Author Topic: Kava Party: Can't call sims to drink kava  (Read 8586 times)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Kava Party: Can't call sims to drink kava
« on: November 27, 2019, 09:32:45 PM »
Is anyone else having problems with the kava bowls since the last two patches?
Before the pre-DU patch, I was able to click on a kava bowl and choose the "Call sims to drink kava" (or something like that) every time.
Yesterday, ii had my sim throw two kava parties in a row.

*The first party, she never completed the "Invite guests to drink kava" goal because the option wasn't availalbe. She earned a bronze medal.
*The second party, I tried moving the kava bowl around to different surfaces and to different positions on the same table. Half the time, there was no "Call sims to drink kava" option at all.

I am playing a save without cc or mods.
I guess the workaround would be to be happy with bronze-medal kava parties.

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
  • Oh the grill indoors will be fine!
Re: Kava Party: Can't call sims to drink kava
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2019, 02:15:09 AM »
I've had at least three kava parties since DU, and one of those was just yesterday since the latest patch (idly messing around with Nookstone ideas). I struggled with a toast in that one.

I remember children / teens not being able to drink and hence, not able to invite others to drink. I'm throwing that out there, because I have failed a kava party for this reason. I'm also easily persuaded that it's a bug.
It is a little thing of my own. I call it "Heart Foam". I shall not publish it. Farewell! Patience, Patience, farewell!

Exit Bunthorne.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2019, 08:34:42 PM »
I still have the 'call to grab a drink' option available when I click on a filled kava bowl both during a Kava Party and when there is no social even happening. Maybe just one of those annoying glitches for you?

I used the 'call to grab a drink' option on a filled kava bowl during a Kava Party and the requirement checked off.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2019, 02:58:52 PM »
Thank you both for your feedback.
When I threw the second party, I didn't invite the household's two children but they remained in the club (just off a distance fishing).

I'll do a little more testing with this in the same save and let you know.
Perhaps the key is to have the children on a different lot and disable the club.

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2019, 03:36:25 PM »
Ok, I read the title for this thread wrong, and I was like "Why would anyone want to drink lava?"

Yeah, KAVA, that sounds like it would be more fun...

Offline Lisa

• Nooboo
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2019, 11:02:14 PM »
If you are still wondering, I think the kava bowl is sensitive to placement, so make sure it is easily accessible. I would put it in the center outer edge of a counter for example/change the position until the option Call To Grab Drink is available.

Teenagers not being able to drink or call to drink is by design: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/BY-DESIGN-IL-Teens-can-not-make-Kava-or-drink-Kava/td-p/7965985

Kava: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kava

:D

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2019, 11:08:40 AM »
I founder just threw a Kava party and had no problems at all. She actually got a Gold Medal party. Where are you placing the bowl?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2019, 02:42:31 PM »
I founder just threw a Kava party and had no problems at all. She actually got a Gold Medal party. Where are you placing the bowl?

My first party might have failed because my heir had invited his child-age kids.
The second kava party earned a gold medal, but the heir couldn't invite sims to drink kava without trying several different surfaces, like various positions on counters and tables.
I don't remember kava bowls being so picky before. I've not thrown a kava party since the last generation, so we'll try again.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2019, 04:22:09 PM »
@Playalot and @sdhoey

Just wanted to report that my next-generation heir threw a kava party while his kids were at school.
No problems at all with inviting other sims to drink kava.
So I guess inviting primary-school age kids to a kava party was the problem? Not sure, but I'll avoid doing that in the future.
Thank you for your feedback.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2019, 04:57:11 PM »
The teens and kiddos can't drink kava, as you know, but what I have seen happen is that when the host calls everyone to drink the kids and teens still queue up to get a drink but because they can't finish the action they seem to get temporarily frozen trying to and so block other sims from reaching the bowl. The attempt to grab kava does drop out of their queue but it may have just been there long enough for the guest sims queued up 'grab a drink' to also drop. They also just seem to join the party even though I hadn't included them in the party invite but I guess as they were household members it joins them automatically where I had supposed kids and teens would have been excluded.

I had to make sure I was watching the teens/kids queues and cancel the grab a drink action during my kava test which was quite the pain as you need to get everyone drinking quite often during these events!

So yeah! I agree, no kiddos or teens on the lot during a kava event makes the whole lumpy process just that bit smoother.  :)
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.