Author Topic: Fighting for Them  (Read 5334 times)

Offline Ally3772

• Immortal
My Stories:
Figuring It Out / Something to Hide *Complete*
-----
It's just a spark, but it's enough to keep me going.
And when it's dark out, no one's around, it keeps glowing. <3

Offline Ally3772

• Immortal
Re: Fighting for Them
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2019, 12:06:09 AM »
Chapter One

"I never wanted you anyway."

The was the last thing my mother said to me as I was whisked away from the house I once called a home. I remember sitting in the back of that car feeling so scared and alone, it was cold out and I was shivering while the lady in the drivers seat droned on and on. I wasn't listening to her, or maybe I was but I wasn't processing it. I remember walking into this big building and seeing rows and rows of beds and what seemed like hundreds of kids running around and playing. I squeezed the ladies hand as she tried to leave me, telling me that I was going to stay here until they could find me a home. From then on I couldn't count on both hands how many homes I was bounced around. Growing up I never knew why it happened or why I was removed from my mother. It wasn't until I was old enough to see my file that I learned that she was sick and needed help mentally. They told me she wasn't fit to be a mother, but then why would she have me? Did she never love me? Or did I do something to make her stop? It messed me up a lot when I thought about it too much. Once I was old enough to support myself I ran away, just packed my bags from my last foster home and left. I was never taken seriously at the past few foster homes when I told them what I wanted to be when I grew up. They would tell me that I would never do it, or that it was too big of a dream. Then again I was always placed into homes with multiple kids so I chalked it up as them being too busy for me.

I decided when I grew up that I would become a Personal Attorney. I wanted to be someone who could help not only children but adults get out of a crappy situation. Maybe even stop children from having to go through what I went through. I know that Foster Care is a great thing, but sometimes it's not handled the best way and I wanted to fight for the people who couldn't fight for themselves. After packing my bags and running away I didn't really have a plan. I picked a local park and crashed there for a little while I filled out applications and scholarships for college. I had a little stash saved up and even though it wasn't a lot it was a start. I had to wait a few days before hearing back from the scholarships so it was hanging around the park for me. My name is Emma Stewart, and I was ready to fight for the people.

The days passed and I found out that I was denied on all three of the scholarships.

To say that I was bummed was an understatement. What was I going to do now? I researched more options and came up with very little aside from reapplying next year. Maybe they were right, maybe I couldn't do it. Who would want a freckled face red head as their lawyer anyway?

The next morning I woke up to an email on my phone from a counselor at Foxbury University wanting to meet with me. I quickly got up before hailing a taxi and going to the next town. Stepping out of the taxi I was met with the same fear and anxiety I had the night I was taken from my home. There were so many people who were rushing around to get where they needed to go, cars were honking and people were screaming and laughing. I walked up to the building that the email said I needed to be at and took the elevator to the fourth floor. I informed the desk clerk that I was here and took a seat.

"Emma?"

My head lifted and I stood up and followed the woman in this little quiet office. She invited me to take a seat on the other side of her desk.

"Hello, my name is Jessica Cliffton. How are you?" She asked.

"I'm fine." I said, nervously.

"So, I was going over your scholarship applications and unfortunately they were denied as you are aware." She said.

I nodded.

"What is it that you are hoping to go for?" She asked.

"Well, I want to be a Private Attorney."

"And what made you want to become one of those?"

I told her my story without going into great detail. I watched as she nodded and wrote things down in a file before turning around and reaching for a packet of papers.

"Unfortunately you do not qualify for anymore scholarships at this time, however there are other options."

"Like what?"

"Well, you can take out a student loan and make payments. Or you can pay out of pocket."

"I can't pay out of pocket, how likely am I going to be with getting a student loan?"

"Honestly, you have a good chance of being accepted for one."

It all happened so fast, but before I knew it I was enrolled in Foxbury University and placed in one of their housing. The elevator dinged and the doors opened, the first thing that I saw was a cute little seating area with a television on the wall. It must be the hangout place because there were several people around the couches. Each corner had a room and each room had two beds and two desks. I checked the bulletin board to see if we were automatically assigned a room.

"Hi! You must be new!"

I looked behind me to see a guy standing there.

"Yeah, I'm Emma." I told him.

"Hi Emma, I'm John." He smiled.

"So, how does this work? Am I assigned a roommate?"

"Well technically we are, but typically we just pick a bed and sleep in whichever one. A lot of the people here are never here long enough to sleep."

I nodded.

I ended up picking the blue room as I called it.

I ended up taking four classes this semester. Jessica tried to talk me down from four to two, but I insisted that I wanted a heavy load. I wanted to dive right into it and get the full experience of it. I regretted it the moment I had four different assignments and a project to prepare already. The homework had to be done before the first class and the project was a presentation that I had to work on before the deadline. I got right to work on it and since the rooms were so small I put the poster outside of my room. It was noisy most of the time when everyone was hanging out in the living room, but I did my best to block them out because I needed to focus.

"Can someone come be my guinea pig?" I called out.

Several people came walking over.

"So, I need to practice my presentation." I told them.

"What is it about?" A girl asked.

"Well, it is about our foster system and how we sometimes fail children."

I went along and gave them all the information I had at the time. I think some of them were shocked at just how much the foster system got wrong in terms of helping children.

The next day classes officially began and I showed up early. I took out my notebook and a couple of pens and pencils. I felt scared, but nervous, and it wasn't a bad kind of nervous. I was actually excited to learn, what was wrong with me?

"Welcome to Setting the Scene, in this course you will be learning charisma! Does anyone know what charisma is?" The professor asked.

I raised my hand.

"Go a head." She said.

"It's basically a way to use charm and influence people around you." I said.

"Very good! In what situations may you find charisma useful?"

"When asking for favors, or even in job interviews."

She nodded and continued the lecture, I smiled at myself as I began to take notes.

I stepped outside after the lecture feeling confident and proud of myself.

Day one of classes completed and I was free for the day.

When I got off the elevator I was greeted with the same mess as always. Trash was laying on the floor, spoiled food was on the table, and puddles of water were in the bathroom.

"This place is a mess!" I claimed.

"Then clean it!" Some jerk exclaimed.

"I shouldn't have to be the only one who cleans!"

"Emma! How's it going?"

I looked up from my homework.

"Oh! John right?" I asked.

"Yeah! How are classes going?"

"Amazing! I'm really liking it here!"

"That's good."

"What are you going for?"

"I want to be a musician!"

"Violin right?"

He nodded.

After talking with him and finishing up homework I decided to go explore the campus a bit more.

It was beautiful here!

I couldn't wait to find out what the other classes had in store for me.

I just hoped that it wasn't anything too hard.

Merry Christmas!

I got University as I can tell =P I hope you enjoyed this chapter of the new story! I can't wait to see where it takes me!
My Stories:
-----

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ally3772

• Immortal
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2019, 11:35:35 PM »
Chapter Two

My counselor wants me to make friends. Every time I tried though it seemed like they were already apart of a group or just didn't seem interested. It was the only thing I seemed to be struggling with here at university. She recommended I take part in the several of the "festivities" in the common area. So there I stood, feeling completely out of place. Several people were standing around the room with cups in their hands. A couple of people were doing keg stands and failing miserably at it. So where was I suppose to go? A few people walked past me and I awkwardly waved at them but they kept walking. I was able to spot the schools mascot from across the room and decided to head over.

"Can we get a picture?" I asked.

The crab nodded as I fumbled with my camera before managing to take a selfie.

"Awesome! Thanks!" I said.

He did a small dance.

"High five crab!"

He held up his claw.

I was unable to talk to anyone, let alone make friends, so I headed home in defeat. Maybe I wasn't cut out for having friends. I used the extra quiet in the dorm to tweak my presentation which was close to being able to be turned in. Then I worked on a few of my miscellaneous homework assignments. The last progress report I got back from my professor's seemed to have all good things to say and told me to keep it up. I walked out on the patio that overlooked the campus and watched the people around the court yard laughing and having fun. I smiled as I watched a couple on a bench kissing and laughing. Everyone seemed so happy here.

