Author Topic: 2020 Mid-Season Major: A Townie Baby Boomer!  (Read 48520 times)

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: 2020 Mid-Season Major: A Townie Baby Boomer!
« Reply #120 on: May 02, 2020, 07:20:56 PM »
Manage households really oh my goodness I love you all. This makes life a lot easier.
I genuinely think I'm losing the plot this was the thought process I had earlier.
Do pets count as townies.
would pet babies count towards the total.
That's silly only one couple per household can reproduce.
Yeah but in comparison cats can potentially have more babies though.
Hmmm can cats adopt other cats?

I need a lie down lol
Rachel

Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #121 on: May 02, 2020, 07:48:29 PM »
Do pets count as townies.
would pet babies count towards the total.
That's silly only one couple per household can reproduce.
Yeah but in comparison cats can potentially have more babies though.
Hmmm can cats adopt other cats?

I need a lie down lol
Rachel

Pretty much "no" to every question, Rachel. :) Just ignore pets for this event.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #122 on: May 02, 2020, 08:21:36 PM »
Oh my I didn't mean it as a genuine question it was just a bunch of random thoughts based on the fact that pets counted as townies in the skills challenge and the fact I have far too much time on my hands . This is why I do not plan for challenges lol.
I also forget that sarcasm doesn't always translate well either

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #123 on: May 02, 2020, 10:16:08 PM »
I have a very complicated plan for this challenge.

I have an excel spreadsheet, word document, a powerpoint, an access database and a trello board. I have cross referenced across everything using binary code. Then I incorporate the hexidecimal color codes and run queries using php and perl not to mention an HTML webpage styled with CSS, coded by hand, none of this wordpress templates, thank you very much. Finally I look over it all and decide, this has all been a waste and get rid of it all and instead wait for the first day of the challenge and pants the challenge all the way to the end and end up with a glorious score of almost zero.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #124 on: May 03, 2020, 06:26:16 AM »
wait @Deklitch are you saying that I am supposed to actually execute my plan. That doesn't seem right.

Rachel Causebrook

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
« Reply #125 on: May 03, 2020, 08:04:35 AM »
I have a very complicated plan for this challenge.

I have an excel spreadsheet, word document, a powerpoint, an access database and a trello board. I have cross referenced across everything using binary code. Then I incorporate the hexidecimal color codes and run queries using php and perl not to mention an HTML webpage styled with CSS, coded by hand, none of this wordpress templates, thank you very much. Finally I look over it all and decide, this has all been a waste and get rid of it all and instead wait for the first day of the challenge and pants the challenge all the way to the end and end up with a glorious score of almost zero.

Sounds like you have been reading my notes.  The plan always falls apart the instant the sims are allowed freewill.
2024 Tournament: Join the Fun!
My Tournament Updates: Coming 2024
Love My Sims: Completing challenges and legacies since May 7, 2007

Offline mismck

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Townie
« Reply #126 on: May 03, 2020, 12:22:03 PM »
Townies can only be moved in game right? So via ask to move in getting married or buying a house.

You can ask to move in, get married, buy a house, or use Manage Households.  All are acceptable.

And all of these are only for Original Townies in actual houses/apartments and absolutely no Homeless, right? For example, we cannot ask the bartender at The Blue Velvet to move in, right?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #127 on: May 03, 2020, 12:28:24 PM »

And all of these are only for Original Townies in actual houses/apartments and absolutely no Homeless, right? For example, we cannot ask the bartender at The Blue Velvet to move in, right?

Right...

• Only original townie families can be played, and they must be played as is - no gender changing. No homeless Sims.

Offline mismck

• Townie
« Reply #128 on: May 03, 2020, 03:08:38 PM »
Quick question can townies who are elderly and unable to reproduce naturally adopt so long as they complete the other requirements of soul mates etc etc

Rachel

I see no reason to not allow that. Just make sure they have their Life Alerts on when junior needs a diaper change..."I've fallen and I can't get up!"

So in my test file, I had an Elder couple adopt 2 NooBoos on Day 1, then left them to fend for themselves while populating more of the worlds. I checked on their household at the end of week 2 and their house was empty - the Elders obviously died and the children were not old enough to live alone.

My question is this: Do we still get to count the 2 NooBoos that were adopted?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #129 on: May 03, 2020, 03:28:11 PM »
So in my test file, I had an Elder couple adopt 2 NooBoos on Day 1, then left them to fend for themselves while populating more of the worlds. I checked on their household at the end of week 2 and their house was empty - the Elders obviously died and the children were not old enough to live alone.

Hmmm...this is kind of a tough call. On the one hand, you put in the legwork and had them adopt. So, why wouldn't you count them? On the other hand, players are taking a snapshot of all worlds at the end for their score. You would have nothing to score in that house. Let's see what other team members say.

Offline LenaLJ

• Watcher
« Reply #130 on: May 03, 2020, 04:48:24 PM »

Hmmm...this is kind of a tough call. On the one hand, you put in the legwork and had them adopt. So, why wouldn't you count them? On the other hand, players are taking a snapshot of all worlds at the end for their score. You would have nothing to score in that house. Let's see what other team members say.

Your score is taken at the end of the challenge. So I would say they do not count if they are not there.
Else it could become rather complicated to keep track of the score through the whole challenge.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #131 on: May 04, 2020, 05:03:01 PM »
I just finished reading through all the questions and would like to confirm our settings.
We are playing households in rotation but aging continues like in non-rotational gameplay, is that correct?

Auto-age (Played sims): Yes
Auto-age (Unplayed Sims): checked

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #132 on: May 04, 2020, 05:19:57 PM »
I just finished reading through all the questions and would like to confirm our settings.
We are playing households in rotation but aging continues like in non-rotational gameplay, is that correct?

Auto-age (Played sims): Yes
Auto-age (Unplayed Sims): checked

Yes, those are the correct settings.

@mismck, I would agree with Lena. Your score is what you have at the end of the game. Your strategy needs to account for the fact that elders will die.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #133 on: May 04, 2020, 07:43:13 PM »
I would agree with Lena. Your score is what you have at the end of the game. Your strategy needs to account for the fact that elders will die.

This kinds of makes me think of a bit of a song from Jesus Christ Superstar - I give you over to Caiaphus and his fellow chief priests/Pharisees

"Will die will die, some elders will die, when planning your strategies, remember some elders will, elders will, elders will die!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lN4TxOd9I8Q for the song in full.

Offline mismck

• Townie
« Reply #134 on: May 05, 2020, 04:48:55 AM »

"Will die will die, some elders will die, when planning your strategies, remember some elders will, elders will, elders will die!"

@Deklitch That is the perfect theme for this! LOL  :D

I believe I have now sufficiently planned for my Elders inevitable deaths. My spreadsheet is now ready for execution. Now waiting impatiently for the 11th to start my game file.