Author Topic: Carr Immortal Dynasty (Completed)  (Read 70069 times)

Offline starlives

• Llama Wrangler
Re: Carr Immortal Dynasty
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2020, 05:54:36 AM »
The toddlers are lovely. Congratulations.  I love the mini cooper - so appropriate to the 1960s vibe you have for Minnie.  Are you playing with Seasons?  Just wondered as both cake aging up shots are outdoors.

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2020, 08:58:17 AM »
Congrats on your first clone! And a little less on raising three toddlers at once.
Thanks.  And  :P.

The toddlers are lovely. Congratulations.  I love the mini cooper - so appropriate to the 1960s vibe you have for Minnie.  Are you playing with Seasons?  Just wondered as both cake aging up shots are outdoors.
Minnie really should have had an original 1960s Mini but I couldn't find one.  The Union Jack colour scheme is perfect, though.  She has a matching living room - I really must take a screenshot.
No, I'm not playing with Seasons.  I'm trying to keep things relatively simple so just have WA, Ambitions, Generations and UL switched on, along with several stuff packs (obviously including Fast Lane  :D).

Anyone want to play Guess the DNA Donor, by the way?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2020, 09:47:31 AM »
Anyone want to play Guess the DNA Donor, by the way?

I thought you'd never ask! Spoiler tags are alright for this...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2020, 02:49:53 PM »
Twin-Turbo

@Trip, well  done!  Yes, Mercedes is a clone of Naomi Nita.  Maybe I should try to find someone less easily identifiable next time – Naomi's eye colour and wide jaw are quite distinctive ;).

In other news, the house now has windows at the back (and a pair of largely empty terraces that will become an outdoor living area at some point).

40a.Rear of house.jpg

The indoor living/dining area is also a bit sparse but fits right in with the Swinging London vibe.

40b.Living_area.jpg

40c.Dining_area.jpg

Mercedes had another birthday…

41.Merc_child_BD.jpg

…and was given a sandpit as a present.

42.Sandpit.jpg

No prizes for guessing her future role in the household  :-\.

Minnie thankfully finished the toddler training (for this generation, at least) and took Morris off to the library to read painting books together.

43.Painting_books.jpg

She was finally able to get back to sculpting and completed her supermax; appropriately enough, with an ice sculpture of Austin.

44.Supermax.jpg

Minnie_supermax.JPG

Lennon came out of the diner at the end of a shift and found himself floating.  He seemed pretty relaxed about it…

45.Lennon_death.jpg

..and was happy to go with Grim.

46.Lennon_death.jpg

Like Evangeline, he'd only just made it to the end of the normal lifespan  :'(.

Later that night, the Carrs had their first burglary.  Unusually, the burglar didn't stay in the hallway, jumping up and down with her hands over her ears and complaining about the noise of the alarm, but carried on into the house.  Then, ignoring a number of valuable items on the way, she went down the new spiral staircase into the foundation, where there was literally nothing to steal.  Not even lights or wallpaper  ???.

47.Burglar.jpg

(I was glad she didn't go down another level into the basement – the museum's down there.)  Was she after the cars?  She must have been disappointed if so – there will be a door through into the garage at a later stage but for now there's just a blank wall.

Of course, the policeman who turned up to answer the alarm was at least as baffled as I was and insisted that the burglar had got away, even though she was still wandering around on the floor below ::).  It took several hours for her to find her way out again but at least she didn't seem to have stolen anything.

48.Twins_child_BD.jpg

The twins' child birthday rolled around and Minnie, enthralled as ever, helped them blow out their candles  :-\.

49.Twinkids.jpg

After they'd eaten their cakes and chosen their new outfits, Morris started practising painting, while Abrielle tutored Austin in photography.

50.Skilling.jpg

Credit: BuffSumm's Tavita 'Very British' furnishings, from TSR.

Offline Trident

• Occult
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2020, 10:28:30 PM »
Hooray, another Hazel Dynasty! With all those cloining samples, I'm looking forward to the unique genetics you'll be able to create. You also mentioned you'll be playing with less familiar skills and careers; I'm already fascinated.

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2020, 09:00:16 AM »
I don't know that much about the Lucky Palms townies so I'm hoping to be shocked and surprised later with the spouses. ;) Glad you're settling into the bold new world of CC nicely. It's a break from the usual dynasty house layouts (WHICH ARE VERY GOOD AND FUNCTIONAL thank you)

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2020, 12:42:35 PM »
Hooray, another Hazel Dynasty! With all those cloining samples, I'm looking forward to the unique genetics you'll be able to create.
Thanks :)  Provided that I don't lose any more of the DNA samples, it should be interesting.

