Author Topic: Lynx in the Chain: A Power of Ten Dynasty--updated 13 October  (Read 1498 times)

Offline reggikko

• Immortal
Re: Lynx in the Chain: A Power of Ten Dynasty
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2019, 03:03:56 PM »
NOTE: My brain equated unoccupied with "empty." I decided to restart. It's no big deal because there are always things I want to do differently anyway!

Do you recognize me? My name is Catalina Lynx. Catalina? Yes. You see, some time back some Watcher person made over almost all of the premade Sims and she really liked the way a certain Sim turned out. She didn't want to play that Sim though, because CATS. So, I guess I am her twin or doppleganger. My traits and aspiration were changed, because Animal Lover means PETS, which apparently are banned in this Watcher's game. So, I am now a nature loving Sim and a genius? Okay. LOL.

Edited to add: (Note: Pets are not banned for the challenge. I just don't enjoy playing them, so they're banned for me. You do you, though!)

End of Week 1 stats:

Traits: Loves Outdoors, Family Oriented, Genius
Lot: Sporting Space (Brindleton Bay)
Spouse:
Children:
Move-out requirements:
1. Career: Gardener (3/10)
2. Unique skill: Gardening (8/10)
3. Earned 10k satisfaction points: 9610/10,000
4. Earned $10,000: $10,000/$10,000
5. 10 good friends: 2/10  Nonhuman 0/2
6. 10 freelance gigs or odd jobs: 4/10
7. 10 parties: 0/10
8. 10 whims for 10 different emotions: 10/10
9. 10 different community lots for min. 2 hrs each: 10/10
10. 10-item collection:

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Lynx in the Chain: A Power of 10 Dynasty
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2019, 03:32:31 PM »
Wow, Catalina looks gorgeous and she's gotten so much done already!  In just a week!?
Didn't take her long to visit Granite Falls, did it? ;)
Haha, our founders are both redheads with green eyes!

So looking forward to how you play this. You are one of the smartest simmers I know!

Offline reggikko

• Immortal
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2019, 05:40:48 PM »
Some pics from my week 1 restart! It actually worked out well. Trying to do Outdoor Enthusiast was becoming kind of frantic. I needed to pull back and narrow my focus and I'm much happier with how the redo is turning out.

catalina 2_1.jpg

Magnolia Promenade is the best fishing spot for dragon fruit.

catalina 2_2.jpg

Obligatory garden shot. All catnip in the front because it's a year-round crop. Dragon fruit under the shelter.

catalina 2_3.jpg

catalina 2_4.jpg

catalina 2_5.jpg

It seems that cats and dogs can get along.

catalina 2_6.jpg

Of course, Joaquin didn't bring in any money since we had to leave Sergio behind, but they were able to build a modest little house anyway.

catalina 2_7.jpg

catalina 2_8.jpg

A romantic dinner at Shimuzu (a much better restaurant by Maxis than the ones that shipped with Dine Out) and a proposal. Reader, she said yes!

End of Week 1 stats:

Spouse:
Children:
Move-out requirements:
1. Career: Gardener (3/10)
2. Unique skill: Gardening (8/10)
3. Earned 10k satisfaction points: 9610/10,000
5. 10 good friends: 2/10  Nonhuman 0/2
6. 10 freelance gigs or odd jobs: 4/10
7. 10 parties: 0/10
10. 10-item collection:

A note on earning $10,000. I was at around $5000 when Catalina went fishing on Deadgrass Island. She fished up a gold bar worth over 6K!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2019, 06:07:19 PM »
Interesting remark about catnip--I tend to opt for Sage because toddlers can eat it to get happy. Oooh, I see many dragonfruit sprouting in the background!
Thank you for the smoochy screenshots of Catalina and Joaquin. How did they meet? Was he hanging around the dog park or the general neighborhood?

Dang, you've already completed 3 out of 10 requirements and are sim-hours away from finishing two more.
What incredible luck with the gold brick; I didn't even know that was a thing. Is that a Deadgrass thing?
Curiously, my founder also dated at Shimizu then built a yellow house, LOL! Great minds think alike?

And now I can't wait to meet their offspring! Great story and awesome strategizing.

Offline reggikko

• Immortal
Re: Lynx in the Chain: A Power of Ten Dynasty--updated 9/1/19
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2019, 06:27:14 PM »
Thanks, oshizu!

Catalina met Joaquin at The Blue Velvet when she was doing one of her community lot visits. They hit it off immediately. I only wish he didn't have that pesky Goofball trait!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2019, 06:38:55 PM »
Thanks, oshizu!

Catalina met Joaquin at The Blue Velvet when she was doing one of her community lot visits. They hit it off immediately. I only wish he didn't have that pesky Goofball trait!

Gah, I hate that trait, too! Goofball sims are so  prone to hysteria. :(

By the way, where is Catalina's adorable dress from? I've never seen it before? Get Famous? (I've disabled that pack....)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline reggikko

• Immortal
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2019, 06:51:37 PM »
Thanks, oshizu!

Gah, I hate that trait, too! Goofball sims are so  prone to hysteria. :(

By the way, where is Catalina's adorable dress from? I've never seen it before? Get Famous? (I've disabled that pack....)

It's formal wear from the Strangerville pack. :)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2019, 08:28:45 PM »
It's formal wear from the Strangerville pack. :)

Thank you for the tip! I guess I never saw it because there's nowhere to wear formal outfits in Strangerville. :D

Offline MarianT

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2019, 09:48:50 PM »
Pets aren't banned. We let the heirs take them when they move, so why would they be banned? Congrats on the gold bar -- I didn't know that was something you could get. And Joaquin has great kids. Look forward to seeing his and Catalina's.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--The Wisewoman of Forgotten Hollow

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline reggikko

• Immortal
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2019, 10:01:38 PM »
@MarianT

Pets are banned in my game. I guess I should have been more clear on that!

bonus.jpg

Bonus, sneak preview pic. About those bird pics. There's a bush behind the Sporting Space lot that stray cats and dogs go into. When they come out, they sometimes leave a pile of feathers. I am one picture away from completing the collection without actually owning a dog or cat. I'm sure some of you already know this, but since I pretty much never play in Brindleton Bay, this was new to me. I knew about the feathers/pictures, but I didnít know you could get them from strays. My Sim just walks out and collects the feathers off the ground. Sweet!

Also, I am loving this little family. They're so cute!

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2019, 12:25:18 AM »
Wow!  Thanks for the tip re:bird feathers. I just also picked them up.  Hard to find that way.  Joaquin, (are we still calling him Walking the Dog?), makes really cute nooboo and he is a great dad.  Can't wait to see what you do next.  You are really zooming along.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2019, 03:11:37 AM »
Hahaha, your sneak preview screenshot is such a tease!
When I saw the bird pictures, I immediately thought: "Wow, she got a cat!"

Thanks for sharing that tip about the potty bush!
And your little toddler has such a cute expression on his face....

Offline LenaLJ

• Watcher
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2019, 07:33:51 AM »
Ohh Catalina, what a pretty sim. Good luck with the dynasty.

Offline reggikko

• Immortal
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2019, 08:44:32 AM »
Thans, @LenaLJ  Itís a lot of fun. Of course, Iíd love it if you found the time to jump in!

