @MarianT @Metropolis Man @LenaLJ This is something that I have actually been researching and looking for a while back and never found a rule against it in the IDC or others.

Your sims has to either "find" or "collect". Collect could be by digging or buying off the tables. We will see what the other team members say or feel of this.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #134 on: September 15, 2019, 07:06:33 AM »

Flea market is fine

(Bold added by me.)

@reggikko  As far as I know of, we have never told anyone that they could not buy something off of the vendor's table. @MarianT @Metropolis Man @LenaLJ This is something that I have actually been researching and looking for a while back and never found a rule against it in the IDC or others.

Your sims has to either "find" or "collect". Collect could be by digging or buying off the tables. We will see what the other team members say or feel of this.

I've always assumed that buying was not allowed for the collection. That would include off a vendor's table as well as off the computer. Since you don't have to complete a collection -- just get 10 items -- I would stick with "create or collect."
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.