Author Topic: The Power of 10 Dynasty  (Read 69142 times)

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
The Power of 10 Dynasty
« on: August 24, 2019, 06:03:14 AM »
The Power of 10 Dynasty

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Goal: To honor the momentous 10th anniversary of the forum (August 31), the challenge team is unveiling a new "10" themed Dynasty. Your Young Adult founders start with $10k simoleans and will need to accomplish 10 important tasks in order for the first born heir to move out and begin their own journey. In total, your Dynasty will span 10 generations, each living in a different house and performing their own 10 individual requirements. Strap in and take this challenge to the power of 10!

Setting up Your File + General Rules
  • Always play with the most current EA patch.
  • Your starting Sim has to be a YA or a pair of YAs with no children and no completed skills or careers. CAS or townie is up to you; life state is up to you. If you choose to start with a pair, one Sim will be the founder and responsible for requirements 1-9; the other Sim will be the spouse and able to help with the collection.
  • Founders may not live in Britechester but may take University classes.
  • CAS Stories is fine; Gallery Sims are fine, and using spares from previous Dynasties is also fine.
  • Game Options: Length—Normal; Aging—On; Freewill—High; Season Length & Weather—Player's Choice.
  • Players can place restaurants, spas, and bowling alleys before starting the game.
  • Neighborhood Stories System settings are Player's Choice but can only be set/changed at the start of each generation.
  • Manage World changes (including any changes to NSS settings) must be completed before you continue in Live mode after each move.
  • Players must choose an empty lot in a world their dynasty hasn't lived in yet. If you run out of towns, you may return, but if you have 10 or more residential worlds you should not repeat. Once an empty lot is chosen, moving is not allowed until the 10 requirements have been completed by your founders/firstborn heirs. Use the family funds cheat to bring your household funds to 10,000 simoleons. This needs to be immediately after each move.
  • If you have Discover University, you may send your heirs to University with 10K simoleons. Upon graduation, your heir will move to an empty lot and continue the dynasty. In this case you would not use the family funds cheat.
  • If starting with one or two townies, you must move them out of an existing home to an empty lot and bring their funds to 10k simoleans.
  • No helpers. Only additions allowed are a spouse, children, and pets.
  • In general, all cheats and mods are banned. If you have a stuck Sim and need to reset him/her, go ahead and use the cheat. Building cheats and ones used for screenshots are fine, too. Anything that does not give you some kind of advantage is probably going to be okay. If in doubt — ask. Exiting without saving to avoid an unfortunate event is considered cheating.
  • Children that result from alien abduction may become household members or spares, but not heirs. Alien heirs must be born from a natural pregnancy.
  • All heirs must be the firstborn child of both parents. Heirs cannot have a baby before moving out of their parents' home and into their own home.
  • Offspring can be aged up on their birthdays but not before.
  • Heirs must be YAs before they can move out.

Items/Sims Heirs can take to the next household:
  • A spouse. No other Sims may move to the next household and Sims that are allowed to move must have empty inventories. (See exception next)
  • Heirs and their spouses are allowed to take any career rewards that can be placed in personal inventory. They cannot bring career rewards from other Sims.
  • Pets.

Requirements for an Heir Moving Out

You automatically assign a Sim to be an heir if he/she is the firstborn of the previous generation. Each heir has 10 requirements that must be completed before the heir's firstborn can move out. These requirements also apply to the founder.

1. Reach the 10th level of a unique career
2. Reach the 10th level of a unique skill
3. Earn 10,000 satisfaction points before buying any rewards
4. Earn 10,000 simoleons (can find out how much your Sim has earned by switching to the Fabulously Wealthy aspiration temporarily)
5. Have 10 good friends with at least 2 being non-humans (cats, dogs, dolphins, mermaids, aliens, ghosts, talking toilets, etc.) Household members do not count.
6. Complete 10 of the following: freelance gigs, odd jobs, 8 hours of onsite management of a retail store, restaurant or vet clinic, play (acting, telling jokes, singing) for tips for 6 hours, tend a massage table or chair for 6 hours, explore a temple fully, get an A in 10 courses, run an errand, teach a yoga class + lead a meditation session, or some mix of the above. (Note: Once your Sim has reached level 10 of any career, Acting or Home Decorator gigs can count towards this.)
7. Throw 10 parties (don't need to be gold). Dates don't count.
8. Satisfy 10 different wants.
9. Visit 10 different community lots and/or San Myshuno or Mt. Komorebi festivals for at least 2 hours each
10. Have a 10-item collection. Each household can work together as a team to accumulate a 10-item collection of various items. The collection must be on display at moving time and must remain in the neighborhood and not packed up when it’s moving time. Acceptable collections are the same as those for the Immortal Dynasty:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Finishing Up
You’re done when your 10th heir and their household has completed all 10 requirements. Congratulations! You made it into the Dynasty Hall of Fame. Send the challenge team (Metro, MarianT, LenaJ, sdhoey and Trip) a private message to let us know you have finished, and remember to add up the total value of your museum.