Offline LenaLJ

• Watcher
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2019, 09:44:55 AM »
Thans, @LenaLJ  Itís a lot of fun. Of course, Iíd love it if you found the time to jump in!
Its in the making ;)

Offline reggikko

• Immortal
Re: Lynx in the Chain: A Power of Ten Dynasty--updated 9/4/19
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2019, 11:55:09 AM »
WEEK 2

Catalina here, telling you about week two in our Dynasty. Our Watcher wasnít sure at first how to approach these updates, but decided it would be best if my heirs and I tell our own stories.

It was pretty cool when we noticed that the neighborhood strays kept leaving us little gifts. We managed to complete the feather collection without even trying just by collecting the feather piles off the ground near the bush behind the house.

Thereís a lot of big news in this update, starting with our wedding. It was totally accidental, but our Watcher made a connection with our names--Catalina and Joaquin--so youíll be seeing a naming theme for our heirs. I wonít say what it is, but Iím sure some of you will pick up on it right away!

Joaquin basically gave up clubbing when we got married, but since he is a music lover, he spends some time every day either dancing or listening to music.

Not long after we got married, I was thrilled to share some big news with Joaquin.

Very big news!

Isnít he adorable? We were hoping that the heir would inherit my red hair, but we still could not be happier with our lovely boy. We named him Francisco.

Just like his Daddy, Francisco loves to dance.

Heís very inquisitive about everything and loves learning.

Story time is always fun, too. Joaquin is a great dad. He spends a lot of time with Francisco so I can work on my requirements.

Speaking of requirements, I maxed my designated skill.

I made my second nonhuman good friend, Ukupanipo Hekekia. He's a merman. Our strawman, Patchy, was my first.

We also threw several gold medal parties.

Sometimes I wish Francisco could stay this age forever, but time waits for no Sim and heíll need to grow up in order for our dynasty to succeed. Until next time!

Hereís a breakdown of my progress so far:

Spouse: Joaquin Le Chien
Children: Francisco Lynx
Move-out requirements:
    1. Career: Gardener (5/10)
2. Unique skill: Gardening (10/10)
3. Earned 10k satisfaction points: 10,000/10,000
    5. 10 good friends: 7/10  Nonhuman 2/2
    6. 10 freelance gigs or odd jobs: 9/10
    7. 10 parties: 4/10
    10. 10-item collection:

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2019, 12:34:22 PM »
So much happened in Catalina's household during Week 2!
Joaquin's looking good after his makeover--that grey-and-yellow look suits him well (and he matches the living room color, hehe).
And I like those yellow eyeglass frames much better than his tinted aviator sunglasses!
Francisco is so cute! Love his little dancing shot. Does he look like papa?

Your naming scheme: Santa Catalina Island, San Joaquin Valley, San Francisco.  Am I warm?
Catalina is already more than halfway finished with her requirements...dang, watcher!
I foresee your founder with a lot of time on her hands in the not-too-distant future.
Great update!

Offline reggikko

• Immortal
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2019, 12:42:09 PM »
So much happened in Catalina's household during Week 2!
Joaquin's looking good after his makeover--that grey-and-yellow look suits him well (and he matches the living room color, hehe).
And I like those yellow eyeglass frames much better than his tinted aviator sunglasses!
Francisco is so cute! Love his little dancing shot. Does he look like papa?

Your naming scheme: Santa Catalina Island, San Joaquin Valley, San Francisco.  Am I warm?
Catalina is already more than halfway finished with her requirements...dang, watcher!
I foresee your founder with a lot of time on her hands in the not-too-distant future.
Great update!

Yes, Catalina will have some free time. She will be doing some mentoring of the logic skill, since that's a shared skill for this dynasty. I've also started sending her to work instead of working from home. Now that I have an idea of the time it takes to complete everything, I will slow things way down for Generation 2.

It's hard to say who Francisco looks like right now, but I think he favors Joaquin. I knew you'd get the naming theme right away. ;)

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2019, 04:23:17 PM »
Mr. Adorable!!  Francisco is one of the cutest nooboos ever.  I knew Joaquin would be a good dad.  He always is.  Wow, you are really moving right along!  You've got it almost done.  Makes me feel like a slacker.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2019, 08:16:03 PM »
A great start, reggikko. :)

Offline reggikko

• Immortal
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2019, 08:35:12 PM »
Thanks @Metropolis Man

This is a great addition to the Dynasty Challenges. Iím really enjoying it.

@Joria

Iíll definitely slow the pace down some in the coming generations. I do want to finish rather quickly, though, so I keep my momentum. It really helped me to finish my Immortal Dynasty by not dragging it out. If I had spent real life weeks on each generation I never would have finished. Thereís lots of time to get everything done, though, and you should play ay a pace that works for you and that you enjoy.

Offline Meg

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2019, 11:30:45 AM »
Almost done and only the second week, Iím impressed! Francisco is adorable and Catalina looks fab with that hair. Looking forward to an update, Iím interested to see how quickly Catalina gets promoted. Maxing a career looks like the requirement that will take the longest to me, but then you need something to do while waiting for Francisco to be old enough to move out.

Offline reggikko

• Immortal
« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2019, 11:58:26 AM »
I haven't updated this far yet, but Catalina maxed her career at the start of week 5, so she got about 2 promotions per week.  She worked from home every day except one. I find that the Gardener career is one of the fastest for promotions. Since she started at level 1, I'm satisfied with that progress. Future generations will start at level 3, provided they have a A grade in high school, level 4 if you get Connections after they've gotten their 10,000 satisfaction points. With the responsible trait and Scouting Aptitude, they get promoted ridiculously fast. In my recent Immortal Dynasty, heirs maxed their careers before their adult birthdays.

Thanks for reading!

Offline reggikko

• Immortal
Re: Lynx in the Chain: A Power of Ten Dynasty--updated 9/5/19
« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2019, 03:03:35 PM »
Catalina here again. This update covers weeks 3 and 4.

While at Magnolia Blossom Park, I noticed this dejected looking fellow. Does he miss Strangerville, I wonder?

We threw some more parties and even got a couple of achievements. Itís so easy to get a Gold Medal with my pristine reputation. Frequently, just completing the main goal is enough. Of course, gold medals arenít required, but they are fun and have good prizes.

One of those gold medal parties was Joaquinís adult birthday. I wish we had thought of his using a potion of youth before this. I was able to use one, resetting my age back to the beginning of the YA stage. Francisco will be ready to move out before I would have become an elder, so it wasnít exactly necessary. Our Watcher just wanted us to hang around longer. Joaquin and I both plan to use a potion of youth right before Francisco moves. Weíll probably have another baby then, too, in order to keep the house occupied for as long as possible.

We also adopted a little girl, Valeria. The initial plan was that she would become a vampire and keep the house occupied forever, but our Watcher isnít sure she wants to do that, hence the potion of youth plan. Weíll see how things go later on before making a final decision.

Valeria is lazy, but still managed to complete Scouts. Here she is working on the fitness badge.

Francisco also had a birthday.

He chose the Whiz Kid aspiration and may also complete Social Butterfly.

