Author Topic: 2019 Challenge Tournament Finale: Let's Play Bingo!  (Read 32367 times)

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
Re: 2019 Challenge Tournament Finale: Let's Play Bingo!
« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2019, 12:07:16 AM »
ok ... two further questions

"One sim purchases 25k in reward traits" - does this mean that the various potions and Mermadic Kelp won't count?

I'm okay with the potions and Kelp counting, but let's see what others say.

"10 unique upgrades each on a unique object" - does this mean at least one word in each object need to be different or it needs to be 10 different objects regardless of name? So I could give an upgrade to an ambassador toilet and a different one to a modern relief toilet, but I couldn't buy two ambassador toilets and give a unique upgrade to each? Or can I buy two ambassadors and give each a unique upgrade for it to count each time?

This particular square is Glazey's suggestion and I am guessing that neither of your interpretations would fly because a toilet is a toilet. So, you'd do one type of upgrade -- i.e. nonbreakable on a toilet. But, then toilets are done. You move on to sinks or whatever for a totally different upgrade (not nonbreakable). Glazey can chime in if I read her mind correctly. ;)

Good question, @Deklitch.  Yes, @Metropolis Man, you read my mind exactly.   :D

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #31 on: October 10, 2019, 04:54:21 AM »
Thank you both for those clarifications

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #32 on: October 10, 2019, 07:38:11 AM »
Just a clarification on the following. I added "in the household" in case someone had ideas to bring in occults after CAS.

• In CAS, create a YA Sim. Alien or Human. Vampires, Mermaids, and Spellcasters are not allowed in the household.

Offline Vesper

• Occult
« Reply #33 on: October 11, 2019, 09:37:21 AM »
this looks amazing, and hard. I'm worried I'll have a pathetic lone sim without even one bingo to invite a friend until the end of week three.

Please could you clarify about joining the household. You have to first invite someone to move in and then can add other sims. The additional sims you add can presumably be birthed into the house, or married into the house as well but cannot be added via manage worlds. What about adoption?

The six consecutive parties need to achieve a medal but this doesn't have to be gold right?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #34 on: October 11, 2019, 10:49:28 AM »
Please could you clarify about joining the household. You have to first invite someone to move in and then can add other sims. The additional sims you add can presumably be birthed into the house, or married into the house as well but cannot be added via manage worlds. What about adoption?

You cannot go to the Manage Worlds screen to move Sims in, but when you ask a Sim to move in you're allowed to move other Sims at that time along with the Sim you asked to move in.

The six consecutive parties need to achieve a medal but this doesn't have to be gold right?

Right.

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
« Reply #35 on: October 11, 2019, 12:34:53 PM »
What about adoption?

Any reason not to allow adoption?  My first thought was that if you adopted two teens that would really be an advantage to the Having Teens with A's - I would consider those two adoptees to NOT be twins, but not sure if everyone would see it that way if they were adopted on the same day.  So wondering if we should say adoption is ok but must be at the baby stage.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #36 on: October 11, 2019, 12:43:11 PM »
What about adoption?

Any reason not to allow adoption?  My first thought was that if you adopted two teens that would really be an advantage to the Having Teens with A's - I would consider those two adoptees to NOT be twins, but not sure if everyone would see it that way if they were adopted on the same day.  So wondering if we should say adoption is ok but must be at the baby stage.

I feel the same. Adoption is fine, but only babies.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Vesper

• Occult
« Reply #37 on: October 11, 2019, 03:28:44 PM »
thanks for your responses

so do you do need to complete a bingo before having children?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #38 on: October 11, 2019, 03:38:17 PM »
thanks for your responses

so do you do need to complete a bingo before having children?

Correct. From the rules...

• No adding to the household until your Sim has completed one bingo (across, down, or diagonal).

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #39 on: October 13, 2019, 05:57:58 PM »
Important: I just wanted to give everyone a heads up that individual bingo square changes are coming this week. Not a ton of changes, but after some testing it seems that some of the squares are nearly impossible to pull off in 3 weeks. The important thing to remember is when it comes time to start your scoring file, that's when you want to print out the bingo card just in case there are additional changes. Do not work off of the card as it is now.

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #40 on: October 13, 2019, 06:46:25 PM »
Important: I just wanted to give everyone a heads up that individual bingo square changes are coming this week. Not a ton of changes, but after some testing it seems that some of the squares are nearly impossible to pull off in 3 weeks. The important thing to remember is when it comes time to start your scoring file, that's when you want to print out the bingo card just in case there are additional changes. Do not work off of the card as it is now.

The team may also want to reconsider the tracking of $35K in book royalties. The game tracks to 25K, but to track the rest, the player would have to catch the very brief daily royalties pop-up, which is very easy to miss. Of course, please disregard if there's another way to track that I'm unaware of! :)

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
« Reply #41 on: October 13, 2019, 09:24:00 PM »
The team may also want to reconsider the tracking of $35K in book royalties. The game tracks to 25K, but to track the rest, the player would have to catch the very brief daily royalties pop-up, which is very easy to miss. Of course, please disregard if there's another way to track that I'm unaware of! :)

@reggikko When you say the game tracks to $25k, are you talking about what shows on the Notification Wall in the upper right of the screen? That's the only place I know about that shows royalties - and if you have a lot of books, it doesn't show them all.  Not sure if you're talking about that and it stops adding to the list once you hit $25k, or if there's somewhere else this gets tracked that I don't know about.

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #42 on: October 13, 2019, 11:01:07 PM »
The Bestselling Author aspiration tracks to 25K. As you point out, if you miss the main royalty notification, it’s impossible to get it from your saved notifications if you have a lot of books.

Offline Nikitachi

• Occult
« Reply #43 on: October 14, 2019, 01:16:40 AM »

Wow, that's interesting. I really wonder what these are. So far, they all seem absolutely doable for me, given the fact that you can add whatever townies you want...

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #44 on: October 14, 2019, 02:32:27 AM »
Oh good ... I was thinking there's no way I can do more than two or three of them :P

Guess that's why I'm in the lower part of the order and not coming second.