I decided that I needed to head to the library to work on my term paper. I grabbed my backpack and headed down the elevator.

"Hey." A guy said.

"Hello." I smiled awkwardly.

He was ruffling through some papers.

"You wouldn't happen to know where this room is?" He asked.

He showed me the slip of paper.

"Uh, yeah. Actually that's my room." I told him.

"Oh, you must be my new roommate!"

My old roommate got kicked out of the entire university for over partying and destroying school property.

"Well, my name is Emma."

"William." He greeted.

I told him where to go and gave him his key before heading to the library like originally planned.

William seemed nice, but I was nervous about sharing a room with a guy. I thought about it a lot as I spent hours working on my term paper. My fingers were sore by the time I finished editing it enough to submit it. I logged off the computer and packed my backpack up before heading back to the dorm. On my way I was stopped by a kiosk that seemed to be a shop for dorms. I shockingly had enough left over to splurge and get a few things. So I picked up a laptop, a nice lamp, a small plant, a microwave for food, and a mini fridge. Now I didn't need to depend on other people in the dorm bringing food and whether or not it would be good food at that.

The door to the dorm room opened and William walked in.

"Hello." He said.

"Hi." I whispered.

"How was your night?"

"Fine, yours?"

He sat on his bed, "It's taking a bit to get used to the layout, but it's going okay."

"Is this your first day?" I asked.

"Yeah. My classes start tomorrow." He told me.

I nodded.

"You?"

"I've been here for about a week."

"Is it hard?"

"At times yeah."

He looked around the room a bit before getting up and looking around.

"What's there to do around here?" He asked.

"Nothing much really, but I tend to stay at the dorm mostly." I told him.

"Not a big on partying?"

"Not at all."

He laughed, "Yeah me either."

I nodded.

We went to bed shortly after that.

"Ugh, this homework." I groaned.

"Can I help?" William asked.

"No, I need to get this." I sighed.

He was at his own desk working on his homework.

"What are you going for anyway?" He asked.

"Personal Attorney, what about you?"

"Psychology."

"That's interesting!"

He smiled.

In all honestly he was kinda cute. I was still getting to know him, and I was still super shy, but so far he seemed like a nice person. It was nice to have someone to talk too when he was around and he was new as well so we could share stories. He's gotten lost so many times while I thankfully haven't gotten lost once. I felt as if I was finally catching on to this, and I was able to keep up with all my homework and projects. So here's to hoping things kept up this way!

I'm having fun with this pack so far. It seems like the "term" is a bit short, so I'm trying not to rush, but we shall see if that will be possible! Hope you are enjoying!
My Stories:
-----

Offline Ally3772

• Immortal
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2019, 01:01:49 AM »
Chapter Three

The term was coming to an end.

Honestly if felt like this term had flown by. I had turned in my presentation board and aced it which made me happy. The only other things I had left were finals for the rest of my classes and I also had to meet with my counselor to set up classes for next term. I was kind of thinking of lessening the load of classes I take next term. I didn't really struggle that much with a full load of courses, but I felt like there was a lot more to see at the university. I was able to find the building where all of my finals were going to be taking place and the building was giant!

I still got anxious even though I was slowly learning the layout. I didn't want to be that one kid that had to sit through the entire class because they're too embarrassed that they were in the wrong class to begin with. I headed back to the dorm to find William sitting on the couches. I walked over and sat down next to him and watched what was on the television for a few moments.

"I hate final week." William said.

"Really? Cause the size of the building alone makes me want to hide in bed." I admitted.

He laughed.

"I have a fear of being lost." I told him.

"I think deep down everyone has that fear. Especially when you get left behind at the store."

I looked at him waiting for him to laugh, but he didn't.

"Wait, you were actually left at the store?!" I gasped.

"Yep, was there an entire hour before my parents realized." He told me.

"Oh no!"

"I got ice cream the entire week though, so I guess it was worth it." He chuckled.

I was enjoying William's company more than I thought I would. I actually found myself missing him when he wasn't around. I decided to walk around the court yard the next day while he was in class. Students were hurrying to their classes looking anxious and annoyed. I had no classes of finals today thankfully, but tomorrow started finals week for me. I was nervous, but I had spent more time than I care to admit studying for them. I walked down to the steps to where the statue sat in the middle of the grassy part of the court yard. For the fifth time someone has spray painted the statue, and for some reason campus security doesn't care. Yet here I was, cleaning it once again, just for someone to spray paint it again.

"I don't know why you bother."

I turned around to see some snooty girl standing there.

"Why do you care?" I asked.

"I don't, but it's a waste of your time."

"I'll worry about that, thank you though."

She just rolled her eyes and left.

It was probably weird but I wanted the campus to look nice. I'm sure it would ware off though the longer I was here. After finishing cleaning the statue I headed back to the dorm to study some more. Music filled the elevator as the doors opened.

"There she is!" Sarah said.

"I see James is practicing again." I laughed.

"He's nervous about his final tomorrow."

I walked up behind James who was going at it hard on his violin.

"Does he have to play this for it?" I asked.

"Yeah!" She told me.

We continued to listen to him play.

"It sounds really good!" I told him once he finished.

"Thank you, I just hope I don't mess it up tomorrow." He groaned.

"You won't!"

I looked around to see multiple dishes laying around.

"I swear, you guys would become the next episode of Hoarders if I wasn't around." I joked.

Sarah giggled.

"We just know you love cleaning." James shrugged.

"Uh huh." I snorted.

A Week Later

I felt like someone put my brain in a blender and smashed the full speed button a few times.

Final week was now officially over. I packed up my things and grabbed my notebook before turning in my final to the teacher. I headed out of the classroom and down the hall before leaving the building. This week had flown by and my brain felt like pure jello.

"Hey Emma!" Sarah smiled.

"Heading for your final?" I asked.

"You know it."

"Good luck!"

I smiled and waved at her before heading down the stairs.

I was heading to my counselors office for my appointment to pick out my classes for next term. I still had a decent amount of money so far so instead of taking out a loan and making payments I just paid out of pocket. I did request to stay in the same dorm and hopefully keep William as a roommate, although I wasn't sure of his plans. The appointment went quick as I headed back to the dorm. People were slowly coming out of different buildings as they finished up for the days. I rode the elevator up to the dorm and headed straight into the room. I was not in the mood for socializing with anyone in the common area. I closed the door behind me to see William sitting on his bed.

"You made it!" He joked.

"I did." I groaned.

I basically threw my backpack on the ground as I walked over to his bed and sat down next to him.

"How did you do?" He asked.

"Well, grades came back pretty quickly and my counselor informed me that I passed all of them with straight A's!"

"Nice! See, I told you that you had nothing to worry about."

I smiled.

"How did you do on yours?" I asked.

"Mostly A's but I got a C on one." He told me.

"A C isn't bad, I wouldn't worry about it!"

"Yeah, it shouldn't effect anything."

"So are you done with college after this?" I asked.

"Why, is someone gonna miss me?" He joked.

My face went bright red.

"Well I was joking, but by your face color I would guess that would be a yes." He giggled.

I groaned.

"To answer your question, yes I will be here next term."

"That's cool." I said shyly.

I scratched the back of my head nervously as I got up.

"Wait, where are you going?" He asked.

"I'm going to get started on some work for my next classes." I told him.

I sat down at my laptop.

"I thought the whole point of lesser classes was so that you didn't have to work so much on classwork?" He asked.

I glared at him, "A head start never killed anyone."

He rolled his eyes and laughed. He stretched out on the bed before picking up his phone and scrolling through SimBook. I laughed and turned to the laptop and began working, except it was hard to focus on the work because my stomach felt like it had butterflies in it.