Here is a very helpful spreadsheet to keep you organized: Lena's Power of 10 Dynasty Spreadsheet.

Good luck, everyone. And a huge thank you to everyone who pitched in ideas and helped in any way to get this Dynasty polished and ready for this special day — the 10th anniversary of Carl and Pam’s Sims 3 Forum.

Please be aware that the game is constantly changing. All Dynasty rules are subject to change and have clarifications made as information is gathered over time. All changes to the rules will be noted with a date change at the bottom of the rules page as well as details given within the Dynasty thread. Dynasty players are expected to keep up with these changes on their own as part of playing the challenge. If there is a rule clarification and you break that rule, there is no guarantee a second chance will be given by the Challenge Board team.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: The Power of 10 Dynasty
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2019, 06:07:00 AM »
Power of 10 Dynasty Rules Edits

September 1, 2019 -- If you start with a pair, one Sim will be the founder, responsible for requirements 1-9 and the other a spouse. Offspring can be aged up on their birthday but not before. Once a Sim has completed the Acting career, additional gigs can count towards the freelance gig requirement.
September 4, 2019-- Household members do not count as good friends.
September 8, 2019 -- Heirs must be YAs before they can move out.
Novembr 29, 2019 --
Founders may not live in Britechester but may take university classes. Heirs may go to University when they're ready to move out. They take their $10,000 with them. Upon graduation, they move to a lot and continue the dynasty. An A in a course counts toward the freelance and odd jobs requirement.
February 1, 2020 -- the list of acceptable collections from the Immortal Dynasty has been added.
September 22, 2020 -- Spreadsheet updates and Museum list updates
June 17, 2021 -- The following have been added to eligible gigs: 8 hours' onsite management of a retail store, restaurant, or vet clinic; 6 hours playing (acting, joke-telling, singing) for tips; full exploration of a temple in Selvadorada. Also, the gigs for Acting and Interior Decorator may count when any career has been completed.
September 18, 2021 Update Money Offer "You look Low On Funds" Please read the updated Post -- Offer must be Declined
October 14, 2021 -- The following have been added to eligible gigs: running an errand, tending a massage table or chair for 6 hours, teaching a yoga class + leading a meditation session.
April 1, 2022 -- For a new or existing dynasty, you are allowed to select your global Neighborhood Stories System (NSS) settings for both "My Households" and "Other Households" one time only, after which they must not be changed.  Changing NSS settings for individual households is not allowed.
July 9, 2022 -- Neighborhood Stories Settings are Player's Choice but can only be set/changed before each generation enters Live mode after moving.
July 28, 2022 -- The 8th requirement for an heir moving out is now "8. Satisfy 10 different wants."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2019, 09:10:50 AM »
Well done, team! This looks fantastic.

Can we age up a townie teen to YA as a starting Sim?

Do vampires count as nonhuman for the friend requirement?

Offline Meg

• Townie
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2019, 09:22:33 AM »
I was so excited to see a new dynasty, and it definitely lives up to expectation! Thanks to everyone who contributed.

It says the requirements apply to each founder, does that mean just the original sim you start with or their spouse as well?

Offline Caterina

• Occult
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2019, 12:40:20 PM »
Interesting fact:  One of my first attempts at writing a story on the forum was called "The Power of Ten".

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2019, 01:00:37 PM »
Can we age up a townie teen to YA as a starting Sim?

Do vampires count as nonhuman for the friend requirement?

Yes to both questions.

It says the requirements apply to each founder, does that mean just the original sim you start with or their spouse as well?

Depends on if you start solo or as a pair. If you're going with a pair of Sims (CAS or Townie), then you have two founders and all the requirements for moving your heir out applies to both founders.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2019, 01:16:03 PM »
Depends on if you start solo or as a pair. If you're going with a pair of Sims (CAS or Townie), then you have two founders and all the requirements for moving your heir out applies to both founders.

This sounds like each of the pair have to complete each of the 10 requirements. Is that what you intended?
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2019, 01:29:35 PM »

This sounds like each of the pair have to complete each of the 10 requirements. Is that what you intended?

Well, yes. How else can one interpret...

These requirements also apply to each founder.

But, if the team (and everyone else) wants to make it such that in a situation where there is more than one founder, and they both chip in, that's fine with me.

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2019, 02:39:31 PM »
This is a really fantastic 10th anniversary challenge! The Challenge Team has done a wonderful job! Thank you so much!
I am still relearning how to sim but I've already downloaded Lena's spreadsheet.
As always, LenaLJ, your dynasty spreadsheets are life-savers and form the first step of every dynasty journey!

My questions so far:

Heir Requirements
From the standpoint of sims genetics, I'm still deciding whether to start with a founding pair, or a founder who marries a townie, so:
Q1: If we start with a pair of founders, can the pair co-host 10 parties or do they host 10 parties each?