His main objectives for childhood and the teen stage are to get the Responsible trait, complete Scouts, and max both Charisma and Logic for his future career. He wonít start working on his designated, unique skill until he moves out.

Joaquin was working in the Tech Guru career, but he quit in order to build and fully upgrade a rocket. No one in this generation needs it, but it will stay on the lot and can be used by future generations even if our house becomes unoccupied.

Thatís all for now! Here are my updated stats, as of the end of Week 4:

Children: Francisco Lynx (heir), Valeria Lynx
Move-out requirements:
    1. Career: Gardener (9/10)
✔ 2. Unique skill: Gardening (10/10)
✔ 3. Earned 10k satisfaction points: 10,000/10,000
✔ 4. Earned $10,000: $10,000/$10,000
✔ 5. 10 good friends: 10/10  Nonhuman 2/2
✔ 6. 10 freelance gigs or odd jobs: 10/10
    7. 10 parties: 8/10
✔  8. 10 whims for 10 different emotions: 10/10
✔  9. 10 different community lots for min. 2 hrs each: 10/10
    10. 10-item collection:

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2019, 03:43:16 PM »
A two-week update!
What? Erwin's become a homeless sim in your game? Doesn't Curio Shop Vendor count as a career?

Francisco aged up into a handsome boy! Did he inherit that adorable lopsided grip from Joaquin?
You have planned and played out this generation so well thus far!
Erwin is dragging his feet on the party requirement... *shuffle, shuffle
Very cute, Valeria, with your red hair, blue hair ribbon, matching eyeglass frames!
How close are she and Francisco in age? I'm sorry the game considers them siblings...

Thank you for sharing you idea about Potions of Youth for the family members other than Francisco. I will be borrowing that! :)
Only 13 more sim-days until the first Lynx in the Chain moves out!

Offline reggikko

• Immortal
« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2019, 03:53:21 PM »
Valeria was adopted a few days before Francisco grew up. Yeah, I think Francisco is going to look like Joaquin. :)

Yes, Erwin's erratic trait has him show up as one of the park's homeless Sims. Usually, it's always been Jacques Villareal, but I've seen Erwin pop up more frequently lately.

I am so ready for the move! All those sick homeless pets are really starting to wear on me.  :-\

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2019, 02:03:06 AM »
Amazing.  Ok, question, keeping the house occupied?  Don't you have to move with the heir and can you have enough kids just before heir moves out, with possibly spouses for them so the house stays occupied?  You can't just go back and play that one right?  Have to move forward with each heir?  I'm wondering about leaving career rewards behind, do they stay and still work like if an heir comes to visit?
   Francisco is a really handsome boy!  Sounds like he has all his ducks in a row and will be a fabulous heir.  Too bad about adopting kids counting as syblings as far as marriage is concerned.  Guess it makes sense otherwise big scandal.
   So cool seeing Erwin pop up everywhere!  Not so cool about the evil husband/wife team.  Can't remember their names.  They cropped up in my play.
    Wow you have done so well!  Cash and points and all the other achievements.  Good on you!

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline reggikko

• Immortal
« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2019, 08:30:30 AM »
@Joria Yes, you have to move with the heir and leave the other family members behind. Since aging is on for everyone, those Sims will age and die. Even is Catalina has a baby right before Francisco moves, they wonít be there past the second generation. At that point, the house would become unoccupied.

Even if the house isnít occupied, Sims can visit and use any items that are outside. They canít enter the house itself if no one lives there.

Offline reggikko

• Immortal
« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2019, 10:58:31 AM »
Teaser:

teaser.jpg

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2019, 11:40:50 AM »
Your teaser screenshots are fantastic!
I can't wait to meet the handsome Franciso as a teenager and hear more about his household's feats.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2019, 10:24:53 AM »
Wow, going so quick through this! Love the naming theme ^^

Offline reggikko

• Immortal
Re: Lynx in the Chain: A Power of Ten Dynasty--updated 9/8/19
« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2019, 10:49:09 AM »

Well, I have good news and bad news. The bad news is that whenever I change into my work outfit, I have my pre-makeover makeup even though itís not currently associated with any of my outfits. Scary, huh? The good news is that Iíve reached Level 10 of the Botanist career!

I also evolved my dragon fruit to perfect quality and harvested my collection.

Valeria had a birthday and added the Good trait.

Sheís quite the stunner. Our Watcher has opted not to go the Vampire route for her. We have another plan for keeping the house occupied a bit longer, but that doesnít happen until the next update.

Both children completed Scouts. Valeria finished Whiz Kid and Francisco did Whiz Kid and Social Butterfly. It was difficult to get children to spawn and even though Valeria formed a teen club to start scoping out potential spouses for Francisco, only 6 teens were available, 3 boys and 3 girls.

Soon it was time for Franciscoís birthday. His party was the 10th one we needed for that requirement.

I think heís pretty handsome. He looks like a softer version of Joaquin. As you can see, he chose the Renaissance Sim aspiration and the Geek trait. Heís thinking he wants to be a Start Up Entrepreneur.

Snazzy party outfit.

Francisco quit Scouts and joined the Fast Food career. Thanks to a great tip from a friend, we learned that completing a teen career, along with Scouts, fulfills 2 of 3 Level 3 careers for Renaissance Sim.

Thereís been one other adjustment. Our Watcher decided it would be better to keep Gardening as a shared skill, so I maxed Mixology instead. Next time, Iíll hand over narration to Francisco since Iíve now completed all of my requirements!

Children: Francisco Lynx
Move-out requirements:
  ✔ 1. Career: Gardener (10/10)
  ✔ 2. Unique skill: Mixology (10/10)
  ✔ 3. Earned 10k satisfaction points: 10,000/10,000
  ✔ 4. Earned $10,000: $10,000/$10,000
  ✔ 5. 10 good friends: 10/10  Nonhuman 2/2
  ✔ 6. 10 freelance gigs or odd jobs: 10/10
  ✔7. 10 parties: 10/10
  ✔  8. 10 whims for 10 different emotions: 10/10
  ✔  9. 10 different community lots for min. 2 hrs each: 10/10
  ✔10. 10-item collection: 10/10 Perfect Dragon fruit ($6950)

Notes:

⭐Thanks to @oshizu  for so many great tips, including the Renaissance Sim careers tip!
⭐The save I extracted Catalina from had assigned her to be a bartender, so she already had 9 Mixology points. I wasnít sure if I wanted to try to save that for a future generation, but in the end it seemed to fit my play style better to keep gardening free for everyone.

Link to my spreadsheet in case anyone is curious about particulars. Note: Iíve played somewhat ahead, so there are a few spoilers for Generation 2.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #33 on: September 08, 2019, 11:29:35 AM »
Yay! Congratulations on moving Francisco out!
I agree with Catalina: Francisco is a very handsome sim! Haha, he looks so earnest in his Fast Food uniform!

My finger is itching to click on your spreadsheet link, but I've decided to wait for your next update. ;)
One great thing about several folks starting a challenge at the same time is that we all approach it differently and learn from each other's gameplay.

Can't wait to find out what happens now that Catalina's completed her move-out requirements!
(and also looking forward to learning your strategy for Valeria...)