You also mentioned you'll be playing with less familiar skills and careers; I'm already fascinated.
Well, not to start with: Minnie is a self-employed sculptor.  But I'm hoping to branch out a bit further along.

I don't know that much about the Lucky Palms townies so I'm hoping to be shocked and surprised later with the spouses. ;)
I'll do my best ;)

Glad you're settling into the bold new world of CC nicely. It's a break from the usual dynasty house layouts (WHICH ARE VERY GOOD AND FUNCTIONAL thank you)
I have used some CC in house builds before, although mostly bug fixes and things like EA-match windows.

In a way I wish I'd gone for a more practical layout rather than the long thin L shape, although I did want Minnie to have a 60s-ish house.  They're already having pathing issues now and again and I can imagine it driving me mad over the course of the dynasty.    (And why do they always head to the front door to teach kids to walk?!)  >:(

A central square living area with skilling rooms, and probably bedrooms for the current heir(s), around the outside, while former heirs are relegated elsewhere, would probably be best from a gameplay point of view.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2020, 12:53:52 PM »
Tearing up the L-Plates

Childhood passed uneventfully and soon Mercedes was sparkling again.

51.Teen_Mercedes.jpg

A few days later, it was the twins' turn.  Austin had a cake to make sure he stayed the older twin.  (A musical cake, apparently.)  And Minnie actually looked excited about a birthday for once  :o.

52.Austin_teen_cake.jpg

Morris was left to age up naturally a few hours later.

53.Teen_twins.jpg

All three registered as self-employed; Mercedes as a sculptor, Austin as a photographer and Morris as a painter.  Minnie, who had been foolish enough to wish to teach them to drive, spent a very busy weekend in the family's motive mobile – but all three teenagers had their licences by the time they went back to school on Monday.  As a reward, they were all bought cheapish cars.  (Although I'm inclined to think that it was Minnie who deserved a reward.)

54.Teens'_cars.jpg
(Morris' car at the back, Mercedes' in the middle and Austin's at the front.  Apart from the Big Lemon, none of them looks all that much like the appropriate make of car but never mind.)

55.Prom.jpg

Prom night had the usual quota of identical outfits (somehow I doubt it), fights and staring at the decorations.  Morris and Mercedes were Prom King and Queen – but it was Austin who ended the evening as the queen's romantic interest.  Morris didn't entirely miss out: he had his first kiss with a classmate, Latosha James.

Before any of us felt ready for it, Minnie had her final birthday.

56.Minnie_elder_BD.jpg

62.Elder_Minnie.jpg

She'd completed most of her requirements.  All that was left was to pose for the last set of museum pieces and then to make some more friends.  A few days working on her charisma skill sorted that out.  Now she just needed ambrosia.  Lennon had grown life fruit but hadn't managed to catch a deathfish.  Abrielle the overachiever maxed another two skills in a matter of days and was soon able to provide the missing ingredient and cook the dish.

57.Ambrosia.jpg

And, at 82 days, Minnie Carr became immortal.

58.Ambrosia.jpg

59.Ambrosia.jpg

Minnie

Traits: savvy sculptor, charismatic, family-oriented, nurturing, vehicle enthusiast.

Lifetime wish: Swimming in Cash
Career: Sculptor
Supermax skill: sculpting
Other maxed skills: none – but she's at level 9 of charisma, so mastery can't be far off.

Building: The Blooming Cactus Bistro
Property: Paint a Desert Art Gallery

Unique lifetime rewards: No Bills Ever, Fertility Treatment, Inheritance

Unique best friends: Jaycen Carr (né Hendrix), Donnovan Steel, Joshua Gilbert, Hanson Gilbert, Darby Butterfield, Tabbi Claremont.
(She had several more best friends, including her stepdaughter Jeanie and everyone in the active household.)

Unique opportunities: The Importance of Sculpting, Larger Than Necessary Doorstop, Your Best Work, Sculpture for a Friend, Sims On Ice, Valuable Sculpture.

Museum

60.Minnie_museum.jpg

61.Minnie_museum.jpg

Offline starlives

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2020, 05:57:06 AM »
Congratulations on your first Carr Immortal.  Just out of curiosity what week/day are you at when she ate ambrosia? One of the reasons I have never tried a Dynasty challenge is that I don't think I could maintain enthusiasm playing a long duration game.

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2020, 08:24:38 AM »
Thank you  ;D

I didn't record the week and day but a quick calculation says it should have been early in week 8.

Immortal Dynasties tend to go faster than legacies.  My first one finished on week 51 day 5, although I'm pretty sure this one will take longer.  Looking at the Hall of Fame, most people seem to finish between 50 and 65 weeks.  The record for the fastest finish is held by Vinyl's Fying family (day 3 of week 41, which is only a couple of days longer than the theoretical minimum).

