Author Topic: How to enroll multiple sims?  (Read 90148 times)

Offline igor140

• Llama Wrangler
How to enroll multiple sims?
« on: November 16, 2019, 12:02:43 AM »
I could have sworn I read somewhere that it's possible to enroll two sims at a time in a single university... but as soon as I "enrolled" with one, I was immediately shuttled to the new town, with no option of bringing the twin sister along.

Was that information incorrect, or did I miss something?

On a related note, what happens to the sims left behind? 

Offline Kamxam

• Llama Wrangler
Re: How to enroll multiple sims?
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2019, 08:59:19 AM »
On mine before I left to go to the University, I had the option screen to move sims like you see when you add or remove people. [Like when you move, get  married, etc.]

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline igor140

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2019, 09:33:38 AM »
I got that too, but I couldn't move the second sim, or enroll her.  Do you HAVE to leave some one at home?

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2019, 12:30:58 PM »
I got good news and bad news. The good news it is indeed possible to enroll two sims into the same uni and have them live in the same housing. The bad news you have to do it one at a time. First enroll the first sim and move them to the chosen Uni. I would save after. Then go to neighborhood screen, find the original household and select the other sim you wish to send to Uni to play. Send the second sim to the same Uni and choose the same housing, They will both be enrolled and both be in the same household if you do it right. It is kinda lame you can't do both sims at once but you can send up to 8 sims to uni at once if there is 8 bed in the selected housing. I hope this helps.

Offline igor140

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2019, 01:12:46 PM »
Well, thank you for the response.  That does indeed suck...

On the upside, it means I can send my whole family of 5 at once!

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2019, 04:06:30 PM »
The basic concept to know is that any sim moved into any other lot that already houses a sim will become part of your active household.

The last sim in your original existing household to be enrolled will bring the furniture and remaining funds with them as the house will be sold as they leave the lot to move to uni. If you don't want the furniture just click to sell it. So when you go back for your last sim remember to place any particular items you want into your household inventory so they don't get sold if you do choose the 'sell furniture' option.

Be careful if you decide to move multiple sims from say the dorms to a University House as if you choose the incorrect lot to move the second sim into you will be stuck with your sim in different households as you can't move sims into Uni Housing or dorms through the Manage World menu. If anyone has found a work around that doesn't quitting without saving let me know as I haven't figured anything out yet.

The reason you have to enroll each of your own sims individually is because of the way this 'housing rule' works really. It's clunky for the user and time consuming if you have a large household to enroll but does allow for other bonuses. One bonus is now when you ask another sim to join your household there is no loading screen like there used to be.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Puppetmaster1

• Townie
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2019, 01:33:52 PM »
Well, thank you for the response.  That does indeed suck...

On the upside, it means I can send my whole family of 5 at once!

Do you enroll them at the same time?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2019, 02:35:30 PM »

Do you enroll them at the same time?

When you enroll, you immediately pick your housing and get split off into a separate household.  So, enroll one, as soon as you're done and they're standing in their new dorm, save and Manage Worlds, switch back to the original household, enroll the second one and choose the same housing.

Offline techiechick

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2019, 04:45:16 PM »
I just started my first University playthrough (bought the pack in the holiday sale!). I wanted to try it out on a new Sim and not one of my existing households, so I made a fresh YA Sim in Story Mode and enrolled her in University right away. She was the only person in her household in Windenburg. When she moved to the dorm housing at Britechester it added one of the other dorm residents into her household. Like, so that I could actually play him, not just that he was an NPC living in the same dorm.

I kicked him out of school so that I didn't have to try to play two Sims on my first shot at university, but it seemed strange. Has anybody else had that happen?

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
  • Oh the grill indoors will be fine!
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2019, 05:21:42 PM »
I know one of the dorms (it is Wyvern Hall, I checked), has two sims that will be part of one's playable household. Becca Clarke and Julia Wright. What's really happening is we're having our sim join the 'Best of Friends' household. And there's Cameron Fletcher at Foxbury. 

If that's what you experienced, well, it's a design choice. It can be fun to have roommates, but if you chose the Drake Hall at Britechester or Tidal Tower at Foxbury, then it'll just be your sim.

If it was some other sim, I'd say it's a bug.
It is a little thing of my own. I call it "Heart Foam". I shall not publish it. Farewell! Patience, Patience, farewell!

Exit Bunthorne.

Online Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2020, 12:26:45 AM »
I know one of the dorms (it is Wyvern Hall, I checked), has two sims that will be part of one's playable household. Becca Clarke and Julia Wright. What's really happening is we're having our sim join the 'Best of Friends' household. And there's Cameron Fletcher at Foxbury. 

If that's what you experienced, well, it's a design choice. It can be fun to have roommates, but if you chose the Drake Hall at Britechester or Tidal Tower at Foxbury, then it'll just be your sim.

If it was some other sim, I'd say it's a bug.
Carl mentioned that in his videos, and it had me scratching my head because I didn't have it happen.  I think the difference is that he moved into the bigger dorms, while I moved my sims into the smaller, more expensive option. 

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
  • Oh the grill indoors will be fine!
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2020, 02:15:30 AM »
Just push [M], as if you're going to travel, or use Manage Worlds and you can see exactly what dorms have what people in, just like you can see where the Goths live. There's no mystery.

I imagine the game might even re-populate them with households in the same way regular houses get new blood. Before enrolling, especially if a save has been going a while, it'll be good practice to check the dorms before enrolling.
It is a little thing of my own. I call it "Heart Foam". I shall not publish it. Farewell! Patience, Patience, farewell!

Exit Bunthorne.