Offline reggikko

• Immortal
« Reply #34 on: September 08, 2019, 11:39:21 AM »
Yay! Congratulations on moving Francisco out!
I agree with Catalina: Francisco is a very handsome sim! Haha, he looks so earnest in his Fast Food uniform!

My finger is itching to click on your spreadsheet link, but I've decided to wait for your next update. ;)
One great thing about several folks starting a challenge at the same time is that we all approach it differently and learn from each other's gameplay.

Can't wait to find out what happens now that Catalina's completed her move-out requirements!
(and also looking forward to learning your strategy for Valeria...)

He'll still be at home for the next update and his time as a teen.

The only spoilers are a few community lots visited and some emotional whims, so it's pretty safe if you want to click. It does show which lot he moves into.  ;)

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #35 on: September 08, 2019, 12:16:30 PM »
Since I always read the end of a book first, I'm heading for that spread sheet!  lol
Francisco is a handsome guy and very accomplished to boot.  He'll do very well as did his mom.  Congrats on making it through the first level so fast!  I too am wondering about Catalina's future.  Any plans for life extension?  I'm so glad it's allowed, but again, begs the point why bother with normal life span?

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline reggikko

• Immortal
« Reply #36 on: September 08, 2019, 01:47:00 PM »
Thanks, Joria. We may have done some Potions of Youth plus something else. ;)

Offline mousef

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #37 on: September 08, 2019, 06:27:01 PM »
I can't resist a spreadsheet so I went and took a peek. The first thing I read was "Desperate for Spreadsheet Help" and I thought it was some weird meta request lol

You're really powering through!
I'm curious to see the plans for Valeria, she's so beautiful. Vampirism would suit her.
Catalina's work makeup, on the other hand, is... quite unfortunate. At least she will be out of her misery soon.

Thank you for sharing tips and your spreadsheet. I'm considering doing this challenge down the line and any help is appreciated ;D

Offline reggikko

• Immortal
« Reply #38 on: September 08, 2019, 09:54:45 PM »
@mousef Thanks for reading. I do hope you'll give this Dynasty a try. :)

Offline reggikko

• Immortal
« Reply #39 on: September 09, 2019, 08:51:09 AM »
Wow, going so quick through this! Love the naming theme ^^

Thank you @Shewolf13  I do love a naming theme!

Offline reggikko

• Immortal
Re: Lynx in the Chain: A Power of Ten Dynasty--updated 9/9/19
« Reply #40 on: September 09, 2019, 12:20:22 PM »
Francisco

Right after my birthday, I asked Mom if I could go to Selvadorada. I wanted to get some Selvadoradian Culture skill under my belt so that when I become a YA, Iíll be able to buy things from the secret inventory and, hopefully, find better artifacts and treasure. She was apprehensive of my travelling so far from home alone, but she agreed to let me go.

In Selvadorada, I met this really cool young woman named Yesinia Cordova.
We were friends in no time. I am considering her for a future spouse. At first, I thought I might eventually marry Nani Kealoha, but her body type tends to produce pear-shaped male offspring and thatís a hard NO from our Watcher.

I did a little bit of temple exploration, but I decided not to clear any temples during this visit. I am considering Selvadoradian treasures as my collection. Since I wouldnít be able to take anything I find with me when I move out, I thought that facing the temple dangers wasnít really worth it. Instead, I just did some things to improve my archaeology skill to help me in the future.

I returned just in time for my baby sister, Barbara, to be born.

While I was waiting for my birthday, I continued working on the Jungle Explorer aspiration. Here I am activating a relic.

Mom and Dad both drank a Potion of Youth before I moved out.

It was finally time.

My adult traits are Genius, Geek, and Active. I have the Scouting Aptitude and Responsible traits, which will help a lot with my career and skilling.

Before I left, I changed the Season to summer.

I moved to Bargain Bend in Willow Creek.

After reducing my household funds to $10K, I built this shell. There are no internal walls and the windows you see are the only ones I have right now.

Instead of buying furniture for the house, I decided to buy some things Iíll be able to take with me to Selvadorada.

I couldnít invite Yesenia over, so I travelled to Mom and Dadís lot with her instead, where I asked her to move in.

And then I got a big surprise. Who is this kid? Her son? I had asked if she was single and when I asked her career she said ďunemployedĒ instead of ďstay-at-home parentĒ so I thought I was good to go. Looks like Iíll have to go with plan B instead since the rules say only a spouse may move in.

Hereís a breakdown of my progress so far:

Traits: Genius, Geek, Active
Lot: Bargain Bend, Willow Creek
Spouse:
Children:
Move-out requirements:
  1. Career: Tech Guru (0/10)
  2. Unique skill: Programming (0/10)
  3. Earned 10k satisfaction points: (0/10K)
  4. Earned $10,000: (0/10K)
  5. 10 good friends: (0/10)  Nonhuman (0/2)
  6. 10 freelance gigs or odd jobs: (0/10)
  7. 10 parties: (0/10)
  8. 10 whims for 10 different emotions: (4/10)
  9. 10 different community lots for min. 2 hrs each: (0/10)
  10. 10-item collection: (0/10)

Notes:

Francisco actually had 6895 satisfaction points when he moved out, but I decided I want each heir to start from scratch as far as requirements go, so heíll need to get to 16,895 before Iíll count that as complete. Also, somehow, the game was showing that heíd earned $21,343, which I know he absolutely did not. Regardless, Iíll count his $10K earned at $31,343.

Offline reggikko

• Immortal
« Reply #41 on: September 09, 2019, 12:26:51 PM »
A little future house teaser! I love that the addition of the tropical plants lets me create a real New Orleans style garden.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #42 on: September 09, 2019, 12:36:38 PM »
Francisco has already achieved so much!
The house looks fabulous. And you even have windows and landscaping already!

I notice the porch has stairs on the side for quicker access to the garden. ;)
A fantastic start all around. Every update of yours creates such anticipation in me about what will happen next!

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #43 on: September 10, 2019, 05:17:30 PM »
What a lovely, little house!  So pretty and the extra stairs down to the garden is genius.  Francisco is very good looking not to mention accomplished!  Too bad he can't have his girl friend.  Well, with his qualities he'll find one that doesn't have a kid along.  So, you're going with Selvadoradan artifacts for your 10 items?  Wonderful and a lot of fun to acquire.  Looking forward to what he does next.  Re: the house teaser, beautiful!  I'm not familiar with anything Louisianian except for big ol', white pillared mansions and steamboats, oh,  and crawdads! (yum), so watching what you do with houses will be a treat.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline reggikko

• Immortal
« Reply #44 on: September 10, 2019, 05:45:33 PM »
Thanks, @oshizu and @Joria

New Orleans architecture is very interesting and varied. We have those big pillared mansions, but also a lot of Craftsman style, Carribbean, Creole cottage, shotgun, and more. Of course, the architecture of the French Quarter's famous ironwork balconies and courtyards are actually Spanish and were built after nearly the entire city burned down in 1788 when Louisiana was a Spanish colony. The city is a very colorful place, both literally and figuratively! Gardens can be very formal, but more frequently they are very tropical and overgrown. It's hard to keep plants in check down here due to abundant rainfall and the very long growing season. 