What was that about?

Terms go by super fast I feel like!! Hope you guys are enjoying it!
My Stories:
-----

Offline Ally3772

• Immortal
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2020, 09:07:47 PM »
Chapter Four

I think I made a mistake taking less of a load in classes. I had a lot of free time, and I mean a lot.

"I brought us some food. " William said.

"YES!" I gasped.

I got off of the laptop and headed towards the beds.

"Hungry?" He giggled.

"Starving."

He started to pull the food from the bag and handed me a a burger and a carton of fries. I grabbed it and sat on my bed cross legged before unwrapping the burger and taking a bite.

"Mmm." I said smiling.

He giggled as he sat down on his bed.

"How was class?" I asked.

"Boring as ever, how was hanging around the dorm?" He asked.

"Same."

"Going stir crazy already?"

"Yes!"

"Did your counselor say if you could sign up late?"

"I cannot."

"That stinks."

I finished my one class for the day which meant I could fine tune my soccer skills on the laptop.

Everything was going as it always did, I was hanging out in the room waiting for William to get home. He should be here any moment and we usually just hung around the dorm. That was until I heard commotion going on in the common area. I closed my laptop and headed outside of the room to see what was going on. William was standing there, phone in hand, and just staring off in space.

"William?" I asked.

"He won't tell us what is wrong." John said.

"What happened?" I asked.

"He got a phone call, and then just went silent." He told me.

"William? William come here."

I grabbed his arm and tugged on it. He finally followed as I led him into our room and closed the door. I could get him to talk, we had become close in our time together. He stood there with the phone still in hand.

"William, tell me what happened." I said softly.

"I have to go." He said slowly.

"Go? Where do you have to go?" I asked.

"I-I have to go home. I have to drop out and I have to go."

"William, you're not making any sense. Please tell me what happened."

I put my hand on his arm gently.

"My parents.. My parents were in a car crash-"

I gasped, "Oh my god!"

"They were killed.. I have to go.."

"Will, you're in shock. Talk to your counselor and take some time off but you don't have to drop out!"

"You don't understand- I have to go."

"What don't I understand?"

"I have to go home to take care of my daughter."

I just looked at him.

"You have a daughter?" I asked.

"Yeah and I have to take care of her."

"Why didn't you tell me about her?" I asked.

"Because, I'm not very proud of the age I had her. I was young when I had her."

At this point we had somehow managed to make it to his bed and was sitting down next to each other.

"How old is she?"

"She's a child now, but my parents encouraged me to go to college. They agreed to watch her for me while I completed school, but now..."

I looked at the floor, my heart hurt for him.

"Be safe." I said.

"I will." He said.

I gave him a hug.

"I'll only be a phone call away."

"Thanks."

"Are you sure you don't want me to come with?"

"I'll be fine." He smiled.

After he left I got dressed and headed out to the court yard. The schools spirit squad was in the courtyard with a bunch of games and beer pong. I decided to sign up for it even though I didn't really know what it was about. It seemed like it could be fun.

"Thanks for signing up! I'm Emily, here is your shirt!" She smiled.

"Thanks." I said.

She smiled.

"Do we have to wear face paint?" I asked.

"Of course not!" Emily told me.

"Okay good."

"Do you wanna play a game of pong?"

"Sure!"

Emily ended up winning but it was still fun, and I even ran into the mascot again!

"Hey it's you!" I said.

He pointed at me with his claw.

"High five!"

I loved how our thing ended up being high fives, and I was determined to find out who the mascot was by the time school ended. I stayed there for a bit longer before heading back to campus. The elevators opened and I walked into the common area.

"How is Will?" John asked.

"He got there okay." I told them.

"Is he coming back?" One of the girls asked.

"I hope so." I said.

I talked with them for a few moments before heading to the room. It felt so empty in here without William here, I pulled out my phone to message him.

How are things? -E

Fine, still a bit shell shocked. -W

I can imagine, how is your daughter? -E

Shaken, but I think she understands. -W

You never told me her name. -E

Lilly. -W

That's very pretty. -E

I said goodnight before heading to bed. Although I couldn't sleep because I laid in bed staring at the ceiling wondering what his choice would be. I would understand of course if he chose to drop out and be with his daughter, but what about me? What about us? Was there an us? So many questions that I wanted the answer too.

Plot twist!
My Stories:
-----

Offline Ally3772

• Immortal
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2020, 10:45:21 PM »
Chapter Five

I walked into the dorm after taking my final for my own class. This term was already over and I couldn't believe it. I was confident though that I would get straight A's again, but grades wouldn't be sent out for another week. I unlocked the door to the room and walked in before gasping.

"Hi."

"You're back!" I gasped.

"I am." William smiled.

I ran over and hugged him.

"I've missed you." He said.

"You did?" I asked.

"More than you know."

He grabbed my hand and we sat on his bed.

"Are you staying?" I asked.

"I think so." He said.

"What about Lilly?"

"Well, her mom isn't in the picture, but a friend of mine offered to keep her."

"Was the mom ever in the picture?"

"No, she pretty much split after she was born. It's just been her and I ever since."

"I know how rough that is, my mom didn't want me. I was eventually taken from her because she was unable to take care of me."

"Where was your dad?"

"I never met him, and she never spoke of him either. I figured he didn't want me either."

"I'm sorry."

I smiled a little.

"So, how long are they able to keep her for?" I asked.

"Well, I talked to my counselor and they said that I'm closer to graduation than I thought. If I crack down on classes I can apply for early graduation when I feel like I'm ready." He explained.

"Awesome!" I said.

"What about you?" He asked.

"I have about eight more credits to go."

"Nice!"

I smiled, but apart of me was sad because that meant that he would no longer be my roommate. Winter time was here which meant that everyone had to break out their winter gear and suffer the cold. This week was dragging along as I waited anxiously for my grades.

The dorm was crowded because everyone was finishing up their finals for the term. It seemed like everyone that night decided to break out the board games because they were crowded around the table. I wasn't in the mood for it though so I decided to go get some air on the balcony and clear my mind.

"It's chilly out here, what are you doing?"

I turned around to see William standing there.

"It's not too bad out." I told him.

He closed the balcony door behind him as he walked over and stood next to me.

"What are you thinking about?" He asked me.

"What is gonna happen when you graduate?"

"What do you mean?"

"Like, will we stay in touch? Or will we just go our separate ways?"

"I want you to be in my life."

I looked at him, shocked by his words.

"Y-You do?"

"Come here."

He grabbed my hand, and I looked into his eyes as he slowly kissed me.

"Wha- What was that for?" I asked.

"You didn't like it?" He asked.

"I- Yeah I did, but I didn't think you felt the same way."

"I do, and I've honestly been wanting to ask you for a long time."

"Ask me what?"

He looked at me before grabbing my hands.

"Do you wanna go out with me? I know I sprung Lilly on you, and I'm not even sure if you want children, but I've had a crush on you from the start."

I was trying to play it cool, but inside I was screaming and jumping up and down.

"I would love to go out for you! For the record, I've always wanted kids and I cannot wait to meet Lilly!"

He smiled so big that I thought his cheeks were going to fall off.

"WHAT?!" I screamed.

"What's wrong?!" William gasped, rushing into the room.

"I-I'm on probation!" I gaped at the letter.

"How?!"

I handed him the letter as he read over it.

"So because you got D's in both your classes, you're on probation?!"

"I guess... But that's not all."

He continued to read.

"You have to move?!"

"They're kicking me out of dorms."

I sat down on my bed, tears coming to my eyes as I looked around the room that I had called home.

"I'm going with you. If they're kicking you out then I'm coming along." He told me.

"I don't want you to jeopardize anything." I told him.

"I'm going with."