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2020, 08:44:24 AM »
I once calculated the maximum for an all-female immortal dynasty where everyone gets pregnant the day before their elder birthday and it actually comes out as longer than the longest immortal dynasty played yet at around 82 weeks (record is 78 weeks). Add in a male and in theory the sky's the limit but in practice nobody has time for that.

ANYWAYS I kinda was worrying/hoping for a love triangle because prom works in mysterious ways. Though I guess it's easier in the long run for Austin this way because his supermax is bad enough.

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2020, 12:55:31 PM »
I once calculated the maximum for an all-female immortal dynasty where everyone gets pregnant the day before their elder birthday and it actually comes out as longer than the longest immortal dynasty played yet at around 82 weeks (record is 78 weeks). Add in a male and in theory the sky's the limit but in practice nobody has time for that.
I did start an dynasty just before this that was intended to push the limits for length: gens 1-6 male and the last two female (named after the planets, with Grim as Pluto pulling the strings because he resented being downgraded to a minor planet).  Gens 1 and 2 reproduced just after ambrosia and gen 3 had just aged up to YA when the file succumbed to terminal bugs.  I was enjoying the underlying story and building them a Greco-Roman villa but the game itself was just plain boring.

Also, I wasn't sure the U planet's name would be allowed on the forum...  ;)

ANYWAYS I kinda was worrying/hoping for a love triangle because prom works in mysterious ways. Though I guess it's easier in the long run for Austin this way because his supermax is bad enough.
I thought that Austin and Mercedes might end up together, because they were already best friends, while she was only friends with Morris.  If it had gone the other way, one of them would have had to ask to just be friends.  Sooner rather than later, preferably.  Might still have been a bit awkward with them all being in the same household, though.

Offline starlives

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2020, 05:23:04 AM »
Many thanks for your reply.  I will seriously consider trying a Dynasty challenge but not until I return to playing Sims3 but I think I would need to change my play style which is nearly always played on normal speed in both Sims3 and Sims4.  But not playing challenges does not mean I do not enjoy watching others do so and I am really enjoying your Carr Immortal Dynasty and am actually hoping it doesn't end too soon in real life time!

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2020, 10:23:22 AM »

The Domination Dynasty is by far the shortest but I found it the least interesting.  The 4x4 and DecaDynasty are probably my favourites, although they take longer than the Immortal Dynasty.  They tend to be about the same length, because the 4x4 uses the medium lifespan and early age-ups are allowed, which compensates for the extra six generations.

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2020, 11:20:44 AM »
Top Gear

It was birthday time again.  First Mercedes…

63.Merc_YA_BD.jpg

64.YA_Merc.jpg

…and then the twins.

65.Twins_YA_cakes.jpg

(Apologies for the quality of the picture of Austin.  He was up early and blew out his candles before it was properly light.  I included the screenshot anyway because his horrible teeth are visible for once.)

The twins sorted out their new looks.

66.YA_twins.jpg

Rather a lot of new looks in Austin's case :P.

67.Fashion_show.jpg

Now that their sons were grown up, Minnie and Jaycen moved into the room next to the sculpting studio, which had suddenly acquired a door and wallpaper…

68.Minnie_bedroom.jpg

…while the heir's bedroom was redecorated to match Austin's tastes.

69.Austin_heir_room.jpg

The whole household went to watch Austin and Morris graduate, although Mercedes must have been a bit miffed – her own graduation had somehow failed to happen.

70.Graduation.jpg

Now that travel was permitted, Austin took a solo trip to Al Simhara to buy a few things, notably another top-quality camera.  Until now, everyone had been sharing the one Minnie had eventually found in the consignment store after buying out their entire stock about a dozen times.  He did the whole tourist bit, taking photos of all the main sights, and managed to earn a level 1 visa in case the family wanted to take a longer trip later.  I don't think he was all that impressed by Egypt, though ;).

71.Egypt.jpg

After returning home, he sold most of his holiday snaps and became a level 10 photographer.  Now he could start on his real career.

72.Stylist.jpg

Criticising the stylist's haircut probably wasn't the best way to interview for the job  ::).

73.Stylist.jpg

He somehow got accepted anyway and the next day started work as a Fashion Fledgling, passing on his unique sense of style to the fortunate residents of Lucky Palms.

74.Makeover.jpg

Some clients were happier than others – although the makeovers went better once Darren had upgraded one of the styling stations.

75.Makeovers.jpg

Incidentally, why is it so dark in the salon?  You'd think a good light would be a pretty basic requirement.