Offline Meg

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #45 on: September 11, 2019, 04:33:48 AM »
Iím a bit late to the party, but congratulations on completing your first generation! Franciscoís house is lovely, itís just a shame Yesenia couldnít join him there.

Offline reggikko

• Immortal
Re: Lynx in the Chain: A Power of Ten Dynasty--updated 9/11/19
« Reply #46 on: September 11, 2019, 11:37:00 AM »
Thanks, @Meg !

After my disappointment over Yesenia, I hung out at Mom and Dadís place for a while. This is my baby sister, Barbara. Sheís just the cutest. Itís unfortunate that I didnít get Momís red hair!

I worked a bit on earning my $10K by asking everyone in the household for a large loan. Dad was hesitant at first, but heís so kind that he eventually agreed to give me the money. Maxing Charisma before I moved out was a good idea.

I also learned that even though Iíve moved out, I can still interact with Patchy. I was able to ask for gardening tips and search his pockets for seeds. I donít know if that will be the case for future heirs, but weíre definitely going to keep it in mind.

Then I headed over to the newly remodelled Willow Creek Archive and used the new computers there to do a couple of freelance programming gigs.

I spent a few hours at The Blue Velvet, where I met Dominic Fyres. Unfortunately, I wasnít able to make good friends with him.

When I got home, I noticed some strange lights out front.

Before I really knew what was happening, I was whooshed up into the sky. Iím afraid the next thing I remember is being not so gently put down in front of the house. That was kind of scary! Iíve heard of Sims having alien babies after something like this, but that didnít happen to me.

The next day, while I was fishing in Sylvan Glade, I had an idea for a Plan B. I had to stop moping over Yesenia and get on with my life. I remembered a girl who was one of Valeriaís high school friends. I called her up and she agreed to meet me at Magnolia Blossom Park after her shift at work.

Her name is Mariko Nakamura. We hit it off surprisingly well.

It turns out that with the right hair and makeup, sheís an absolute stunner. WOW.

Hereís a little birdís eye view of the house interior. Mariko lived with two other Sims, so she unfortunately didnít bring in any cash. Still, we have some walls and basic amenities. Itís good enough for a start.

NOTE: Iíve been trying to figure out a good system for updates. Iíve decided that Iíll do relatively short updates on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Stats will be updated on the Friday post. Thanks for reading!

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
« Reply #47 on: September 11, 2019, 01:16:57 PM »
Hooray for plan B!  Mariko is gorgeous. 

I'm just starting to read all the Power of Ten Dynasties and I love everyone's different takes on it.  Francisco's house is spot-on for New Orleans.  The architecture and the colors and the front garden...perfect.

For a second there, I thought you might make @oshizu jealous and get an alienboo, but then you said Francisco was set down "not so gently" which is a good indication of NOT being pregnant.   As I recall, my male sims who have gotten pregnant by abduction have always been set down gently (but not all those who are set down gently are pregnant, if that makes sense).

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #48 on: September 11, 2019, 02:19:36 PM »
Haha, I initially thought your first photo was your typical tease shot: a photo of the (faceless) new spouse and her toddler with Francisco.
Aaaah, that's Catalina's third child!
Your new household has all the basics already. Nice job! I especially like the black/white and pink theme of the bathroom.
I thought Mariko was quite gorgeous even pre-makeover though her game-given name is silly.
Looking forward to hearing more about Francisco's new life!

@BallerinaHippo
Thanks for sharing your indicator for possible alien pregnancy. The aliens have loved your male sims so I consider you an authority on that matter.
Still, Erwin seems to be impervious to probabilities. :(

Offline reggikko

• Immortal
« Reply #49 on: September 11, 2019, 03:05:04 PM »
@oshizu  I almost changed Mariko's name when she moved in, but it's one of my favorite Japanese names, so I kept it even though it is pretty ridiculous.

@BallerinaHippo  Interesting info on abductions. I never noticed that! Also, it's nice to see you back.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #50 on: September 11, 2019, 10:21:31 PM »
Oh wow! Moving so fast! Mariko is gorgeous. And that little house is just wonderful ^^

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #51 on: September 12, 2019, 02:59:22 PM »
I see Francisco wasted very little time in finding someone to soothe his heartache!  And what a stunner!  I love Mariko and it is such a pretty name for a pretty lady.  He seems to be doing very well.. Note to self:  if you can't take it with you, make sure it's on the outside of Mom's house!  lol

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline reggikko

• Immortal
Re: Lynx in the Chain: A Power of Ten Dynasty--updated 9/12/19
« Reply #52 on: September 12, 2019, 06:47:42 PM »
Thanks @Shewolf13  and @Joria

Stepping out of my M-W-F posting schedule briefly because I want to get caught up to where I am in the game.

First, letís start with a little romantic interlude.

We decided to elope at the festival rather than throwing a wedding party.

The very next day Mariko had some big news.

Our baby girl, Ana!

The house is coming along.

As is the yard and garden.

This is my little office area. I havenít quite decided how I want to display my collection. The plates donít fit on those shelves, which is really kind of ridiculous.

Coming tomorrow: Toddler spam!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #53 on: September 12, 2019, 07:00:00 PM »
What an attractive couple Francisco and Mariko are!
And a nooboo already. Oh yes, Santa Ana! I hope Ana inherits Mariko's darker skintone.
By the way, are you influencing gender?

Your house is so much wider than I first realized!
Its interior is looking great! I'm enjoying your color combinations.
I've never seen that living room rug before.
Ooh, a collection of rare treasures!

Looking forward to Ana's toddler spam!

Offline reggikko

• Immortal
« Reply #54 on: September 12, 2019, 07:34:05 PM »
Thanks, @oshizu !

I haven't influenced gender yet, but I might in the future if I feel like I'm getting too many heirs of the same gender.

The rug is by peacemaker_ic, part of his Colour Me Rug series.

I'm not sure the treasures are a wise choice considering the time spent in Selvadorada. I'll have to see how it goes when Ana is older. I am debating with myself on collection values. My perfectionist, competitive side tells me to go for the big money collections. My more reasonable side says that low-value collections still get you into HoF!

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #55 on: September 12, 2019, 11:39:41 PM »
Oh your house is so nice!  Love the colors.  Yard is great too.  So little Ana arrived right about on time, right after the elopement.  Right?  You have one community lot at least under your belt as well.  I love the festivals!

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline reggikko

• Immortal
Re: Lynx in the Chain: A Power of Ten Dynasty--updated 9/14/19
« Reply #56 on: September 14, 2019, 03:00:52 PM »

Here is our little angelic Ana. You may notice that Anaís hair color changes from brown to red in this update. Thatís pretty easy to explain. Our Watcher thought that Anaís hair was red when it was actually brown. When she realized the mistake, she also realized that she could change it to red, so she did!

For efficiency and in order to avoid rage quitting, Watcher never uses highchairs. Instead, we have a loveseat in the kitchen for Ana to sit on when she eats.

It also comes in handy for reading stories, which is the fastest way to raise the Imagination skill. Reading to kids while they are toddlers will also fulfill the ďread with an adult for 2 hoursĒ milestone of the Whiz Kid aspiration.

I love this interaction. Ana gets movement skill, attention, and fun from it. Itís fun for me, too.