I had until the end of the day to clear out my things and move into one of the lower housing units they had. There were three other people in the house already and with William coming along the house was full. There was a double bed upstairs and William and I had claimed that. I set my bags down and looked around the room.

"I cannot believe this is happening." I said.

"It's going to be okay, we'll get your grades back up and they will take you off of it." He told me.

"But what if I don't? What if I get kicked out and I don't get my degree?"

"Then we will figure that out when the time comes."

I sighed.

He walked over to me and rubbed my back. I decided to not put it off any longer and sign up for more classes, only this time I was loading up on classes again. For some reason I did better when I had a lot to do so I was hoping it would work the same way.

"What are you working on?" William asked, later that day.

"I have to do a presentation. I figured I would get a head start on it." I told him.

"You are determined, aren't you?"

"You betcha!"

I didn't want to be a college drop out. I set my mind on a dream and I was going to reach it if it killed me.

I have no idea how she got on probation because she did her homework and even studied. I'm hoping you guys are enjoying it though!
My Stories:
-----

Offline Ally3772

• Immortal
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2020, 01:58:25 AM »
Chapter Six

"Everything okay?"

William walked back into the room.

"Yeah, Lilly is missing me. I read her a story over the phone." He said.

"Aww, I can't wait to meet her."

He smiled and rubbed my back.

"It snowed again." I told him.

"Did it?" He asked, walking to the window.

"Not much, but just a fresh coat."

"Take a break." He said.

"I can't." I said.

"Come on, we can go see a movie."

I looked at him and smiled.

"I would love too, but there's five days left of the term. I have to study."

He sighed, "I understand."

"I'm sorry babe, I love you."

"I love you too."

I smiled. I'll never forget the first time he told me he loved me. It was late at night and we were laying in bed together. I was stressing about my grades, I did that a lot lately, and I was rambling on and on about something stupid. He just said it, and it was out of nowhere but it stopped me dead in my tracks. I asked him what he had said and he said it again like it was the easiest thing ever. The decision to say it back came with ease because I knew that I loved him back.

"God why can't they fix this thing?!" Olivia, a roommate, growled.

She was standing in front of the heater.

"Have you called the landlord?" I asked her.

"Five times, he claims he will be here when he can." She groaned.

"Which means he isn't coming at all." Andrew, another roommate, translated.

"Great." William said.

"Well, I guess it's winter clothing for the rest of the term."

I went to the fridge and got out two plates of left over cake and walked to the table. I set a plate in front of William and sat down across from him.

"So, are you going to graduate with me?" I asked him.

He looked at me like he had been holding something back.

"What?" I questioned.

"Well, I kind of already did." He told me.

"What do you mean?"

"I already graduated."

I gaped at him, "When?!"

"Yesterday, it was a spit second decision. Taking any more classes was just a waste of money that I can't waste."

I wanted to understand, but I also was looking forward to graduating with him.

"You didn't think to swing this by me?!" I yelled.

"I thought you would understand." He told me.

"I want too, but we started together William! I wanted to graduate together!" I hissed.

"Emma big ceremonies aren't my thing! I wanted to just get my diploma!"

"And what?! Just leave?"

"I never said that!" He screamed, standing up from the table.

"Well where else are you gonna go?" I questioned.

"The landlord said that I could stay with you until you graduated!"

I looked at him before standing up.

"Where are you going?" He asked.

"For a run."

I slammed the front door.

I was gone a few hours, but I knew that I would have to go back. He was sitting on the bed when I walked into the room.

"Hi." He said.

"Hey." I whispered.

"Look, I'm sorry." He apologized.

"I'm sorry too."

I walked over to the bed.

"This semester is driving me nuts." I said.

He giggled, "It's okay, I can handle a little crazy."

I slapped him playfully.

"I'm going to go clean up downstairs."

"You would think with how many people there are in this house, they would pitch in with the cleaning." I said.

"One would think."

Which gave me the time to work on some last minute homework.

What made you choose the profession you are seeking?

I want to help people that cannot defend and fight for themselves. As a child I had no one in my corner, and I was bounced from home to home until I was old enough to put an end to it. Not being wanted gave me strength to decide that I wanted to be their for children, teenagers, and even adults that are alone.

"It's cold out here, what are you doing?" William asked.

"Just this questionnaire." I told him.

"Can't you do it inside?" He asked.

"What's the difference? It's as cold in there as it is out here."

He laughed, "That is true."

I had five days to prove to this college that I was worth it. That I had what it took to graduate, but there was still a fear in me that I would fail. Then what would I do?

I should mention for story purposes that I have aging off. I don't want them to age too fast while I am still grasping the ropes of university.
My Stories:
-----

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ally3772

• Immortal
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2020, 12:49:43 AM »
Chapter Seven

"Can I tell you a secret?" I asked.

"Of course." Will said.

"I'm kind of ready for this to be over."

"For what to be over?"

I realized how it had sounded when he gave me a funny look.

"Oh! No! Not us! School, I'm kind of ready for school to be over."

"How come? You said you were excited for university."

"I was, and I am enjoying it, but I miss real food."

I said that as I was pulling a frozen burrito from the microwave.

"I hear you there, if I eat one more sweet I might have to be rolled out of here." Will laughed.

I sat down at the table.

"I'm also excited to meet Lilly, and to see where life takes us as a couple." I told him.

"Oh I'm marrying you." He told me.

I giggled, "You are, are you?"

"For sure."

I smiled at him. I was also getting quite bored of the same thing over and over again, I would wake up, study, go to class, study some more, and go to bed. There wasn't much to really do around university and I didn't have the funds to travel far distances a lot. However, I've made it a point to hit the gym in the next town over at least one day a week now. I've been gaining some weight so I wanted to lose some of it. It didn't help that we weren't eating proper meals like William had mentioned.

"Hey, you come here often?"

I turned around to see a creepy guy behind me.

"Uh, not really." I said.

"That's a shame, you're really pretty."

"Uh, thanks."

I grabbed my towel before heading to the shower. I locked the door to the bathroom before showering quickly, but when I walked out of the bathroom he was there.

"So where do you live?" He asked.

"With all due respect, I'm not going to tell you that." I told him.

"All good, but I would love to go on a date with you."

"I have a boyfriend."

"What a shame."

He was getting closer to me, so close that eventually I was pinned up against a locker.

"Is this man bothering you?"

Both of us looked to our left as we saw a girl standing there.

"I was just talking to her." He told her.

"I think she is ready to go home." The girl told him.

He looked at me and smiled before letting me go. I grabbed my things quickly and hurried out of the building.

"You're not going back there." William growled.

"I'm okay babe." I reassured him.

"I would have ripped him to shreds." He hissed.

I got up and hugged him.

"I'm fine, and I appreciate the offer but you're not hurting anyone."

"I just don't want to lose you."

I smiled and kissed him.

"You will never lose me."

He brushed the hair from my face and smiled at me.

"Finals start tomorrow." I groaned.

"You're going to do wonderful." He said.

"I should study."

He kissed my forehead before I headed downstairs.

The house was rather quiet today which was shocking. I pulled the chair out and sat down at the table before taking out my notebook and pencil. I took a deep breath as I began to take notes, I felt pretty confident about passing finals. I had so much information crammed into my head that half the time I even dreamt of the material we learned. I felt bad for William because the main focus I had was passing these finals in order to get off probation. He seemed understanding and supportive of me though which I was thankful for.

Tomorrow came quickly as I grabbed my backpack and rushed downstairs.

"Good luck!" Will said.

He gave me a kiss and handed me a cup of coffee to go before I headed out the door.

I was exhausted after several hours of finals.

"How did it go?" William asked.

I walked over and collapsed on bed.

"That bad?" He giggled.

"It was fine." I told him.

"How do you think you did?"

"Good, and I even think the grades will be posted by the end of the day."

"That's good, I know you've been stressed about it."

He rubbed my back, before I eventually fell asleep.

