Author Topic: Freelance photography  (Read 2927 times)

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
Freelance photography
« on: May 04, 2020, 12:32:31 AM »
So I just want my sim to unlock the fancy camera, so she got a freelance photography job.  She took an assignment, got a picture featuring what the assignment wanted, but now I have to submit it for approval.  Problem is, that isn't an option.  Am I doing something wrong?

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
Re: Freelance photography
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2020, 12:38:41 AM »
Ok, when my sim got home I tried again, and now there was a Freelancer option in the pie menu.  That had the submit for approval option on it.  Pretty sure that wasn't there before, maybe because I'm home now? 

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2020, 01:10:31 PM »
Now I have a different question.  Can you dismiss a hired model after you get the picture you needed?  I had a very pregnant woman show up, I got the shot... and she just stood there for hours afterward.  I think she was still there when I saved and quit for the night.  I talked to her, but couldn't find any options to send her home again.  I even picked up the pose marker and put it away, but she still stood in the same spot.

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2020, 01:58:42 PM »
She may have a frozen que, did you try resetting her?

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2020, 04:15:38 PM »
Didn't think of that.  If she's still there when I load the game, I'll try it.

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2020, 07:08:47 PM »
Well, I don't know if resetting did anything, but I also engaged her in a conversation while already talking to someone else in another room, making her come to me.  Then she acted like any other visitor, talked and watched TV for a bit and finally went home.

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2020, 10:38:11 AM »
Sounds like she had a frozen que as reloading a sim resets them. Glad it was resolved.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2020, 02:14:30 PM »
I had another assignment where I needed 5 shots.  I kind of assumed it wasn't supposed to be all the same sim?  After the third one, I discovered there's a 3 sim limit on hired service sims on a lot.  And then I remembered my sim has finished the music aspiration and has Piper.  Etude of Egress shooed them off and I was able to get 2 more.  And send them right home afterwards with Piper again.
She finally maxed her meter and got the camera, which is all I wanted.  She quit the freelancer career and became a lawyer now.  Freelance photography would be perfect for a university student, since it's not very time consuming at all and you can take the pictures when you have time.