Author Topic: The Sims™ 4 Eco Lifestyle: Official Reveal Trailer Updated 05/19/20  (Read 9569 times)

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
I don't have to pretest Eco Lifestyle or anything like that, but I preordered it soon after it became available.

I'm playing a Build-A-City Challenge where I'm currently playing my last household (my 14th) of Round 1. I've played each household one week at a time.
After the current week, I'm going to stop until Eco Lifestyle comes out.
I will delete all the EL premade sims and assign the Eco-Master/Knox, Master Crafter/?, and Enterpreneur/Bessr roles to my own sims.
(I read somewhere that we can do it, but I don't know how yet.) I will eventually move two households into each of the three neighborhoods.
I'll be moving some households out of Oasis Springs so I can see how the Community Space lots function outside of Evergreen Harbor.
I'll want my Master Crafter sims to live on 40x30 or larger lots, if possible.

I'm curious how the growth of the community garden will balance with the home-lot gardens. Do we need to choose whether to be there or at the home lot in order to harvest?
Will the community garden make the large (complete and perfect) home garden obsolete? Sine the residential lots are all no larger than 30x20, the pack seems to encourage our sims to visit the community space.
Will I want to add toddler amenities to the community spaces?

Eco Lifestyle offers numerous new approaches to playing and building. Splitting up the weekly bill components is very clever, adding new depth to off-the-grid lots.
There is so much I look forward to doing in this new expansion. I can't enumerate what I "like best."
As for what I'm "not excited about": these days, I'm more focused on giving thanks.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
@Brian_Z That sounds fun. I want to do that too. Make sim, put sim on an empty lot, use cheats to reduce cash to $0. Then avoid any easy simoleon generating methods like beachcoming, copypasto, a job and the like. Then slowly build up a house with items scrounged in the dumpsters and built with the woodworking table, and the new skills. That sounds fun. Only income is from dumpster diving and selling stuff made from dumpster diving.

Sounds like a future challenge! But we won't be able to do an Eco Lifestyle one for a while.

As for your questions, I already pre-ordered.
What I plan to do first is put a couple of community center lots in my Wisewoman file. The big lot in Del Sol Valley will be bulldozed and one will go there, next to the Zests and the Calientes.

Most of my Sims families are the only households in their neighborhoods, so I might have to move in some families and see what they come up with for N.A.P.'s.

I'm excited about the Neighborhood Action Plans and the Community lots, also about living off the grid. And I want to see those neighborhoods in Evergreen Harbor in their various states.

Not so excited about dumpster woo-hoo (although dumpster diving is fine), death by flies, eating bugs, or the meat garden.

Overall, my opinion is high. My fingers are crossed that this will produce the right amount of unpredictability that TS4 has lacked.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
Big lots encourage the building of big rambling mansions, kind of the opposite of the theme of this pack.  So that's probably the reasoning behind the lots being no bigger than 30x20, along with the urban setting.  A basement could probably hold all the crafting equipment, freeing up the yard for the garden.  The vertical garden item looks like it can double the number of plants in a space.  It does sound like you're going to want to grow a lot of different things, if you're going to make all this stuff.
And speaking of big gardens, finally something to do with all that surplus produce!  You can sell it, but there's better ways to make money.  Now you can feed it into the shredder and get bits and pieces, which can be made into things which had nothing to do with the ridiculous stack of spinach you had.

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
@Brian_Z
Rather than the big, rambling mansion, I'm a fan of the huge yard. ;D
Don't want to lose our Tiny Living perks, right?

Offline scoed

• Watcher
Well I am into micro homes and huge crafting papillons to protect all the oversized skill objects from the weather. Micro home perks rule. Before the last stuff pack mansions everywhere, now not a mansion to be found among my played sims. Even large families have micro homes with papillon kitchens. Only real issue is extremely col or hot weather. You just have to micro manage your sims chothes when papillon living.

I wonder how the whole new pollution/fire/bill systems are going to change my builds. It could change things as much as my micro home obsession. I am so excited.

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
I'm not really sure how to build a butterfly, but pavilions are very useful for protecting electronics and growing plants with Sheltered status.  ;D

If you put railings around your flat roof, that doesn't make it count as a new floor and add to the tile count, does it?  As long as you place them by drawing, not putting walls then converting them?

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
Are you buying the pack?
No

If you are, what are you going to do first?
N/A

What are you most excited about and not so excited about?
I'm not excited about anything to do with the pack. At this point, I'm more interested in the Naughty Knight Knickers, I mean Nifty Knitting Pack than this one. And from my title of that pack, you can hopefully tell I'm not overly excited about that pack either.

What are your opinion of the pack as a whole?
I'm giving it a miss. It is just another example in the long line of them that I'm not in the target market of the Sims franchise any more.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Dreamweaver

• Occult
Re: The Sims™ 4 Eco Lifestyle: Official Reveal Trailer Updated 05/19/20
« Reply #52 on: June 02, 2020, 02:49:44 PM »
Are you buying the pack?
No

If you are, what are you going to do first?
N/A

What are you most excited about and not so excited about?
Not excited about any of this pack which is rare for me. Usually at least one thing catches my interest and I wind up buying it.

What are your opinion of the pack as a whole?
I don't know who this pack is meant for but it's not me.

anything