Author Topic: Bill Nye's Science Invitational  (Read 5685 times)

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Bill Nye's Science Invitational
« Reply #100 on: May 11, 2020, 01:41:24 PM »
Its the clubs - I never use them properly.  I think the only time I did was on my Wonder Child challenge, but any other time I never even think about the benefits

You're not alone...although I did join a club on day 1 of this event. I actually did better in this event than I typically do. Go me. Lol. But, clubs, lot traits, etc etc...there's a million things to think about after what...6 years of Sims 4 content? I'm kind of looking forward to Sims 5 because I know the base game will be more stripped down than the current Sims 4. Just bring back open world for me!

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #101 on: May 11, 2020, 02:11:01 PM »
I could write so much about game mechanics I forget to use or forget exist in the first place.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #102 on: May 11, 2020, 09:10:21 PM »
I actually pondered 'to go to work or not to go to work', but decided to go to work.

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
« Reply #103 on: May 13, 2020, 07:34:56 AM »
Hey @Nikitachi, congrats on the win, while it would have been nice to win my own challenge I'm just glad to be a part of the cool "Second Place Club"  8)

I meant to post my strategy earlier but have been feeling unwell these past couple of days, I don't really think my strategy was that different from most peoples except for maybe a couple of things but I'll share with the class anyway.

Like Rachel I also hung around Willow Creek to snag some roses, everything else Frankie needed was purchased through the computer including Hematite crystals which were used to power his Crystal Crown to double his work gain. He also hacked his work performance regularly and lived in a micro home to boost skill gains with certain lot traits to help. I had him get the Entrepreneurial reward and Networked club perk as soon he could and sometimes he stayed late at work. I think that's most of it, I hope it's not too vague, I'm still recovering here.

As soon as Frankie got his brand new Chemistry Lab, this is what he decided to do with it: >:(

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Then this:

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

*Facepalms* First he set his new toy on fire, then he broke it and I'm sitting there going "REALLY?!" lol.

I'm glad everyone had fun with my challenge, me too and I hope you enjoy my pictures of my Sim being an idiot, lol.

Online Nikitachi

• Townie
« Reply #104 on: May 13, 2020, 07:37:43 AM »
I also tried to use the Crystal Crown, but it didn't seem to make any difference. I then googled that it's quite a common bug, unfortunately :(

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #105 on: May 13, 2020, 10:30:45 AM »
What does the crystal crown do? I only recently bought get famous in the sale.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Online Nikitachi

• Townie
« Reply #106 on: May 13, 2020, 10:34:23 AM »
What does the crystal crown do? I only recently bought get famous in the sale.

Rachel

It does a lot of things depending on a crystal you insert. Here is the guide: https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/expansionpacks/getfamous/celestial-crystal-crown.php

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ginj

• Occult
  • There's a dance in the old dame yet
    • Desjardins Story - A Sims 4 Legacy Challenge
« Reply #107 on: May 14, 2020, 12:42:22 PM »
I knew there was a good reason why I hadn't heard of the crystal crown.

anything