"Emma."

"Emma, wake up."

I groaned and turned over.

"Emma."

I opened my eyes to William standing over me.

"Wha- What's going on?" I asked.

"Grades are posted."

"They are?!"

He handed me his phone and I scrolled down to my name.

"OH MY GOD!" I screamed.

"What?"

"I got two A's and an A minus!!"

He gasped and kissed me.

"I told you that you would do wonderful!" He told me.

I hurried to the computer because as soon as grades are posted you can sign up for classes.

"How many more do you have?" William asked.

"I only have three more classes to take and I can graduate!" I said proudly.

"Awesome."

I signed up for the only three classes I could take.

"Another presentation." I groaned.

"They sure do like them." William said.

"I'm going to start on it now."

I set it up by the window and began to work on it.

Three more. Just three more classes and the rest of my life began.

I have mixed feelings about university. I enjoyed it more in Sims 3 when you got to physically go to class with your sim. In 4 you just stare at the building until they come out. That and I've been struggling with coming up with story content because there's very limited things to do I feel. I'm trying to like it, but something is missing. I hope you guys are enjoying it.
My Stories:
-----

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2020, 02:51:42 PM »
The student organizations help make things more interesting.  Robotics takes a TON of grinding to actually build a robot, but the club gives you something to do, even if you don't get a robot built.  I think the Art Society is UBrite only, but it's a good one to get into, because it's not very time-consuming but does help out your grades like the others do.  And then there's the secret society... Don't.  Just don't.  Picturing spooky rituals, wild parties, and connections with the wealthy and powerful?  Nope, we got SUPER annoying glowing butterflies.  And that's it.

Offline Ally3772

• Immortal
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2020, 12:53:51 AM »
Chapter Eight

"This goes here, and then, no!" I gasped.

"What's wrong?" William asked.

"I did it wrong!" I groaned.

He walked over.

"Can you fix it?" He asked.

"I hope so."

I scanned the poster for a way to cover up my mistake and decided that I would cover it up with some more facts.

"There."

"Finals week, are you ready?" Will asked.

"Ready as ever, these last three classes determine if I can graduate. If I fail even one then I have to retake it." I said.

"You have been working your butt off, there is no way you are failing any classes."

"I hope you're right."

He took my hand and led me over to the bed.

"Will, I have to work."

"Shhhh."

We eventually pulled apart and I smiled.

"Better?" He asked.

"Better." I told him.

"Now go and kick that posters butt!"

I laughed and stood up.

"All I'm saying is that you guys hog the good shower." Benita snared.

"And all I am saying is that we will be out of your hair in a little bit." William snared back to her.

Benita has been a pain in our butts ever since we moved in. She had black hair that was always pulled back into a braid, and she was so skinny that I thought her clothes would just slide off at any moment. I didn't know why she even complained because she was rarely at the house anyway. Her friend, Amber, was attached to her hip. She had straight brown hair and was the snootiest person right after Benita. I tended to stay in the room upstairs when they were around for this exact reason.

"Benita, we hog the shower because it's attached to the room." I told her.

"You only got that room because you talked the dean into letting your little boy toy stay with you." She glared.

"He's my boyfriend, and he already graduated here. If you have an issue with it, take it to the dean." I snapped.

"Whatever."

"Yeah, whatever."

I walked back upstairs to grab my things.

"Ignore them, they're just jealous." William said, walking into the room.

"I am, I will not let them distract me from today." I said.

"First final?"

"Yep! I turned in my poster board a head of time and now it's the written final."

"Let's take a picture!"

"Noooo." I groaned.

"To remember the moment!"

I sighed.

"Man!"

I gasped as I stepped out of the shower.

"I'm really gonna miss this shower." William laughed.

I laughed as he almost fell out of the shower.

"If only Benita knew what went on in it." I giggled.

"How did the final go?" He asked, breathlessly.

"I think I aced it." I told him.

"That's great babe!"

"Thank you for cheering me on throughout all this." I smiled.

"Of course."

He hugged me.

"This is the last one, the last final I have." I told myself.

"What are you doing in here?" William asked.

"I needed somewhere quiet." I told him.

I was in Benita's room shockingly, but like I said, she was never here.

"Last one, are you nervous?"

"Extremely, I have a few more hours of study time before I go in."

"One more class babe and we are home free." He told me.

"Do you think Lilly will like me?" I asked.

"I think she will love you."

"Where are we going to stay? Or are we even going to live together? I didn't even think of that, do I need to find a place to stay?"

"Well, I was going to wait until graduation, but I would love for you to move in with me."

I looked up at him and smiled.

"My parents left the house to me, the lawyer had called. The friend of mine that is watching Lilly is staying at the house while we are here."

"As long as this all isn't going to be too fast for Lilly."

He rubbed my back.

"It's sweet of you to worry about her." He smiled.

"She comes first, always." I told him.

The Next Day

"I PASSED!"

I ran downstairs where William was heating up some food. He practically dropped the plate he was holding as I ran up and hopped into his arms.

"I knew you would babe!" He cheered.

"Graduation is tonight, the counselor said that they usually do graduation on the night of the grade postings for seniors."

"That is insane, but super exciting! I will be there front row!"

I kissed him.

I was dressed in my graduation robe and standing in front of the school that night. This was it, this is what I worked so hard to achieve and it was here. I took a deep breath and closed my eyes replaying my whole life in my head up to this moment. Sometimes I thought about my mother, and where she was, and if she would even notice me if she saw me. I think in a way that it bothered me that she still held a little bit of control over me. After all, it was basically because of her that I was going for being a personal attorney. I brushed the gown down a little bit and took another deep breath to calm my nerves. I wondered if William was already in there, and where he was seated. I hope he got a seat closer to the front.

"Hey beautiful."

I turned around and there stood William, only he wasn't in his normal clothes, he was in a gown too!

"William! Wha- What's going on?!" I gasped.

"I talked to the dean, he said since I technically didn't walk across stage that I could do it now, with you." He smiled.

I covered my mouth in shock.

"Are you surprised?"

"Very!"

"There was no way I was going to let you walk across the stage without me." He told me.

"Thank you." I said, tears coming to my eyes.

"I knew how important it was to you."

I kissed him.

"I love you." I told him.

"I love you more." He said.

It was time.

I grabbed his hand and we headed into the auditorium.

Two hours later we officially were graduates of Foxbury University!

"We did it!" William said.

"It's been a crazy ride." I said.

"And I got to ride it with you."

I giggled, "That was cheesy."

He shrugged.

"So, what now?" I asked.

Suddenly he grabbed me and laid me back to kiss me.

"Now, we go home." He said.

He held out his hand, I smiled and grabbed it.

"Now we go home." I repeated.

I do not know why his hair was different, but I was too lazy to fix it. I didn't even know he would be there honestly, and he just showed up in a graduation gown. I'm excited to start the next chapter of this story! Time to meet Lilly!
My Stories:
-----

Offline Ally3772

• Immortal
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2020, 02:56:36 PM »
Chapter Nine

"DADDY!"

I set our bags down as Lilly came running to the door and jumped in Will's arms.

"Hi sweetie." He smiled.

"I missed you!"

"I missed you too, very much."

He set her down before shaking his friends hand.

"Thanks for watching her man." He said.

"No problem man, anytime." The friend said.

They said their goodbyes as William closed the door behind him.

"Daddy, who is this?" Lilly asked.

"This, this is my girlfriend." He introduced.

She looked up at me, "What's your name?"

"My name is Emma." I said smiling.

"That's a pretty name." She told me.

"I think yours is pretty too, and I even got you something."

I reached into one of my bags before pulling out a purple box with a purple bow.

"Your dad told me purple was one of your favorite colors." I told her.

"I love purple and pink!" She said, taking the box.

She slowly opened the lid and looked inside.

"Wow! It's a beanie bear!" She gasped.

