Author Topic: Bill Nye's Science Invitational  (Read 18436 times)

Offline SoulGal7

• Llama Wrangler
Re: Bill Nye's Science Invitational
« Reply #90 on: May 11, 2020, 08:13:09 AM »
@Nikitachi - Congrats on a superb win & your strategy of getting those promotions was great. I didn't really know (or forgot) about those opportunities from getting charisma and hacking. I think I need a binder to print out all the things you can do at each level of skills to get a better handle on these challenges, and then review them all before each new challenge. Again, congrats for winning this exciting challenge!

@ratchie - one thing I did learn in this challenge was that you can purchase pomegranates (an ingredient for the death flower) and roses under gifts on the computer.

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #91 on: May 11, 2020, 08:28:53 AM »
Great stuff, Nikitachi. Grats again on your victory. That was a great tip from Nutella. She was a great competitor and one of the best in her heyday.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
« Reply #92 on: May 11, 2020, 09:22:08 AM »
When I play legacies or other challenges, I generally never send my sim to the lab, but it never crossed my mind to do that here.  I also didn't consider the relationship with her coworkers and test all of the serums on them.  I have nothing useful to add - Hedy worked, had a lover, and made the inventions and serums while at work.  While this has always been a favorite career of mine, especially for founders, I am not approaching it very well on the whole. :)

Great job Nikitachi! 
2024 Tournament: Join the Fun!
My Tournament Updates: Coming 2024
Love My Sims: Completing challenges and legacies since May 7, 2007

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #93 on: May 11, 2020, 09:36:06 AM »
Jill Mye named her fantabulous sim ray Bill Nye in honour of the man who put his name to the letter that invited her to take part in the Science Invitational.

Jill was visited late one night by a gent who loved the night life ... Vlad 'the lad',
He did complement Jill on her neck, but she had no intention of giving a blood 'donation',
So Jill turned Bill on Vlad 'the lad' and turned him to ice,
By the next morning, he was gone, but before he did, she took a happy snap!

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Then, on another occasion, she was out using her telescope,
When she say strange lights in the sky,
She went and investigated,
And then she felt lighter than air

She also caught on fire and put out fire with Bill :D

Congrats all!

Offline Elinoee

• magnapVE
  • Townie
« Reply #94 on: May 11, 2020, 10:28:42 AM »
Congrats @Nikitachi ! Not going to work with your sim added with the other tips you used was definetely a great strategy!

I used charisma and progammation too for promotions,but finally abandoned programmation because the results were very uncertain.
Charisma worked well.

@Deklitch,my sim had the same little problems as yours (fires and aliens)   ;)

Offline Vesper

• Occult
« Reply #95 on: May 11, 2020, 11:01:06 AM »
congrats on the win and excellent strategy @Nikitachi

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #96 on: May 11, 2020, 11:14:25 AM »
Congratulations, Nikitachi! I thought not joining the Sim at work might be the key, but didn't think of that until afterwards. Well done!
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #97 on: May 11, 2020, 11:19:40 AM »
Congratulations, Nikitachi!

Offline SueDenim

• Townie
« Reply #98 on: May 11, 2020, 01:27:29 PM »
Nice job @Nikitachi !
I also used the microhome and study spot, convivial, and wifi lot traits.  Plus, I made all of my co-workers members of a club that boosted skill gains in programming and charisma. With all of that, you gain skills stupidly fast.  Plus, you have high friendship with all of your co-workers, which helps.

Stupidly, I went to work with Polla - and also hacking backfired on me in critical moments.

Still, a fun challenge!

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
« Reply #99 on: May 11, 2020, 01:34:08 PM »
Its the clubs - I never use them properly.  I think the only time I did was on my Wonder Child challenge, but any other time I never even think about the benefits
2024 Tournament: Join the Fun!
My Tournament Updates: Coming 2024
Love My Sims: Completing challenges and legacies since May 7, 2007

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #100 on: May 11, 2020, 01:41:24 PM »
Its the clubs - I never use them properly.  I think the only time I did was on my Wonder Child challenge, but any other time I never even think about the benefits

You're not alone...although I did join a club on day 1 of this event. I actually did better in this event than I typically do. Go me. Lol. But, clubs, lot traits, etc etc...there's a million things to think about after what...6 years of Sims 4 content? I'm kind of looking forward to Sims 5 because I know the base game will be more stripped down than the current Sims 4. Just bring back open world for me!

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #101 on: May 11, 2020, 02:11:01 PM »
I could write so much about game mechanics I forget to use or forget exist in the first place.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #102 on: May 11, 2020, 09:10:21 PM »
I actually pondered 'to go to work or not to go to work', but decided to go to work.

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
« Reply #103 on: May 13, 2020, 07:34:56 AM »
Hey @Nikitachi, congrats on the win, while it would have been nice to win my own challenge I'm just glad to be a part of the cool "Second Place Club"  8)

I meant to post my strategy earlier but have been feeling unwell these past couple of days, I don't really think my strategy was that different from most peoples except for maybe a couple of things but I'll share with the class anyway.

Like Rachel I also hung around Willow Creek to snag some roses, everything else Frankie needed was purchased through the computer including Hematite crystals which were used to power his Crystal Crown to double his work gain. He also hacked his work performance regularly and lived in a micro home to boost skill gains with certain lot traits to help. I had him get the Entrepreneurial reward and Networked club perk as soon he could and sometimes he stayed late at work. I think that's most of it, I hope it's not too vague, I'm still recovering here.

As soon as Frankie got his brand new Chemistry Lab, this is what he decided to do with it: >:(

Then this:

*Facepalms* First he set his new toy on fire, then he broke it and I'm sitting there going "REALLY?!" lol.

I'm glad everyone had fun with my challenge, me too and I hope you enjoy my pictures of my Sim being an idiot, lol.

Offline Nikitachi

• Occult
« Reply #104 on: May 13, 2020, 07:37:43 AM »
I also tried to use the Crystal Crown, but it didn't seem to make any difference. I then googled that it's quite a common bug, unfortunately :(