Ana doesnít spend very much time skilling by herself, but sometimes the adults in the house are busy with other things. Ways to influence toddler mood are pretty limited, but this laser show gives Ana a +1 Happy moodlet, which helps with skilling.

Does it get any better than dancing in your PJs?

Heading out to the ball pit.

The ball pit is the best way to get movement skill.

Is it too early to start looking for Anaís future intended? Nuihaur is one of my Good Friends and has two good traits so far. (NOTE: He became a GF during the party.)

We found out something thatís pretty cool. Mariko has the Child of the Islands trait and she was able to summon the Elementals even though we donít live in Sulani. I made my two nonhuman Good Friends with two of them. Their ďblessingĒ was a little dubious, though. Mariko got a +1 Playful moodlet that lasted for two days. The Watcher had to keep a close eye on her to make sure she didnít become hysterical. Thanks, Elementals!

I got my last emotional whim thanks to this animal hat. Get Dazed, take a nap, done! The best way to use the animal hats for moods is to do it first thing in the morning when a Sim is in the ďfineĒ state.

My girl is ready for her birthday party. Time goes so fast sometimes.

We invited the whole family and Ana spent some time getting to know her grandparents and aunts.

Make a wish, Ana!

Spouse: Mariko Nakamura
Children: Ana Lynx
Move-out requirements:
  1. Career: Tech Guru--Start Up Entrepreneur (7/10)
  2. Unique skill: Programming (8/10)
  3. Earned 10k satisfaction points: (10K/10K)
  4. Earned $10,000: (10K/10K)
  5. 10 good friends: (8/10)  Nonhuman (2/2)
  6. 10 freelance gigs or odd jobs: (5/10)
  7. 10 parties: (4/10)
  8. 10 whims for 10 different emotions: (10/10)
  9. 10 different community lots for min. 2 hrs each: (8/10)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #57 on: September 14, 2019, 03:39:41 PM »
Oh, Ana is a child already! She was the most beautiful toddler!
If Nulhaur is currently a teen (and yes, he has great traits), how would you hold back the tides of time?
A young adult Ana would marry an adult Nulhaur who is henceforth plied with Potions of Youth? ;)

Doesn't the Elementals' blessing vary with how much the asking sim has done to alleviate pollution in Mu'A Pelam?
It's like that old Janet Jackson song, "What Have You Done for Me Lately?"
Still, a two-day Playful moodlet is harsh!

Francisco is trucking! Ana will be out of there in no time! :D

Offline reggikko

• Immortal
« Reply #58 on: September 14, 2019, 03:53:54 PM »
Nuihaur became a teen within a couple of days before the party, so they aren't that far apart in age, I think. I'm not really good about keeping track of ages the way you are, but he should still be a YA when Ana becomes a YA. One Potion of Youth resets him to be the same age as Ana.

As for the Elementals, I wanted to see if I could summon them and what would happen if the summoner hadn't done any improvements to Mu'A Pelam. I guess it was taking a chance since I didn't know what a curse might be, but it worked out okay. It was an easy way for Francisco to quickly make two nonhuman good friends. He has the Incredibly Friendly reward, the good manners trait, and Level 10 charisma. With one of the Elementals, a cheerful introduction resulted in instant Good Friends. The other one took a little bit of socializing, but it was certainly easy enough to do in the several hours that the Elementals stay on the lot.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #59 on: September 14, 2019, 04:10:38 PM »
You're right, of course, since the YA stage is 24 days.
Here's hoping that Nulhaur has a good third trait so that Ana has options down the line!

Offline reggikko

• Immortal
Re: Lynx in the Chain: A Power of Ten Dynasty--updated 9/16/19
« Reply #60 on: September 16, 2019, 07:28:47 PM »
Note: I'm still working out what the best way to handle updates is going to be.

Ana: Thanks for coming to my birthday party, Barbara. We have the same hair. How cool is that?
Barbara: Yeah, but mine is natural.
OUCH.

The next day, Ana heads to the park to meet some kids her own age.

Ana: So whatís your trait?
Kid: Iím evil!

Yeah, thatís going to be a hard pass.

School projects are great for building responsibility. Itís too bad theyíre not integrated with scouting in some way.

Ana works on her scouting fitness badge. Itís the last one she has to complete to become a Llamacorn Scout. Once she becomes a teen, sheíll quit scouts and take a teen job.

Since Ana is in school now, Mariko gets a job in the business career. The Watcher likes to get superfluous Sims who have completed their objectives out of the house. The business career is great for this because of the M-F schedule.

Even though Iím trying for a collection of Selvadoradian treasures, I decide to start authenticating artifacts as a back-up plan. I donít want to delay Anaís eventual move-out by not being done with any of my requirements. Now that I get artifacts in the mail, it seems wise to authenticate them.

During a costume party, Ana spends some time building up her friendship with Nuihaur. Weíre still hoping heíll get a good trait to complement his Art Lover and Music Lover traits. Heís a bit older, but not by much.

The Watcher decided to randomize Anaís child trait, just to keep from choosing the same ones over and over. Ana's a vegetarian.

Dad showed up at the party an elder. I wish weíd been able to turn off aging for their household.

I took a vacation day and went to Selvadorada to finish up the Jungle Adventurer aspiration. Since Iíve also completed Archaeology Scholar, I should get treasures more easily. Once Jungle Adventurer is finished, thereís no need to go into the temples, which is what takes the most time in Selvadorada.

With good skill levels and a good stock of adventure gear, I was able to complete my collection just by going through the various gates and opening treasure chests by the plane crash and in the Baths. The gates reset every time you leave and travel back and it doesnít even take a whole day to snag several treasures on one trip.

Spouse: Mariko Nakamura
Children: Ana Lynx
Move-out requirements:
  1. Career: Start Up Entrepreneur (10/10)
  2. Unique skill: Programming (10/10)
  5. 10 good friends: (10/10)  Nonhuman (2/2)
  6. 10 freelance gigs or odd jobs: (10/10)
  7. 10 parties: (10/10)
  9. 10 different community lots for min. 2 hrs each: (10/10)
  10. 10-item collection: (10/10) Selvadoradian Treasures: value $91,635

Cumulative collection value: $98,585

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Lynx in the Chain: A Power of Ten Dynasty--updated 16 September
« Reply #61 on: September 16, 2019, 07:58:06 PM »
Francisco's done an amazing job so far! So impressive!
Only one more career level and 3 parties to go. Piece of cake!
For their Watcher's sake, I hope Ana's teen birthday is just around the corner...

Thank you for sharing your tips for the rare treasures collection. I have an heir coming who will be doing that soon, too.
Ana is so pretty but so is her mother. Can't wait to meet Ana as a teen!
Superb job so far, Francisco!

Offline reggikko

• Immortal
« Reply #62 on: September 16, 2019, 08:49:26 PM »
Yes, Ana is a teen in-game now. The next update will cover at least part of her teen stage.

The treasures wound up taking much less time than I thought they would. Francisco got two before he moved Mariko in. The other 8 were obtained in 3 trips. Two of those were short day trips after both aspirations were completed.

I think Ana looks a lot like Joaquin, which is more apparent when she grows up.   