"I hope you like it." I told her.

"I love it! Thank you!"

"How about you go to your room a bit while we settle in?" William suggested.

"Okay daddy!" She said.

I looked around, it was a nice sized house.

"So, this is my house." He said.

"Did you grow up here?" I asked.

"For the most part, Lilly's room was my room."

"That's neat."

"I'll show you around."

We were finally unpacked, and I was still feeling the anxiousness of a new place. I've never lived in a house with people who actually wanted me before. Lilly was sitting on the couch with William when I came downstairs.

"I missed you daddy." She said.

"I know, but I'm home now." He said.

"Are you going to leave again?" She asked.

"No, I am done with school."

"How about I make us some dinner?" I asked.

"Can we have spaghetti?" Lilly asked.

"I'll see what I can do!" I told her.

"Can we even watch a movie?!"

I giggled, it was cute at how excited she would get.

"I would love that." I told her.

"Yes!"

I walked into the kitchen, running my fingers over the smooth counter tops before opening the fridge. I was never allowed in the kitchen at any of my foster homes, and truth be told I had no idea what I was even doing. It couldn't be that hard to make spaghetti, I knew the basics of it at least. I took out what I needed and set it on the counter before looking at all the ingredients once I had them laid out.

"Do you need any help?" William asked.

"I think I got it." I told him.

He pulled out a bowl.

"Let's see if we can't spice up the fun." He said.

"What do you mean?" I giggled.

"Let's see who can finish it first."

"You're on!"

I giggled as I began to prep the salad.

William ended up winning, but that was because I began to talk a bit more. I was glad that Lilly seemed to warm up to me so far. I worried a bit that she wouldn't even give me a chance. I was excited to learn more about her but I didn't want to rush her into anything. We ate dinner while watching a movie that Lilly picked out. Overall it was a wonderful first day with them.

I couldn't wait for more.

Sorry for being gone a bit! I hope you like it!
My Stories:
-----

Offline Ally3772

• Immortal
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2020, 10:45:28 PM »
Chapter Ten

"What in the world is that shirt?" I giggled.

I was sitting on the front porch enjoying this beautiful day.

"This is what they made me wear." William groaned.

"Why?!"

"Apparently my shirt wasn't nice enough."

He had landed a job at the local school as an educator. There wasn't really any openings in the psychology career, but the school offered him a bonus in pay for the degree.

I kissed him and we walked inside.

"How has Lilly been?" He asked.

"Pretty good, she just finished her snack and now she is in her room working on homework." I smiled.

"You are amazing with her."

"Thank you."

I felt a little cheated with my career. I was told at the University that I would have a bit of a head start when I applied to be a private attorney but that was not the case when I went for my interview. But it was fine, I accepted the job anyway because I was anxious to begin.

"I'm going to begin dinner." I told him.

"What are we having?" He asked.

"Chicken and mashed potatoes."

"Mmm."

"Daddy! You're home!" Lilly said, sprinting into the kitchen.

"I am! How was school?" Will asked.

"Amazing! We are learning about volcanoes! We're even going to make some!"

He gasped, "That's so cool!"

I smiled as he talked to her about her day.

"What are you working on daddy?"

"My homework."

"You have homework?!"

"Yep! I have to grade my students homework."

"Sounds pretty boring." She admitted.

"It can be at times." He giggled.

She walked over to the counter.

"It smells good!" She said.

"Thank you." I smiled.

"What do I call you?" She asked, out of no where.

I looked over at William who mirrored my deer in headlights look.

"Um, well, whatever you are comfortable with." I said.

"I think I'll stick with Emma for now." She noted.

I nodded.

"Ten more minutes and it's bed time!" William said walking into Lilly's room.

"I'm playing!" She told him.

"I see that."

She was in the corner of her room in her tent.

"Emma! I named the bunny that you got me!" She told me.

"What is that?" I asked.

"Pinky!" She announced.

I smiled and told her that I loved the name. It sat in the tent in front of a stack of books she had, in case Pinky wanted to read she told me.

I decided it was time for a makeover.

So, when I dropped Lilly off at school I went shopping. I also went to the salon and got my hair cut and styled differently.

"Whoa." William said as I walked back in.

"Whoa good, or whoa bad?" I asked.

"Whoa as in I just felt my heart skip a beat." He said, placing a hand over his heart.

I blushed.

"You look stunning." He told me.

"That's good, I'm glad you like it!" I told him.

"Do you have the day off?" He asked.

"Yeah, you?"

"Yeah, maybe we could go have some fun."

He grabbed my hand and led me upstairs.

Later that day I was sitting at the island in my robe working on some case files.

"I thought you said you were off?" William teased.

"Doesn't mean I can't get a head." I told him.

He walked over and kissed my forehead.

I smiled, "Lilly should be home soon."

"I should get her snack ready."

"I'm home!" Lilly said.

"I'm making your snack! Wash up sweetie!" William told her.

She walked in a few moments later and already in her pajamas.

"I like your style." I giggled.

"I am ready to relax!" She said.

I smiled and nodded, William walked over and placed her food on the table. He walked over to her and kissed her forehead.

"Come and eat." He told her.

"A PB&J! My favorite!" She gasped.

"With the crust cut off."

"Thanks!"

I had been thinking a lot about Lilly's mother and the story behind it. I couldn't decide if I should pursue it, or just leave it be and wait for it to come naturally. I couldn't understand how someone could leave a little girl as sweet as Lilly.

"We made the volcano's today and mine went the highest!" She told me.

"That's great!" William said.

"The teacher asked if I wanted to participate in the schools science fair, but I don't know if I want too."

"Why not?"

"I don't want people to think I'm weird or a nerd."

"There is nothing wrong with either of those things sweetie."

"Maybe."

"I think you should do it." He told her.

"What if people laugh at me?" She asked.

"What if they don't?"

She sighed, "I'll think about it."

"Good."

I smiled and wrapped up with my case files.

Things were finally starting to feel like home and falling into place. I could live my life happily if this was how it was going to be.

Hope you enjoy!
My Stories:
-----

Offline Ally3772

• Immortal
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2020, 11:15:27 PM »
Chapter Eleven

"What are you looking at?" I asked.

I walked up to William as he looked out to the backyard.

"We still haven't done anything to the backyard." He mentioned.

"What did you want to do?" I asked.

He was silent for a moment.

"I think a pool could be fun, not a big one, but big enough. Then I want Lilly to have a swing set because I would take her to the park when she was little and she loved the swings. I almost had to take an entire swing home with me because she didn't want to get out of it."

I giggled at his story.

"I'll have some people come out and price check all of it." He told me.

I smiled and nodded, "I'm sure she would love it."

He smiled as I pulled away from kissing his cheek.

"Dad can I have some soup?" Lilly asked as she walked into the kitchen.

"Of course you can." He told her.

"I'll heat some up!" I offered.

Lilly walked over and plopped herself down on the bench next to William. I walked over to the fridge before scooping out some of the left over soup from last night into a bowl before putting it in the microwave. Once it was heated properly I walked it over to her and told her to be careful.

"I can't wait until school tomorrow." She stated.

"Oh yeah? Why is that?" Will asked.

"We get to find out if we can go to the zoo!" She said happily.

"Where is this zoo?" He asked.

"In the city! But don't worry, there's going to be grown ups with us!"

He giggled, "Well I'm glad to know my daughter won't be roaming with the animals alone."

I giggled along.

"Do they need anymore chaperones?" I offered.

"No, I think they have enough people." She told me.

I smiled and nodded, slightly disappointed. Lilly got up and pranced out of the room and William stood up and walked over to me.

"Hey, you okay?" He asked, putting his arms around my waist.

"Yeah, it's just been three months and I want to bond with her." I told him.

"She's still adjusting babe."

I nodded, "I know."

He gave me a kiss on the forehead and walked out of the room.

