Author Topic: Restaurant Simpossible  (Read 11258 times)

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
Re: Restaurant Simpossible
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2019, 03:06:36 AM »
I couldn't work out what to do once I started, so put me down as DNF as I gave up.

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2019, 06:06:48 PM »
I couldn't work out what to do once I started, so put me down as DNF as I gave up.

Dek - do you mind stating how many days you gave it before calling it quits? Did you accumulate any score at all?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline SoulGal7

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2019, 01:30:54 AM »
My sim, Chef Sammy Powers successfully completed the Restaurant Simpossible challenge, with the following scores

Stars:  All restaurants obtained 5-star rating = 25/10 = 2.5
Perks: 23,350 perk points (770 unused) x 2.5 = 58,375

I had a few problems with the restaurant critics coming to the lot and then leaving. Finally, 2 gave me some reviews. And, of course, sims sitting and then getting up, so missed out on the meal recommendations. I had a chef and waiter not show up two days in a row on my last restaurant, Chez Llama, but even with the bugs, it was fun.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2019, 01:56:53 AM »

Dek - do you mind stating how many days you gave it before calling it quits? Did you accumulate any score at all?

Not at all.

It was about to the end of week 1 and it was only 1 star for the first one. I think I would have been under 100 perk points, or perhaps under 50 perk points.

In other words very low and it was very painful for me

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2019, 02:03:57 PM »
When my Sim, Rachael Ray was done with all the restaurants, she had acquired the following:
Hogans Burger Bar - 2,590 perk points and a 4-star rating;
Sunnyside Up Diner - 3,000 perk points and a 4-star rating;
L'attente Bistro – 4,050 perk points and a 4-star rating;
Villa Bovine – 3,175 perk points and a 4-star rating;
Chez Llama -  4,120 perk points and a 4-star rating.

Total Perk Points = 16,935

Total Star Rating = 20/10 = 2.0

Total = 16,935 X 2.0 = 33,870

Thanks for another awesome challenge, team, as always!  Congratulations on becoming a team member, GlazeyLady 8).

Coolsim

Offline techiechick

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2019, 11:40:55 PM »
When we're adding up our Perk Points, do we try to subtract the points that carried over from previous restaurants?

Offline Whimsical Peanut

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2019, 08:04:06 AM »
This year unfortunatelly, due to work & business travels, I didn't manage to submit many scores although I did start a few challenges.

I am at my test run now and I got a bug where the food is served but guests are not eating it and keep losing stars until they eventually leave.
Also another bug where after finishing their food they are not leaving at all just sit there and my staff is getting very tired & tense :(

In these cases are we allowed to use resetsim?

Cheers!
WP

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2019, 10:48:12 AM »
When we're adding up our Perk Points, do we try to subtract the points that carried over from previous restaurants?

No. From the rules...

Perk Points. Purchased Perks, as well as any unspent Perk Points, carry over from restaurant to restaurant, so when you are done add together all spent and unspent points for your total.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2019, 10:49:34 AM »
This year unfortunatelly, due to work & business travels, I didn't manage to submit many scores although I did start a few challenges.

I am at my test run now and I got a bug where the food is served but guests are not eating it and keep losing stars until they eventually leave.
Also another bug where after finishing their food they are not leaving at all just sit there and my staff is getting very tired & tense :(

In these cases are we allowed to use resetsim?

Cheers!
WP

Yep, in that case which is clearly a bug you're fine in doing resetsim.

Offline techiechick

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2019, 12:59:22 PM »

No. From the rules...

Perk Points. Purchased Perks, as well as any unspent Perk Points, carry over from restaurant to restaurant, so when you are done add together all spent and unspent points for your total.

OK. I might be confused, then. So when we post our score stating how many perk points were earned by each restaurant, is that number just the amount of perk points in hand at the point we sold the restaurant? (Added to whatever perks we purchased while that restaurant was active?)

So say when I sell Hogan's Burger Bar I've purchased 1500 points worth of perks, with 375 remaining in hand. My score for Hogan's would be 1875. When I go to calculate my score for Sunnyside Up Diner, I don't subtract those 375 from however many points I have in hand when I sell Sunnyside?

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2019, 01:39:35 PM »

No. From the rules...

OK. I might be confused, then. So when we post our score stating how many perk points were earned by each restaurant, is that number just the amount of perk points in hand at the point we sold the restaurant? (Added to whatever perks we purchased while that restaurant was active?)

So say when I sell Hogan's Burger Bar I've purchased 1500 points worth of perks, with 375 remaining in hand. My score for Hogan's would be 1875. When I go to calculate my score for Sunnyside Up Diner, I don't subtract those 375 from however many points I have in hand when I sell Sunnyside?

I just popped in my Discord channel and asked Glazey if unspent perks carry over from restaurant to restaurant. She said she was pretty sure they do -- yes, I know I should know the answer myself but I am not fully versed in that content myself. But, if that's the case, your Hogan's Burger Bar score is 1500 because the 375 is carried over to Sunnyside Up, and on and on. So, you'll get a grand total of unspent points at the end of the 5th restaurant.

Offline SoulGal7

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2019, 09:22:37 PM »
When I posted my score, I didn't add the unused perk points to my score, just listed them as unused. Did I do that wrong?

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #27 on: October 20, 2019, 09:46:57 PM »
When I posted my score, I didn't add the unused perk points to my score, just listed them as unused. Did I do that wrong?

Yes, and I am sorry I did not catch that earlier. I'll fix your score. :)

Offline SoulGal7

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2019, 06:46:08 AM »
Thanks, I still think I did the score wrong. So sorry about this. So, say if Hogan's Burgers had 1,950 perk points, then Sunny Side Up had 4,050 points, would you then also add the $1,950 perk points from Hogan's Burgers to the Sunny Side Up perk points? So then the total would be Hogan's Burgers - 1,950 + Sunny Side Up 4,050 + Hogan's Burgers (again) 1,950 = Total 7,950? or would it be Hogan's Burgers 1,950 + Sunny Side Up 4,050 = Total 6,000?

Sorry, I am just really confused on the scoring part about that carry-over. I did write down all the perk points each individual restaurant made, so if I did the score wrong, I can resubmit. Thanks :)

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #29 on: October 21, 2019, 07:05:02 AM »
Thanks, I still think I did the score wrong. So sorry about this. So, say if Hogan's Burgers had 1,950 perk points, then Sunny Side Up had 4,050 points, would you then also add the $1,950 perk points from Hogan's Burgers to the Sunny Side Up perk points? So then the total would be Hogan's Burgers - 1,950 + Sunny Side Up 4,050 + Hogan's Burgers (again) 1,950 = Total 7,950? or would it be Hogan's Burgers 1,950 + Sunny Side Up 4,050 = Total 6,000?

Sorry, I am just really confused on the scoring part about that carry-over. I did write down all the perk points each individual restaurant made, so if I did the score wrong, I can resubmit. Thanks :)

Just keep track of how many perk points you spend on each restaurant. That is their individual score. Unspent perk points that you would have by the time you sell your 5th restaurant would just be added to that restaurant's score. Does that make sense? Can anyone else explain how to do this better?

anything