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #63 on: September 17, 2019, 12:24:55 AM »
Wow!  You are moving right along.  Thanks for the idea about the treasures, which is a fun thing to do and the hat trick for the dazed emotion!  Ana is really adorable and doing so well on getting her skills and such done.  I'm sure she'll be a beauty even if she does look a lot like Joaquin.  Kind of nice to see the grandparents genes passed on.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline reggikko

• Immortal
Re: Lynx in the Chain: A Power of Ten Dynasty--updated 21 September
« Reply #64 on: September 21, 2019, 03:20:18 PM »
So, I think I played for a while without Fraps turned on and thought I was taking screenshots when I wasnít. Oops. Anyway, Francisco completed his requirements and Ana became a teen. Weíre going to skip ahead a bit and have Ana narrate now.

When I grew up to teen, I added Art Lover to my Vegetarian trait. As you can see by this picture, I look a lot like my Grandad, Joaquin.

I finished Scouts and got a job in retail.

Watcher thinks all of us heirs should max Logic since itís needed for so many careers. Being mentored and having the Science Lair lot trait makes it go by really fast. Iíve also started working on Charisma since Watcher isnít sure what career and unique skill Iíll be pursuing.

Thereís a lot of time to fill as a teen when youíre trying not to start working on requirements. I hung out a bit in Sulani. Watcher also wanted me to at least scope out potential spouses.

I met a lot of guys with darker skin and blonde hair, but Nuihaur is the handsomest and has the best traits (Cheerful, Art Lover, Music Lover) so I decided Iím not going to keep looking. Nuihaur is the one for me. Heís a young adult already, so Iíll have to wait until I grow up for any romance. In the meantime, we become best friends.

Iím pretty sure I want to go into the musician career, so I invite my former Nanny, Lainani Misipika, over to mentor me on violin. She also becomes my first good friend.

Mom and Dad had another baby. This is Vivian.

Finally, my young adult birthday arrives! I didnít really want a party, so Mom and Dad helped me celebrate.

I add Loves Outdoors to my traits for no good reason except that itís good for a happiness boost. Watcher is really, really indecisive sometimes!

As soon as I move out, I call Nuihaur over. I sure hope he feels the same about me as I do about him. Until next time!

Traits: Vegetarian, Art Lover, Loves Outdoors
Lot: Mid-Nowhere, Windenburg
Spouse:
Children:
Move-out requirements:
  1. Career: (0/10)
  2. Unique skill: (0/10)
  3. Earned 10k satisfaction points: (0K/10K)
  4. Earned $10,000: (0K/10K)
  5. 10 good friends: (1/10)  Nonhuman (0/2)
  7. 10 parties: (0/10)
  8. 10 whims for 10 different emotions: (5/10)
  9. 10 different community lots for min. 2 hrs each: (0/10)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #65 on: September 21, 2019, 03:49:15 PM »
Ana is a very cute evolution of Joaquin.
Just from your screenshots, I'm guessing grandpa's jawline with papa's eyes and mama's fuller mouth?
One can never go wrong with the Charisma skill and Loves the Outdoors trait! Lol!

How crazy that all three male sims at the park were dark-skinned blondes!
Is that Nulhaur in the front? Definitely the best-looking and great traits.

Haha, what a sneaky last screenshot that is!
I found myself thinking: Ocean in the background, but not Brindleton....where? where?
No, don't tell me. I love the suspense!
Great job, Francisco! You are an exemplar of dynasty heirs everywhere!

Offline Meg

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #66 on: September 23, 2019, 04:37:53 AM »
Good job, Francisco! Are the blondes all dark-skinned because theyíre tanned from being in Sulani? Either way, Nuihaur is very handsome, he and Ana will have striking children.

Offline reggikko

• Immortal
Re: Lynx in the Chain: A Power of Ten Dynasty--updated 24 September
« Reply #67 on: September 24, 2019, 12:46:17 PM »
Thanks, @Meg !

As soon as Nuihaur arrives, I ask him to move in. Weíre BFFís, so of course he says yes!

Because he brings in $20K, weíre able to build a house right away.

I start romancing him immediately because I want to get a nooboo on the way ASAP. If we wait, it will slow down our progress and weíre trying to avoid having a lot of days with nothing to do.

Nuihaur and I have our first date at Municipal Muses. We make sure to spend at least two hours there. Thanks to a comment our Watcher read, she decided weíll try to start combining the community lot visits with some of our parties. Why didnít we think of that initially? Of course, this date doesn't count as a party.

By the end of the date Nuihaur agrees to be my boyfriend.

We then head home to celebrate.

Since I have the option to throw up, Watcher knows Iím pregnant.

The next day, Nuihaur proposes and I accept.

We have a small ceremony at the Von Haunt Estate.

My little sister, Vivian, is in attendance. Nuihaur and I spend some time dancing with her.

We earn a gold medal and get some cool gifts, which we sell so that we can buy more practical things.

Itís amazing that I could go from being a teen to being married and expecting a nooboo within the span of two days!

Spouse: Nuihaur Hauata
Children:
Move-out requirements:
  1. Career: Entertainer (3/10)
  2. Unique skill: Piano (0/10)
  3. Earned 10k satisfaction points: (3K/10K)
  4. Earned $10,000: (0K/10K)
  5. 10 good friends: (1/10)  Nonhuman (0/2)
  7. 10 parties: (1/10)
  8. 10 whims for 10 different emotions: (5/10)
  9. 10 different community lots for min. 2 hrs each: (2/10)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #68 on: September 24, 2019, 01:16:50 PM »
How nice that Nuihaur came with a dowry!
The house looks great--looking forward to seeing more of it. I like your choice of weathered grey (blue?) flooring.

Haha, I'm pretty sure I never saw that "Throw up" option on a toilet before. Is it new?
That was an action-packed first two days! And Ana even squeezed in a proper wedding!

Offline Meg

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #69 on: September 25, 2019, 11:12:35 AM »
Anaís off to a great start. I love the house, very modern.

@oshizu I think the Ďthrow upí option has been there a long time, if not always. Itís a good way of telling if your sim should take a pregnancy test or not, so you can avoid the sad moodlet if theyíre not pregnant.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #70 on: September 25, 2019, 11:41:27 PM »
Anaís off to a great start. I love the house, very modern.

@oshizu I think the Ďthrow upí option has been there a long time, if not always. Itís a good way of telling if your sim should take a pregnancy test or not, so you can avoid the sad moodlet if theyíre not pregnant.

@Meg
I don't remember ever having seen it before, but I stopped simming completely from early December until last month.
I did see it in my P10 game today. :D  Thanks for the tip.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #71 on: October 02, 2019, 06:25:50 PM »
Ana and Nuihar make such a great couple!  I can hardly wait to see what the nooboo is like and who he/she resembles the most.  The house is adorable.  Love it when they come with cash!!  Makes it so much easier to have a real place to start.  I love that lot, by the way.  Close to so many things and lovely surroundings.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #72 on: October 03, 2019, 12:15:38 AM »
Wowza, moving fast, Reggiko ^^ Can't wait to see nooboos!