"What are you working on?" Lilly asked.

"Case files, they are going to consume me." I joked.

"What is it that you do?" She asked curiously.

"Well, I'm a personal attorney." I told her.

"What is that?"

"I help people who cannot help themselves. So if someone needed help getting custody of a child, they could hire me and I would help them."

"That's neat."

I smiled as she looked at the ground and kind swirled her foot around.

"Can I help you with anything?" I asked her.

"No, I'll let you get back to work." She said before leaving.

"I'm home!" William announced.

"In the kitchen!" I told him.

He walked in and set his bag down before walking over to me and kissing me on the lips.

"You're home early." He said.

"Yeah, decided to finish up at home." I said.

"Where is Lilly?"

"I think she is playing in her room."

He had gone to check and informed me that she was playing peacefully.

"How was your day?" I asked.

"Long and boring. How about yours?" He asked.

"I'm apparently still in the rookie roll. So lots of running around filling different orders for others."

"You'll get there babe."

I smiled at his confidence.

"I'm going to go get changed into something warmer, then we can start dinner." I told him.

Once back into the kitchen I started on the salad. He already started making his homemade sauce for the spaghetti.

"These kids are ruthless." He began.

"How so?" I asked.

"They don't listen. They don't respect me."

"I'm sorry baby."

"I'm going to make it a point to talk to the other teachers about how they get their kids to listen."

"That is a good idea."

A Week Later

It's been a hectic week, but as we stood and looked at the end result it was all worth it. William decided what he wanted to do with the backyard and we both agreed on how it should look. We had a small pool in one corner, a swing set in the other corner, and in the middle of it was a grill and picnic table area.

"This is so cool!" Lilly enthused.

I giggled, "It is, isn't it?"

William kissed me on the forehead.

"I'm going to go change into my swimming suit!" Lilly gasped.

William and I were already in ours so we decided to get right in.

"Oh man, the water is perfect!" I said.

"My floatie!" William claimed.

I floated next to it as he climbed on to the big blue fish floatie we had picked out at the store.

"This was a really good idea babe." Will said.

"I love it, adds more of a personalized touch to it all." I smiled.

Lilly came running back out.

"Can we have a water balloon fight?!" Lilly asked.

"Maybe Emma will play, daddy wants to relax." William said.

"I would love too!" I told her.

I climbed out of the pool and walked over to the bucket of pre-filled water balloons and selected one. However, by the time I was able to get in position Lilly had already threw one and it exploded right on my head.

"Ha ha!" She giggled.

"Oh I'm going to get you for that!" I warned.

"Hey now!" She gasped.

I threw a balloon and it hit her right in the stomach and exploded.

"EEEK!" She squealed.

"Oh yeah?" She asked.

She ran over to the bucket and grabbed a few before tossing them all at me.

"AAHH! HELP!"

I somehow managed to slip and I lost my footing causing me to fly in the air and land straight on my back.

"Emma!" William gasped.

I groaned on the hard and wet stone ground.

"Are you okay?! Emma I'm sorry!" Lilly said, rushing over.

William got off of the floatie and rushed over to me.

"I'm fine." I whispered, feeling the wind knocked out of me.

William grabbed a hold of me and helped me back onto my feet.

"Are you sure?" He asked.

"Yeah, I'm good."

"I'm sorry." Lilly said quietly, feeling bad.

"Don't be sweetie, you didn't mean too." I assured.

Back inside and fully clothed I worked on making us all some hot chocolate while William worked on grading papers. Lilly wanted to be included so she sat on the other side of the table and worked on her homework.

Overall it was an awesome day.

Hope you enjoyed it!
My Stories:
-----

Offline Ally3772

• Immortal
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2020, 10:13:46 PM »
Chapter Twelve

"I didn't say that William and you know it!" I screamed.

"You implied it!" He snapped back.

He angrily packed up his bag.

"I can imply a lot of things, but this wasn't one of them!"

"I have to go to work."

"Can't you call in?!" I snapped.

"No."

With that the front door swung shut with a bang.

I huffed at the door before turning and walking into the kitchen. It started off as a normal conversation about what happened to Lilly's mother. Like William had told me, he had Lilly when he was young. Her mother, decided t hat she wasn't ready for a kid and bailed on the third day. One thing led to another and the next thing I knew I apparently hinted that he wasn't ready to be a parent. I tried to tell him that I meant that her mother wasn't ready for it, but I guess I read it wrong. I tapped my fingers on the island before pulling out my phone and opening our conversation.

I can see how you might think that I meant you, but I wish that you knew that I didn't -E

I can't do this right now -W

We have to talk about this -E

It's fine -W

Don't give me that crap -E

Emma. Drop it -W

We'll talk later- E

Fine. -W

Today was one of my off days. So I decided to get a head on some work I was recently promoted to a Paralegal and I was excited to be getting closer to where I wanted to be. The law firm I worked at had a huge case right now so I was in the middle of filing some important contracts.

I guess I had been working for a few hours because the door opened and closed.

"I'm home!" Lilly called out.

"Oh hi! How was school?" I called.

She walked into the kitchen.

"It was fine, where is daddy?" She asked.

"Still at work."

She set her backpack on the chair next to me.

"Do you want a snack?" I asked.

"Sure!"

I closed my laptop and headed to the fridge.

"PB&J?"

"Please!"

I smiled as I dug out the jelly before getting the bread and the peanut butter. I set two slices of bread onto a plate before spreading the jelly on one piece and the peanut butter on the other. I cut it in triangles like she liked it before slicing up a banana. The front door opened before closing a few seconds later and William walked in. I set the plate in front of Lilly and wiped my hands off on the towel I had on my shoulder.

"Hi daddy!" Lilly greeted.

"Hey sweetie." He smiled.

He walked over to the fridge without a word to me. He grabbed a bowl of fruit salad and headed to the table taking a seat next to Lilly.

I bit my lip before deciding not to push it.

"How was school?" William asked.

"It was okay, pretty boring." She told him.

I grabbed my book and headed to the living room. I sat down on the couch and started reading.

A few hours passed before William walked into the living room.

"I hired a babysitter." He told me.

"For what?" I asked, confused.

"We're going out." He said.

"Where?"

"It's a surprise, go get dressed."

I couldn't help but smile a little. We hadn't talked all day, but something told me that the ice was about to break.

"What should I wear?" I asked, standing up.

"Something nice, maybe that blue dress?"

"Can I open them yet?" I asked.

"Not yet!" He laughed.

We stepped up a few stairs before he helped me sit down.

"Where are we?!" I giggled.

"Now. Open them now!" He told me.

I opened my eyes to find us sitting at the gazebo.

"Wow!" I gasped.

I looked around, we were in a park and it was lit perfectly. William walked over to me and sat down before taking my hands into his.

"I haven't treated you very well today." He started.

"I didn't mean anything by it." I told him.

"I know, but- I don't know, I try so hard to be there for her. To make sure that I am giving her everything that she wants and needs." He said.

"You do! You do so much for her! It's actually amazing to watch you with her. You love her so much and she knows that."

He smiled.

"When her mother left, I felt so lost. I was young myself and sure not ready to be a father, but this little girl. I remember the night that she left and just staring down at this little thing in my arms feeling completely helpless. My parents were a lot of help and very supportive. They are the reason that I was able to finish high school and even go to college. I just hope that I've raised her the right way so far."

"You have! She looks up to you."

"You're amazing." He said.

"I love you." I said to him.

"I love you too, and I have something for you." He said.

He pulled me up to my feet and led me to the middle of the gazebo. He pulled out a single red rose and handed it to me.

"It's beautiful!" I smiled.

"Just like you." He told me.

I giggled, "That was cheesy."

"Yeah, well hopefully this will make up for it." He said.

Before I could ask him what he meant by that he knelt on one knee.

I gasped.