Gameplay Options:
Q2: Auto-Ageing settings: Do we set Auto-Ageing for Played and Unplayed Sims the same as for the Immortal Dynasty Challenge?
      That is, do the residents of our sims' inhabited world all age alongside our active household?
Q3: Fame System: I dislike the Get Famous pack's Fame System, so I have thus far kept the Fame System disabled and my sims have never visited the town.
      Before starting the game, may I disable Fame, delete premade celebs/paparazzi, and remove the three lot traits that would spawn future celebs and paparazzi
      (Hottest Spot in Town, Up & Coming Hotspot, Celebrity House)?
      If not, may I simply play this challenge with the Get Famous pack disabled? Whichever you decide is fine with me.

Manage World
Q4: The rule: "Players can place restaurants, spas, and bowling alleys before starting the game."
       May we add Maxis-made residential lots to Newcrest?
Q5: The rule: "Manage World changes must be completed before you continue in Live mode after each move."
       I don't understand this rule. Does it mean that,after starting the game, entering Manage World/Household is banned except for the purpose of moving an heir to their new lot?

Again, thank you for another great challenge! (and my humble apologies for the many questions...)

Online sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2019, 03:12:38 PM »

Well, yes. How else can one interpret...

These requirements also apply to each founder.

But, if the team (and everyone else) wants to make it such that in a situation where there is more than one founder, and they both chip in, that's fine with me.

I was thinking that both chip in for 3-10 and one can be required to do 1,2

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2019, 06:40:31 PM »
Well, with the wording of #10 it's definitely a household-wide effort. But, I'd like to keep more responsibility on founders/heirs and make #1-9 totally on their shoulders. I mean, it's their job. They are proving themselves in order for the next heir to move out.

Online sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2019, 07:27:09 PM »
Well, with the wording of #10 it's definitely a household-wide effort. But, I'd like to keep more responsibility on founders/heirs and make #1-9 totally on their shoulders. I mean, it's their job. They are proving themselves in order for the next heir to move out.

Sounds fair, LOL you asked I gave an opinion. It's a woman thing. *winks* Now to figure out how I am gonna start this and make some plans.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2019, 08:16:35 PM »
This is a really fantastic 10th anniversary challenge! The Challenge Team has done a wonderful job! Thank you so much!
I am still relearning how to sim but I've already downloaded Lena's spreadsheet.
As always, LenaLJ, your dynasty spreadsheets are life-savers and form the first step of every dynasty journey!

My questions so far:

Heir Requirements
From the standpoint of sims genetics, I'm still deciding whether to start with a founding pair, or a founder who marries a townie, so:
Q1: If we start with a pair of founders, can the pair co-host 10 parties or do they host 10 parties each?

At this point, I'm not sure. We're still discussing it.
Gameplay Options:
Q2: Auto-Ageing settings: Do we set Auto-Ageing for Played and Unplayed Sims the same as for the Immortal Dynasty Challenge?
      That is, do the residents of our sims' inhabited world all age alongside our active household?
Yes, it's the same as for the Immortal Dynasty.
Q3: Fame System: I dislike the Get Famous pack's Fame System, so I have thus far kept the Fame System disabled and my sims have never visited the town.
      Before starting the game, may I disable Fame, delete premade celebs/paparazzi, and remove the three lot traits that would spawn future celebs and paparazzi
      (Hottest Spot in Town, Up & Coming Hotspot, Celebrity House)?
      If not, may I simply play this challenge with the Get Famous pack disabled? Whichever you decide is fine with me.
You may disable Fame and bulldoze buildings in Del Sol Valley. But I don't think deleting premades is allowed. And yes, you can disable the expansion pack if you like.

Manage World
Q4: The rule: "Players can place restaurants, spas, and bowling alleys before starting the game."
       May we add Maxis-made residential lots to Newcrest?

Sorry, I misread the question. I should have said 'No" to residential lots.
Q5: The rule: "Manage World changes must be completed before you continue in Live mode after each move."
       I don't understand this rule. Does it mean that,after starting the game, entering Manage World/Household is banned except for the purpose of moving an heir to their new lot?
Yes, but you may also add new lots or delete some. I take this to mean that if you get a new expansion pack, you have to wait until it's time to move an heir to add features that might have come with the pack.
Again, thank you for another great challenge! (and my humble apologies for the many questions...)

Don't worry -- asking questions is a sign of interest.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2019, 09:24:24 PM »
How should we handle San Myshuno? Bulldoze The Old Salt House or is there a provision for moving into an apartment? May we bulldoze any unoccupied residential lot to move into or should we choose lots that are already empty?

Can we move into the one empty lot in Magnolia Promenade (ie does that neighborhood count?).

For the unique skills, I am assuming no other heir may max a claimed skill. Is this correct?

Last one! Can you clarify whether emotional whims need to be unique to the Sim (10 different whims/emotions) or can we satisfy any emotional whim, even if they are duplicates?

Similarly, the rules don't say that friends must be unique, so founders/heirs may have some friends that are the same?

Also, I am assuming that spouses and/or spares may max any skills, careers, etc?

Online Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2019, 09:50:18 PM »
Do the 10 community lots have to be ten different types or just 10 different names?

For example, there are two bars and two cafes Windenburg, can they count as four of the community lots?

anything