Offline reggikko

• Immortal
Re: Lynx in the Chain: A Power of Ten Dynasty--updated 4 October
« Reply #73 on: October 04, 2019, 05:27:16 PM »
@Joria and @Shewolf13 Thanks for reading and commenting! I am trying to play through rather quickly. :)

ANA

Iíve been pretty busy working on my requirements. I maxed my unique skill!

I decided I want my collection to be piano skill books, so I completed the Renaissance Sim aspiration and worked on writing. Writing was going to be a unique skill, but it makes more sense to have it be shared.

I made two nonhuman good friends.

Oh! I guess I should mention that Nuihaur and I had our nooboo.

Ramon: Why arenít there any nooboo pictures of me?
Watcher: Um, wellÖ..

We have lots of toddler pics which are much more interesting anyway.

Ramon: Sand tassel!

Ana: To borrow a line from another Watcher, you know what this means. I headed over to Mom and Dadís house to meet my youngest sisters, Suzanne and Hannah. 

Toddler playdate! Vivian, Suzanne, and Hannah all came with Dad. For some reason, Mom showed up a little later.

Nuihaur brought some Veggie Dumplings for the kids to share.

There was dancing,

Hanging out,

And an attempt at talking to some of the kids who were at the park.

I guess Vivian didnít know that potties were added to the restrooms. Whew!

The party was a big hit.

Next time, Ramon becomes a big boy. Thanks for reading!

Children: Ramon Lynx
Move-out requirements:
  1. Career: Entertainer (6/10)
  2. Unique skill: Piano (10/10)
  5. 10 good friends: (4/10)  Nonhuman (2/2)
  6. 10 freelance gigs or odd jobs: (4/10)
  7. 10 parties: (2/10)
  8. 10 whims for 10 different emotions: (7/10)
  9. 10 different community lots for min. 2 hrs each: (4/10)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #74 on: October 04, 2019, 11:14:05 PM »
The green-eyed ginger Ramon is quite adorable!!!
Wonderful screenshots of his facial expressions, too! His eyes are huge!
All the toddlers are so cute, doing what they do during the toddler play-date.

And what a great (local) idea to befriend the Von Haunt ghosts!
I know you prefer smaller households and houses. How do you like your Mid-Nowhere beach house?
You know, I didn't actually realize it had beach access until your sims moved there.

Also, my founder and his spouse are elders now.
When they pass away, I'm considering leaving their urns at a potential cemetery lot then build the graveyard at the next changing-of-the-heirs. Maybe on the Shimuzu lot?
Your thoughts on that?
Looking forward to meeting Ramon next time as a little scout!

Offline reggikko

• Immortal
« Reply #75 on: October 04, 2019, 11:42:09 PM »
I love playing Windenburg Island and yes, I do love a smaller lot. It can be a little tricky because there's not really room for a telescope or a large garden if the house is only one story, as this one is. The only issue is that it was cloudy for about a Sim week. That doesn't make for the best screen shots.

It's too bad the Von Haunt estate doesn't have much outdoor space. That would make a great cemetery. Shimizu is good since it has all of that unused space, but I'd be concerned about ghosts disrupting the restaurant.

You now have me hooked on the toddler playdate. It's such a fun party. I love the toddlers in this game and their party outfits are so adorable. Maybe my next generation will have more than one nooboo early on. I do like getting a pregnancy going before the heir moves out for keeping the house occupied longer and having toddlers to invite to parties.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #76 on: October 05, 2019, 11:35:41 AM »
Oh my watcher! Those eyes! He's so cute. He's going to be a heartbreaker for sure!

Love toddler play dates so much. They are just too cute!

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #77 on: October 07, 2019, 04:22:42 PM »
Oh my goodness the curly curls on Ramon!!!  Can you get more adorable?  Loved the toddler party and hope to do one in future.  Loved Ramon's sand play as well.  Toddlers are a handful but so darned cute it's worth the work.  Loved the pic of Anna's piano accomplishment.  I really need to be on the ball more for those kinds of shots.  (slow fingers) 

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline reggikko

• Immortal
Re: Lynx in the Chain: A Power of Ten Dynasty--updated 13 October
« Reply #78 on: October 13, 2019, 06:35:20 PM »
@Joria and @Shewolf13 Thank you so much for reading and commenting!

Ana

Itís time for our little guy to grow up.

Hereís Ramon dancing with his Aunt Vivian at his party. I think Nuihaur and I will keep the tradition of having a nooboo at around the same time as the heir does. After all, we donít want to deprive certain readers of their Toddler Play Dates!

Begone, Pear! No one invited you and thereís no way you are going to become a part of this dynasty.

Ramon takes advantage of Franciscoís ability to mentor him in chess. Logic skill is so useful for so many careers that itís a good idea to max that before moving out.

Of course, parties are for socializing, so he did some of that, too.

The next day, Ramon had his first Scout meeting. Completing Scouts is a must for all children in the dynasty.

Since Ramonís unique skill will be Fitness, he does the Rambunctious Scamp aspiration. Heíll also complete Whiz Kid, but thatís it. Our Watcher prefers to start working on adult skills rather than spending time on childhood aspirations that wonít help in some way later.

Ramon and I spend two hours at Hare Square. He maxes the logic skill and I complete another community lot visit. I only need two more.

After he maxes Logic, Ramon starts building his fishing skill.

We threw a Spooky Party at the Salty Paws Saloon. Combining community lot visits with parties is where itís at!

Wow, thatís some ďcostumeĒ there, Dad.

Caleb Vatore showed up as himself. I guess itís fitting that a vampire doesnít really need a Spooky costume.

Our last party and community lot visit! We held Ramonís teen birthday at Club Calico.

Nuihaurís expression pretty much sums it up. Donít worry, Ramon. Weíll have you fixed up in no time.

Ramon: How utterly mortifying.

Next time: Teen stuff, looking for Ms (or Mr) Right, and a dolphin!

Children: Ramon Lynx
Move-out requirements:
  1. Career: Entertainer--Musician (9/10)
  2. Unique skill: Piano (10/10)
  5. 10 good friends: (10/10)  Nonhuman (2/2)
  6. 10 freelance gigs or odd jobs: (10/10)
  7. 10 parties: (10/10)
  9. 10 different community lots for min. 2 hrs each: (10/10)
  10. 10-item collection: (5/10) --Piano Skill books

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #79 on: October 13, 2019, 07:16:30 PM »
I'm always excited to notice you've updated your P10 Dynasty! Yay!
We need like a special spray or something...Pear Begone!

Nice. Ana has only one more career promotion and five more collection items, then she's done with her requirements!
I'm glad to hear you'll be favoring us with more toddler play dates. They're so cute!
Ramon is a beautiful child but looks so forlorn on his birthday. Hurry and get with his makeover, Watcher!

Best wishes to you on those last two weeks!
Looking forward to learning about Ramon's teenhood, the spouse search (this!), and the dolphin!

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #80 on: October 13, 2019, 10:01:16 PM »
That last shot, oh my watcher! lol I laughed a bit too hard at it XD Poor thing. He needs a makeover, stat!

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #81 on: October 13, 2019, 11:49:26 PM »
How to go from adorable hair to horrible hair!  yikes!  Really moving along and I love it.  Not sure how one does a party at like a restaurant or bar.  Mine are always at home where I can control it all.

----------
My No Buy Story