"Emma, it's hard to believe that we met at the university and hit it off almost immediately. You are the first girl I've dated and the first girl I've brought home to Lilly. You push me to be the best person I can be and you inspire me every day. I would love nothing more than to wake up each morning to your beautiful face. Would you please do me the honor and become my wife?" He asked.

Tears filled my eyes as I covered my mouth.

"I'm getting nervous Emma." He laughed.

It wasn't until then that I realized I had made him wait for a few moments.

"Yes! Of course!" I gasped.

He slipped the ring on my finger and it was a perfect fit.

"It's gorgeous!" I told him.

He smiled and looked up at me.

He finally stood up and I gave him a gentle kiss.

"I love you." I told him.

"I love you too." He smiled.

"Do you think Lilly will be excited?" I asked as we waited for the taxi to come pick us up.

"I think she will be very happy." He told me.

"I hope she's fine with me being her mother, maybe not today but soon."

"She'll get there."

I smiled and kissed him on the cheek.

They're engaged!

I hope you enjoyed it!
My Stories:
-----

Offline Ally3772

• Immortal
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2020, 11:17:03 PM »
Chapter Thirteen

"Are you excited for the wedding?!" Lilly asked.

"I am very excited!" I told her.

She beamed up at me.

"I have my dress already picked out, but does it matter if it's black?" She questioned.

"I want you to wear whatever makes you feel comfortable." I told her.

"Awesome! I really like this dress."

I smiled at her as I finished eating my ham and cheese sandwich.

"Alright, go get dressed because the bus will be here in about fifteen minutes." I told her.

"Okay!"

She hopped off the chair and headed to her room. I walked over to the laptop and sat down to begin working on my case files I brought home. My phone buzzed and the screen lit up with a text message from William.

Good morning beautiful, I'm sorry I was gone before you woke up -W

It's fine sweetie, Lilly is getting dressed now -E

I love you, just a few more days <3 -W

I love you too, and I cannot wait! =] -E

Later that night after dinner we all settled on the couch for a movie.

"This one is apparently about a puppy that gets lost." Lilly told us.

"Well that sounds sad." I told her, even though it sounded kinda boring.

"I hope it's not." William added.

Halfway through the movie Lilly ended up falling asleep.

"We should take her to bed." I said.

"Give her a few moments, if we do it too soon she'll wake up again." He told me.

William turned to me and smiled.

"Are you ready for the big day?" I asked.

"Unbelievably ready." He grinned.

"You think Lilly is really okay with it?"

"She seems super happy about it."

"I can't wait to be a family."

The day was here and I was a lot more nervous than I thought I would be.

William planned the entire event but wouldn't tell me where the wedding was going to be at. I would have been happy getting married in the backyard, but he claimed that he had the perfect spot. He never ceased to amaze me with his little surprises. He was already at the venue getting ready and would send a limo when I was all ready. I stood in the bathroom taking deep breaths and fighting the nausea that was coursing through me. I had been feeling this way for a few minutes, and I had a suspicion of what it might be, but I wasn't ready to acknowledge it. I ran my fingers over my dress, it was a white strapless gown with diamonds on the top and a simple white gown for the rest of it. Once I was changed into it I applied my make up and put my hair up into a bun. I grabbed my veil before attaching it just below the bun in the back. I texted William to let him know that I was ready, the limo arrived within ten minutes and the person drove me to the venue. I stepped out and knew immediately where we were. It was Central Park where William took me to propose. Butterflies filled my stomach this time as I recalled that night and how happy I was.

"Over here!"

I looked over and saw William and Lilly standing over by the gate. I walked over, clutching some of my dress in my fists to prevent it getting dirty.

"Wow." William gasped.

"A good wow, I hope?" I asked.

"You look amazing." He said, I could notice that he was tearing up a bit.

"You look very pretty!" Lilly exclaimed.

"Well thank you, and may I say that I do love that dress!" I told her.

She beamed up at me.

"Well, shall we do this?" I asked.

"After you my princess." William said.

I blushed.

I beat him to the alter, and watching him walk down the isle to me was breathtaking.

This was really happening.

I was getting married.

William took my hands.

"Emma, what do you say to someone who takes your breath away every single day? I cannot get enough of you, from the moment I met you at University all the way up to the day we die, I will never get enough of you. You complete me, and you make me incredibly happy. I never got this far with Lilly's mother, and truthfully I never thought I would with anyone. Seeing you with Lilly blows me away and I am so thankful for that. I am anxious to see what the future holds for us, and I promise to love you through the good and especially the bad times."

I was crying at this point, so getting my vows out were going to be impossible.

"William, meeting you at University threw me for a loop. I promised myself that I was going to be focused on school and I wasn't going to get distracted by boys. Then you came along and it was out the window within minutes. Something about you made me feel safe and you give me the confidence to go for my dreams and then some. I remember how nervous you were to tell me about Lilly, but all that did was give me a bit more of you to love. I'm grateful for every day that I get to know her, she is an amazing little girl and I hope that I can make her happy as well. I love you so much and I cannot wait to go on this adventure with you."

After the vows were said we leaned in and kissed. I nearly jumped out of my skin when the confetti launched and firecrackers went off at the same time.

"We're married." He whispered.

"We are." I smiled.

"Is there going to be cake?" Lilly asked.

William and I laughed.

"Yes there is cake you little monster." William laughed.

I grabbed Williams hand and we walked inside the building. He had hired caterers to make the food and cake, even though it was just the three of us. William and I cut a piece of the wedding cake and fed each other the first bite.

"This is really good." He groaned.

"I think I may divorce you and marry this cake." I giggled.

"I understand."

I laughed.

"Where is Lilly?" He asked.

We looked around until we spotted her playing with some of her toys that she brought from home.

"She looks like she's having fun." I said.

"This morning was rough." He told me.

"How so?"

"She couldn't decide if she wanted to wear the dress or not, and it turned into a big ordeal because she thought black wasn't wedding material."

"She was so excited about that though."

"Oh I know, but she calmed down and decided to wear it."

"That's good."

"You look beautiful, I am the most luckiest man alive."

I hugged him tightly.

He took my by the hand and led my outside and down the pathway. We reached the gazebo and we walked up the steps and sat down on the bench.

"You recognize this place?" He asked.

"Of course! I knew where we were the second I stepped out of the limo." I smiled.

"It was the second best decision of my life, but I was so nervous."

"Why is that?"

"I thought you might say no."

I grunted and rolled my eyes.

"Hey! I was legit worried!" He laughed.

"I would never of dreamed of saying no."

We sat there talking for a while, but the sun was setting and it was getting late.

"Well, I'm going to go pay the bill. Would you mind finding Lilly for me?" He asked.

"Of course I will." I told him.

We split up and I walked inside finding Lilly laying on the couch asleep. I knelt down next to the couch and gave her a little nudge.

"Lilly, Lilly wake up." I whispered.

She groaned and sit up a little bit, "What's going on?"

"We're going home." I told her.

She sat up slowly and I helped her stand up.

"It was a great day." She said, sleepy.

"It really was."

"Can I ask you something?"

"Sure sweetie."

"Would it be okay if I called you mommy?"

I tried to hide my excitement and happiness, but I covered my mouth as tears filled my eyes.

"That would make me extremely happy." I told her.

"Good!"

I bent down and hugged her.

We were finally home and in comfortable pajamas.

"Lilly is knocked out." William said as he walked into the bedroom.

I smiled from the bed, "Yeah she was pretty wiped out."

He climbed into bed as I rubbed lotion onto my arms.

"So, how is my wife?" He asked.

"Pretty amazing, how is my husband?" I grinned.

"On top of the world."

I smiled, "That's good."

He looked at me for a moment, sensing something was off.

"Hey, is everything okay?" He asked.

"I think I might be pregnant."

BUM BUM BUMMMMM
My Stories:
-----